Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage (24110 Views)

Court Dissolves 14-year Marriage Over Childlessness / Court Dissolves 10-Year Marriage Over Wife's Stealing Habit, Adultery / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by themoneybag: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
wetin we no go see for the internet self

ARE YOU IN ABUJA?? CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by Hedonisst: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lots of kids dey here. If you understand life and its vicissitudes and complications, you'd never rush to brand another man 'lazy' just because he is broke.

Then again, truth is, using that narrow definition, most salary earning Nigerians are lazy as Bleep. If you know you work somewhere for a monthly salary, ask yourself: If I am sacked today and can't find a job, how will I survive? What will I do? I tell you, at least 90% of employees in Nigeria can't answer this question confidently. Most would claim, eh oh, I will do business. Lol. Jokers. Give them N10m to do business and they will squander it on nonsense and blame witches and wizards. Cos they are not hustlers by nature. They prefer the 'lazy' comfort of monthly salary, and later they will form hardworking. Besides, most of them can't even say they got the job on merit. It's often through one padi padi, man know man, nepotism arrangement, even with forged certificates for that matter..

If you know you're a salary earner, abeg no put your mouth for this man matter at all. You're as "lazy" as he is; even worse than him, only that you're luckier than him for now.

May the real self-employed entrepreneurs/hustlers please stand up.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by cococandy(f): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
Women who are housewives work at home.
It’s not the same as jobless a man.
These comments show that many of you are ignorant about what it takes to be a house wife.
It’s not the same as a jobless man. A jobless man who is truly a house husband will qualify in the Nigerian setting to be described as a man who is being controlled with juju because you people can’t fathom a man doing ‘a woman’s’ job. If he does, he will be the lowest of men in your opinion.

That’s why a Nigerian house husband is rarely an asset. Just a liability sitting there waiting for everything to be handed to him. Not even simple house chores will be done by him because that will mean the woman has turned him into a servant because she makes the money. The poor woman ends up doing everything by herself. That’s what y’all consider to be fair. Smh

PHIPEX:
Laziness is a sin but not enough to nolify a marriage. Was he lazy when they wedded, if yes she has no excuse to complain.
If No, then she is too impatient. Many women have been housing wives for decades and no one hears of it she could have simply stopped feeding him, better than divorce..

8 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
EVILFOREST:
GUYS BEWARE.
Never Marry out of pity.

When a LADY is JOBLESS in marriage, it’s no News..
The MOMENT the same MAN that MARRIED that Lady with his hard earned wealth goes JOBLESS while his Wife is still employed, all Hell is let loose immediately.

Just 3MONTHS into supporting her FAMILY she starts NAGGING...!!
She starts seeing FAULTS in everything her HUSBAND does

When a lady is jobless, at least she will cook, clean, take care of the house and kids.

But when a man is jobless, the woman will work and still come home to cook and clean, etc. Because the man will still be proving head of house and any little thing will bruise his ego. He won't try to help with chores

So, it's not the same thing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by Hedonisst: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Then again you people shouldn't emphasise the "houseness" matter too much. It's simply a matter of being broke. No be until you get office, shop, or workshop before you fit chop.

Trust me, many of the richest young husbands in Lagos are "house husbands". Men who relax on their couch/bed/backyard and pull in millions of USD annually, while madam and the kids laze around, junket around, lounging all year. Don't ask me how. We live in the age of globalisation, telecommunication and the Internet. It doesn't get any better. It's not a must to "go out" before you can make money. If you know, you know. Use your imagination.

So yes, the issue is being broke, not being a house man.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by revolt(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
cococandy:
While he’s being a house husband, is he making sure he’s meeting the needs of his wife like she would be meeting his if he was providing?

Does he cook and serve her, wash her clothes, take care of the children and all what not so that she can have time to provide for the family?

If it was the other way round, people would understand that the wife will be playing her part in contributing to the home front. It’s highly unlikely that he was in this case.
there are lots of house husband that do domestic chores....for women that is NEVER enough. She didnt complain about that as far as the wrote up is concerned she wanted him to work.
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by bush112(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
BlackfireX:
My own concern is the statue of ythe lady that holds the scale on one hand, and the sword on the other hand, while she is blindfolded....

