Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (217830 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by uncleseries: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2019
UrRealG:
Oga dragnet/Seun abeg comot this thing wey dey my profile na
E be like you go type TLC deal for Muslim thread

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wolfenstein(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2019
effectz123:
From my experience as a seller and a technician, i think this situation isn't too difficult to handle. If the item you sold is not accepted by a customer because there's a feature on a device he supposedly thought was present and finally found out was absent, it should be kindly received back by the seller. I categorize this as an unsatisfied customer. In this business, i believe customer satisfaction is the most important thing and not only the speed of sales. There's negligence on both the seller and the customer in providing enough details concerning the product being sold and bought. However, things can change if the item is returned in a bad shape. So, the escrow must wait until the item returns back to the seller and the buyer pays for all charges; both the escrow fees and all shipping fees. The buyer must accept that he has the most blame and be grateful for the seller favourably accepting back the item.
Exactly
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by UrRealG: 8:36am On Dec 09, 2019
bobo65:

My guy don Change religion grin

uncleseries:
E be like you go type TLC deal for Muslim thread

Babaisaac:

cheesy this one strong ooo

khalazi:

Be like you don go comment for muslim thread.

Hahaha grin

No ooh. I no know how e take happen
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by effectz123(m): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2019
wolfenstein:

Exactly
Thanks
You're welcome Bro
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 8:42am On Dec 09, 2019
When can we see our tlc Nd ain deals again..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2019
Another problem i noticed on AIN/TLC thread is that most newbies and some buyers dont read which is very very bad. How can you come to a new place and you dont want to read the modus operandi? Also, some buyers would not read details on ads before messaging which i find annoying. For most buyers who are too lazy and greedy, they would still fall victims of these scammers, but doing our own part, i would suggest that the summary of the agreed discussion be repeated as the first message on each page of the thread, i dont know if dragnet could do that automatically or if we have to do it manually. I.e, we're on page 10 here, by the time we move to page 11, the summary of our discussion is automatically the first message/comment. If it cant be done automatically, the first person to comment can edit his/her post and post the summary manually. I believe if the summary is repeatedly showing on all the pages, lazy newbies can understand the modus operandi and those they should not transact with.

That being said and done, buyers who fail to adhere to the stated rules of safe buying will be ignored cos you can't use your greediness and foolishness to give the business a bad name. If you come to wail after you've been scammed, you would be reported to the moderator for trying to give the business a bad name(just like the Scammers) or totally ignored or banned.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2019
I think it's best we arrive to a conclusion
So many nice ideas and opinions yet no agreed solution!
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:
Another problem i noticed on AIN/TLC thread is that most newbies and some buyers dont read which is very very bad. How can you come to a new place and you dont want to read the modus operandi? Also, some buyers would not read details on ads before messaging which i find annoying. For most buyers who are too lazy and greedy, they would still fall victims of these scammers, but doing our own part, i would suggest that the summary of the agreed discussion be repeated as the first message on each page of the thread, i dont know if dragnet could do that automatically or if we have to do it manually. I.e, we're on page 10 here, by the time we move to page 11, the summary of our discussion is automatically the first message/comment. If it cant be done automatically, the first person to comment can edit his/her post and post the summary manually. I believe if the summary is repeatedly showing on all the pages, lazy newbies can understand the modus operandi and those they should not transact with.

That being said and done, buyers who fail to adhere to the stated rules of safe buying will be ignored cos you can't use your greediness and foolishness to give the business a bad name. If you come to wail after you've been scammed, you would be reported to the moderator for trying to give the business a bad name(just like the Scammers) or totally ignored or banned.

Exactly, not just here, it applies everywhere. Always strive to know the mode of operations in any sector you find yourself. Its very important, the other guy that the klqssiq guy scammed said its his fault because there were enough redflags everywhere to show the nigga was not legit, so pls reading and observing is vital. A well as asking questions also. Most times if I'm in doubt i call oluoxide and one other trusted guy here (I've forgotten his name) to ask if they know and, and those simple steps lands me good deals. So wildchild, this your point is a very key one. Even if summary cant be done every time, but a reminder should be on every new page telling newbies to always read the rules on page wherever the rules have been stated, which is always page 1 i think. Anyone can do that. Just put it out there. Thanks. I'd love to see the tlc amd ain deals thread come to live again. grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ilerioluwa02: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2019
Well, the Title of the page could be edited...
Adding the phrase "read first page" to it.. or something similar.. so that it'll be shown in all posts.

Then pradit should make changes to the first post.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2019
Ipsum:
On the issue of escrow, please while choosing those who'll stand in as escrow for transactions, emotional intelligence should be one of the major criterias for choosing, too.

Escrow business is not as simple, especially for those who lack the ability to draw inferences and make proper judgement. A complicated situation (or situations) might arise (will definitely arise sef) when buyer wouldn't want you to release funds based on a dissatisfaction that could be technically argued. At the same time, seller might want his money released too, based on a technically of delivering what buyer paid for.

As an escrow, how do you handle this. Inshort to save everyone the headache of a hypothetical situation, let me give am example of what actually happened some two weeks ago.

