Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android (41571 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by afroniger: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

iPhone is thriving because it has access to those popular apps that everyone use and trust. Ask yourself, why did window and BlackBerry phone devices crash totally out of the market?

If you are one of those with American supremacist tendencies that feels nothing will survive without the U.S stamp of approval on it, then I can't even converse with you because there's no point. For me, this isn't about America vs. China. If a product is functional and serves my needs I will buy it/key into it, whether it's from America or not. As an aside, I lived most of my formative years and early adult life in the U.S (12-solid years) so I have nothing against America per se. But it seems some of you guys have taken this Huawei issue personal and internalized it as if its your battle. I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me. undecided I think I've already made my point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by PassiveNaira: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
Please remind me by year 2025 when it will fully get to Naija.
For now, we are still busy with ministerial list and Election Tribunal cases.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by holuphisayor(m): 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
You don't mean it grin
In before ads like " hongmeng os developers with 5years experience needed" shocked
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by LikeCool(m): 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
TechPlace24:

Read More At: http://www.techplace24.com/2019/06/16/huaweis-new-hongmeng-os-reportedly-60-percent-faster-than-android/

I doubt it, it's still a new operating system. It needs to survive in the game for like 5 years before being worthy to be compared to Android.
Having a new OS doesn't just end there, it comes with great responsibility; updating, bug fixing, providing vital applications etc.
Mind you that the new OS doesn't yet have apps of it's own, it currently supports side loaded Android apps. So, it will take some years for developers to get accustomed with their SDK. Lets pray it doesn't end up as windows mobile OS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by TheKingIsHere: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
afroniger:

If you are one of those with American supremacist tendencies that feels nothing will survive without the U.S stamp of approval on it, then I can't even converse with you because there's no point. For me, this isn't about America vs. China. If a product is functional and serves my needs I will buy it/key into it, whether it's from America or not. As an aside, I lived most of my formative years and early adult life in the U.S (12-solid years) so I have nothing against America per se. But it seems some of you guys have taken this Huawei issue personal and internalized it as if its your battle. I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me. undecided I think I've already made my point.

I only asked you a question but you knew you couldn't give a true answer, so you decided to tell us you had stayed in the US and all.

As long as the phone doesn't have access to those apps, it is useless. That's the bitter truth. BlackBerry and Windows phone can testify

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CyberWolf: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
With google messing up android phones with ads recently, I see HongMeng phones putting android out of market real soon although HongMeng still have a huge bridge to cross cos Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Googlemap, and other Us tech owned app won’t run it. Until they find a suitable alternative accepted by their patronage, don’t see them making any headway outside China soon.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Dumetroniks: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Oh great and everyone is hammering on how fast one communist spy software is over android. Would you trust your data to a phony telecom company that steals trade and secret information and fronts for the Chinese MSS. The board of huawei doesn’t report to shareholders. They report to the Chinese secret state service people! How happy would you be when you discover that your mobile phone chipset has a backdoor supplying the communist state with every fucking detail of what you are doing even if you choose to have all ur information encrypted?
China is never a reliable party when it comes to things like consumer data protection and security. At least Snowden could snitch on the NSA and abscond from the US. You dare not try that in a communist state. Enjoy your speed while they enjoy ur privacy. Huawei is a frontier for Chinese espionage.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by zone51: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
otiwisdom:
I wonder if Nigeria had an OS,how would it look like. undecided

Like daily trust cartoon grin
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by TheKingIsHere: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
CyberWolf:
With google messing up android phones with ads recently, I see HongMeng phones putting android out of market real soon.

And you think they won't run on their own ads? SMH

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by afroniger: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
u are a software developer as u are talking like a novice??..smh

how many Asian countries use Chinese android os?..Koreans,Japanese,Taiwanese,Singaporean etc don't use Chinese android..they use Google Android because Chinese android is riddled with spyware.do u even realise that takes only china and very few Asians countries that uses WeChat?....other Asians countries use Facebook, whatsapp, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat etc...which aren't present in china.

windowsphone,tizen OS,webos,symbian is etc failed because of lack of developers support.huawei won't even go past 1 percent market shares

if u think it's easy to gain market share ask Google about the market share of their chrome os

Ok. You win. HongMeng stands no chance against the 'almighty Google'. If that admission makes you sleep better at night.. well.. knock yourself out. undecided I don't have the energy for any back-and-forth over this subject matter as such would amount to a mere academic exercise. At the end of the day, if HongMeng turns out to be a kick-ass Android alternative, who else but the consumers/end-users would be the beneficiaries? I don't understand why that's so difficult for some of y'all to grasp. Oh well.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
not all...bank apps and other apps from companies only allow download of their apps from playstore.... Facebook,google, microsoft etc will deprecate or shutdown access of their app from Huawei store

