Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Translating 'Allah' As 'God' - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Translating 'Allah' As 'God' (14419 Views)

Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” / Maidah, 73… Allah As Only Supreme Being (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Predstan:

Yeah I accept he was a Muslim, Will ou also accept that he never prayed 5 times in a day and he offered sacrifice to his God... If that’s the truth, then it’s logical that his Islam was different from ours... Why is the Islam of adam different from ours of today.

Al istislamu li Awamiri llah(Islam is the total submission to the will of Allah) why was it different

Technically, Islam is not different. 5 times daily prayer was given to the last Prophet. Adam has his own ways of worshiping Allah as well as other Prophets. They all believed in Allah and never joined partners to Him in worship.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by NOL2dworld(m): 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Read the OP and your post....then you'll know you are dead.

I will show U 6 different btw Allah and God with Prove..

1). Quran 3:54. 7:99, 8:30 --- Allah the greatest deceiver.
Revelation 12:9 --- And the devil deceive them.

2). Quran 10:37 --- Allah is the lord of the world.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 --- Satan is the god of this world.

3). Quran 59:23 --- Name of Allah the most proud.
Isaiah 14:12-15 --- Satan was cast out of heaven because of his pride.

4). Quran 3:156, 7:158, 15:23 --- Allah the destroyer.
1 Corinthians 10:10 --- Satan is the destroyer.

5). Quran 8:12 --- I will cast terror unto the disbelievers and cut off their head and all finger tips.
Luke 6:27 --- Show love to those that hate u.

6). Quran 2:191 --- And kill them whenever you find them
Matt 5:44 --- Love your enemies, bless them that curse you..

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
OtemAtum:
God Almighty, the creator of Allah, does not have pleasure in worship, rather, it has pleasure in science, which is the only method that can explore the nature of Existence. Islam is just a personal philosophy of Allah who existed some years back, died and is being worshipped today. Go and read the Book of Universal History, there it is recorded how Allah began and how he died and hoe his philosophy was propagated by Moh Ahmad and his mates who killed thousands of people to establish this philosophy.

I said I have understand you. U really need agbo giri. Giri is worry you. Thanks you
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by OtemAtum: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

I said I have understand you. U really need agbo giri. Giri is worry you. Thanks you
Lol, I can't but laugh at your comment. grin

1 Like

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Sterope(f): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
How does it distinguish you when others also use the same terminology? Like I am out on the streets of Paris and some people keep repeating 'Allah' in their conversation, won't it be silly to assume that they are Muslims instead of an Arab?

I don't need Arabic to understand basics that God is Allah or vice versa. Perhaps, you will need more than Arabic knowledge to understand that you don't get to tell others especially natives that they shouldn't be using a word because you want it to be yours. I guess non-muslim Arabs don't understand their mother tongue too, why don't you go and explain it to them?

You haven't been convincing, the whole you don't understand Arabic is cheap but it will not fly.

Rashduct4luv:

Anyways. I am a Yoruba too and i stand on the fact that Allah is the appropriate name for the one true God worthy of worship by all Mankind and Jinn.
Oluwa/Olohun as i said can be used in discussions with beginners to clarify and expatiate things. Yorubas too have the concept of Olorun/Olohun/Oluwa/Olodumare before. And if we go in to the linguistic meaning of this translations for God we may be discussing Kufr.

But what the Muslim should use in his worship, his du‘aa’ (supplication) and all other circumstances when referring to Allah, may He be exalted and glorified, is the word “Allah” as it is, because that has become a symbol for the Muslims and something that distinguishes them, and it helps to avoid any confusion between what they mean and what others mean when they say “God”, as others may sometimes be referring to Allah, but sometimes they may be referring to something else.

Everything that you have mentioned above applies to one who does not have a good knowledge of Arabic; as for the one who has a good knowledge of Arabic, it is permissible for him to use the translated words in order to explain Islam and help others to understand it. But when offering du‘aa’ or swearing oaths, he has to avoid doing that with words other than the known Arabic words for the divine names and attributes, as they are confirmed in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Predstan: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Technically, Islam is not different. 5 times daily prayer was given to the last Prophet. Adam has his own ways of worshiping Allah as well as other Prophets. They all believed in Allah and never joined partners to Him in worship.

That means if I worship the way he(Adam) did by only showing compassion to the beings around me, I have practiced Islam. Meaning if I seek to see Allah like Musa and Abraham did, I’m still on the right path ... So this is the real explanation of an atheist. They seek to see Allah by the way of Adam, Abraham and many other prophets. Your holy book recorded that they saw Allah. As I seek to see Him let him show himself. I can’t be brainwashed to know him.

