Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (34990 Views)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / INEC Must Transmit Governorship Election Results Electronically - Court / LG Polls: Lagos May Transmit Election Results Electronically – LASIEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

Unfortunately, even such data cannot prove who voted for who and in what numbers, sorry.

P34c3

It seems you don't understand the argument. The argument is that many voted without accreditation and that gave APC the upper hand to influence and allocate bogus scores to itself, particularly in the Boko Haram infested States, hence the need to confirm from server the number of accredited voters versus number that actually voted.

The server issue has become a thorn in APC's flesh therefore APC is using all available means to ensure the server is not made available to PDP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by truthstands20: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
For those of you shouting server this, server that.
Ask yourself

1. Why did 37 professors that served as returning officers travelled to Abuja to read out results of all political parties as long as the list was?

2. We're the results read on national TV signed by all party agents at ward levels and polling centres where elections were held?

3. Did people vote manually using their fingers on a paper and the papers were manually dropped in a ballot box?

4. Apart from using the machine for accreditation, did any Nigerian vote using machine or they used a hard copy paper?

5. Let's assume there's a server that records the accreditation and PVC that were used before voting, did any of the PVC show the political parties that the holder of the PVC voted for?

6. There was a server and the server showed number of PVC that were screened. Did the server also show who was voted for by the owner of the PVC?

I think people should learn how to reason with common sense.

If I'm a judge, I'll dismiss Atiku and PDP's case for waste of time
You are simply myopic. If the card reader was used, it will show whether there was up to 900,000 persons accredited in Bornu state, same with Katsina, Kano and all those states that APC inflated the figures. Thank God you are not a judge and will never be because you are biased. Allow the courts to do their job.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Alwaystruth: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2019
It is not only illegal my dear,it is also inconclusive ..

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:

If the server is not known to the Electoral Act, why did INEC use the Smart Card Reader which MUST work with a server?

Who said a Card Reader must work with a server? Na wa o.

The whole point was that a Card Reader, once programmed with voter details such as biodata, became an independent unit complete with its own power supply infrastructure. The Card Reader did not require to connect to an external device such as a remote server to carry out its main purposes, including verification of voter biodata.

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by obailala(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2019
All these server controversy is just confusing. INEC claims they have a server but didnt use it, PDP claims they saw a result inside the INEC server which gave them a wide margin win. Abeg who we go believe? If INEC didnt do electronic transmital of results, how then did PDP hack out results from a server?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Kennymorgan1: 11:12am On Jun 18, 2019
objobj:

Block head. So that is why the whole vote all over the wards were shared between PDP and APC according to atiku servers results. No void votes. No other part was voted for. Not even the candidates of other parties voted for themselves.
Uncle no need for insults na. I just aired my view on the issue you raised. We must not abuse people to prove a point please. I guess the reason why they brought out those 2 results was because it was the only results that matters it does not mean they were the only ones on the server. I am just saying and moreover the results from the server can also be rigged.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:

It seems you don't understand the argument. The argument is that many voted without accreditation and that gave APC the upper hand to influence and allocate bogus scores to itself, particularly in the Boko Haram infested States, hence the need to confirm from server the number of accredited voters versus number that actually voted.

The server issue has become a thorn in APC's flesh therefore APC is using all available means to ensure the server is not made available to PDP.

And how will you prove any inflated figures — if any — were exclusively allotted to one party and not to any of the other parties without dabbling into conjectures?

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Bellotelli: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
Ask yourself

1. Why did 37 professors that served as returning officers travelled to Abuja to read out results of all political parties as long as the list was?

2. We're the results read on national TV signed by all party agents at ward levels and polling centres where elections were held?

3. Did people vote manually using their fingers on a paper and the papers were manually dropped in a ballot box?

4. Apart from using the machine for accreditation, did any Nigerian vote using machine or they used a hard copy paper?

5. Let's assume there's a server that records the accreditation and PVC that were used before voting, did any of the PVC show the political parties that the holder of the PVC voted for?

6. There was a server and the server showed number of PVC that were screened. Did the server also show who was voted for by the owner of the PVC?

Thank God we have reasonable people like me... A bottle of origin for you fella cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by tinsel: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2019
Racoon:

shocked grin grin cheesy Even Jega So the 2015 election Jega conducted was also fraudulent.How can people be this stupid? So why was monies allocated for servers?

Guess Nigerians can now appreciate why the Buhari presidency flatly refused to enhance our electoral process by signing the 2019 amended electoral law in a democratic process that is constant evolving?

