Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Maize Farmers Only - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Farmers Only (27406 Views)

Imports, Low Prices Hurt Maize Farmers / Home For Snail Farmers Only. / Home For Just Maize Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Farmers Only by Illuminate01(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
U1:

Please where do you have your farm? I mean the particular farm estate.
I greet you all in this house.
Thanks so much for this beautiful thread,I'm an intending maize farmer and so far I've learned so much from this thread.
My challenge now is how to get a land for rent in ogun state plus the cost of rent, where I can have access to farming equipment and a bit of guidance . Please i need your assistance. Thanks
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Mickolad(m): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Nice thread please I need a farm land for rent in ibadan as an intending maize farmer. Someone should link me up 09069999621 watsapp.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Adamma91(f): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Illuminate01:

I greet you all in this house.
Thanks so much for this beautiful thread,I'm an intending maize farmer and so far I've learned so much from this thread.
My challenge now is how to get a land for rent in ogun state plus the cost of rent, where I can have access to farming equipment and a bit of guidance . Please i need your assistance. Thanks
i am in Ogun state, Alapoti after Atan. Though I am a new farmer, my mentor can guide you, there is land here in abundance. We will soon start land preparation. You can contact me in 09035016155.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Illuminate01(m): 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Adamma91:
i am in Ogun state, Alapoti after Atan. Though I am a new farmer, my mentor can guide you, there is land here in abundance. We will soon start land preparation. You can contact me in 09035016155.
Ok,nice of you,I'll contact you as soon as possible
Re: Maize Farmers Only by numen(m): 9:37am On Feb 27, 2020
Any maize supplier here that has 100 tons?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by adescopy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
pls I need assistance. I have a piece of land by mile 8 in Ogun state when you go through Ojere/ pansheke. though the land had not been used for sometime and farm hands that want to do the cutting are demanding #20,000 for an acres, is this not much? Can I get a better prize? pls if you are around that place and can help get those that can clear the land for a lesser price let me known. Thanks
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Sterlingsolutns: 10:47am On Mar 19, 2020
@OluchiDelly

Can you please let us see the pictures or drawings of how your knapsack with a hood looks like? It could be helpful now that labour cost has become a material cost in farm operations

OluchiDelly:

Educative thread u have here sis.

My choice of weeding is herbicides. I use any a.I nicosulfuron, such as striker , guard force, i sometimes mix wt atrazine. Nico is selective to corn n very potent, just 100ml in ur tank, u get d magic. But transplanted veggies can nt survive in that land in d next 3 months. I fell victim once, so I stopped using it, cos I cherished d life of my veggies more.
I am currently using glyphosate/paraquat. I improvised a hood over my nozzle at a low pressure to focus/control d direction of d vapour with d hood very closed to d ground to avoid diversion by wind. I spray in such a way that the mouth of d nozzle/hood is directed away from d plants, tho injury sometimes but very minimal. Frustration from workers can make one think outside box.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by OluchiDelly: 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:

@OluchiDelly

Can you please let us see the pictures or drawings of how your knapsack with a hood looks like? It could be helpful now that labour cost has become a material cost in farm operations

Do send me a mail, it wl be easier to attach pix that way.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Illuminate01(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2020
ifedola28:

Cost breakdown per acre in Ewekoro local government in Ogun state

Clearing - 12k
Burning- 5k
Ploughing - 8k
Planting - 2k
Manure - ?
Fertilizer - ?
Chemical spraying - 2500
Fertilizer application - 3k
Herbicides - ?
Seeds - ?

Pls is land still available in this area,if it is can you pls help with your contact.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Illuminate01(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2020
Can you pls add me on 08038600384. Thanks
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Jonnic1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
What an interesting thread on maize farming. I am a maize farmer too based in Abuja. My farm is located closed to Keffi, Nasarawa state. Any nairalander maize farmer in Abuja and Nasarawa can link up so we can share ideas. my no. adevicadigitaltech@gmail.com. 08072316684. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Only by ibrabdul72(m): 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks very much for this insightful thread OP and all the bright minds that contributed to it. I am an intending farmer and I'm glad I went through all the pages word for word. I learnt a lot from the exchanges. God bless you all
Re: Maize Farmers Only by ABHAKS: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2020
I need maize seeder cum fertilizer for sale. If you have or any contacts please share, thanks.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by FarmandTractors: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2020
FarmandTractors:
At Farm&Tractors, we offer the best service in agricultural land preparations for your farm projects. Our services cut across land deforestation-bulldozing, plowing, harrowing etc. All tree growth, stumps, large stones and other obstacles to the normal operation of farm equipment shall be completely removed. Land clearing method shall limit the loss of topsoil removed from the area being cleared. Debris piles shall also be free from mud and topsoil.
The land shall be sufficiently level to permit the normal operation of farm equipment and the area must be ready for seed bed preparation. We deliver good service nationwide. We get the job done irrespective of the land location. Contact us for your quality land clearing-09056508129, (08062288737 -available on whatsApp).

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Begins Onions Cultivation (Photos) / Latest Prices Of Day Old Broilers, Pullets,turkeys & Cockerels. / We Can Supply Groundnut In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.