Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (215620 Views)

Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In California(los Angeles) 2 DAYS SHIPPING !! / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by yell0w1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
Church has close everybody go home biko. Scam too many

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
What I can think about now is

ALL NEW MONIKERS OR DEAL HUNTERS MUST STATE THE NAME OF THEIR PICKERS ON THE ADVERTS, ANY NEW DEAL HUNTER THAT POSTS ADVERTS WITHOUT THE ATTACHMENT OF A KNOWN PICKER SHOULD BE FLAGGED and if possible, his advert reported and deleted.

And pickers should please, once in a while go through the Deal thread and see deals to know those who falsify pick ups.

If I think of more, I'll drop

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by calddon(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
bobo65:

ALL NEW MONIKERS OR DEAL HUNTERS MUST STATE THE NAME OF THEIR PICKERS ON THE ADVERTS, ANY NEW DEAL HUNTER THAT POSTS ADVERTS WITHOUT THE ATTACHMENT OF A KNOWN PICKER SHOULD BE FLAGGED and if possible, his advert reported and deleted.

And pickers should please, once in a while go through the Deal thread and see deals to know those who falsify pick ups.

sm1 should please make bobo65 and wildchild1 mods wink

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
The listed terms are valid and I completely agree with them. The escrow have to be consistent fellows on NL in my opinion. People they should also be the ones making most of the vouchers to prevent another ‘seyith^g’ saga.

My two cents.
wildchild1:
Thanks to Dragnet for closing the TLC/AIN thread.

How do we curb the scams on TLC/AIN thread thats gradually becoming epidemic?

I humbly suggest that

i. Every TLC deal should have the name of picker.
ii. If you doubt the TLC deal, confirm from the picker, request that ownership be transferred from the deal hunter to you before shipping.
iii. When requesting for an AIN deal, dont ask people to message you on whatsapp, just ask them to quote you then you reach out to them.
iv. For AIN deal, if seller is not in your location and you dont really trust the seller, kindly make use of an escrow. It is better to lose 500 naira or 1k that would be charged by an escrow than to lose 100k.
v. Everyone should save as many contacts as they can so that when someone claims to be another person, you can easily detect because you have the original number saved.

Guys lets deliberate, we need opinions. cc Bobo65 Frinx Kreamie Omicpet Lionlee Daaz001 Yalhaji
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2019
Kreamie:
The listed terms are valid and I completely agree with them. The escrow have to be consistent fellows on NL in my opinion. People they should also be the ones making most of the vouchers to prevent another ‘seyith^g’ saga.

My two cents.
Better still,listing the name of those who would render the escrow services,not only for the benefit of old members,but most importantly newbies.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Cgame: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
wildchild1:

I humbly suggest that

ii. If you doubt the TLC deal, confirm from the picker, request that ownership be transferred from the deal hunter to you before shipping.
iii. When requesting for an AIN deal, dont ask people to message you on whatsapp, just ask them to quote you then you reach out to them.
iv. For AIN deal, if seller is not in your location and you dont really trust the seller, kindly make use of an escrow. It is better to lose 500 naira or 1k that would be charged by an escrow than to lose 100k.
v. Everyone should save as many contacts as they can so that when someone claims to be another person, you can easily detect because you have the original number saved.

Guys lets deliberate, we need opinions. cc Bobo65 Frinx Kreamie Omicpet Lionlee Daaz001 Yalhaji

I quite agree with your points ... They will go a long way in curbing these issues we are facing..
Escrows should be used from now on .
Infact escrow services should be posted on every page so prospective buyers can easily access it..
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
I will also suggest the OP (Pradit) to edit the title of the page and add all buyers must confirm from the picker before payment is made
This will always appear in all the pages.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
I volunteer to be an escrow so as to make technology market a better place to transact without worries.

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ilerioluwa02: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
1. TLC deal advert must have the name of the picker (as well as other details) stated clearly.
2. The picker must be one of the Valid ones here on NL.
Mikkyangel, Lionlee, Yalhaji, Babaisaac, Bukiemore, Daaz, Kreami, omotolsy (any other should be verified here!!!)
3. The Deal buyer must confirm from the picker to verify the deal.
... before making payments.

