Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216656 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wolfenstein(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2021
Alfred74:

Alaye will you keep quiet,you sold a faulty lappy.
Swap or refund,Se ogun laye ni?
No defense nothing, no come here come quote nonsense. When you won collect money, your oga no dey involved, time to sort issues,your imaginary oga fly enter movie scene. Pay your gbese.
When u don't listen or pay attention then u tend to become foolish. Ask the buyer in question if the laptop ain't working, I told him the d dedicated gpu ain't working but the Intel is working. It's cos orion software doesn't work that's y all this is happening. So next time b4 u talk think
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joeysage(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
wolfenstein:

At this highlighted, please don't misquote what I said. I read to you from dells forum that it says dt particular laptop has dedicated graphics issues and not issues running software programs
Was it not you that read to me the issues the system had, was it not the same you that night that told me to tell client to disable GPU, well that was done to no avail. Okay fine, let's uninstall the GPU that one was a whole other issue on it's own. Laptop went dead and couldn't display anymore. Until a CMOS reset had to be done.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2021
@wolfestein did you in any way pre-inform him of any fault or whats so ever before he paid for it?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joeysage(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:
@wolfestein did you in any way pre-inform him of any fault or whats so ever before he paid for it?
Ad says GPU not installing. That's the only issue the system supposedly has. That I was fully aware of before paying. Now the GPU is messing with the operations of the system and not allowing 3d softwares to operate even when it's disabled, uninstalling it does not work was that makes the system unstable and unusable.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2021
Joeysage:
Ad says GPU not installing. That's the only issue the system supposedly has. That I was fully aware of before paying. Now the GPU is messing with the operations of the system and not allowing 3d softwares to operate even when it's disabled, uninstalling it does not work was that makes the system unstable and unusable.
hmmmm...let’s wait for oga them to speak.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 5:26pm On May 18, 2021
Wolfstein.

Kindly refund this man. We all know how this thing works except you want to be be difficult. It’s barely a week. Laptop isn’t working as expected.

