Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android (41590 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by patrickmuf(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:

This is a big lie. Stop telling lies.

Tecno and Infinix are so useless in China that no one buys them. Xiaomi, Oppo and Co are popular.

Ever heard of Tencent? I'm sure you've not. That's what Huawei would become. Popular in China, worthless outside China.

Or can you use a phone without Facebook, Watsapp, Instagram, Google maps, chrome, etc.
Pricing will come to play, they'll offer their products cheap and trust Africans to patronize them. They'll also clone FB, Twitter, WhatsApp and the likes and with the price advantage, more people will opt for their products and consequently the apps that comes with it will become popular...It's you and I that's making FB, Twitter and the likes what it is, if an alternative comes up at a cheaper price but same or better quality, trust me, we will bin Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and the likes.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by kerzhim(m): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

You not facing square reality. Take a deeper look nto the play.

Huawei still heading for a loss.

All the chips on US table can heavily knock Huawe at will.

It's a lost battle. It's just the bitter truth.
Lets wait and see what happens in the nearest future
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by patrickmuf(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
xnsandrxns:
This is a company in trouble
They need Africa's market to survive cos the west has turned their back on them
This is a time for Africa to negotiate

We will get your products alright
But we want your companies on ground too

Don't just bring these things here

Bring your company
Good point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by martineverest(m): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Freehuman:

Lol. You can use a web version of youTube, Wikipedia, Twitter, Gmail and facebook. They will always be compatible as long as they are in the world wide web, they will be compatible with any device. I use You Tube at www.Youtube.com.

Only their apps will be incompatible. By the way how do you know other American capitalists like Snap chat will join Alphabet INC??
snap is an American company like Google , Facebook and microsoft.they take/took directives from president trump regarding sino-american trade war saga
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
dehi:
you are bringing in Innoson to this.... Go and check the high rate of orders Innoson is receiving today..... most Africans can't afford US phones and that means we are stocked with Chinese phones and China on her own has the market..... Just listen to news outside the US, you will found out almost every body is backing out of the sanction

You amazed me with the Africa you mentioned. This are the most hard core consumers you have in the world. Forget the opinion they patronize Huawei phones much, in reality, its just affordable. Just let Rihanna flaunt an iPhone 10(example) and you will see 10,000 units sold in Nigeria alone next day.

You want to get Africa away from Google, Facebook and Instagram? You want to take them out of trend? The China mentality is stuck in our heads. We believe you inferior using a Chinese product.

Is not a same Africa where they worship Benz, BMW, Audi and Volkswagen above others and believe you just stepping up with a Toyota? Am giving you market and consumer trends.

Forget this hype. Reality will play very soon. 5 years I give that OS.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
windows phone was the smoothest and most secured (after blackberry) and blackberry was the most secured,yet they failed..... without developers Huawei isn't going anywhere
When did android os come into existence? Even iOS is not using android op and the smartphone is more expensive and in popular demand than android device.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by martineverest(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
cucumbae:
When did android os come into existence? Even iOS is not using android op and the smartphone is more expensive and in popular demand than android device.
what's Ur point?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

You amazed me with the Africa you mentioned. This are the most hard core consumers you have in the world. Forget the opinion they patronize Huawei phones much, in reality, its just affordable. Just let Rihanna flaunt an iPhone 10(example) and you will see 10,000 units sold in Nigeria alone next day.

You want to get Africa away from Google, Facebook and Instagram? You want to take them out of trend? The China mentality is stuck in our heads. We believe you inferior using a Chinese product.

Is not a same Africa where they worship Benz, BMW, Audi and Volkswagen above others and believe you just stepping up with a Toyota? Am giving you market and consumer trends.

For every one IPhone bought 100 infinix phones are purchased in Nigeria, for every one Mercedes Benz car bought in Nigeria 20 Toyota cars are purchased. Na only celebrities and yahoo boys they carry their last card buy Iphone and Benz. No be of recent Otedola upgrade phone?

In Nigeria such goods are goods of ostentation. Even the government knows it's for the elites. While only the president drives Mercedes Benz, councillors , chairmen, Judges, and even Bank Mangers have Toyota or Honda as their official car. Have you ever seen a government bus manufactured by Benz? It's Toyota Hiace. Have you ever seen a police van manufactured by Benz, it's mostly Toyota Hilux.
Go to federal universities and State Universities, go to banks for every 1 Mac Book you find there, you'll see 100 Hp laptops there. That's the reality of Africa

Man wey wan send him pickin go school go buy smartphone for himself, wife and children at 350k each because of facebook and Instagram when he can get 8 decent smartphones phones for that 350k. Lol.

