Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (35042 Views)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / INEC Must Transmit Governorship Election Results Electronically - Court / LG Polls: Lagos May Transmit Election Results Electronically – LASIEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
For those of you shouting server this, server that.
Ask yourself

1. Why did 37 professors that served as returning officers travelled to Abuja to read out results of all political parties as long as the list was?

2. We're the results read on national TV signed by all party agents at ward levels and polling centres where elections were held?

3. Did people vote manually using their fingers on a paper and the papers were manually dropped in a ballot box?

4. Apart from using the machine for accreditation, did any Nigerian vote using machine or they used a hard copy paper?

5. Let's assume there's a server that records the accreditation and PVC that were used before voting, did any of the PVC show the political parties that the holder of the PVC voted for?

6. There was a server and the server showed number of PVC that were screened. Did the server also show who was voted for by the owner of the PVC?

I think people should learn how to reason with common sense.

If I'm a judge, I'll dismiss Atiku and PDP's case for waste of time

And u also admit Buhari won the election?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Justice102: 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
duwdu:

Unfortunately, even such data cannot prove who voted for who and in what numbers, sorry.

P34c3
My dear, neutrally and apolitically speaking, the request before the Tribunal Court is to grant PDP have access to INEC server and the card readers used on 23 February, 2019.
Technical points that we need to consider and relate them to the request above are below:
1. Inec's budget for 2019 general election reflected electronic transmission of result using card readers. And this budget was sent to the Senate and to the president for approval. And it was approved.
2.The features of card readers used in 2019 general election can transmitte results electronically. And this cannot be done without a server.
3. The law does not recognise transmission of results electronically. Why was it approved in Inec's budget?
4. Does the law recognise to use SCRs? The SCRs used in 2015 general election and the ones used in 2019 general election are they the same or were there technological upgrading for those of 2019 used SCRs?
Can a SCR work without server through Human Machine Interface (HMI)?
5. Is there any correlation between granting a request to inspect INEC's server together with the SCRs used for 2019 presidential election and the legality/illegality of transmitting election results electronically?
Thanks as I await for your mature response(s)
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Jobac:
Prof Jega has spoken in support of INEC. This man knows more than all the miscreants shouting server server server all over the place and be disturbing our peace. Let me sip my coffee and laugh over their follies

Because he is a Professor or because he is a former Inec chairman ?

What does he know about server? Oooh I get it;
he is a Professor in Server Sciences.

Some comments shaaaa.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Mcreloaded(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
obailala:
All these server controversy is just confusing. INEC claims they have a server but didnt use it, PDP claims they saw a result inside the INEC server which gave them a wide margin win. Abeg who we go believe? If INEC didnt do electronic transmital of results, how then did PDP hack out results from a server?

And will heaven fall if INEC bring the poported server they have and did not use for verifiation by professionals because the way INEC is behaving I think there is note to this server issue.

bi what's the big deal to release the server not used so that this case can end once and for all and we move on to more important issues like bobrisky and Tonto dikeh

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
KOLLYPROF:
Professional had spoken

I pity you
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Justice102: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
tinsel:

Why do we refuse to reason. Ask INEC whether the money allocated was used or not. INEC budgeted for the money in anticipation that the electoral law will be amended to include transmitting the results via electronic means. The budget was passed before Buhari rejected the signing of the bill into law. I believe PDP planned to rig the election electronically but was disappointed the president did not sign the bill into law
Th question now is to ask INEC to explain where the money is. I believe INEC probable warehouses the money meant for server.
Budget and bill. Can you approve a budget that its bill into law has not been signed? FG approved INEC to do what is alleged not to be in the constitution.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
davodyguy:
They will never listen.
For those of you shouting server this, server that.
Ask yourself

1. Why did 37 professors that served as returning officers travelled to Abuja to read out results of all political parties as long as the list was?

2. We're the results read on national TV signed by all party agents at ward levels and polling centres where elections were held?

3. Did people vote manually using their fingers on a paper and the papers were manually dropped in a ballot box?

4. Apart from using the machine for accreditation, did any Nigerian vote using machine or they used a hard copy paper?

5. Let's assume there's a server that records the accreditation and PVC that were used before voting, did any of the PVC show the political parties that the holder of the PVC voted for?

6. There was a server and the server showed number of PVC that were screened. Did the server also show who was voted for by the owner of the PVC?

I think people should learn how to reason with common sense.

