Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android (41624 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by henryobinna(m): 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
pyrex23:
Most Chinese phones would soon dump android for this Operating system
A large number of mobile phone makers are Chinese so i won't be suprised by the switch
you don't the hongmeng or whatever OS is still android OS just not the Google version...

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by shogz89: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Forked android is still android angry
yes but it's the open source portion that can be used by any one without litigations or permissions.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
China things doesn't last. Africa with slave to china
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
it doesn't benefit us....we are waiting for microsoft re-entry into mobile or PWAs to come out in full force for proper alternative.....Huawei is Chinese government in disguise,they will riddle their os with spywares for Chinese government

oga please pardon my rudeness, e be like say this android na ur family business.

Stop painting Americans like angels, they steal data & spy on us morethan any other country in d world.

Personally I really dislike the Chinese due to thier blatant open racism & looking down on other races.

BUT I LOVE COMPETITION, IF HONGMENG CAN PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE, consumers like me, you & billions of other people on earth should enjoy the benefits of this war. And not keep licking US ass & d pussy grabber presido.

Google can not be on top forever, No matter how high a stone was thrown, it will still hit d ground one day. So not only HONGMENG, I wish for more OS. All those apps like Facebook, instagram,whatsapp, Google maps CAN BE EASILY COPIED AND REPLICATED EVEM ENHANCED SEf.

So let's just enjoy d show, d more dey compete, the better for us, more preference & utility maximizationgrin

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
m140:

So .... you know better than Huawei hmmm, they know what they are unto than me and you

Thai not knowing Huawei. It's looking at the market and consumers. Huawei won't even in China where they stand.

You talking about trend, brand and compatibility here. The whole dice is on US table. They can roll any at will.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

iPhone is thriving because it has access to those popular apps that everyone use and trust. Ask yourself, why did window and BlackBerry phone devices crash totally out of the market?
Did they stop fb,twitter, in stag ram and whatsapp?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
CyberWolf:
With google messing up android phones with ads recently, I see HongMeng phones putting android out of market real soon although HongMeng still have a huge bridge to cross cos Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Googlemap, and other Us tech owned app won’t run it. Until they find a suitable alternative accepted by their patronage, don’t see them making any headway outside China soon.
When it can't be sell in USA and Europe?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp
I guess yes
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
beamtopola:

When it can't b sold in USA and Europe?
if you have gotten patent right from the Europe, I see no reason why they will not alone you to see..... USA is alone on this one
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by martineverest(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jiang:

oga please pardon my rudeness, e be like say this android na ur family business.

Stop painting Americans like angels, they steal data & spy on us morethan any other country in d world.

Personally I really dislike the Chinese due to thier blatant open racism & looking down on other races.

BUT I LOVE COMPETITION, IF HONGMENG CAN PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE, consumers like me, you & billions of other people on earth should enjoy the benefits of this war. And not keep licking US ass & d pussy grabber presido.

Android can not be on top forever, No matter how high a stone was thrown, it will still hit d ground one day. So not only HONGMENG, I wish for more OS. All those apps like Facebook, instagram,whatsapp, Google maps CAN BE EASILY COPIED AND REPLICATED EVEM ENHANCED SEf.

So let's just enjoy d show, d more dey compete, the better for us, more preference & utility maximizationgrin
u aren't getting it...let's face reality,the only company that can come up with alternative is microsoft.thwy are currently developing their new mobile operating now that their app ecosystem is getting developers support..Huawei is a Chinese company.non Chinese use their product because of Google playstore.if they chose to launch a new os,many people including Asians that are American allies won't use it and developers won't support it

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

Thai not knowing Huawei. It's looking at the market and consumers. Huawei won't even in China where they stand.

You talking about trend, brand and compatibility here. The whole dice is on US table. They can roll any at will.

They know what they are into , they can't just give up. It's not a small brand you know, they are also very innovative, I bliv they can pull through
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by onadana: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
kennygee:
I love huawei phones, I'll buy one when my bank account touches the hem of Jesus' garment.

Blasphemy.... undecided
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by quinnboy: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp
sure thing...just like iOS Hongmeng too will have them all.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
beamtopola:
China things doesn't last. Africa with slave to china
just imagine.... Almost every tech use in Nigeria come from China.... It depends on the quality you decide to buy
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackaxe78:

You not facing square reality. Take a deeper look nto the play.

Huawei still heading for a loss.

All the chips on US table can heavily knock Huawe at will.

It's a lost battle. It's just the bitter truth.
Did you know more than Huawei
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by henryobinna(m): 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
patrickmuf:
This aggressive market strategy by Uncle Sam will likely backfire. I trust the Chinese government to compel all the mobile phone companies in China to go for the Huawei OS and you know what that means, they have the African and Asian Market and will compete for the European market. Huawei might just become the biggest beneficiary of the trade war.
and you think the Europeans and other Asian countries would gladly use a phone that the Chinese government forced them to install an OS on? isn't this part of what trump and the US government has been talking about? the Chinese government has been bankrolling huawei and in return huawei is likely or will in the future start remitting data.

The day the Chinese government forces manufactures to use a particular Chinese OS that's the end of that OS and everything concerning it outside china.

