Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215949 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Owodiran1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Emmafe(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sportwin:

Where's that deal
I might be interested
iPhone 8+ 64gb with charger. You can chat me on WhatsApp, i don't want to derail the thread.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by adecamp(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Emmafe na my boss.
McMayor na my daddy.
Na that McMayor client be stupeed person.
My daddy (mcmayor), you for change am for her.
All in all. Love leads

8 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Emmafe(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sportwin:

Where's that deal
I might be interested
iPhone 8+ 64gb with charger. You can chat me on WhatsApp, i don't want to derail the thread..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Owodiran1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
suco01:

irrational point. Mcmayor didn't take this as a business or friends matter. How can he be threatening Emmafe with police. I like going to court than police station cos we still have sensible.people at the court than.police station. They should meet in court and see if he will win the case.

someone made a neutral point. He's neither taking sides nor shading anyone. All he said was there should be peace, small issue like this shouldn't ruin years built relationship. How iz is the point irrational. We are trying to hide a red cloth from a bull you went to bring red paint out. Haba. No pour fuel inside volcano nah

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by McMayor(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2020
This is a matter I wont address but because of my respect for women. Please always ask questions before you jump into conclusions.

Here is a picture of me asking Emma to give me sellers number which he wont.

Here is a picture of me even giving him brain to at least approach me properly to give him time.

Also we have been on this matter since Sunday and brought it here today... not like I dont think just so you know. So yes you can be disappointed, but because you knew I bought it and never made attempts to reach out to me. You were judging me from a far.

And to the parasites saying issues no day... I can joke with my 160k no wahala... we will wait for the rain when day fall way never dry... only lord knows how many people he go kill.

Adinije:
I have been silently following this complaint and I must say @Mcmayor, I am highly disappointed with the way you rush here to raise issue on something that isn't Emmafe's fault.

Yes, Emmafe contacted me to purchase my iPhone 8 plus 64gb. The pictures were forwarded to you before and after payment. When he contacted me that you were asking for refund, I made it clear to him that the fund has been spent. Which I showed him some proof (Not that I am obligated to). Everyone who does ebay knows that weekend is the time to buy, buy and buy. I don't collect fund from deal to be viewing it till buyer changes their mind. Money is meant to be spent.

On the issue of refund, I have promised Emmafe that I will make it on or before weekend, cos he is obviously disturbed.

Thanks to Everyone who stood on the side of truth.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Sportwin(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
McMayor:
This is a matter I wont address but because of my respect for women. Please always ask questions before you jump into conclusions.

Here is a picture of me even giving him brain to at least approach me properly to give him time.

Also we have been on this matter since Sunday and brought it here today... not like I dont think just so you know. So yes you can be disappointed, but because you knew I bought it and never made attempts to reach out to me. You were judging me from a far.

And to the parasites saying issues no day... I can joke with my 160k no wahala... we will wait for the rain when day fall way never dry... only lord knows how many people he go kill.

Parasites ?

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
McMayor:

I'm throwing due respect out the window.

You lack respect mcmayor.

I guess you assumed you will get a whole lot of support due to your fan base or something,and now that things are not going your way, at first it was some people no get shop for here they won't understand.
Secondly calling people parasites .

How does not having a shop has to do with changing ones mind when it comes to phone color. It's common sense.

You are quick to play the card of I am an adult, if so then act like one.

A 12 year old child does not have to seek his or her mother's consent to know emmafe did no wrong.

Na human being dey here no be dogs,respect is earned not forced.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Adinije(f): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
McMayor:

First of all, I never knew you were his buyer till he brought the issue of you threatening him with police. Who does that?

The fact we all enjoy peace and security trading on NL doesn't mean we should abuse the privilege. You can't be asking for refund whenever you want simply because you can. It doesn't work that way.

17 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aywhy93(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
There is a very deep uncommon saying ~ "if you're neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" so i won't be neutral here (I'll say it as it is) even though both parties are my 5 and 6.

With the explanations gotten from both sides, the only person that will decide if a refund will be issued or not and when, is the seller, not even us (the spectators) can decide for him or enforce him to, because he did all his due diligence. Buyer bought with the hope of selling but the end-user backed out with a flimsy excuse, but I guess the buyer is more interested in keeping the relationship between them and the end-user than they are in keeping their relationship with the seller hence why this issue got here.