Seller lists an item for sale. A laptop. You state the core,Ram & processor and that's all. Alongside pics of the item. An interested buyer beeps you. He wants it. You tell him laptop works fine etc. And tell him to ask any question he has, buyer said we good.

But since your monicker is not exactly popular, buyer wants to use an escrow. You accept. The escrow he chooses is a popular seller here who happens to be the one who beeped you to tell you his guy wants to buy your item not too long after you posted your ad here.

You accept. Item is waybilled to Lagos from your state. Buyer receives it and asks why no backlit keyboard. But you never listed in your Ad that it had backlit keyboard. Even when you asked buyer to ask any questions if he had, (cos buyers differ..some nitpick over small details, some don't really care so far it works fine) he never said anything about backlit.

Now this is where a technical argument begins. Buyers says backlit is standard cos according to him he's a guru who didn't start buying items today. You refute his claim that backlit is standard cos anybody who knows anything about laptop knows two same model of the same Laptop can come with backlit and non-backlit. This can even easily be spotted even on the keyboard cos backlit will almost always have a backlit icon somewhere (Like how Lenovo places theirs on the space bar key) .

So how come the guru didn't see this even from the Crystal clear picture of the entire Laptop you showed him?

From the tone of buyer, you have an inkling he's insinuating that you deliberately tried to hide a standard detail from when that wasn't true. You sold him what he paid for. But you weren't interested in dragging an issue and he made it clear that he doesn't want again. So you arrange for your item to be sent back to you.

I forgot to mention that the money had already been sent to escrow account before you waybilled it. You just collected your item back though and didn't bother to try to ask escrow to release money to you when the argument was going on. Not because you would have taken it but out of curiosity. But now I wish I did.

It would be nice to use this as an experiment to see what potential escrows think.

And since your name is on the list, Oga Wolfenstein, I want you to answer too as the escrow for the deal in particular (Dell latitude e7240).... which I eventually sold to someone else. Thanks

In law, ignorance is not an excuse Sometimes i wonder how grown adults can message a seller without reading details of a particular ad. Its even more annoying that such people would now want a refund almost immediately. I dont know, maybe its because of my experience in Legal Department/Military, rules should be rules even though judgement can be lenient but i would also want people to know that whatever decision we take on a particular issue today would be used as a reference for similar case tomorrow. So it is better we stand our ground, so that others would read and understand terms and agreement before getting into business with one another. As adults we must learn to take responsibility for our actions.

Like you stated, ad was well detailed, buyer messaged you and you even asked him if there're more questions he said no, item got to him and he said no backlit keyboard, the first question i would ask is, did i mention backlit on the details? Having been in business for a while, i understand that people can be very shady, it might be that buyer found a cheaper item after paying you and now he doesnt want your item again, so why should you be the one at loss? As a seller, you have the absolute right not to refund such seller but if you feel its something you can overlook or you have numerous people who are interested, you can just refund and move on. A very good example was when i sold a TLC iWatch (GPS only) to Gbens2000, only for him to come back after few hours or days that he didnt read the ad well that he thought it was GPS + Cellular and asked politely if i could refund him and i said yes no problem, i refunded him and went ahead to sell the item to another person. That was a kind gesture, if i decided not to refund him, i havent done anything bad because my ad was well detailed. Or what if i already used the money for an emergency, what would i do? Customers are always right but have you asked yourself why some sellers wont collect back an item when its sold and you've taken it out of the their store? it is simple, customers have abused privileges given to them and played on the intelligence of sellers. In the early 2000s i remember vividly my friends and i would go to Computer village to buy game/software CDs, because our house is not far from Ikeja, we'll quickly rush home install the software and go back to Computer Village then lie to the seller that the CD didnt open on our computer, that he should change it for us which he would and we would go back home with another game/software CD, thank God say Jesus don capture person and person don mature pass that grin. What am i saying, buyers can be very funny, some sellers can also be dubious so the onus is on the buyer to ask all the relevant questions and ask for a video evidence if necessary.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2019
bobo65:
Pls cc wildchild1 and others proficient writers, do help us summarize the ideas dropped so far.

I'm with..

All new deal hunters must state their Picker in their adverts

Deal hunters must have their whatsapp link in their signature

Deal buyers should asked to be quoted on Nairaland before proceeding to deal with any deal hunter especially those that contacts them on whatsapp

Etc....

Would do that shortly cc Kreamie

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

I nominate Frinx and Omicpet as escrow guys for AIN deals.
since we have another person doing handling for other pick up sites, don't you think it will be cool to add him to the list? Greentimbs on my mind

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Babaisaac(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2019
Rakiticbarca:
since we have another person doing handling for other pick up sites, don't you think it will be cool to add him to the list? Greentimbs on my mind

Yeah true that
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rakiticbarca: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
So what's the update so far?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by twinskenny(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
update update?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

Would do that shortly cc Kreamie

Na u hold us now oh

We need a summary of what the thread will be called and what will be the first post on the thread so Pradit will edit.