Huawei sef hasn't survived the present predicament yet you're trying to make life more complicated for them

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by tolexy007(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
dehi:
I guess yes

lolz...keep deceiving urself. only ur Wechat will work on it.. Huawei is gone. is just to giv a little fight b4 dey are buried. even most Asian countries around dem will not used it cos non of dem trust communist China with their information.. america are not saint but they are still better than China

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Las Las na USA go feel the pain....... Billions of dollars Huawei was paying to google will remain in China..... Don't joke with the Chinese with business.... Trump never expected Huawei has almost completed os... Trump will be the one who is going to beg for dialogue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
dehi:
if you have gotten patent right from the Europe, I see no reason why they will not alone you to see..... USA is alone on this one
The hauwei fight isn't only on USA entire Europe as a whole. Even most asian country aside Iran won't use this software
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by luluosas(m): 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
PDP and APC, una don start again. I hope you remembered that the many PDP Nairaland likes never earned them the presidency. Kwuontinu ooooooo
chigoziri2403:
like for huawei hongmong OS , share for Google's Android
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Dottore: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

They are hardware gaint not software gaint.

How many meaningful and popular apps do they have?
How many Chinese os or even apps are popular outside China?

At the end America owns and decide everything about the Internet.

Let's see how they will do if 90% of Android apps are not compatible with their os.
First and foremost they don't need US to survive.

They were banned in the US since early 2018 get it didn't stop their continuous growth. China alone has the about 800million ACTIVE daily netizens accounting for the world's highest so having 200million out of this is more than enough to sustain Huawei’s existence not to talk of other Asian countries besides they said their OS will be compatible with all existing Android apps.
Even if they fail to run popular apps like whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube they'd find a way to force their Chinese alternatives down the throat of their customers especially Africans and you'd see it work. All they have to do is make them available in English and make the advert rates cheaper. Already youku (Chinese YouTube) has more than 1.2 billion active monthly users despite running only in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, we chat doubles as Facebook and whatsapp and has about the same number of active users. Infact presently wechat doesn't just sign up anybody that has a mobile number. They are forming premium. It means you have to meet certain conditions before you get signed up. Such conditions include having an existing user who hasn't been previously banned referring you by scanning a QR code from the new users phone. And such existing user must have signed up for their electronicpay services. No time for nonsense.
My brother I bet you that in the next 3 years Google would be seeking a merger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
tolexy007:

lolz...keep deceiving urself. only ur Wechat will work on it.. Huawei is gone. is just to giv a little fight b4 dey are buried. even most Asian countries around dem will not used it cos non of dem trust communist China with their information.. america are not saint but they are still better than China
you think so.... You don't know anything.....
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Mac2016(m): 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
We told them that Android is playing with fire!

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Uricas(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
martineverest:
it will support mostly irrelevant apps and insecure apps that are full of virus, spywares and malwares..u can never see Ur bank apps there cos of security.most companies prefer to use playstore cos of security

that aside,goofle, Microsoft and Facebook will deprecate/shutdown their apps from Huawei store access
Laughs! If it's like that, then the technological advancement we have today will not exist. The Huawei that pulled 5G stunt can do more. The world will just have to choose.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

iPhone is thriving because it has access to those popular apps that everyone use and trust. Ask yourself, why did window and BlackBerry phone devices crash totally out of the market?

When the beta version of the OS is officially launched they will have their store and programmers will program Apps with the new operating system. Just like you have App Store and Google play store, you will have the new OS store and if your device supports the operating system you'll be downloading from that store. It won't crash then.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
m140:

Did you know more than Huawei

This a market open to all where analyst can give you insight. You have to look at all the stakes in this play and share it amongst both party's. It's close to all being on US side.

OS have come to this stage and crashed. Believing over 30 decades of US holding this calls can be lost just like that is fiction.

The target is the consumers which will go by brand, trend, compatibility and flexibility. How many years will it take Huawei to counter this? A year?

Face reality squarely and don't be sentimental. It's like believing ING you can knock off a Toyota or Rolls Royce at the podium they stand today.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Windows Don tey na, when android come sef, when mobile os popular sef, Huawei can do the unthinkable I beg. Anything can happen, Who knows 10 years ago that Huawei will be on No 2 spot on most mobile phone sale today, forget that company sabi
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by CyberWolf: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
beamtopola:

When it can't be sell in USA and Europe?
What do you mean?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
beamtopola:

The hauwei fight isn't only on USA entire Europe as a whole. Even most asian country aside Iran won't use this software
that's what what think.... Many countries are already getting fed up with US bullying.... You will see when the time comes.... Don't forget Huawei is the first to role out 5G nd tell me if these Europe countries will like to fall behind..... China to me has big edge over everything... Do you know what it means to have over 1.4billion people

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by dehi: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
m140:
Windows Don tey na, when android come sef, when mobile os popular sef, Huawei can do the unthinkable I beg. Anything can happen, Who knows 10 years ago that Huawei will be on No 2 spot on most mobile phone sale today, forget that company sabi
nd not only that.... The first company to role out 5G network
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by m140(m): 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
afroniger:

If you are one of those with American supremacist tendencies that feels nothing will survive without the U.S stamp of approval on it, then I can't even converse with you because there's no point. For me, this isn't about America vs. China. If a product is functional and serves my needs I will buy it/key into it, whether it's from America or not. As an aside, I lived most of my formative years and early adult life in the U.S (12-solid years) so I have nothing against America per se. But it seems some of you guys have taken this Huawei issue personal and internalized it as if its your battle. I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me. undecided I think I've already made my point.
God bless you my brother, I love good product irrespective of where it's made, if Huawei can stay it's should if they got what it takes , I bliv they know more than we here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Types Of People On Your BBM Contact List / Samsung Nigeria Caught Tweeting From An Iphone / MTN Modifies 1.5GB Data Plan, Limits Bonus To Night Only (1am - 7am)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.