4. If buying AIN deal, choose to meet with the seller / inform someone to inspect for you before making payments.
5. If the item(s) you're buying has to be shipped to you, and you don't really trust the seller, then kindly use Escrow. You can use Omicpet or any other person that is really known in this TLC/AIN thread.

Any ad with any FLAGs should be reported immediately.

Peace.

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by btrocky09(m): 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Rakiticbarca:
I will also suggest the OP (Pradit) to edit the title of the page and add all buyers must confirm from the picker before payment is made

bobo65:

I support this
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wesley80(m): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
Nicerazor:
I volunteer to be an escrow so as to make technology market a better place to transact without worries.
Don't volunteer anything. Let people that know you and have dealt with you nominate you. Any volunteer is a suspect even though you may not be.

6 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
Rakiticbarca:

One Maybe editing the topic like this will help,, for some stubborn newbie who refuse to read frontpage and observe thread before dealing...
All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals || WARNING: Read FrontPage First || Do NOT Transact with Deal Hunters with Unknown Pickers, Confrim

Two A Panel consisting of about 3-5 people with Wisdom, Reputation , Maturity and Vast Knowledge of the PickUp Highs&Lows should be setup to resolve issues between dealhuter & buyers.. And in the case a decision is taken and the dealhuter or buyer errs ,, the Panel should be enriched with power (maybe forward such handle to the mod) to temporarily ban such persons from further transaction in the Technology Section..
I guess this solves the McMayor case,, to an extent..

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
In as much as this whole thing is painful I still believe if not tackle will not help anyone. Everyone who has contributed so far have made a valid point. The only thing I want to add is this. DEAL HUNTERS SHOULD HAVE ONLY ONE NUMBER FOR WHATSAPP AND LET THAT BE THE MAIN NUMBER YOU ARE KNOW WITH HERE ON NAIRALAND. AND IF POSSIBLE WE SHOULD POST A DIRECT LINK TO MESSAGE YOU ON WHATSAPP IN OUR SIGNATURE SONIT CAN BE EASIER THAN COPYING NUMBERS AND ALL.

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2019
cupid4ig:
In as much as this whole thing is painful I still believe if not tackle will not help anyone. Everyone who has contributed so far have made a valid point. The only thing I want to add is this. DEAL HUNTERS SHOULD HAVE ONLY ONE NUMBER FOR WHATSAPP AND LET THAT BE THE MAIN NUMBER YOU ARE KNOW WITH HERE ON NAIRALAND. AND IF POSSIBLE WE SHOULD POST A DIRECT LINK TO MESSAGE YOU ON WHATSAPP IN OUR SIGNATURE SONIT CAN BE EASIER THAN COPYING NUMBERS AND ALL.

Good
So that if someone say he is bobo65, you just copy the name and search on nl, then click the whatsapp link, if it doesn't link you to the person you are chatting with, raise an alarm.
Easy

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by twinskenny(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
We that have our private picker nko?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omicpet(m): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Ilerioluwa02:
1. TLC deal advert must have the name of the picker (as well as other details) stated clearly.
Mikkyangel, Lionlee, Yalhaji, Babaisaac, Bukiemore, Daaz, Kreami, omotolsy (any other should be verified here!!!)

4. If buying AIN deal, choose to meet with the seller / inform someone to inspect for you before making payments.
5. If the item(s) you're buying has to be shipped to you, and you don't really trust the seller, then kindly use Escrow. You can use Omicpet or any other person that is really known in this TLC/AIN thread.

Peace.

https://www.nairaland.com/5567533/omic-global-services-escrow-pickup#84671665
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omicpet(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
Cgame:

I quite agree with your points ... They will go a long way in curbing these issues we are facing..
Escrows should be used from now on .
Infact escrow services should be posted on every page so prospective buyers can easily access it..
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/5567533/omic-global-services-escrow-pickup#84671665

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gbens2000(m): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
twinskenny:
We that have our private picker nko?
escrow!!!
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
I agree. We should setup an escrow team consisting of up to 5-7 OGs across the federation. This should aid the ease of doing business.
dannybrasky:

Better still,listing the name of those who would render the escrow services,not only for the benefit of old members,but most importantly newbies.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by themonk(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
wildchild1:

I humbly suggest that

@ Number 3 will proliferate fraud, deal hunters should include their numbers in their deal or in their signature so buyers can verify it is their actual number when contacted.