When issues like this happens, the buyer should let the seller know the latest development and work something out WITHOUT threat on either side. That's a better approach! And to everyone who might need this golden reminder, DON'T BURN ALL BRIDGES.

Cheers!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by seyithug(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
McMayor:

Oga McMayor, on this matter, you are wrong.
To cap it, you seem to have an attitude problem (probably because this isn't going your way), as you don abuse everybody on this thread finish. Na we no get shop and na we be parasites (whose blood are we feeding on?). You're sounding condescending towards Emmafe, and everyone who has attempted to help solve this issue. Why did you bring it here, if you didn't want saner heads to prevail?
@Khalazi and @wildchild1 already analyzed the matter, and judged the matter well.

Yeah, you are older than Emmafe. You have mentored him, bla bla bla, but we don't need those details here. In my opinion, it's just a show-off and outright condescending.

To the facts of the matter, Emma was detailed with you. Sent you pictures, and you sent them to your customer. She decided to back out of the deal, the day before she was supposed to pick up from you. It's not the middleman's and seller's fault- they sold to you exactly what you ordered. Seller told middleman that she already used the money and he should wait.
Instead of reasoning with him, you decided to call him out and threatened him with police... just because you're older than him, and you have the cops at your beck and call. You brag that he's like your 'son' or 'younger brother', but you think threatening him with the police is the best? Did he steal your money? Did he not give you details of the phone? Did he deliver something else to you other than what was ordered?
You seem to like playing this age card a lot. Tell us, are you selling the phones laptops, and games you sell, to your age mates? You're in a business of young, middle age people and your target market is the youth population, yet, you always pull the age card, everytime something doesn't go your way.

You claim Emma is your boy, and, later you claim that you already refunded the customer 40mins after she changed her mind. So, why did you still drag your boy on Nairaland and still threatened to take him to police station, over a matter you can just exercise some patience on, yet you cut the client loose without any consequences for her actions? Why are you transferring aggression you should have used on your customer, to Emmafe, who did no wrong? This is the part where I deduced your needless drama and condescending tone.

@Emmafe and @Adinije, please, Sir and Ma'am, refund Oga McMayor's money, as soon as possible, to end this needless drama.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Surface11(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
dannybrasky:

I guess you assumed you will get a whole lot of support due to your fan base or something,and now that things are not going your way, at first it was some people no get shop for here they won't understand.

How does not having a shop has to do with changing ones mind when it comes to phone color. It's common sense.

You are quick to play the card of am an adult, if so then act like one.

An 18 year old boy does not have to seek his or her mother's consent to know emmafe did no wrong.

Na human being dey here no be dogs,[/b]respect is earned not forced.[b]

grin grin grin he left out his favorite line .. my first born is 18+ lmao

19 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by elvisco44: 1:07am On Jul 15, 2020
dannybrasky:

You are quick to play the card of am an adult, if so then act like one.

An 18 year old boy does not have to seek his or her mother's consent to know emmafe did no wrong.

Na human being dey here no be dogs,respect is earned not forced.

Are you related to Burna boy? grin
Reminds me of his tweet calling out M.I sometime ago.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by elvisco44: 1:10am On Jul 15, 2020
Majority of people here have spoken very well.
Wait till phone is sold and get your refund cool
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Owodiran1:
someone made a neutral point. He's neither taking sides nor shading anyone. All he said was there should be peace, small issue like this shouldn't ruin years built relationship. How iz is the point irrational. We are trying to hide a red cloth from a bull you went to bring red paint out. Haba. No pour fuel inside volcano nah

I already rest my case, you need to go back and read to ascertain the neutral point you claim he made.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 6:02am On Jul 15, 2020
elvisco44:

Are you related to Burna boy? grin
Reminds me of his tweet calling out M.I sometime ago.
grin You need agbo jedi,kidding cheesy
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 6:02am On Jul 15, 2020
McMayor:

I agree we are parasites but atleast we re not feeding on your host, you and this your pride of you own a shop, you can school jumia and konga staff, you're old enough to be some people father or brother all that (if I may ask are you age mate to woke soyinka?). It's really a shame if someone lacks wisdom. A man cannot give what he does not have, good or bad behavior is a reflection of one’s background. Next time Attend to a small problem before it becomes uncontrollable and not come here to brag on what God does for you. Sogbo?

