Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast (14169 Views)

Arms Purchase Scandal: Raymond Dokpesi Arrested-sahara Reporters / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested Over N2.1Billion Arms Purchase / Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by AloyEmeka5: 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2010
rebranded:

this is an unconfirmed report!

but IBB is written all over this incident, so wont be surprised
The question you should ask yourself is : Of what use is blasting bombs in Abuja to IBB at this point towards achieving his goal as a president. I despise him but will not follow the crowd to accuse him falsely especially when the allegation doesn't add up.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by edoyad(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
I hope IBB is arrested (even if he is innocent), tried and locked away in a maximum security prison abroad where he can be rap.ed regularly by young virile men.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by AloyEmeka5: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
tomialph:

IBB's romance with Bombs n Bombings didn't start recently,it dates back to 1986 when on October 19 of that same year he sent a letter bomb to Dele Giwa.let's get rid of all these guys holding Nigeria and Nigerians to ransome.

So? He bombed the accused for a reason but why is he doing this one lately?. Is he a bomb addict?. It's like Jonathan is using this Abuja event to bully his political detractors. Raymond Dokpesi is pro IBB and one can expect that given the millions he amassed under his government and the ones he hopes to amass if IBB becomes president again. For the records, Dokpesi has the right to support anyone he deems fit. He can support Becomerich for all I care.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
LET JONATHAN USE HIS HEAD AND WIN THE ELECTION AT THE POLLS NOT ARRESTING ALL HIS OPPONENTS, OBJ IS PUSHING GOODLUCK TO MUCH AND IT WILL DEFINITELY BACK FIRE.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
Even a ten year old can't  plan such an attack.
with his full identity involved.
Dokpesi used his personal line to communicate with the  boys involved ??
The boys now requested he schedule a meeting between them and IBB
The boys even sent him a text after the attack asking for their balance??
common !!!!!!! these are too cheap nowwww
Jonathan should come out with something more concrete.

This should serve as a warning to all Nigerians JEG is not who Nigerians think he is
he is a  devil . something like Adolf Hitler
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by shinystar(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
This is the statement from IBB's campaign organisation:

"The Director General of the IBB 2011 Presidential Campaign Organization, High Chief Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi was invited Sunday, 3rd October, 2010 by the State Security Services [SSS] to report to their headquarters by 11am Monday, 4th October, 2010. As a law-abiding citizen, he promptly complied and reported to the State Security Services headquarters by 10am this morning as directed.

“Between 11am and 5pm this evening Monday 4th October, 2010, all telephone calls placed to him were unanswered.

“The Campaign Organization dispatched a high powered delegation comprising four directors of the Campaign Organization and his personal Lawyer to enquire as to his whereabouts.

“The delegation was denied access to High Chief Dr. Raymond Dokpesi and had to return to the Campaign office at about 6.50pm. No reason has been given whatsoever by the State Security Services for his invitation, and detention, neither is his whereabouts known.

“As at the time of writing this statement [7.50pm], High Chief Raymond Dokpesi has been denied access by the SSS to his family, personal physician, lawyers, and the Campaign Organization.

“As we write, his family is worried, and deeply concerned for his safety, health and his well- being. In addition, his fundamental human rights as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are being violated. High Chief Raymond Dokpesi is a well-respected and patriotic Nigerian who has continued to contribute selflessly to the growth, development and stability of the Nigerian nation.

“The IBB 2011 CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION hereby condemns in the strongest terms the detention of its Director General and calls for his immediate release.

“We wish to draw the attention of local and international communities to the growing politics of intolerance, intimidation, coercion, persecution and harassment in spite of the avowed commitment to the rule of law by the present administration.

“We call on the security agencies of the country not to allow themselves to be used as tools to settle political scores particularly on simple intra-party contest.”
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by rebranded(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
Abuja Bomb Blast: IBB's Campaign Director, Raymond Dokpesi, Arrested…FG Threatened To Nationalize MTN Over Henry Okah

The State Security Service (SSS) today detained Raymond Dokpesi, the campaign manager of former dictator Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, over the bomb blasts that rocked Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, on Friday, October 1.