Forget that social media hype.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Hotfreezer: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
patrickmuf:
Pricing will come to play, they'll offer their products cheap and trust Africans to patronize them. They'll also clone FB, Twitter, WhatsApp and the likes and with the price advantage, more people will opt for their products and consequently the apps that comes with it will become popular...It's you and I that's making FB, Twitter and the likes what it is, if an alternative comes up at a cheaper price but same or better quality, trust me, we will bin Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and the likes.

Story
Why didn't Tencent survive outside China?

So, the game plan is for Huawei to survive on cloned apps? grin

Bro, which price advantage are you talking about? Huawei no be Tecno o.
It is Samsung that would kill Huawei, just watch.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
snap is an American company like Google , Facebook and microsoft.they take/took directives from president trump regarding sino-american trade war saga

Not so, they take directives from their board of directors. If they take directives from Trump then American media would be stupid to say Huawei is answerable to the Chinese government because it would mean Facebook and google are in the same shoes.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp
Baido would be on it , so just learn mandarin.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dangoteinlaw: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Only ignorant people think Huawei phones would scale through this. Look at Tencent, it is popular in China but failed outside China.

Uber, Taxify and Co are based on Google map frameworks. Taxify definitely won't work on Huawei and you think I would sacrifice mobility cos I want to use Huawei? No way
lmfao, u are so on point. With these restrictions on app will work on that colasal disaster called an OS lol. I wanted to get a new Chinese phone recently but with this ban I would rather get me an iPhone 7 at least. You know the reason most Chinese phones wear working was coz you only had issues with the apps and not the OS itself, imagine a phone software and hardware now deciding which would go first, that's a total disaster.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by freemi(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
hehe. .thanks to US over sabi. .w wil nw ve IOs, android n hongmeng. .let d game begin
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
xnsandrxns:
This is a company in trouble
They need Africa's market to survive cos the west has turned their back on them
This is a time for Africa to negotiate

We will get your products alright
But we want your companies on ground too

Don't just bring these things here

Bring your company
Our leaders are not that smart, the one that are would take bribe. Either way we are bleeped.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dangoteinlaw: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
jaxxy:
What where they going to say b4 that it is slower? LMAO.

I have been watching sm Chinese News and I realise Chinese/China don't handle criticism well especially from their own people. U dare not criticize unlike Americans who are free to talk.
lol ur comment was the kind I was looking for coz I'm in a place that I couldn't type. You just spoke my mind, Chinese operate a communist system which is one of the most dangerous since history. They are fraudsters, would they tell you the OS is not up to expectations, offcourse not, they will so hup themselves to Africans coz this is where they are targeting. Make god provide money, we went dey use chinko know say na wack, we just have too much responsibilities to spent four money on iPhones

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by ayomidepaul(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
Do not forget you are dealing with USA they'll always come out stronger.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by patrickmuf(m): 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Story
Why didn't Tencent survive outside China?

So, the game plan is for Huawei to survive on cloned apps? grin

Bro, which price advantage are you talking about? Huawei no be Tecno o.
It is Samsung that would kill Huawei, just watch.
The OS will most likely be used by Tecno, INFINIX and the likes, they are cheap and trust Africans to patronize them. It wouldn't take an African anything to switch to their apps once the device is cheap.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
ayomidepaul:
Do not forget you are dealing with USA they'll always come out stronger.
I wish I could agree with you completely on this. But I can't, cause the American people don't even know trump is fighting for them . If they can be patient enough then give it 3 years huawei would history.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
Most people don't even realize that huawei mobile phone share in USA is less than 10% their major client is the United States , western governments and big corporations, if all of these people bail on them African market won't be enough. If I lie ask Blackbrery how far ?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by narttis1: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

You not facing square reality. Take a deeper look nto the play.

Huawei still heading for a loss.

All the chips on US table can heavily knock Huawe at will.

It's a lost battle. It's just the bitter truth.

