Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,349 members, 7,868,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? (4433 Views)

If The World Ends today Then What Happens To The Other Planets ??? / What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? / World Ends Sept.23.... Are You Afraid Of Anytin?? (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

You mean he was unable or unwilling to understand?

No, I mean he was being finicky.

pedantic
/pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
adjective: pedantic
excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
"his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"
synonyms: overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky;
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
LordReed:

No, I mean he was being finicky.

You're being finicky my Lord, jnr is dumb!

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

You're being finicky my Lord, jnr is dumb!

Yes, I am being as finicky as he was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
LordReed:

Yes, I am being as finicky as he was.
I trust you my Lord, you can not be dumb like jnr!
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

I trust you my Lord, you can not be dumb like jnr!

And I trust you know finicky is not dumb.
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
LordReed:

LMAO!
Yeah! I must be the dumbest person of all time, Lol! cheesy
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
jesusjnr:

dumb to not realise he is too dumb to be the dumbest

2 Likes

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

dumb to not realise he is too dumb to be the dumbest
Oh I forgot you existed i'm sorry it wasn't intentional to take your rightful position.

Point of correction: I'm must be the second dumbest person of all time. grin
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 21, 2019
jesusjnr:

Sorry mistake, from the definition of dumb Buda shared with us you aren't dumb (you are mouthy even in ignorance),but rather you are daft.i used the word dumb wrongly

Lordreed how about daft?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Sorry mistake, from the definition of dumb Buda shared with us you aren't dumb (you are mouthy even in ignorance),but rather you are daft.i used the word dumb wrongly

Lordreed how about daft?

LMFAO! Somehow that's even worse.
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hmmm.

You don't sound so sure.

Or is his mission dying?

Did you take note of my 'if' and 'but'?
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
OtemAtum:

Did you take note of my 'if' and 'but'?
Otem, i expect that by now you should have seen for yourself that your expression wasn't as perfect as you intended it to be.

For I know a perfect expression when I see one, but someone about yours was quite vague and not seamless.

I very well know what you intended to do, for I do that a lot here, that's why I said the other example you gave was perfect and made sense.

But perhaps it's high time we moved on from that so as not to over flog the issue and also i believe we both have bigger fishes to fry. grin
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Otem, i expect that by now you should have seen for yourself that your expression wasn't as perfect as you intended it to be.

For I know a perfect expression when I see one, but someone about yours was quite vague and not seamless.

I very well know what you intended to do, for I do that a lot here, that's why I said the other example you gave was perfect and made sense.

But perhaps it's high time we moved on from that so as not to over flog the issue and also i believe we both have bigger fishes to fry. grin

It's you who misconstrued what I was saying. You don't get my grammar, I guess. 'If' and 'but' should be two words that anyone shouldn't easily misunderstand. As you can see, many of the atheists who saw it understood clearly what I meant. Maybe grammatically you think it's not clear to you, but that isn't how it seems to everyone. So I pardon you in this, because English is not our local language. grin

Anyway, if you ask me to state my stance ten more times, I'll say the same thing over and over again. But if you demand explanation, I will make it clearer to you as I did earlier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
OtemAtum:

It's you who misconstrued what I was saying. You don't get my grammar, I guess. 'If' and 'but' should be two words that anyone shouldn't easily misunderstand. As you can see, many of the atheists who saw it understood clearly what I meant. Maybe grammatically you think it's not clear to you, but that isn't how it seems to everyone. So I pardon you in this, because English is not our local language. grin

Anyway, if you ask me to state my stance ten more times, I'll say the same thing over and over again. But if you demand explanation, I will make it clearer to you as I did earlier.