Mr. Dokpesi’s detention comes as South African authorities today charged Henry Okah, the exiled leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), with plotting the attacks that marred Nigeria’s 50th Independence anniversary.

Dokpesi’s arrest and Okah’s arraignment signify an escalation of tensions between Nigeria’s ruler, Goodluck Jonathan, and Mr. Babangida. The two events also raise questions about the nature of the information that the Jonathan administration has concerning relations between Mr. Okah and aides of the former dictator.

Last week, Mr. Jonathan had declared that MEND was not responsible for the bomb blasts, blaming them on an unnamed terrorist group.

“It seems as if the government is now implying that the blasts were a joint effort between MEND and the Babangida camp,” said a civil society activist in Abuja. He asked, “If President Jonathan believes that MEND did not execute the assaults, then why did his government pressure South Africa to arrest Okah?” He added, “If the MEND leader or some faction of MEND is now working for Babangida, then Jonathan’s campaign to emerge the PDP flag bearer would seem to be troubled.”

Saharareporters has also learned that the Nigerian government invoked all diplomatic and economic threats against South Africa in order to force the South African authorities to arrest Mr. Okah and charge him for terrorism offences relating to the death of more than 25 Nigerians in the October 1st explosions. “President Jonathan threatened to nationalize MTN if the South African government failed to pick up Henry Okah,” a senior government official in Abuja told our correspondent.

Saharareporters had broken the news about the early morning raid on Okah’s Johannesburg home last Wednesday. A source told us that the South African police did not find any incriminating evidence during their search.

Nigerian security officials now claim they have arrested nine people who are directly linked to Mr. Okah.

In a rare press release obtained by Saharareporters, the SSS claimed that Mr. Okah and several others had planned to explode car bombs in Abuja on September 29 2010, but that Nigeria’s intelligence officials had foiled the attacks by towing away two abandoned vehicles from areas near the Eagle Square venue of the Independence Day anniversary. The press release, riddled with grammatical errors, appears to have been hastily written. It does not explain how or if the security agency found any explosive devices in the towed vehicles.

The SSS merely blamed the attacks on Mr. Okah and unnamed individuals described as his sponsors.

However, a top security official told Saharareporters today that the office of the National Security Adviser claimed that they had intercepted some 400 phone calls from Mr. Okah made to several individuals including Mr. Dokpesi, the proprietor of Africa Independent Television (AIT). Also an SSS source further disclosed that they have obtained text messages between Dokpesi and some of the suspects in their custody, some of the messages were sent to Mr. Dokpesi requesting payments and some arranging meetings between the suspects and Babangida.

Mr. Dokpesi recently accepted an offer to be Babangida’s campaign director. His detention by the SSS confirms widespread speculation that the Nigerian authorities are linking the bombing to Mr. Babangida

Read More: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/abuja-bomb-blast-ibbs-campaign-director-raymond-dokpesi-arrested%E2%80%A6fg-threatened-nationalize
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by lakeside4love(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Dis govt better come out wit a concrete evidence,
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by rebranded(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
Guess the News has been confirmed now, guess if it looks like a dog its a dog

all signs point towards IBB. GEJ should get solid proof and get this guy locked up

Just heard the news again on NTA news!
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by MaiSuya(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2010
Hmmmm. . .Ominous signs of desperation coming from GEj camp.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Depilot(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
It has been confirmed, Ray Dokpesi has been picked up.
Nigerians pls be ready, it is going to be a very long ride.
This country will be turned upside down by greedy sharks. And it make be a good or bad thing.

1.The election delay is designed to slow down Babangida's momentum.
2. The 50th anniversary awards to incredible Nigerians was also a tool to disable Babangida.

3.Arresting Dokpesi @ this time may also be another strategy to negatively paint Babangida's image.

Where is my passport? I'm out of this country before it's too late.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by AloyEmeka5: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
What GEJ planted those bombs in order to sweep his detractors and lock them up?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by edoyad(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
And how are Raymond Dokpesi's rights being violated by being arrested by the SSS ?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by kettykings: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
This Cabocracy , govt of the cabals for the cabals by the cabals will fail.

JEG should learn from his predecessors , this not Zimbabwe.
OBJ wants to push this young man to his death like he did to UMYA.