Just refund and save us all the stress of going back and forth.
Joeysage:
Good day fellow nairalanders. Please I need help in addressing this issue that is pending.
I had a deal with Wolfenstein, I got a laptop from him on the 7th of may which arrived to client on the 13th.
Now the laptop comes with a Clause of "GPU not installing", which simply means I'm paying for a system without a functional GPU and as such system relies on Intel graphics for all it's operations.
Now when system got to client, client put it on and it was working and I relayed that to Wolfenstein as well.
A couple days later on the 13th specifically(5 days later), client buzzed me and told me that the laptop is misbehaving while he tries to run his softwares on it(design software like Orion) which he said his previous Laptop could run without graphics card, as a matter of fact my bro also made use of that same program on his very old hp laptop which was generations inferior to this one in every ramifications.
We tried uninstalling the GPU only for the screen to trip off with keyboard light still on. Client tried everything but to no avail. Client had no choice but to force shutdown. Please note I was doing video call with client to try to troubleshoot the issue because uninstalling the GPU would make the system rely on it's Intel graphics. He tried uninstalling the GPU and the system went off, only displaying keyboard light and screen blank, and was inoperable. Only BIOS was accessible
Even tried to disable graphics in the bios and that was even worse as it wasn't able to boot into BIOS again. The system was the connected to tv and it was showing some very bad artifacts which was not normal. Now I explained all these to Wolfenstein that the system is not working well.
He even opened the Dell website after doing some research and was reading to me about this unit having issues according to reports of people on Dell forum. He read to me that the laptop had issues with running softwares programs.
Now, I told him that client is still interested in getting a system and wouldn't mind swapping for a functional one, or even upgrading the laptop. So he should check for options for the client.
Only for him to tell me that he's not the one in charge, that he has a boss and cannot make any decision without his boss's consent, and he'll have to relay to his boss.
I told him that I didn't buy system from his boss, that I bought directly from him.
Fast forward and he told me his boss boss will call me. After trying my best to convince him that system is malfunctioning while trying to run softwares, he was being elusive and claiming that it's because program is higher than system specs.
I'm at a dilemma here, because client is a very calm and good natured person and the worst I expected was for him to accept a swap option. But they are refusing that as it's clear the unit is malfunctional and are trying to avoid responsibility.
Please note that, it's within a week of purchase that issue was noticed and as such should still be under warranty.
What's the way forward in a case like this.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by onyizee07(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2021
Joeysage:
Good day fellow nairalanders. Please I need help in addressing this issue that is pending.
I had a deal with Wolfenstein, I got a laptop from him on the 7th of may which arrived to client on the 13th.
Now the laptop comes with a Clause of "GPU not installing", which simply means I'm paying for a system without a functional GPU and as such system relies on Intel graphics for all it's operations.
Now when system got to client, client put it on and it was working and I relayed that to Wolfenstein as well.
A couple days later on the 13th specifically(5 days later), client buzzed me and told me that the laptop is misbehaving while he tries to run his softwares on it(design software like Orion) which he said his previous Laptop could run without graphics card, as a matter of fact my bro also made use of that same program on his very old hp laptop which was generations inferior to this one in every ramifications.
We tried uninstalling the GPU only for the screen to trip off with keyboard light still on. Client tried everything but to no avail. Client had no choice but to force shutdown. Please note I was doing video call with client to try to troubleshoot the issue because uninstalling the GPU would make the system rely on it's Intel graphics. He tried uninstalling the GPU and the system went off, only displaying keyboard light and screen blank, and was inoperable. Only BIOS was accessible
Even tried to disable graphics in the bios and that was even worse as it wasn't able to boot into BIOS again. The system was the connected to tv and it was showing some very bad artifacts which was not normal. Now I explained all these to Wolfenstein that the system is not working well.
He even opened the Dell website after doing some research and was reading to me about this unit having issues according to reports of people on Dell forum. He read to me that the laptop had issues with running softwares programs.
Now, I told him that client is still interested in getting a system and wouldn't mind swapping for a functional one, or even upgrading the laptop. So he should check for options for the client.
Only for him to tell me that he's not the one in charge, that he has a boss and cannot make any decision without his boss's consent, and he'll have to relay to his boss.
I told him that I didn't buy system from his boss, that I bought directly from him.
Fast forward and he told me his boss boss will call me. After trying my best to convince him that system is malfunctioning while trying to run softwares, he was being elusive and claiming that it's because program is higher than system specs.
I'm at a dilemma here, because client is a very calm and good natured person and the worst I expected was for him to accept a swap option. But they are refusing that as it's clear the unit is malfunctional and are trying to avoid responsibility.
Please note that, it's within a week of purchase that issue was noticed and as such should still be under warranty.
What's the way forward in a case like this.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by SheldonCooper: 8:09pm On May 18, 2021
Goodevening Guys this is wolfenstein, not able to post with my monika. Let me say my own side of the story cos the way it is now is as if I did wrong.

Sellers and buyers are both human . What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Let us all look at this scenario with unbaised and "unpersonal" method.

1. Buyer was told the gpu has issues and doesnt install, that we are selling as a basic laptop that runs on intel.

2. Buyer accepted this and made payment. he received laptop and confirmed all is working.

3. He confirms that the client is okay with the laptop.
Then...

4. he came back to say client wants to run a particular software and the gpu isnt letting it.

5. I tried to resolve it in every way i can, even went online to check for solutions et all in good faith.

6. He said the software still wouldn't work with the laptop, he uninstalled graphics card, making the display becoming irregular

7. he said to me that the client doesnt want the laptop anymore.

8. i asked what to do? he said he will like to return the laptop.

9 "on what grounds will you like to return the laptop?" i asked. He replied that the client doesnt want because it is not installing Orion.

10. does it install other softwares as a basic laptop? yes. What is it with this Orion? Would i have tested all laptops with Orion to see it the system works with it?

Joeysage messaged me for a particular laptop if available on 7th May, of which I told him yes. In d ad posted on NL I described it as AMD FirePro W5170M w/2Gb GDDR5 (Not installing), he then asked me some necessary questions if I have tried to install the driver and I said yes but it's not working, that what only works is the Intel display Driver, and he said he would take it. He made payment that same day and the laptop was sent to his client the next day which was 8th May, client received and confirmed package saying all is working fine.