INEC is just desperate to defend the illegality and fraudulent conduct of the 2019 presidential election.Meanwhile, why is the EFCC yet to get Prof.Mamud Yakubu arrested for collecting govt monies under false pretense?
Why do we refuse to reason. Ask INEC whether the money allocated was used or not. INEC budgeted for the money in anticipation that the electoral law will be amended to include transmitting the results via electronic means. The budget was passed before Buhari rejected the signing of the bill into law. I believe PDP planned to rig the election electronically but was disappointed the president did not sign the bill into law
Th question now is to ask INEC to explain where the money is. I believe INEC probable warehouses the money meant for server.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:24am On Jun 18, 2019
truthstands20:

You are simply myopic. If the card reader was used, it will show whether there was up to 900,000 persons accredited in Bornu state, same with Katsina, Kano and all those states that APC inflated the figures. Thank God you are not a judge and will never be because you are biased. Allow the courts to do their job.

And are you a judge yourself to already determine that only one of the parties inflated figures, if any? Why are you accusing others of what you're in fact doing?

My humble advice: You please wait for the final proclamation by the courts — just as everyone else has to.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Temple1288(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2019
Toks2008:
The beauty in all these is that we now know there is a possibility of transmitting results directly to INEC server which means there is hope for future credibility...its all about us clamouring for the use in subsequent elections as well as public display of results directly from server after declaration of results unit by unit...

We will surely get there.

Get where?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2019
konoplyanka:

card reader was also used in 2015 and nobody talked about servers. I wonder where you get your assertion from.
Because GEJ did not challenge the 2015 Presidential result.

Now that PDP has challenged the outcome of the 2019 Presidential elections, PDP has the legal right to investigate equipments and materials used in the elections to prove its stand.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Temple1288(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2019
checkedout:

Elections in Nigeria has always been a big fraud, may be with the exemption of 1993 sha.

1993 was more fraudulent!

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

And how will you prove any inflated figures were exclusively allotted to one party and not to any of the other parties without dabbling into conjectures?

P34c3

You are just speaking English. A contestant is not satisfied with the outcome of the competition and wants to examine the equipment and materials used, which he is entitled to by law. If the winner has nothing to hide, why instigating the umpire to deny access to those equipment and material to the opponent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:35am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:
Because GEJ did not challenge the 2015 Presidential result.

Now that PDP has challenged the outcome of the 2019 Presidential elections, PDP has the legal right to investigate equipments and materials used in the elections to prove its stand.

You're right — provided of course that such material existed and can be proven it exists.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

You're right — provided of course that such material existed and can be proven it exists.

P34c3
They exist of course, both in hard and soft copies.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

Who said a Card Reader must work with a server? Na wa o.

The whole point was that a Card Reader, once programmed with voter details such as biodata, became an independent unit complete with its own power supply infrastructure. The Card Reader did not require to connect to an external device such as a remote server to carry out its main purposes, including verification of voter biodata.

P34c3
It seems you have been left behind. Pls upgrade your knowledge about smart card readers and server.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Amah70: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Without electronic transmission, so according to Jega, people travelled from all over Nigeria to Abuja to submit the results of the elections from their states to Jega's INEC during the 2011 and 2015 presidential elections conducted by Jega.
Another Taqqiya from Jega.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2019
Temple1288:

1993 was more fraudulent!

I'm sorry if this [what I say here] sounds disrespectful, but I think this comment of yours simply profiles you as someone who was most probably not yet born or mature during that 1993 crisis.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:

You are just speaking English. A contestant is not satisfied with the outcome of the competition and wants to examine the equipment and materials used, which he is entitled to by law. If the winner has nothing to hide, why instigating the umpire to deny access to those equipment and material to the opponent?

Seems to me you're a master of conjectures? But I'll simply let you be. Good luck with your world view and expectations!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Temple1288(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

I'm sorry if this sounds disrespectful, but I think this comment of yours simply profiles you as someone who was most probably not yet born or mature during that 1993 crisis.

P34c3

It doesn't sound or look disrespectful! Year 1993 elections remains the most fraudulent....

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamace(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

Seems to me you're a master of conjectures? But I'll simply let you be. Good luck with your world view and expectations!

P34c3
Bye bye grin grin
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:
They exist of course, both in hard and soft copies.

That's what the courts are there to adjucate; we shall all be law abiding and wait for the final outcomes of those processes.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Amah70: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2019
What Electoral Law is cited?

POLITICAL PARTIES ENTERED THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WITH AN AGREEMENT ON RECORDED STATEMENTS FROM INEC THAT THE RESULTS SHALL BE TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY AND WITH SERVERS, AND WINNER EMERGING FROM THE PROCESS, FOR A TRANSPARENT ELECTION.

THUS, IF INEC DID NOT USE THE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION METHOD AGREED BY POLITICAL PARTIES AND INEC BEFORE THE ELECTION PROPER, THE RESULTS OF THE ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DID NOT EMERGE FROM THE METHOD THE PARTIES AGREED UPON WITH INEC BEFORE ENTERING INTO THE ELECTION.

THUS, IN THE PROCESS OF CONDUCTING THE ELECTION, INEC BREACHED THE TRUST AND AGREEMENT IT ENTERED WITH THE POLITICAL PARTIES BEFORE THE ELECTION.