In other climes she is always beautiful, but here in Nigeria she looks like shigidi \ arusi apiri api.

Shithole
lol
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by cococandy(f): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
Which brings us to the other side of the equation and this concerns both male and female

Anyone who wants to be a house spouse should only do so at the agreement of their partner.
A woman or a man can’t just decide they won’t work if their partner doesn’t agree with that.

A woman or a man who makes that decision on their own when their spouse hasn’t agreed to be the sole breadwinner is setting the marriage up for failure.

He has to work if that’s what she wants and if he knew that before marrying her. I won’t have respect for a woman who decides to be a house wife when she knowingly marries a man who wants a working wife. Why should his case be different?
revolt:
there are lots of house husband that do domestic chores....for women that is NEVER enough. She didnt complain about that as far as the wrote up is concerned she wanted him to work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hedonisst:
Then again you people shouldn't emphasise the "houseness" matter too much. It's simply a matter of being broke. No be until you get office, shop, or workshop before you fit chop.

Trust me, many of the richest young husbands in Lagos are "house husbands". Men who relax on their couch/bed/backyard and pull in millions of USD annually, while madam and the kids laze around, junket around, lounging all year. Don't ask me how. We live in the age of globalisation, telecommunication and the Internet. It doesn't get any better. It's not a must to "go out" before you can make money. If you know, you know. Use your imagination.

So yes, the issue is being broke, not being a house man.

Do you know what a housewife/husband is?

Someone working from home is different from a house spouse.

A housewife cooks, clean, takes care of the kids, does all the school and market runs etc.

If a house husband can do all that, we have a discussion.

If not, let him get his lazy bum up and get to work.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
bukatyne:

Do you know what a housewife/husband is?

Someone working from home is different from a house spouse.

A housewife cooks, clean, takes care of the kids, does all the school and market runs etc.

If a house husband can do all that, we have a discussion.

If not, let him get his lazy bum up and get to work.
Bukatyne, even in the true definition of a house husband, Nigerian women, in fact NO Nigerian woman would want one for herself.

Let's keep it 100.
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Bukatyne, even in the true definition of a house husband, Nigerian women, in fact NO Nigerian woman would want one for herself.

Let's keep it 100.

Let the men who elect to be house husbands do what is expected of them first before we even determine if the wives would like it or not.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Well to those saying men are bound to be the bread winners of the family. Hope you have seen how it feels to be a bread winner of the family. All those feminist running their bloody fvcking mouth wawawaa should learn to appreciate what ever a man chooses to offer or better still be the bread winner let the man be a househusband. No be only una sabi be housewife.

Hehehe I'm glad it's the other way round so let them deal with it lwkmd...
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
bukatyne:

Let the men who elect to be house husbands do what is expected of them first before we even determine if the wives would like it or not.
Iz like you didn't read the previous comment properly. I'm telling you that NO Nigerian woman will like it to have a househusband who even does everything that is expected of him. cheesy

You people are not built like that, it's against your very nature and essence. Don't kid yourself oo. cheesycheesy
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Iz like you didn't read the previous comment properly. I'm telling you that NO Nigerian woman will like it to have a househusband who even does everything that is expected of him. cheesy

You people are not built like that, it's against your very nature and essence. Don't kid yourself oo. cheesycheesy

I understood the previous comment well.

Do Nigerian women have a different essence and nature?

I can only speak for myself.

Would I like/want a permanent househusband even if he does all expected of him?

Nope.

I feel living for chores, caring for the home etc. is a waste and respect people's choices to do so.

However, if we have a plan say 'hubby takes a break for a year or two while I push in my studies or career so I can get to a work from hone/whatever stage', it is a different conversation. And he will be building himself up while at home. Ditto me.

I am not in the position to however speak for every Nigerian woman.
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
bukatyne:

I understood the previous comment well.