Everyother thing seems good.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by themonk(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
I think we should also discuss the recurring issues that occur when gadgets verified by pickers are faulty at the end, how should these issues be resolved and who is to bear the burden. Some Newbies would think a TLC deal has been verified by Apple themselves to be working and some deal hunter knowingly buy faulty goods and sell them as working goods.

Shouldn't pickers also be a person of interest if they verify a good to be working and it is not. I am not saying the blame should go to them, but they should be able to say this wasn't the fault of the deal hunter it is a fault that wasn't detected at pickup point then the outlined strict rules about how to share the burden should be followed by both the deal hunter and the buyer.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Babaisaac(m): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
themonk:
I think we should also discuss the recurring issues that occur when gadgets verified by pickers are faulty at the end, how should these issues be resolved and who is to bear the burden. Some Newbies would think a TLC deal has been verified by Apple themselves to be working and some deal hunter knowingly buy faulty goods and sell them as working goods.

Shouldn't pickers also be a person of interest if they verify a good to be working and it is not. I am not saying the blame should go to them, but they should be able to say this wasn't the fault of the deal hunter it is a fault that wasn't detected at pickup point then the outlined strict rules about how to share the burden should be followed by both the deal hunter and the buyer.

I stand with you on this, I think rules should be set as per the aspect of picker and deal hunters alike with regards to selling of TLC deals which includes bad deals, giving falsified information about picked up items and pickers not checking things properly or paying attention to details which have long plagued this pickup business and no one seems to care or say anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Babaisaac(m): 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
I think the end-user/would-be buyers shouldn't be left to bear the burden of a bad deal or be left to face any issue's arising from deal hunters/pickers neglection.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by khalazi: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
wildchild1:

Each person that wants to sell tlc should have his own thread.
that way if anyone scams anybody, it won't affect the overall market.

The pickers did not create one thread then start posting what each of them picked etc. Each of them have their individual thread. That way if anyone goes rogue it doesn't affect others.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
khalazi:

The pickers did not create one thread then start posting what each of them picked etc. Each of them have their individual thread. That way if anyone goes rogue it doesn't affect others.
The motive here is doing what's possible to reduce scam to its minimum,not being selective on such purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by khalazi: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
dannybrasky:

The motive here is doing what's possible to reduce scam to its minimum,not being selective on such purpose.
As far as there's a general thread, nothing can be reduced sir. Anyone can post at any time.
And not everyone would read guidelines. In a situation where one refuses to read guidelines and get scammed whose fault is it? The good sellers?
Because there's a guideline already on the front page and people are still falling.

Even the ecurrency, people still get scammed there.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by yell0w1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
Valid.
khalazi:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nostradamus: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2019
bobo65:
Cc
Mikkyangel
U can come to this thread and see what perezuche is running away from, do remove him from ur trusted deal hunters list so others don't fall prey
boss please send the link of the trusted dealhunters here. I want to have a look,so I don't fall into wrong hands.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nostradamus: 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ilerioluwa02:

Peace.
i totally support this cool
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
List of trusted deal hunters...Their phone numbers will be added in due course. Pardon me if some monickers are wrong..These deal hunters have been vouched for time and again.

Frinx
UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
Omicpet
DealHunter
ChisomK9
Toceenay
Kreamie wink
Ahwhy
Wildchild1
Wizzy89
Idboyostic
Chisomk9
Mendy31
Ifecx4real
Adinije
Twinskenny
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Wolfenstein
Pradit
Rakiticbarca (LAPTOP MESSIAH)
Sabastical
Oluoxide

More names coming through...You can transact with these afore mentioned names with peace of mind..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wolfenstein(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
Kreamie:
List of trusted deal hunters...Their phone numbers will be added in due course. Pardon me if some monickers are wrong..These deal hunters have been vouched for time and again.

Frinx
UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
Omicpet
DealHunter
Toceenay
Kreamie wink
Ahwhy
Wildchild1
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Rakiticbarca (LAPTOP MESSIAH)
Sabastical

More names coming through...You can transact with these afore mentioned names with peace of mind..
I still dey find my name o grin
So are we entitled to drop deals here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.