14 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2020
Surface11:
grin grin grin he left out his favorite line .. my first born is 18+ lmao

I no just like how he threw the guy under the bus,They will eventually settle.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 7:12am On Jul 15, 2020
McMayor:

Shut up your dirty stinking mouth oga ade. And na you rain go kill stupid old fool. Who be parasite? You don ever gimme 500 naira in your life?

Out of 4-5 cases that you've brought here, all have gone in your favour except this and you decide it's by calling us names for saying the truth ehn ori e ko pe rara. I get shop I get this, I get that, na only you go first get something? Abi na only you be father here? Goan born Emmafe na.. Agbaya oshi. Ndi ara.

No wonder the bible says age is not wisdom. Msheew

46 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2020
grin grin
Thread is beginning to get interesting grin

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 7:51am On Jul 15, 2020
wildchild1:

Shut up your dirty stinking mouth oga ade. And na you rain go kill stupid old fool. Who be parasite? You don ever gimme 500 naira in your life?

Out of 4-5 cases that you've brought here, all have gone in your favour except this and you decide it's by calling us names for saying the truth ehn ori e ko pe rara. I get shop I get this, I get that, na only you go first get something? Abi na only you be father here? Goan born Emmafe na.. Agbaya oshi. Ndi ara.

Yoruba sef talk their own too. Agba o Kan ogbon

10 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Surface11(m): 7:51am On Jul 15, 2020
wildchild1:

Ehen?. Olusho ti wa binu bayi o

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Surface11(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2020
dannybrasky:

I no just like how he threw the guy under the bus,They will eventually settle.
Sure, na hin son ke. dem go soon settle lol

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joselph95(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2020
dannybrasky:
grin grin
Thread is beginning to get interesting grin
grin grin

Boss, no add gasoline nah cheesy
Nah extinguisher we need ooh

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by drexel39(m): 8:03am On Jul 15, 2020
McMayor:
I appreciate all everyone said. However I think you Anopheles know me to some extent and it's worth I address what you have said. I have called in some adults to inform them of this matter on sunday. Although If am permitted to say... Emmafe is someone i can call my son or let's say my younger brother. Infact I refunded the customer in less than 40 mins as I think I have a bigger name / image to protect which I think is more expensive well over 160k as I understand the social Media age we are in cureently in and how your imagine can me damaged fast like a wildfire to this effect was why I contacted Emma customer said he doesnt want this item anymore. No one would expect me to buy / keep an iphone 8 plus 64gb for 160k. I expected emma to say Boss, I have contacted the original seller and he / she said money had been used and I will be refunded soso day.

I brought this so we could learn. And yes we have obviously learnt. I have refunded customer immediately in less than 1hr I think

You Emmafe, you have my account details should you / the seller wish to refund me. Lord and heaven knows I even mentioned it to you to @least mention when the refund would be made. It pains me as you are someone I have mentored and even given business strategies. But yes let's say my

I see the part you said i threatened you with with police... I need you upload this part so we can also learn. I am not stupid but yes we all can learn here.

I have been doing business with Konga & Jumia for years and I have been fortunate enough to even educate their staffs on how to run business. I understand 9 out of 10 of you guys talking dont own a shop... so I need you to see it from that angle.

But I will drop my pen here.

Customer was refunded in less than 40mins by me.
I never threatened you Emma via police.
I gave you ample room to tell me when refund would be made. But you kept saying REFUND cant happen. Something I knew you are not like this but because the original seller said he / she cant refund. Ok take the 160k as a gift. However I wish you all the best in your business endeavour.

Oya case closed.

the complainant has made his decision nd has also closed the case,at this juncture ,in the absence of any question,emmafe has bn discharged and acquitted....all rise...court

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Joselph95:

grin grin

Boss, no add gasoline nah cheesy
Nah extinguisher we need ooh

My man,the last time this thread got interesting was when kulkid went savage on everyone grin

As grandpa say we be parasites,make we kukuma act like parasites grin

8 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Naijasageblog: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2020
Kreamie:
All have spoken well and to be honest, I've garnered wisdom in all that have been said. In my opinion, a refund should effected even if not immediate. Emmafe and Macmayor have established a relationship and have been dealing for years as pointed out and all that needed to be done was to be open and straightforward about the whole deal.