JEG should carry his loot and go and enjoy and hand over to good successor to continue.

Hear OBJ " I stand where God stands in 2011 election" when the leopard strikes OBJ will deny JEG. Like he did to Abiola and UMYA
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by slap1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
It's on NTA  Network news now.  This will get more interesting.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Tugbaski: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
kettykings:

JEG should carry his loot and go and enjoy and hand over to good successor to continue.

Hear OBJ " I stand where God stands in 2011 election" when the leopard strikes OBJ will deny JEG. Like he did to Abiola and UMYA

And what exactly does OBJ have to do with this,
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by MaiSuya(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What GEJ planted those bombs in order to sweep his detractors and lock them up?

The question remains, why use something as serious as a bomb blast? (we are talikng treason here ie death sentence if convicted!)
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by kidonig: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
I just heard it from Cyril Stober on NTA,
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
kettykings:

Hahaha. As a vampire, the more people OBJ push to their untimely death, the more he lives.

My one and only prayer for them is : May confusion rain on PDP like monsoon!
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by edoyad(m): 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
Nothing will happen. Do you jokers know the powers enshrined in the office of the C in C ? A bomb explodes just two kilometers from the Grand Commander of the Niger and commander in chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria and you think heads will not roll ?
You people have not seen anything yet, just watch and see the cataclysmic shakedown the security agencies will put this country through.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
trust me they will not reach the hiltop mansion in minna, thats a fact
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
War!war!war!war!war!war!war!war!war!war!war!

I am beginning to doubt the guilt of Ibori and a lot of other false claims by this administration to eliminate opposition.Let us watch and see the spate of assasinations,violence,pipeline vandalization,kidnappings and finally the uprising and revolution.

I think Canada is my favorite destination.

Adieu
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Tugbaski: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
Abagworo:

I am beginning to doubt the guilt of Ibori and a lot of other false claims by this administration to eliminate opposition.Let us watch and see the spate of assasinations,violence,pipeline vandalization,kidnappings and finally the uprising and revolution.

Adieu

lol, countdown to Elections 2011,
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by monkeyleg: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Abagworo,

Above everything else never doubt the guilt of Ibori. That man is a big Thief, and I can confidently tell you there is no false claims against him.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by youngmonie: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2010
journey to 2011, another history in Nigeriaa, it will teach us another lesson
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Alxmyr(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
Depilot:

It has been confirmed, Ray Dokpesi has been picked up.
Nigerians pls be ready, it is going to be a very long ride.
This country will be turned upside down by greedy sharks. And it make be a good or bad thing.

1.The election delay is designed to slow down Babangida's momentum.
2. The 50th anniversary awards to incredible Nigerians was also a tool to disable Babangida.

3.Arresting Dokpesi @ this time may also be another strategy to negatively paint Babangida's image.

Where is my passport? I'm out of this country before it's too late.

Are you one of them?
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
i dont have enough funds to travel abroad at the moment so please let this not degenerate to a war, please i am begin nigerians.l the solution is that let goodluck,ibb.gusau,buhari.saraki and atiku disqualify themselves and let new and young talented people take the mantle of leadership.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by rebranded(m): 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
Either Dokpesi takes the fall (death sentence) which i doubt, or he speaks and his oga IBB gets the death sentence

IBB's last days are close, unless he runs!
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Alxmyr(m): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Abagworo:

Adieu

Your fingers are faster than your brain.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
Let the drama unfold. . .we citizens are mere pawns in the hands of these desperate politicians. . . Things are about to get ugly.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by MaiSuya(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
rather than framing IBB withthe blast, I still beleive there are better, less - how do I put it - [i]vicious [/i]ways to checkmate the IBB camp. He (GEJ) is the incubent fa cryin' out loud! HE can usurp the entire PDP machinary if he wants to ( afterall OBJ did it)

All the same 2011 is showing signs of becoming pretty messy.
Re: Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast by youngmonie: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
some ppl are taking this thing as a joke, u all r jus shouting last day or end for IBB without knowing the implications, the north willl see it as a political  gamee of which it wont go down well wiv them, nd i fear jonathan might jus end up like obama (if u know whts happning to him)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.