Do Nigerian women have a different essence and nature?
Not biologically, but in worldview.
Yes, every person has an essence and nature that is a product of their environment and upbringing.

I can only speak for myself.

Would I like/want a permanent househusband even if he does all expected of him?

Nope.
Thanks for your honesty.

Now I am telling you that NO other Nigerian woman will say yes. If you want to start the survey, you can start it here on Nairaland. grin

I feel living for chores, caring for the home etc. is a waste and respect people's choices to do so.

However, if we have a plan say 'hubby takes a break for a year or two while I push in my studies or career so I can get to a work from hone/whatever stage', it is a different conversation. And he will be building himself up while at home. Ditto me.

I am not in the position to however speak for every Nigerian woman.

No need for all this after your answer. grin
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
donziggyman:
Well to those saying men are bound to be the bread winners of the family. Hope you have seen how it feels to be a bread winner of the family. All those feminist running their bloody fvcking mouth wawawaa should learn to appreciate what ever a man chooses to offer or better still be the bread winner let the man be a househusband. No be only una sabi be housewife.

Hehehe I'm glad it's the other way round so let them deal with it lwkmd...

It's not the same thing o bros. A housewife is more useful than a househusband in Nigeria. The HH will still expect the working wife to come from work and go to the market, cook, clean, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by revolt(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
cococandy:
Which brings us to the other side of the equation and this concerns both male and female

Anyone who wants to be a house spouse should only do so at the agreement of their partner.
A woman or a man can’t just decide they won’t work if their partner doesn’t agree with that.

A woman or a man who makes that decision on their own when their spouse hasn’t agreed to be the sole breadwinner is setting the marriage up for failure.

He has to work if that’s what she wants and if he knew that before marrying her. I won’t have respect for a woman who decides to be a house wife when she knowingly marries a man who wants a working wife. Why should his case be different?
the irony is I'm pretty sure this woman dragged this man into marriage..... probably begged him and he finally sucumbed... I'm almost crrtain.
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

It's not the same thing o bros. A housewife is more useful than a househusband in Nigeria. The HH will still expect the working wife to come from work and go to the market, cook, clean, etc.
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color]You're on your own on that. I don talk my own finish!
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
undecided it’s not a complete scenario if you don’t find something to blame her for is it?

Since you’re so sure he was forced into the marriage (having no freewill or decision-making ability of his own)
revolt:
the irony is I'm pretty sure this woman dragged this man into marriage..... probably begged him and he finally sucumbed... I'm almost crrtain.

4 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
revolt:

Why are some of you guys so quick to look for something to blame a woman for. She forced him to marry her. Next you will say she made him lazy... she made him lose or quit his job.

Men are now puppets that women control with sticks.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 20, 2019
cococandy:
Women who are housewives work at home.
It’s not the same as jobless a man.
These comments show that many of you are ignorant about what it takes to be a house wife.
It’s not the same as a jobless man. A jobless man who is truly a house husband will qualify in the Nigerian setting to be described as a man who is being controlled with juju because you people can’t fathom a man doing ‘a woman’s’ job. If he does, he will be the lowest of men in your opinion.

That’s why a Nigerian house husband is rarely an asset. Just a liability sitting there waiting for everything to be handed to him. Not even simple house chores will be done by him because that will mean the woman has turned him into a servant because she makes the money. The poor woman ends up doing everything by herself. That’s what y’all consider to be fair. Smh

Baby oya lemme comman become your house husband na! grin grin grin
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:25am On Jun 20, 2019
If you see a woman that is rich and is okay having a househusband you will call her a feminist, and tag her many other bad names. In this era where we have millionaire single ladies, and househelps are scarce, such women would be okay having a househusband. But the society will say she bewitched him.
crackhaus:

4 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by revolt(m): 5:27am On Jun 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

Why are some of you guys so quick to look for something to blame a woman for. She forced him to marry her. Next you will say she made him lazy... she made him lose or quit his job.