If I were Emmafe, I'd take the phone back, sell off and then refund. It's really not that hard. We are all business partners andmost importantly, friends (That's the way I see it). Issues like this shouldn't mar either relationship.

Coming from someone who has the worst customer service relations undecided

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2020
Na washing dirty laundry season we dey so o grin

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Naijasageblog: 9:26am On Jul 15, 2020
dannybrasky:
Na washing dirty laundry season we dey so o grin
Season 2 episode 1

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2020
I don't even know which is more distributing: the fact that this case was even brought here in the first place--- whose verdict was clear as daylight right from the very beginning.

Or the fact that this is just all it takes to ruin a 3 year old good working relationship. This is scary. Worse of all, the relationship was described as a "mentor to son" relationship. This is even makes it more disappointing.

All I see in this case is intimidation & power play. Mentor is shocked at son's audacity to not bend-the-knee. Same way son was shocked at mentor's handling of what shouldn't even be a case in the first place.

A part of me wonders if we'll even be having this conversation in the first place if mentor bought the phone from an equally big fish in this business, who isn't a "small boy" he can flog(like the image was painted).

Let me ask: so what would have happened if after Mc paid for this item, then makes arrangement to collect the next day, but emmafe tells him that item has been sold to someone else?

Will Mc take that? Simply no!! Why? Because the ITEM NOW BELONGS TO HIM. It no longer belonged to emmafe after agreement & payment was made. Or are we going to pretend that's not how it works? Is it not for this same reason people who pay for TLC, only for seller to sell to someone else come here to drag them?

We can even go further & ask how the buyer that's causing the confusion will react if Mc tells her that though she has paid for the item, his wife doesn't want him to sell again.

Yet despite knowing all this, Mc tried to threaten emmafe into a forceful & hostile refund (when item hasn't proven to be defective). If someone wants to refund you based on understanding & respect for past history, then fine. However, you cannot bully & emotionally blackmail them into it cos you feel the medium through which God has blessed you also puts food on thier table. That's not fair!!

Why would you transfer aggression & energy you should have dissipated on the customer who played games with you, on the boy you described as "son" & "younger brother" who was nothing but honest with you?

Mc, in the begining of your complaint, you said and I quote: "I got one from this my brother which he said the deal belongs to someone elses well not my business as long as item is in good condition as I know lots of us hustle that way"

If it's not your business where item is sourced from, then why should it be emmafes business who you bought item for? Afterall, he sold to you, not the unknown customer. He doesn't know the customer, doesn't have any transaction or binding agreement with the customer. All he knows is you bought an item from him & item is in good working condition like you wanted it to.

Also, in your post, there was also the part where you sighed "women don come again!!" when she called. Is that not you admitting that it can be difficult atimes doing business with some women buyers (due to several reasons)?

Is that not an admission to the fact that it was the sole reason for your failed transaction? So,why then, were you being hostile to emmafe?

I honestly don't know what you were expecting when you brought this case here, but I'll just assume it was borne out of the curiosity to understand the situation & the need for a non-bias resolution --- which I'm glad has been served so far by majority.

We all learn everyday. And I'm glad you have.

You can even add it as a case-study next time when advising jumia & konga staffs on how to run a business.

It is well.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by seyithug(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2020
drexel39:
the complainant has made his decision nd has also closed the case,at this juncture ,in the absence of any question,emmafe has bn discharged and acquitted....all rise...court

I saw that part where he said he gifted the guy the money. I don't agree that Emmafe should keep the money. That's a Greek gift. The kain blackmail and control that would come out of that move, ehn? Na season film.
Let him sell off the phone, and return his boss' money...... to avoid stories that touch, one day, soon.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jamesilvar(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2020
McMayor:

Rain kill you there oga.
Who you open mouth dey call parasite? Who and who you dey feed for here? Uchu gbapia gi anya dia

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.