Walahu Ahlam. If this statement is true as believed, let him show himself to atheists. I will not want to worship a partial God who made some people Christians by being born into a Christian family and some Muslims by being born a Muslim and you are here claiming only Muslim will be going to ur envisaged Paradise.

He was even the one who instructed atheist to seek this knowledge even if it takes them to China which is believed to be a Pagan country(No faith country)
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Sterope:

Allah is not originally an Arabia diety.
Ok, who does the arab pagans worship during the pre-islamic era?

Nice story though. I don't care for other stories you have.
Because it exposes your view.

You don't belong here.
Are you the one to tell me where I belong?
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

you are almost correct. El is a title, it can be ascribed to angels as well as God, it is not a name. Jehova is a title to, means Lord.

the God of israel is definitely not the Canaanite gods.

the Canaanite gods were worshipped through sexual perversions, immorality and burning of babies. if Israel's God and Canaanites god are the same, israel wouldn't have spelt out fornication and murder as sins...get it? good.

the name of God is Jesus
So the Israelites God is not a murderer and Immoral?
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
Empiree:
the problem with atheist is that they don't know right from wrong, good from bad, righteousness and evil etc.
Ok, let do a test in your claim here.

Is killing apostate a right thing?

Is Allah destroying a whole community even children because of their Homosexuality a right thing to do?

What else would you say when you believe SFM(Spaghetti Flying Monster) is your god. You posted trash so for cheap popularity but deep down you know you are deceiving yourself.

FSM is greater than Allah!
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Broda Taiwo, (Please don't use your atheist brain)

Who created Adam and all humans?

Options A. Allah B. Yahweh C. Elohim D. God/Olohun E. All of the above
Allah is a rip-off/plagimarism of Yahweh, Yahweh is the creator of Adam.

Olorun didn't create Adam, there's no person of Adam in Olorun mythology.

1 Like

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Sterope(f): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
I don't care? ? ? ?
tintingz:
Ok, who does the arab pagans worship during the pre-islamic era?

Because it exposes your view.

Are you the one to tell me where I belong?
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Sterope:

I don't care? ? ? ?
Ok.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by ArchAngelos999: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
tintingz:
So the Israelites God is not a murderer and Immoral?

at all, the 10 commandments differentiated israel from the whole world, Canaanites especially
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by ArchAngelos999: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

From above you said Ismail and his mother mixed with Hebrew with what tribe?

And what about the thought that the word Allah is derived by contraction from al-ilāh which means "the God".
Anyways. No point arguing Allah is the one true creator of everything. He is without son, partner or helper.

I can't say what tribe they mixed with but there's no argument that they did.

good, al-ilah means the God, just like el-oah(ilah sounds like eloah).

God doesn't have partners nor helper. He showed all the prophets that he was coming in the likeness of a man, Jesus. All the scriptures testify of Jesus. He's not a partner of God, He is God in human flesh that came to save mankind. that's why the ignorant Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He was telling them He is God
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

at all, the 10 commandments differentiated israel from the whole world, Canaanites especially
Dude the atrocities in the old testament Bible alone is barbaric.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by ArchAngelos999: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
tintingz:
Dude the atrocities in the old testament Bible alone is barbaric.

Moses and angels collaborated. God have angels charge over tribes to sort of rule over, israel has their angels to.

the Bible says we believers will judge angels. some of them committed serious atrocities

1 Corinthians 6:3
[3]Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

to know the character of God wet don't look at prophets of old, we look at Jesus, He is the visible description of God. imagine trying to know God from the character of men of God in today's world, you wee lost

Hebrews 1:3
[3]Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

Moses and angels collaborated. God have angels charge over tribes to sort of rule over, israel has their angels to.

the Bible says we believers will judge angels. some of them committed serious atrocities

1 Corinthians 6:3
[3]Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

to know the character of God wet don't look at prophets of old, we look at Jesus, He is the visible description of God. imagine trying to know God from the character of men of God in today's world, you wee lost

Hebrews 1:3
[3]Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Oga, Yahweh was the one commanding Moses and the Israelites to commit the atrocities. Read the book of Deuteronomy, Exodus etc.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by ArchAngelos999: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
tintingz:
Oga, Yahweh was the one commanding Moses and the Israelites to commit the atrocities. Read the book of Deuteronomy, Exodus etc.

it's not everything the old testament writers saw that they understood. look at this:

2 Samuel 24:1
[1]And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21:1
[1]And satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

the same event, one writer said God, the other said satan. Christ brings clarity to the understanding of God. therefore James wrote this:

James 1:13
[13]Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

it's not everything the old testament writers saw that they understood. look at this:

2 Samuel 24:1
[1]And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21:1
[1]And satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

the same event, one writer said God, the other said satan. Christ brings clarity to the understanding of God. therefore James wrote this:

James 1:13
[13]Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
You're off-point.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by ArchAngelos999: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
tintingz:
You're off-point.
you're ignoring clear reasoning
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by aadoiza: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
This thread exemplifies the level of intolerance shown towards Muslims. A Muslim opened a thread for fellow Muslims but it got hijacked by intolerant Christians, bitter atheists, and a confused idol worshiper.