Android is an open source built on Linux... All this will be resolved. If blackberry and Windows are still very much in circulation all the banks and other companies will develop app for it

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CyberWolf: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

And you think they won't run on their own ads? SMH
Until they do
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by martineverest(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
afroniger:

Ok. You win. HongMeng stands no chance against the 'almighty Google'. If that admission makes you sleep better at night.. well.. knock yourself out. undecided I don't have the energy for any back-and-forth over this subject matter as such would amount to a mere academic exercise. At the end of the day, if HongMeng turns out to be a kick-ass Android alternative, who else but the consumers/end-users would be the beneficiaries? I don't understand why that's so difficult for some of y'all to grasp. Oh well.. undecided
it doesn't benefit us....we are waiting for microsoft re-entry into mobile or PWAs to come out in full force for proper alternative.....Huawei is Chinese government in disguise,they will riddle their os with spywares for Chinese government

5 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by shogz89: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Huawei is already in existence with full android features.

However, i asked a question. Can you use a phone without all Google apps, Instagram, Watsapp, Facebook, twitter, etc.

Remember taxify, Uber and Co are built on the backbone of Google maps. They won't function without Google. That means you can't use taxify on Huawei.
the os is going to be a forked android that will still run all Android apps..

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
WinningSun:

Android is an open source built on Linux... All this will be resolved. If blackberry and Windows are still very much in circulation all the banks and other companies will develop app for it
blackberry later used AOSP like that Huawei is using,yet it never gained shares...banks and other organisations go with crowd.it cost alot to develop an app..nobody will develop apps for is with few users

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CioAngels(f): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Huawei should come out with good marketing incentive and withdraw our old Huawei for new one. Huawei, we are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Awoleesu(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp
I guess orkut, wechat, Mojo, QQ and WWchat will be suitable alternatives grin

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
CyberWolf:
With google messing up android phones with ads recently, I see HongMeng phones putting android out of market real soon.

Are you joking? Put Android out it market.

Let's refer back to history as it will play itself again.

Android will only get better. What will knock Android out will still come from the US.

The US strongholds in this play has been built over years and believing one OS will just come and knock it out conveniently is a mirage.

Let it survive first 5 years and we will start from there.

Players have been on this stage and dead today. Let see how Huawei plans to override this.

If you might permit me to make an example, do you think a Rolls Royce or Toyota can be knocked off the peak they stand as of date? It's close to a mirage.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by tolexy007(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
Awoleesu:

I guess orkut, wechat, Mojo, QQ and WWchat will be suitable alternatives grin

who u wan follow for Orkut? Chun chi or zchun Lee?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Hotfreezer: 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogz89:
the os is going to be a forked android that will still run all Android apps..

Without access to playstore?

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
Forked android is still android angry
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by ibknaanii80: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
chigoziri2403:
like for huawei hongmong OS , share for Google's Android

U don't start this nonsense again, the thing no dey tire u

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CyberWolf: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ugonwaeze14:

You forget tecno, infinix and Huawei are popular in China and other parts of the world.
And what’s the use of techno, infinix, etc in Africa if Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. can’t run on it?

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Emotionss: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
Anyone who believe Huawei will survive can believe anything.
Have you people forgotten the likes of blackberry and window phones ?

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CyberWolf: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

Are you joking? Put Android out it market.

Let's refer back to history as it will play itself again.

Android will only get better. What will knock Android out will still come from the US.

The US strongholds in this play has been built over years and believing one OS will just come and knock it out conveniently is a mirage.

Let it survive first 5 years and we will start from there.

Players have been on this stage and dead today. Let see how Huawei plans to override this.

If you might permit me to make an example, do you think a Rolls Royce or Toyota can be knocked off the peak they stand as of date? It's close to a mirage.
go read my modified post.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by bamasite2: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
Competition has arrived
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by edicied: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
when google play service wan kill this small phone way i day manage grin
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by shogz89: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Without access to playstore?
yes they have other appstore like apptoide and even their app gallery... It's not only from play store you can get android apps..
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by HARDDON: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp

They wouldn't be bundled with the devices but they would be complaint with all social networks. Meaning that users can xander and install. .Remember third party installs? Yes. Like that
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by xnsandrxns: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
This is a company in trouble
They need Africa's market to survive cos the west has turned their back on them
This is a time for Africa to negotiate

We will get your products alright
But we want your companies on ground too

Don't just bring these things here

Bring your company

9 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by poweredcom(m): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
D name self taya person
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

Their is no competition here. All this are just initial GRA GRA

The chips are on the table. Match them up and you will clearly see.

US can call multiple knocks on that OS at will.

All the chips to make that OS useless are on US table
So .... you know better than Huawei hmmm, they know what they are unto than me and you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Nobody On Earth Needs An iPhone13 / How Cute Is Your Wallpaper? / 10 Types Of People On Your BBM Contact List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.