Many atheists but the inconsequential ones sorry, for the only one legit atheist in this respect said I was correct, so you lose otem! grin

Trust me, for lordreed to say I was correct, that means that i was correct. wink

But if you want to be deceived by the "many atheists" well your choice for you've chosen to be mediocre like them! Lol! grin

So you should keep your pardon, for you actually need it more than I do. cheesy
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Many atheists but the inconsequential ones sorry, for the only one legit atheist in this respect said I was correct, so you lose otem! grin

Trust me, for lordreed to say I was correct, that means that i was correct. wink

But if you want to be deceived by the "many atheists" well your choice for you've chosen to be mediocre like them! Lol! grin

No, he didn't say that you were correct. You put words into his mouth grin The first thing he said was that he things I made sense. Then you quoted him before he said something else. He didn't want to fall your hands grin He didn't also say that I was wrong, he only said that using the word 'ended' rather than 'fulfilled' would have been more appropriate. But other atheists understood what I was saying immediately, which puts me on the winning side cheesy
Anyway, I'm not trying to make a competition out of this. It's just something we do for the fun of it.

"If I die today, then I should have fulfilled my mission. If I haven't fulfilled it, then I can't die yet."

Does it make sense to you? I intentional added a 'should' maybe you'll now understand, but people should understand even without the 'should' grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2019
LordReed:

I think what he is saying makes a sort of sense. If he dies it means his mission has ended. As long as he is alive the mission is still on.

Jesusjnr, here's what LordReed said as his first response before you influenced his decision and made him alter his opinion a bit. So what would you say about this? cheesy
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:
No, he didn't say that you were correct. You put words into his mouth grin The first thing he said was that he things I made sense. Then you quoted him before he said something else. He didn't want to fall your hands grin
The bolded is seriously cracking me up! Lol! grin

Lordreed is now a baby that I am feeding with words.

You really don't know Lordreed if not you would know that if he has an opportunity to fall my hand, he would not only fall my hand but fall my entire body on the ground.

He said so the first time, only because he hadn't thoroughly examined what you said, but when he did he saw that I clearly had a point, which made him resolute in spite of all the attempts to cajole and intimidate him by the "many inconsequential atheists". grin

OtemAtum:
He didn't also say that I was wrong, he only said that using the word 'ended' rather than 'fulfilled' would have been more appropriate.

So you'd rather not use words appropriately eh?

With all the worldly knowledge you have, you should be able to use expressions and they are without any ambiguity even though complex, for if this your saying was an option compared to example you used, you would never have gone for yours over that one, for the reason you chose that one was because it was perfectly clear!

OtemAtum:
But other atheists understood what I was saying immediately, which puts me on the winning side cheesy
I just feel sorry for you, because if it's those atheists you want to follow you'd only be a mediocre, for it's not everyone that has the ability to spot errors as I can.

Moreover as I said earlier on, they are inconsequential, for remember I even called two atheists which should have given you the upper hand, but the only one that showed up said I was correct.

So even if the other one shows up and supports you the best you could get is a draw.

But for now nothing for you. Sorry! cool

OtemAtum:

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a competition out of this. It's just something we do for the fun of it.
Yeah right! Otem of all people, com'on stop consoling yourself. smiley

OtemAtum:

"If I die today, then I should have fulfilled my mission. If I haven't fulfilled it, then I can't die yet."

Does it make sense to you? I intentional added a 'should' maybe you'll now understand, but people should understand even without the 'should' grin

Now you're being a good student.

So why were you so stubborn in the first place as if you were to big to learn from jesusjnr? grin

This is what you should have done in the first place but you were so much in a hurry.

Maybe you should learn to be patient, because look at the difference it has made in your life? Lol! cheesy

You think you did it for me, but honestly tell me, if you are told to chose between this your modified expression and the first one, which would you choose?

For this your statement can be used as an example anywhere in the world as the example you used before because it is perfectly clear and makes logical sense.

But don't thank me, thank God for He's the one that has helped me to help you to produce better expressions of otem.

Now you can call the "many inconsequential atheists" to make their observations if this expression isn't better than your first?
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 1:13am On Jun 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
The bolded is seriously cracking me up! Lol! grin

Lordreed is now a baby that I am feeding with words.

You really don't know Lordreed if not you would know that if he has an opportunity to fall my hand, he would not only fall my hand but fall my entire body on the ground.