1 Like

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Afospecialk: 2:17am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:
One person or seven people did not defeat millions of people. It was a movement beginning from Moh Ahmad, then gradually, he began to have supporters. Then like groups of terrorists, they continued to kill people anyhow. They killed the Zoroastrians and the polytheists the most. They had more and more followers, the Kharijites, the Shiites, the Sunnis etc arose from these terrorist sects. They continued to kill and kill till these days. The BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY recorded it all and I will have a thread dedicated for this purpose because here cannot contain everything about how Islam started and expanded. I will mention you once I open the thread. Thanks.

And thats how they continue to kill till the billions population started to believe in the killings and there were no other terrorists in the universe that can conquer them till today and all the countries across the world that practices Islam see the beauty of the killings and accepted Allah as the superior god of killings ?

And Satan that you are following couldn't prepare his own terrorist just to defeat the Mohammed movement ?

And Mohamed started to hav supporters all around the world just for killing ?

Dont yu think you need deliverance from the spirit that is leading yu to hell fire just like Pharaoh was misled by same spirit ?

Go and read about king Pharaoh of Egypt, his believe about Allah and how Allah handled him

No matter how terrible the spirit in yu its certain yu cant match Pharaoh your master who also claimed that there is no Allah
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by OtemAtum: 2:46am On Jun 22, 2019
Afospecialk:

And thats how they continue to kill till the billions population started to believe in the killings and there were no other terrorists in the universe that can conquer them till today and all the countries across the world that practices Islam see the beauty of the killings and accepted Allah as the superior god of killings ?

And Satan that you are following couldn't prepare his own terrorist just to defeat the Mohammed movement ?

And Mohamed started to hav supporters all around the world just for killing ?

Dont yu think you need deliverance from the spirit that is leading yu to hell fire just like Pharaoh was misled by same spirit ?

Go and read about king Pharaoh of Egypt, his believe about Allah and how Allah handled him

No matter how terrible the spirit in yu its certain yu cant match Pharaoh your master who also claimed that there is no Allah
The world has evolved in their brains beyond killing and Bloodshedding, only Islam hasn't grown beyond that, because killing was in their foundation.

Did you just say that I don't believe that there is Allah? Pls I never and I will never say such. I have seen Allah several times as he lay helpless in his spiritual cage, so why will I say that he doesn't exist?
Allah will remain caged for 997 years more, having completed about three years out of 1000 years he was to spend in his spiritual cage.
Go and read the Book of Universal History and you'll see my position concerning Allah. Peace.

Dibnim 2: 10

10. There is no god in the universe who has been robed with a great glory as me, therefore Allah, Yahweh, Moloch, El, Enlil and their likes cannot withstand me in strength.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Afospecialk: 3:01am On Jun 22, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

God doesn't have partners nor helper. He showed all the prophets that he was coming in the likeness of a man, Jesus. All the scriptures testify of Jesus. He's not a partner of God, He is God in human flesh that came to save mankind. that's why the ignorant Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, because He was telling them He is God

Imagine someone who is trying to teach Muslim who Allah is doesn't even hav clear understanding of his religion

Jesus is God in human fletch ?
And not son of God again ?
And he preaches that you can only get to his father through him ?
The message should be that you can only get to him through him why to his father if he is the God ?

Why do Jesus had to fast and pray if he is the God ?

I was in service when 2 pastors started argument during a fellowship in my PPA as one pastor was preaching that pupila ahould close there eyes for prayer nd the other step forward to correct him that they should open their eyes while saying the prayer nd it degerate to serious confusion during the fellowship
How do you get it so confusing that even pastors couldn't stand on one doctrine but ur consine is about who Muslim calls Allah

In Islam all Muslims are worshiping in the same way
Islam is practice the same way all across the world
Only on Quran for all Muslim and no old or new testament bcs its perfect from beginning to the end

In Islam you dont create an image of Muhammed or Allah and hang or paste it in Mosque as Christians do hav different images or photos of different Jesus in their churches

In Islam there will never be any strange God just as some pastors hav started selling tickets to heaven, commanding their followers to eat grass, worshiping in naked nd bold enough to create church of Satan and Christians turn blind eyes to all these but prefer to brainwash Muslims that Allah is deity

Go and preach to church of satan, those who worship in naked, those who eat grass in church, those who worship different image of white people as Jesus in their church

Desist from teaching Muslims against our believe and focus on ur religion
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Afospecialk: 3:07am On Jun 22, 2019
OtemAtum:
The world has evolved in their brains beyond killing and Bloodshedding, only Islam hasn't grown beyond that, because killing was in their foundation.