On 13th May, he sent me a message asking if I did drive the laptop and I told him yes I did, then I asked him Y ask. He said it's not working well, I asked him which driver isn't working well and he said the Display adapter is giving issues, then sent me an image(Image 1). I told him that the reason y d image is popping out is cos the software he tried to open is a high tasking demanding app that needs a higher display graphics driver, that it's seeing the Intel HD Display Driver but can't run the software well. I then asked him, does the laptop work well? He said yes but that when he tries to run the Orion Software the laptop hangs. He then said atleast with the kind of specification the laptop has, it's suppose to run the graphics, of which I said I guess so too but I later Google and found out that some laptops requires dedicated graphics to boot or work well.

Now for the screenshot he sent, I told him the reason y it's showing that way on the TV screen is cos his client tried forcing the AMD FirePro to work, that d only Display that will work is the Intel Display and I told him what to tell his client and d client did which made the laptop start working again.

Now the only reason his wanting a refund or a swap is cos the laptop isn't running the Orion Software of which I made it clear to him that it's only the Intel Display Driver that works even before purchase.

He was even insisting that he is trying to uninstall the AMD FirePro and I told him that if he runs dxdiag that he won't see the graphics card stated, that it has been dissabled, that it will be only the Intel driver of which he admitted, but that he may likely see it on device manager but with a yellow exclamation mark.

I told buyer that GPU doesn't work, that laptop should be used as a basic laptop.
Buyer accepted, went ahead to buy, confirmed laptop is working as it should.

Buyer's client wants to run a software called "Orion" which isn't working well on the laptop.

But i told you that the laptop's dedicated gpu is bad. Use as a basic laptop before purchase. I wouldn't know what software your client want to use. your client should have told you.

Does the laptop install basic softwares? yes , he said.

I told him that this can't be our fault , but he insisted it is ours and we are responsible for the fault. But we told you before purchase the issue with the laptop na? How this come be our fault? if I hadn't come plain to you, it is a whole different thing. I told you graphics card is bad, you want to use a software that needs graphics card.

In this business, sellers and buyers have a responsibility. It is a seller's responsibility to tell you any defect a system may have before purchase, it is the buyer's to either accept or not. We should push everything to one party always. i believe this is why the dispute thread is created.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 8:20pm On May 18, 2021
SheldonCooper:

Now for the screenshot he sent, I told him the reason y it's showing that way on the TV screen is cos his client tried forcing the AMD FirePro to work, that d only Display that will work is the Intel Display and I told him what to tell his client and d client did which made the laptop start working again.

Is the laptop working well now?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by SheldonCooper: 8:22pm On May 18, 2021
wildchild1:

Is the laptop working well now?
Bro the laptop is working, the only issue it's having is its not working the software he wants
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 8:23pm On May 18, 2021
SheldonCooper:

Bro the laptop is working, the only issue it's having is its not working the software he wants

Joeysage, is this true?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 8:38pm On May 18, 2021
SheldonCooper:
Goodevening Guys this is wolfenstein, not able to post with my monika. Let me say my own side of the story cos the way it is now is as if I did wrong.

If to say you don explain like this initially, I for no go hard on you. Your first explanation been no hold water. But this second one if na true you talk,I no fit fault you.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by SheldonCooper: 8:39pm On May 18, 2021
Alfred74:

If to say you don explain like this initially, I for no go hard on you. Your first explanation been no hold water. But this second one if na true you talk,I no fit fault you.
No b as u take enter me? U no even hear my own side of d story
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
Please let us learn to judge a matter after we have heard from both parties.

Rushing to give judgement inflicts more damage.

This matter is straight to the point.

Very clear.
Seller has made it clear from the word go.

Buying what one knows less about can lead to several discoveries and.......

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2021
Good evening all,
Please I have an issue and need the assistance of the general house to help sort it out.
I sent a pickup request to @Mikkyangel on the 03/05/2021 for an iPhone 12 promax (box and accessories).
He did the necessary calculations and I paid him in Full before he moved.
On picking the phone, he only sent me pictures of the phone , box and accessories and IMEI page from the start up menu (he practically did not check any other thing like Face ID, TrueTone, panic full, Battery health, Camera etc).
We received the phone in Nigerian on 17/05/2021 only to discover it’s Chimaera blacklisted.
I quickly run another paid IMEI check and the result still shows the same as previous check before it was picked in USA.
I immediately notified @Mikkyangel of the latest development and he bluntly told me it’s “non of his business” and I should bear the responsibility and loss because his only work was only to meet seller, pay him and pick the phone which I sent him to pick.
Please I need the assistance of everyone here to contribute and look into this case.
Thanks and God bless you all.