If I'm a judge, I'll dismiss Atiku and PDP's case for waste of time
I think you are the one that should learn how to reason with common sense in order to know that some others things attach to this server's issue reason why Inec is afraid to show it to us and the world.
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
jamace:

It seems you don't understand the argument. The argument is that many voted without accreditation and that gave APC the upper hand to influence and allocate bogus scores to itself, particularly in the Boko Haram infested States, hence the need to confirm from server the number of accredited voters versus number that actually voted.

The server issue has become a thorn in APC's flesh therefore APC is using all available means to ensure the server is not made available to PDP.

Thank you and thank God that we still have people like you who can still think upright.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jetroolowole(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
This server controversy will never end but to sum it all, I keep asking myself. .INEC has a functional website, even used to recruit polling staff for the 2019 election....so can one have a website without a server?
your question is like asking can one own a car without owning a house?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mcreloaded:

Then what's the big deal that INEC cannot release the server for verifiation.

To end this matter once and for all the computer should be brought to court and INEC and other professionals brought by APC and PDP can come it and conclude one way or the other that the server was only used for PVC collation or what ever their excuse is.

Abi is there something the INEC is hiding.

I keep thanking God for the existence of people like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Lovelive: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Justice102:

My dear, neutrally and apolitically speaking, the request before the Tribunal Court is to grant PDP have access to INEC server and the card readers used on 23 February, 2019.
Technical points that we need to consider and relate them to the request above are below:
1. Inec's budget for 2019 general election reflected electronic transmission of result using card readers. And this budget was sent to the Senate and to the president for approval. And it was approved.
2.The features of card readers used in 2019 general election can transmitte results electronically. And this cannot be done without a server.
3. The law does not recognise transmission of results electronically. Why was it approved in Inec's budget?
4. Does the law recognise to use SCRs? The SCRs used in 2015 general election and the ones used in 2019 general election are they the same or were there technological upgrading for those of 2019 used SCRs?
5. Is there any correlation between granting a request to inspect INEC's server together with the SCRs used for 2019 presidential election and the legality/illegality of transmitting election results electronically?

I keep thanking God for the existence of people like you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by obailala(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mcreloaded:

And will heaven fall if INEC bring the poported server they have and did not use for verifiation by professionals because the way INEC is behaving I think there is note to this server issue.

bi what's the big deal to release the server not used so that this case can end once and for all and we move on to more important issues like bobrisky and Tonto dikeh
But since the matter was taken to court, shouldnt the court be the ones to order INEC to surrender its equipment to a political party? Or has the court ordered INEC to do that and they refused?... Why do Nigerians like jumpung the gun and making issues where there's none?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by SVC6000: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Jobac:
Prof Jega has spoken in support of INEC. This man knows more than all the miscreants shouting server server server all over the place and be disturbing our peace. Let me sip my coffee and laugh over their follies
Monkey Wey Dey Jump Jump Pio Pio They Show Style, Nah Because Say Tree Near Tree.. Who Is The Miscreants Here?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by 9gerian: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by adanny01(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
jamesharryson:

I think it's time to lend my voice to all these serve issue.
I worked as an INEC presiding officer during the just concluded elections. I am sure there is something that received the whole if the results obtained on the election day. The collation officers collate the result and use the IPAD that was given to each and everyone of them to snap the results after they have been collated by and send it out to someone whom I don't know. I remember there was a little error in my work and I rushed to the collation officer to give me the result for an amendment. He told me its not necessary that the resulted have been transmitted to a superior office who organizes the whole things. So why are they denying the truth

Even if they did that, it is not recognizable by law and inadmissible in any court of law as the electronic voting and transmission of result is expressly prohibited by the electoral law.

Why do the collation officers travel to physically present the results. Why didn't they just send it by email, that because it is illegal to do that. They only recognize means of recording and transmission of results is the result sheet.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by jamesharryson(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
adanny01:

Even if they did that, it is not recognizable by law and inadmissible in any court of law as the electronic voting and transmission of result is expressly prohibited by the electoral law.

Why do the collation officers travel to physically present the results. Why didn't they just send it by email, that because it is illegal to do that. They only recognize means of recording and transmission of results is the result sheet.
If it is prohibited by law, why did they GI against the law by disenfranchising many eligible electorate with the card reader (electronic) crab?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by adanny01(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
jamesharryson:

If it is prohibited by law, why did they GI against the law by disenfranchising many eligible electorate with the card reader (electronic) crab?

The law didn't prohibit electronic accreditation.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Daboomb: 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
Cryomancer:
Yes it is a very illegal stuff to do... but it is not illegal to include the money for the server in the election budget...
- It is not illegal for INEC officials to collect bribe
- It is also not illegal to steal ballot boxes by police during election
- It is also not illegal for INEC staffs to be seen with election materials in their private residence before the election dates
- It is also not illegal to steal the peoples mandate
- It is also not illegal for INEC chairman to receive directives from APC either to publish results or not.
- It is also not illegal for INEC officials to thumbprint ballot papers by themselves.