Did you just say that I don't believe that there is Allah? Pls I never and I will never say such. I have seen Allah several times as he lay helpless in his spiritual cage, so why will I say that he doesn't exist?
Allah will remain caged for 997 years more, having completed about three years out of 1000 years he was to spend in his spiritual cage.
Go and read the Book of Universal History and you'll see my position concerning Allah. Peace.

Dibnim 2: 10

10. There is no god in the universe who has been robed with a great glory as me, therefore Allah, Yahweh, Moloch, El, Enlil and their likes cannot withstand me in strength.

Why ur god was robed with a great glory ?
And what's ur god relationship with Pharaoh ?
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by OtemAtum: 4:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Afospecialk:

Why ur god was robed with a great glory ?
And what's ur god relationship with Pharaoh ?
I Otem am the one robed with the great glory. I was sent to the world by all the gods of science. Isn't that a great GLORY in itself?
I don't have any relationship with Pharaoh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:55am On Jun 22, 2019
tintingz:
Allah is a rip-off/plagimarism of Yahweh, Yahweh is the creator of Adam.

Olorun didn't create Adam, there's no person of Adam in Olorun mythology.

How did you ever pass your exams? Ask a question then you divert to another thing entirely!

Anyways. There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad and Jesus are His slaves and messengers.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

How did you ever pass your exams? Ask a question then you divert to another thing entirely!

Anyways. There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad and Jesus are His slaves and messengers.

I have answered you.

Yahweh/El is the creator of Adam, this is written in the Jewish original mythology, there are no records of Allah creating Adam until when Muhammad came with his plagiarism. There's nothing like Adam in the yoruba religion mythology.

Anyways, there's no deity worthy of worship except FSM and Meat balls and Noodles with Spices are his slaves and messengers. RA'men.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

I think what you meant is that your God became man. He entered in to the womb of one his creation and then passed through the birth canal of his creation. He then became a baby crying "wen, wen wen". He sucked breast, shit, laughed like any other baby. Your God's parents were afraid the evil king will harm your God hence they fled because your God was still a baby. Even your God was circumcised and a dove was killed in what looked like a naming ceremony.

Your God was baptised by John. And then another voice came from heaven saying " this is my beloved son...."

And your acclaimed God said he was sent by a father many times in the Bible.

I will never worship a man born of a woman! Far from all this is the one and true God Allah! The creator , cherisher and sustainer of the whole universe.

1 Like

Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by tintingz(m): 8:09am On Jun 22, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

you're ignoring clear reasoning
No, you're sugar-coating.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2019
Predstan:

That means if I worship the way he(Adam) did by only showing compassion to the beings around me, I have practiced Islam. Meaning if I seek to see Allah like Musa and Abraham did, I’m still on the right path ... So this is the real explanation of an atheist. They seek to see Allah by the way of Adam, Abraham and many other prophets. Your holy book recorded that they saw Allah. As I seek to see Him let him show himself. I can’t be brainwashed to know him.

Walahu Ahlam. If this statement is true as believed, let him show himself to atheists. I will not want to worship a partial God who made some people Christians by being born into a Christian family and some Muslims by being born a Muslim and you are here claiming only Muslim will be going to ur envisaged Paradise.

He was even the one who instructed atheist to seek this knowledge even if it takes them to China which is believed to be a Pagan country(No faith country)

Every nation has a messenger sent to it. Adam was sent to his family. Muhammad was sent to all mankind from the time he existed till the end of time.

Seeking knowledge to China is not a word from the Qur'an nor from the authentic tradition of the Prophet. No, eye can see Allah here in this world.
Re: Translating 'Allah' As 'God' by Predstan: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Every nation has a messenger sent to it. Adam was sent to his family. Muhammad was sent to all mankind from the time he existed till the end of time.

Seeking knowledge to China is not a word from the Qur'an nor from the authentic tradition of the Prophet. No, eye can see Allah here in this world.

Seeing Allah is not about seeing with the naked eye but according to the doctrine, Adam and Moses heard the Voice of Allah.

Seeking knowledge even of it takes u to China is from the prophet and according to the Quran. The prophet does not teach anything other than what he is instructed. U still shying away from my main point...

If Allah wants everyone to be a Muslim (an Yakulallahu kunfayakum) he will only say it and doesn’t need risalahs like you. He doesn’t need any material to do that... But he made some people, Christians and some others, Buddhist. And here ur claim is that they will go to hell. Oh boy that is a prefential and jaundiced ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail / Muslim Inspired Fashion In China / Stop Spreading This Alleged Hadeeth On The Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.