THEREFORE, THE RESULTS OF THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION REMAIN NULL, VOID AND OF NO EFFECT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by sacx: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2019
From Jega's comment, I wonder the kind of laws Nigeria is running under that makes technological adaptation illegal. This country is messed up and we have 1st century ancestors at the helm of affairs.

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by IITTA50: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2019
so this man is back from self inflicted exile. The man that rigged jonathan in 2015, i think now that they need his help
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by OAUTemitayo: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:

If the server is not known to the Electoral Act, why did INEC use the Smart Card Reader which MUST work with a server?
The electoral act allows the verification of voters with card readers but ONLY allows collation of results THROUGH a physical form that must be signed by; electoral officer, the party agents and the security detail at the polling booth.

And when you want to prove electoral irregularities, you prove it by adding up the numbers on the result sheets given to your party agents and reconciling it with INEC's announced figures.

Only the manual result sheet is admissible as evidence before the tribunal, that's exactly what the electoral act said. All these server server are just unnecessary distractions from the Cameroonian.

Maybe you should ask Atiku why he finds it so difficult to use the copies of result sheets given to PDP agents at polling booths.

Atiku is a fraud, just forget about all his noise.
They know some Nigerians are gullible and will swallow it like sharwama.

Secondly, between the manual result sheets which was filled with the result of each candidate/party in the full glare of all present party agents, election observers, security agents and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the voters who waited till end of voting, and a 'supposed' server that not all corp members sent results to through the card readers in public, which one do you as a learned person, as somebody who believes in transparency want a constituted tribunal backed by law to accept as admissible evidence?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by OAUTemitayo: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amah70:
What Electoral Law is cited?

POLITICAL PARTIES ENTERED THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WITH AN AGREEMENT ON RECORDED STATEMENTS FROM INEC THAT THE RESULTS SHALL BE TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH SERVERS, AND WINNER EMERGING FROM THE PROCESS, FOR A TRANSPARENT ELECTION.

THUS, IF INEC DID NOT USE THE ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION METHOD AGREED BY POLITICAL PARTIES AND INEC BEFORE THE ELECTION PROPER, THE RESULTS OF THE ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DID NOT EMERGE FROM THE METHOD THE PARTIES AGREED UPON WITH INEC BEFORE ENTERING INTO THE ELECTION.

THUS, IN THE PROCESS OF CONDUCTING THE ELECTION, INEC BREACHED THE TRUST AND AGREEMENT IT ENTERED WITH THE POLITICAL PARTIES BEFORE THE ELECTION.

THEREFORE, THE RESULTS OF THE 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION REMAIN NULL, VOID AND OF NO EFFECT.
It is only illegal in your brain.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by duwdu: 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

The electoral act allows the verification of voters with card readers but ONLY allows collation of results THROUGH a physical form that must be signed by; electoral officer, the party agents and the security detail at the polling booth.

And when you want to prove electoral irregularities, you prove it by adding up the numbers on the result sheets given to your party agents and reconciling it with INEC's announced figures.

Only the manual result sheet is admissible as evidence before the tribunal, that's exactly what the electoral act said. All these server server are just unnecessary distractions from the Cameroonian.

Maybe you should ask Atiku why he finds it so difficult to use the copies of result sheets given to PDP agents at polling booths.

Atiku is a fraud, just forget about all his noise.
They know some Nigerians are gullible and will swallow it like sharwama.

Secondly, between the manual result sheets which was filled with the result of each candidate/party in the full glare of all present party agents, election observers, security agents and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the voters who waited till end of voting, and a 'supposed' server that not all corp members sent results to through the card readers in public, which one do you as a learned person, as somebody who believes in transparency want a constituted tribunal backed by law to accept as admissible evidence?

This is very good thinking and so well said, OAUTemitayo.

P34c3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamesharryson(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
Ask yourself

I think it's time to lend my voice to all these serve issue.
I worked as an INEC presiding officer during the just concluded elections. I am sure there is something that received the whole if the results obtained on the election day. The collation officers collate the result and use the IPAD that was given to each and everyone of them to snap the results after they have been collated by and send it out to someone whom I don't know. I remember there was a little error in my work and I rushed to the collation officer to give me the result for an amendment. He told me its not necessary that the resulted have been transmitted to a superior office who organizes the whole things. So why are they denying the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Mcreloaded(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
Ask yourself

Then what's the big deal that INEC cannot release the server for verifiation.

To end this matter once and for all the computer should be brought to court and INEC and other professionals brought by APC and PDP can come it and conclude one way or the other that the server was only used for PVC collation or what ever their excuse is.

Abi is there something the INEC is hiding.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Stella Oduah Abandons Claims Of Having Degrees, NYSC Cert, Submits SSCE / Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.