He said so the first time, only because he hadn't thoroughly examined what you said, but when he did he saw that I clearly had a point, which made him resolute in spite of all the attempts to cajole and intimidate him by the "many inconsequential atheists". grin

So you'd rather not use words appropriately eh?

With all the worldly knowledge you have, you should be able to use expressions and they are without any ambiguity even though complex, for if this your saying was an option compared to example you used, you would never have gone for yours over that one, for the reason you chose that one was because it was perfectly clear!

I just feel sorry for you, because if it's those atheists you want to follow you'd only be a mediocre, for it's not everyone that has the ability to spot errors as I can.

Moreover as I said earlier on, they are inconsequential, for remember I even called two atheists which should have given you the upper hand, but the only one that showed up said I was correct.

So even if the other one shows up and supports you the best you could get is a draw.

But for now nothing for you. Sorry! cool

Yeah right! Otem of all people, com'on stop consoling yourself. smiley

Now you're being a good student.

So why were you so stubborn in the first place as if you were to big to learn from jesusjnr? grin

This is what you should have done in the first place but you were so much in a hurry.

Maybe you should learn to be patient, because look at the difference it has made in your life? Lol! cheesy

You think you did it for me, but honestly tell me, if you are told to chose between this your modified expression and the first one, which would you choose?

For this your statement can be used as an example anywhere in the world as the example you used before because it is perfectly clear and makes logical sense.

But don't thank me, thank God for He's the one that has helped me to help you to produce better expressions of otem.

Now you can call the "many inconsequential atheists" to make their observations if this expression isn't better than your first?

Wow! You wrote so much! You're poetic and a genius. But anyway, I go with the atheists who supported my views. That's how we rock the world. "Majority carries the vote" grin

You didn't even get up to 1 vote, because Lordreed didn't even say I was totally wrong, but the other atheists said that you were. To you, they are inconsequential, to me they are not. Go for what you want while I go for mine, man no go vex grin
So now we can move on. It's fun while our argument lasted. We are not grammarians, we are all students of the English language and none of us is an authority in it. Enjoy your night bro. wink
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:

Wow! You wrote so much! You're poetic and a genius. But anyway, I go with the atheists who supported my views. That's how we rock the world. "Majority carries the vote" grin

You didn't even get up to 1 vote, because Lordreed didn't even say I was totally wrong, but the other atheists said that you were. To you, they are inconsequential, to me they are not. Go for what you want while I go for mine, man no go vex grin
So now we can move on. It's fun while our argument lasted. We are not grammarians, we are all students of the English language and none of us is an authority in it. Enjoy your night bro. wink
Nah you don't get to have the last word, not majority of illegitimate voters! grin

OK maybe I should just score an own goal so that it would be 1-1 draw, so that everyone can rest, so that's it.

So you should be happy now, it's a tie. Bye! grin
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Martinez19(m): 2:12am On Jun 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Otem you're really something else, for just to simply accept that your expression contradicts itself, you went to start translating what someone didn't send you to do.

OK I know what to do. Let me call others to come and give their opinion about what you said there.

Please johnydon22 and lordreed come and help us out here, and let us know what you think about the bolded.
What OtemAtum meant is as long as he is still alive, his mission isn't complete. When he dies, his mission is completed.

2 Likes

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 2:23am On Jun 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nah you don't get to have the last word, not majority of illegitimate voters! grin

OK maybe I should just score an own goal so that it would be 1-1 draw, so that everyone can rest, so that's it.

So you should be happy now, it's a tie. Bye! grin

Tie gini! grin I nor go gree o, I nor go gree grin
How can you prophet of 'expired soon' have a tie with me? It's 4.5 to 0.5 because you didn't even get a whole support grin We have to share LordReed's vote equally, then I have the rest of the votes. Goodnight, sweet dreams cheesy
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Martinez19(m): 2:29am On Jun 22, 2019
budaatum:

Don't take buda word for it jnr, but you are brainless already.