Men are now puppets that women control with sticks.
most men are dragged into marriage because the girl starts bothering him. To mke her happy he just ties the nuts. Isnt it glaring tht wedding day is usually her happiest day. Abeg face reality .
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by revolt(m): 5:30am On Jun 20, 2019
cococandy:
undecided it’s not a complete scenario of you don’t find something to blame her for is it?

Since you’re so sure he was forced into the marriage (having no freewill or decision-making ability of his own)
nobody is blaming her ..she probably has found another man or explain y she has to divorce her husband because hes lady as she claims. We hvnt even heard his own side of the story
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by revolt(m): 5:32am On Jun 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

why are you ppl so quick to put down a man....what if hes actually doing those chores but his luck hasn't come thru....lol.....see how your stereotypes sound.
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
[s]If you see a woman that is rich and is okay having a househusband you will call her a feminist, and tag her many other bad names. In this era where we have millionaire single ladies, and househelps are scarce, such women would be okay having a househusband. But the society will say she bewitched him.[/s]
Like I noted to Bukatyne, start a survey from NL and don't kid yourself.

Will YOU want a househusband?

No be only millionaire single ladies. Millionaire single ladies that are also looking for multi-millionaire and Billionaire husbands. You people just like to type make-believe and convince yourselves it's true.

The question again is,
Will YOU want a househusband, yes or no?
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
revolt:
most men are dragged into marriage because the girl starts bothering him. To mke her happy he just ties the nuts. Isnt it glaring tht wedding day is usually her happiest day. Abeg face reality .

Oh! But you can put down women and stereotype them.

A very wrong assumption that you will clarify by yourself when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2019
revolt:
why are you ppl so quick to put down a man....what if hes actually doing those chores but his luck hasn't come thru....lol.....see how your stereotypes sound.

It is not a put down. Did you even read the comment i responded to? I bet you saw nothing wrong there because he was putting down women and not men.

How many men will take up chores at home when they are out of work and their wives are working? A housewife won't let her husband worry about house issues while he works and brings in money.

That's my point...not intended to put down any sex
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2019
I'd rather have my hubby take care of my kids, if the family has enough resources, because I don't trust househelps. He can do some house work if that wouldn't destroy his ego. But people like you the male folk, (with their African ego) will condemn me, the Nigerian society will say such a wife has bewitched him, so that's why women wount allow it even if they are rich. So you now accept that millionaire single ladies are also in need of millionaire men? If I see you in another thread, you will say another thing, you will say that she is an old newspaper and can't get any class of guy. Nigerian men, nawa o!
crackhaus:

Like I noted to Bukatyne, start a survey from NL and don't kid yourself.

Will YOU want a househusband?

No be only millionaire single ladies. Millionaire single ladies that are also looking for multi-millionaire and Billionaire husbands. You people just like to type make-believe and convince yourselves it's true.

The question again is,
Will YOU want a househusband, yes or no?
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I'd rather have my hubby take care of my kids, if the family has enough resources, because I don't trust househelps. He can do some house work if that wouldn't destroy his ego. But people like you the male folk, (with their African ego) will condemn me, the Nigerian society will say such a wife has bewitched him, so that's why women wount allow it even if they are rich. So you now accept that millionaire single ladies are also in need of millionaire men? If I see you in another thread, you will say another thing, you will say that she is an old newspaper and can't get any class of guy. Nigerian men, nawa o!
Okay so will you want a househusband, yes or no? undecided
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:10am On Jun 20, 2019
I don't need to answer your question twice.
crackhaus:

Okay so will you want a househusband, yes or no? undecided
Re: Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage by crackhaus: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I don't need to answer your question twice.
Do you even understand what a survey is?

When you're given a survey to fill out, the options are distinctively a 'YES' or 'NO'. In some cases, 'MAYBE' is put in depending on the kind of question.
There is no room for explanations and ifs or whatnots.

Bukatyné above responded with a 'NOPE'.
Follow suit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary With Amazing Dance Steps (Pix, Video) / What Do I Do About My Mother / My Wife Hates My Daughter From My First Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.