It seems you guys don't get it. If Huawei successfully launches it's OS, that marks the beginning of the end for Android. You all talking about Facebook, Twitter and stuff, don't forget Huawei is also leading in 5G technology which has applications like Internet of things (IoT), driverless cars etc.
Imagine a social app backed by 5G with IoT applications, imagine your phone remotely communicating with your car or using your phone to drive your car, that's what we're talking about.
With such applications, it won't be long before Facebook et al joins their big brother, yahoo messenger in oblivion.
Huawei will still be the long term winner in this.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by freemi(m): 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
azuson:
What is the need if the following apps will not work with it
1 google
2 facebook
3 whatapp
4 twitter etc
der mite make their social media n if der turnout sexier. .ha mo trouble
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by sapientia(m): 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
This cannot be true.

Whose new phones are never fast.

Till its run for like a year, then i will believe them.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by narttis1: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
u aren't getting it...let's face reality,the only company that can come up with alternative is microsoft.thwy are currently developing their new mobile operating now that their app ecosystem is getting developers support..Huawei is a Chinese company.non Chinese use their product because of Google playstore.if they chose to launch a new os,many people including Asians that are American allies won't use it and developers won't support it

I will use it. Why the unnecessary loyalty to US companies. The US is doing thus because they can't compete fairly with Huawei and you are sitting somewhere in sambisa saying things you don't understand
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by chigoziri2403(m): 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
luluosas:
PDP and APC, una don start again. I hope you remembered that the many PDP Nairaland likes never earned them the presidency. Kwuontinu ooooooo
Huawei and Android is not Nigeria bro, where rigging is the real election, there is sanity in those regions
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
kennygee:
I love huawei phones, I'll buy one when my bank account touches the hem of Jesus' garment.

That means when money stops flowing na.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by narttis1: 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
m140:

Did you know more than Huawei

What chips? If US can compete why ban Huawei?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by freemi(m): 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

They are hardware gaint not software gaint.

How many meaningful and popular apps do they have?
How many Chinese os or even apps are popular outside China?

At the end America owns and decide everything about the Internet.

Let's see how they will do if 90% of Android apps are not compatible with their os.
apps like which?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by chigoziri2403(m): 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
ibknaanii80:

U don't start this nonsense again, the thing no dey tire u
ignore the nonsense and go to bed
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by rapid101(m): 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
abogjohn:
FB and Twitter, Instagram I can’t say because they are US company
der all b Facebook, Instagram and d like cus de ll create apps DAT ll b suitable for d operating system
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

my statement is not related to sentiment,,. Am speaking from the ago of the level of poverty
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by narttis1: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
henryobinna:
and you think the Europeans and other Asian countries would gladly use a phone that the Chinese government forced them to install an OS on? isn't this part of what trump and the US government has been talking about? the Chinese government has been bankrolling huawei and in return huawei is likely or will in the future start remitting data.

The day the Chinese government forces manufactures to use a particular Chinese OS that's the end of that OS and everything concerning it outside china.

Huawei sef hasn't survived the present predicament yet you're trying to make life more complicated for them

Is that the latest propaganda? The Chinese government forced who to do what? Do you know the US government get data about you from Facebook, Twitter, instagram and the other US companies? Have you asked yourself why is the US requiring you to submit your social media profile as part of visa applications? Which country spies on us more than the US? Google spies on every android.
Huawei is for a private individual, not the Chinese government. The US should learn to accept the fact that they can't be leaders everyday in everything. Other people are also intelligent

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Dotng: 12:01am On Jun 17, 2019
dancewith:
I can confidently say that like aviation, China has been poor on mobile technology.

Just take a look at the Chinese cars available. I wont be holding my breath on this. They are good at copying other technology and doing so very poorly

If the koreans, as smart and tech advanced as they are, rely on Google, I can't see the Chinese having a better product

My guess is they had this all along but couldn't use it cos it compared poorly to android. They are simply doing this cos they have no choice not that it is better
It is all part of the hype. An OS that hasn't been stressed by power hungry apps and speed is being mentioned. It is too early to compare it with Google. Google has done well for itself by the number of of its own apps which organisations rely on for their functionality. No business will risk toying with a non tested OS. There is a reason the iPhone is still a market leader and Android is a dominant force in mobile OS. What is the selling point for Hongmen? Speed alone? Seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Nobody On Earth Needs An iPhone13 / 10 Types Of People On Your BBM Contact List / Samsung Nigeria Caught Tweeting From An Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.