@Kreamie
Babawale4real
Mikkyangel
Wildchild1
Lionlee216
Daaz001
ImFortress
Deyinka007
Mcmayor
RakiticBarca
PrinceSavo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:01pm On May 18, 2021
If u go chop with devil use long spoon.
Chelseamann pele.

11 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2021
But you ran an imei check before pick up?
Blacklisted didn't show?
Isn't apple blacklisted different from normal one?

chelseamann:
Good evening all,
Please I have an issue and need the assistance of the general house to help sort it out.
I sent a pickup request to @Mikkyangel on the 03/05/2021 for an iPhone 12 promax (box and accessories).
On picking the phone, he only sent me pictures of the phone , box and accessories and IMEI page from the start up menu (he practically did not check any other thing like Face ID, TrueTone, panic full, Battery health, Camera etc).
We received the phone in Nigerian on 17/05/2021 only to discover it’s Chimaera blacklisted.
I quickly run another paid IMEI check and the result still shows the same as previous check before it was picked in USA.
I immediately notified @Mikkyangel of the latest development and he bluntly told me it’s “non of his business” and I should bear the responsibility and loss because his only work was only to meet seller, pay him and pick the phone which I sent him to pick.
Please I need the assistance of everyone here to contribute and look into this case.

@Kreamie
Babawale4real
Mikkyangel
Wildchild1
Lionlee216
Daaz001
ImFortress
Deyinka007
Mcmayor
RakiticBarca
PrinceSavo
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2021
Donbigi2:
But you ran an imei check before pick up?
Blacklisted didn't show?
Isn't apple blacklisted different from normal one?

there was No apple blacklisted, no network blacklisted on my checks.
And there was no “Active apple care” on my checks too.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:
Good evening all,

@Kreamie
Babawale4real
Mikkyangel
Wildchild1
Lionlee216
Daaz001
ImFortress
Deyinka007
Mcmayor
RakiticBarca
PrinceSavo

I hate to say this, but you did 0.9 dollar check on ifreecloud and not the 0.15 one. 0.9 shows you locked. But the more expensive one shows the lock policy

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2021
Donbigi2:

I hate to say this, but you did 0.9 dollar check on ifreecloud and not the 0.15 one. 0.9 shows you locked. But the more expensive one shows the lock policy
is it about 0.9 checks or picker doing his Job well?
The phone was not “brand new sealed”.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Dare0001: 9:37pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:
Good evening all,

@Kreamie
Babawale4real
Mikkyangel
Wildchild1
Lionlee216
Daaz001
ImFortress
Deyinka007
Mcmayor
RakiticBarca
PrinceSavo
In as much that chelseamann is supposed to run imei check I believe we pay picker to do physical check and activate the phone
Please mikky see to this and settle him this boy don chop enough loss this year alone
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:
Maybe Mikkyangel and you can split the bill since both of you didn't do due diligence.
Mikkyangel biko. Loss on him don much this yr
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by drakeskull(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:

If na mikky, Omo just forget it

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2021
chelseamann:
there was No apple blacklisted, no network blacklisted on my checks.
And there was no “Active apple care” on my checks too.
I did this two check this evening on it.

One is 0.9 dollars
One is 0.15 dollars

I know it's an honest mistake,
Mikkyangel should have activated the phone.
Honestly both dh and picker were at fault

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nasinazz(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2021
grin
Iffa hear say milky reply you Chelseaman, count your loss and move on bro

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:56pm On May 18, 2021
Nasinazz:
grin
No loud am grin

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Donbigi2(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2021
Nasinazz:
grin
don't say this Pls
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gmacnoms(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2021
drakeskull:

If na mikky, Omo just forget it
ogakpatakpata of them all. cheesy Only brave men thread that path.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2021
Pls take your loss in good faith.. you won't get a response from Mikky.

I'm so sorry for your loss boss

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2021
gmacnoms:
ogakpatakpata of them all. cheesy Only brave men thread that path.

Daaz001 can help talk to Mikky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by laraskey(m): 10:06pm On May 18, 2021
Nasinazz:
grin
hahaha, The God's no fit reply u..

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.