Developed countries transmit results electronically just for ease of voting and fairness... But here in Nigeria, it is an illegal thing to do.

Our Leaders Have Gone Mad Again.

You are getting it twisted and mixed up. Relax and learn.

- INEC proposed to buy many ICT equipments, including SERVERS. Money was budgetted and the Servers were bought, in the hope that the President would sign into law, the amendment permitting it to transmit election results electronically
- PDP and Atiku recruited HACKERS to infiltrate the INEC Servers and manipulate results in their favor
- INEC got wind of this and refused to deploy online compilation of result
, relying on the Electoral law which is still in-force, making it an offense to transmit election results electronically. (That law is still in force, as the amendment to it was never signed into law by the President)

How is this difficult for Atiku and his Cameroonian supporters to understand?
grin grin

7 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Daboomb: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Justice102:

Most comments, like yours, which seek that INEC produce "an election result Server", are laden with too much EMOTION and devoid of "legal" basis (No pun intended).
Why do l say that?
The matter is in a Court of LAW and as such, issues have to be debated in its LEGALITY.
What do l mean?

- Do you agree that there is a subsisting LAW (Electoral Act), which forbids the transmission of results ELECTRONICALLY.

- Do you agree that there was a PROPOSED Amendment to that Law (Electoral Act) but the amendment was not signed into law? ...and therefore it is still illegal to transmit elections result electronically.

- Yes, money was approved to buy Electronic equipments (in anticipation of the President signing the amendment into law), including Servers and they were bought, the Question is: WAS the SERVER USED in the election?

- Another question is: Would it be legal if it were used in the election? Would it not invalidate (legally) the winner of the election, bearing in mind that the law PROHIBITS the trasnmission of result electronically?

- Are you aware that INEC Chair announced ON NATIONAL TV before the election that they have become aware that a particular party (PDP) has hired and commissioned HACKERS, to infiltrate into INEC Servers (hoping it it will used), to manipulate results in their favor....... and as such, INEC has stopped the 'legal and physical' pursuit of transmitting Results electronically?

- Are you aware that in legal parlance, "you cannot build something on nothing" (in layman's term) and if the LAW (Electoral Act) has PROHIBITTED something, it remains prohibitted and all actions emanating from it remains Null and Void?

-Are you aware that the law does not assist the indolent and as such, the Courts cannot help anyone (Political party or its Candidate), in any endeavor that seeks to FLOUT the LAW?
- Are you aware that asking INEC to bring out "The Server it used for transmitting Election result" is tantamount to asking INEC to break the Law (Electoral Act) in its pursuit of validating its election Complaints?
Which Court will grant such wish or even if the Court does grant such wish, INEC will simply respond that such Server does not exist as it would amount to breaking the law ......and the Court cannot compel INEC to break the law?

Your last question (#5) is what l sought to answer in detail because all the previous four are mere "historical facts" which does not affect the decision of INEC not to break the law (by deciding not to use a SERVER to transmit election results).....hence the need for the results to be announced manually/verbally by INEC returning officers.

So you see why l say that we have to separate "emotions" from the application of the law.....the law may be an ass but it is still the law.
What we "wish" to happen in this matter, is borne out of our emotions but what will happen, is borne out of the "electoral LAW"

I rest my case.

BTW: I hope we all know that by simply replacing the Hard Disk in any Server with a new one, you can completely obliterate ALL TRACE of any event that happened or Data stored on it because the data is stored on that Hard Disk. undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by nextnear(m): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Racoon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/335566-exclusive-jega-speaks-on-inec-server-controversy.html
jega should just keep quiet and enjoy his retirement jeje, what is illegal about it, or he should just admit that Nigeria is behind in development, The Americans that are more social and civilized than us are using electronic transmission of election result, so what nonsense is he talking about here, no point, Nigerian government should just stop embarrassing themselves, as if the masses are fools
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Laid2001: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
You are a lawyer of repute.
the law is an ASS.

Daboomb:

Most comments, like yours, which seek that INEC produce "an election result Server", are laden with too much EMOTION and devoid of "legal" basis (No pun intended).
Why do l say that?
The matter is in a Court of LAW and as such, issues have to be debated in its LEGALITY.
What do l mean?

- Do you agree that there is a subsisting LAW (Electoral Act), which forbids the transmission of results ELECTRONICALLY.