On Nairaland we make it our "damn business". Its why we are on a forum and not just talking to the wall.

Of course you "have the right to argue nonsense" if you chose to. And we have the right to tell you you are arguing nonsense and we choose to.

Are you just realising that buda pokes nose? I thought it was obvious I must have been assuming!

buda super aproko

It means buda don't mind buda business and pokes nose in jnr's!

You knowing buda now.

jnr, ten of you would not have the might to ignore buda not even one billion of you can ignore aproko poke jnr nose buda!

Try, though. Try really hard.
One thing I have learnt from you is the maturity to avoid resorting to insult and aggression during arguments/discussions no matter what. You simply make your point with utmost civility and leave it at that. I have now followed in your footstep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 2:31am On Jun 22, 2019
My Lordreed see yourself angry.
We are disrespecting Otem in thy name!

jesusjnr:

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 2:34am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:

Simple. Economical. Efficient. To the point.
Atum spoke!

1 Like

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 2:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Martinez19:
One thing I have learnt from you is the maturity to avoid resorting to insult and aggression during arguments/discussions no matter what. You simply make your point with utmost civility and leave it at that. I have now followed in your footstep.
You got it 19! grin grin grin That's my beans. Respect!
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by budaatum: 2:57am On Jun 22, 2019
Not always am I "mature" and "avoid resorting to insult and aggression". Here's a good representation of buda gragra and there's the 12 year old buda too, but on the whole, language, though that beans is beans thing of yours 19!

I swear to God Almighty, if jnr beans is buda beans buda will #deactivateyourmoniker this very instant!
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 6:10am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:

Jesusjnr, here's what LordReed said as his first response before you influenced his decision and made him alter his opinion a bit. So what would you say about this? cheesy

For the record jesusjnr did not influence me to anything. I agreed with his pedantic examination of your post that is all. Neither did I imply that what you said was wrong or unclear. It remains clear to those of us who are not looking to be pedantic about what you wrote.
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 6:12am On Jun 22, 2019
budaatum:
My Lordreed see yourself angry.
We are disrespecting Otem in thy name!

Are you minding jesusjnr? Na him way be dat. LMAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:

Tie gini! grin I nor go gree o, I nor go gree grin
How can you prophet of 'expired soon' have a tie with me? It's 4.5 to 0.5 because you didn't even get a whole support grin We have to share LordReed's vote equally, then I have the rest of the votes. Goodnight, sweet dreams cheesy
You're unwittingly agreeing that it's a tie, because that's the only legitimate voter, and "majority of legitimate voters carries the vote"! grin

You can find something to console your inconsequential voters for their support, for the verdict of supporting cast even they be lawyers are inconsequential for only the verdict of the tribunal matter.

So the case is hence rested!

So long otem!
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by OtemAtum: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
You're unwittingly agreeing that it's a tie, because that's the only legitimate voter, and "majority of legitimate voters carries the vote"! grin

You can find something to console your inconsequential voters for their support, for the verdict of supporting cast even they be lawyers are inconsequential for only the verdict of the tribunal matter.

So the case is hence rested!

So long otem!
Why do you call one person alone a legitimate voter? They are all legit joor. Good morning.
Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2019
budaatum:

Regarding that #deactivateyourmoniker I don't agree its firm enough my Lord. As it is, buda can deactivate buda and become buda2 then whats the point?

Do you not think #deactivateyourmoniker should mean "get the fuq off nl completely and in all forms"?

Its not as if buda can't publicly grovel before the day and still remain but buda should not be allowed to not grovel and then return as buda2 unless it is to accept the ridicule that buda would rightly deserve.

I would be delighted my Lord if you explain it to your client and seek his opinion and hopefully, agreement.

Jesusjnr what say you? Are you going to, if you deactivate your moniker, start a different account?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready? by orisa37: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jesus is our Life and He is in Control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amazing Realities Of The Heavenly Kingdom Of Jesus Christ / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / Gods Word Fulfilled Right Before Our Eyes. Halleluiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.