If wildchild1 is not available, anyone can do the write up then we can now talk to Ddragnet

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
We shall be back we a verdict.

Let’s all exercise a bit of patience. Thanks bosses!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
By popular demand, most businessmen here have agreed that:

i. Every TLC deal should have the name of picker.
ii. If you doubt the TLC deal, confirm from the picker, request that ownership be transferred from the deal hunter to you before shipping.
iii. When requesting for an AIN deal, dont ask people to message you on whatsapp, just ask them to quote you then you reach out to them.
iv. For AIN deal, if seller is not in your location and you dont really trust the seller, kindly make use of an escrow. It is better to lose 500 naira or 1k that would be charged by an escrow than to lose 100k.
v. Everyone should save as many contacts as they can so that when someone claims to be another person, you can easily detect because you have the original number saved.
vi. Deal hunters must have their whatsapp link in their signature.
vii. Deal buyers should asked to be quoted on Nairaland before proceeding to deal with any deal hunter especially those that contacts them on whatsapp.

Buyers/Sellers who fail to adhere to the stated rules of safe buying would be ignored cos you can't use your greediness and foolishness to give the business a bad name. If you come to wail after you've been scammed, you would be reported to the moderator for trying to give the business a bad name(just like the Scammers) or totally ignored or banned.

Finally, there will always be a case of a TLC deal gone bad. Panel consisting of about 3-5 people with Wisdom, Reputation , Maturity and Vast Knowledge of the PickUp Highs&Lows should be setup to resolve issues between dealhuter & buyers.. And in the case a decision is taken and the dealhuter or buyer errs ,, the Panel should be enriched with power (maybe forward such handle to the mod) to temporarily ban such persons from further transaction in the Technology Section..

As nominated here, the following people can be used as escows: Omicpet Frinx Greentimbs and Nicerazor

Dragnet if the above submission can be made to appear on every page of the thread, it would be highly appreciated.

Guys, if there's any point I didn't capture, please let me know cc Frinx Bobo65 Twinskenny Rakiticbarca Kreamie Wolfenstein
UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Way to go..!
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

ii. If you doubt the TLC deal, confirm from the picker, request that ownership be transferred from the deal hunter to you before shipping.
iii. When requesting for an AIN deal, dont ask people to message you on whatsapp, just ask them to quote you then you reach out to them.
iv. For AIN deal, if seller is not in your location and you dont really trust the seller, kindly make use of an escrow. It is better to lose 500 naira or 1k that would be charged by an escrow than to lose 100k.
v. Everyone should save as many contacts as they can so that when someone claims to be another person, you can easily detect because you have the original number saved.
vii. Deal buyers should asked to be quoted on Nairaland before proceeding to deal with any deal hunter especially those that contacts them on whatsapp.

Buyers/Sellers who fail to adhere to the stated rules of safe buying would be ignored cos you can't use your greediness and foolishness to give the business a bad name. If you come to wail after you've been scammed, you would be reported to the moderator for trying to give the business a bad name(just like the Scammers) or totally ignored or banned.

Finally, there will always be a case of a TLC deal gone bad. Panel consisting of about 3-5 people with Wisdom, Reputation , Maturity and Vast Knowledge of the PickUp Highs&Lows should be setup to resolve issues between dealhuter & buyers.. And in the case a decision is taken and the dealhuter or buyer errs ,, the Panel should be enriched with power (maybe forward such handle to the mod) to temporarily ban such persons from further transaction in the Technology Section..

As nominated here, the following people can be used as escows: Omicpet Frinx Greentimbs and Nicerazor

Dragnet if the above submission can be made to appear on every page of the thread, it would be highly appreciated.

Guys, if there's any point I didn't capture, please let me know cc Frinx Bobo65 Twinskenny Rakiticbarca Kreamie Wolfenstein
UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
endorsed
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Adinije(f): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
Perfect
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ilerioluwa02: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

Perfect. �
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

Awesome
We await Oga dragnet
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Emmanuelugo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
Seconded
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wolfenstein(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
You nailed it Baba
If anyone goes against this and comes here to complain
O.Y.O
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamphilips(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

APPROVED
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by seyithug(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

Nice conclusions. These rules should suffice, for now.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by daamazing(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by oluoxide(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89
Great job
What about the thread topic, should it still remain the former?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by khalazi: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2019
Good one Chief Wildchild01

Oga Dragnet, kindly do your thing. Epp us unlock our supermarket cry
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bbmike(m): 6:07am On Dec 10, 2019
wildchild1:

UrRealG
Khalazi
Bbmike
DealHunter
Toceenay
Ahwhy93
Adinije
Drexel
Ustavo
Daamazing
BabaIsaac
Bobo65
Cupid4ig
Shapman
Pradit
Sabostical
Wizzy89

Good job sir.

But if I may add how about a list of scammers or sketchy monikers with their phone numbers and names be added to the front page too. That could serve as a warning of some sort.
At least there have been a couple of established sketchy fellows known to this thread. That list of course will be updated from time to time as new unscrupulous fellows would spring up for sure.

And their names should be put in RED ink.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.