- Do you agree that there was a PROPOSED Amendment to that Law (Electoral Act) but the amendment was not signed into law? ...and therefore it is still illegal to transmit elections result electronically.

- Yes, money was approved to buy Electronic equipments (in anticipation of the President signing the amendment into law), including Servers and they were bought, the Question is: WAS the SERVER USED in the election?

- Another question is: Would it be legal if it were used in the election? Would it not invalidate (legally) the winner of the election, bearing in mind that the law PROHIBITS the trasnmission of result electronically?

- Are you aware that INEC Chair announced ON NATIONAL TV before the election that they have become aware that a particular party (PDP) has hired and commissioned HACKERS, to infiltrate into INEC Servers (hoping it it will used), to manipulate results in their favor....... and as such, INEC has stopped the 'legal and physical' pursuit of transmitting Results electronically?

- Are you aware that in legal parlance, "you cannot build something on nothing" (in layman's term) and if the LAW (Electoral Act) has PROHIBITTED something, it remains prohibitted and all actions emanating from it remains Null and Void?

-Are you aware that the law does not assist the indolent and as such, the Courts cannot help anyone (Political party or its Candidate), in any endeavor that seeks to FLOUT the LAW?
- Are you aware that asking INEC to bring out "The Server it used for transmitting Election result" is tantamount to asking INEC to break the Law (Electoral Act) in its pursuit of validating its election Complaints?
Which Court will grant such wish or even if the Court does grant such wish, INEC will simply respond that such Server does not exist as it would amount to breaking the law ......and the Court cannot compel INEC to break the law?

Your last question (#5) is what l sought to answer in detail because all the previous four are mere "historical facts" which does not affect the decision of INEC not to break the law (by deciding not to use a SERVER to transmit election results).....hence the need for the results to be announced manually/verbally by INEC returning officers.

So you see why l say that we have to separate "emotions" from the application of the law.....the law may be an ass but it is still the law.
What we "wish" to happen in this matter, is borne out of our emotions but what will happen, is borne out of the "electoral LAW"

I rest my case.

BTW: I hope we all know that by simply replacing the Hard Disk in any Server with a new one, you can completely obliterate ALL TRACE of any event that happened or Data stored on it because the data is stored on that Hard Disk. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by NaMeAboki: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Big blow to the Atikulators, one more nail to the coffin of their elusive dream of the presidency, seems like somebody sold Atiku an expensive dummy and he bought it

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by NonsoWow: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Atiku and peter obi know they were beaten squarely but they are just looking for every avenue to rubbish the election and taint Buhari's well deserved victory out of bitterness and frustration. This fake server result was concocted ahead of time because they thought that Buhari would sign the new electoral bill into law which would have authorized electronic transmission of results. Thank God for giving Buhari the wisdom and courage to resist the pressure to sign it. I knew the devilish PDP were desperate and would be up to something sinister, never knew they would go to this extent.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by dochenaj: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ever read people's comments and feel this tug to reply their comments only to pause and advise yourself against it, because you realize they will never want to be informed but rather wallow in stark ignorance?

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Psoul(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
If it is illegal to transmit election results electronically, why did they employ it during the 2018 staggered elections?
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=excel4us post=79442025][/quote]

Yes u and other pigs are the people. The real people have decided. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ijaya123:
End of Discussion.

Atiku and his disillusioned supporters, how market?

We are getting closer....first,we do not have a sever...then we have a server,but for experiment and now its illegal to transmit election result electronically to the "SERVER"...Why collect money for server in the budget, every organization have a server, even jumia and co, talkless of a national body, forget sentiment, these people are making Nigeria a laughing stock in the public eyes, that means we are so ancient in a 21st technology century, no server
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
etrouble:
The Cameroonian bisexual called Atikuchukwu and his Flattino followers have suffered.

We are getting closer....first,we do not have a sever...then we have a server,but for experiment and now its illegal to transmit election result electronically to the "SERVER"...Why collect money for server in the budget, every organization have a server, even jumia and co, talkless of a national body, forget sentiment, these people are making Nigeria a laughing stock in the public eyes, that means we are so ancient in a 21st technology century, no server
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by Xinzu: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
There was a country
Re: It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
correctguy0900:
Na by force to be a president self. All the stolen money since the days as customs boss never do.

Only an imbe will believe that Atiku will be a messiah. Buhari is not a choice either. But it's foolish to choose Atiku instead.

If they put the two together as oga to learn from, who would you follow, to grow as a being, let say they are the only two choices for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Urges Malians To Accept Government Of National Unity / People Queuing With Their Generators At NNPC Station, Ojota, Lagos / #osunwestdecides Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.