Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (217119 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by McMayor(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Do you mean people like Per3z? Because I have read all that has been said BUT no one is saying a thing about any case related to him. Of which baba day view NL. I have even been told baba had to create another username and even telephone number. 221,000 is still with baba going to 4 months now.

bbmike:

Good job sir.

But if I may add how about a list of scammers or sketchy monikers with their phone numbers and names be added to the front page too. That could serve as a warning of some sort.
At least there have been a couple of established sketchy fellows known to this thread. That list of course will be updated from time to time as new unscrupulous fellows would spring up for sure.

And their names should be put in RED ink.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2019
McMayor:
Do you mean people like Per3z? Because I have read all that has been said BUT no one is saying a thing about any case related to him. Of which baba day view NL. I have even been told baba had to create another username and even telephone number. 221,000 is still with baba going to 4 months now.
Really,,, No One... undecided undecided Read All Again

timijoseph01:

One Maybe editing the topic like this will help,, for some stubborn newbie who refuse to read frontpage and observe thread before dealing...
All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals || WARNING: Read FrontPage First || Do NOT Transact with Deal Hunters with Unknown Pickers, Confrim

Two A Panel consisting of about 3-5 people with Wisdom, Reputation , Maturity and Vast Knowledge of the PickUp Highs&Lows should be setup to resolve issues between dealhuter & buyers.. And in the case a decision is taken and the dealhuter or buyer errs ,, the Panel should be enriched with power (maybe forward such handle to the mod) to temporarily ban such persons from further transaction in the Technology Section..
I guess this solves the McMayor case,, to an extent..

Wildchild1 I gave this suggestion 2days ago,, I think it's a good one... Even if it can't be used outrightly, it can be modified

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Stormyweather(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2019
bbmike:

Good job sir.

But if I may add how about a list of scammers or sketchy monikers with their phone numbers and names be added to the front page too. That could serve as a warning of some sort.
At least there have been a couple of established sketchy fellows known to this thread. That list of course will be updated from time to time as new unscrupulous fellows would spring up for sure.

Not just names and numbers, their bank details as well. Just like the way it is in the business section. Also, it should be on the Front page of the technology market. Let the right to add and delete details of the scammer be reserved for one neutral person after an approval from dragnet. Or adding and removing can be done solely by dragnet.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mendy31: 9:52am On Dec 10, 2019
bbmike:

Good job sir.

Along with bank details also and no payments should be made into unknown microfinance banks or paga accounts

A little suggestion of mine , what about deal hunters submits a valid means of identification (just like offerup) either drivers license or national ID card , that way it will be easier to trace one when deals go south and let the means of identification matches with the bank account of such deal hunters

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2019
McMayor:

angry angry angry
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by seyithug(m): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Mendy31:

Along with bank details also and no payments should be made into unknown microfinance banks or paga accounts

A little suggestion of mine , what about deal hunters submits a valid means of identification (just like offerup) either drivers license or national ID card , that way it will be easier to trace one when deals go south and let the means of identification matches with the bank account of such deal hunters
I agree, with the first suggestion.

However, on the second suggestion, what if scammers steal and use both the moniker of a legitimate dealhunter and also use their government ID to back up their scam, to an unsuspecting newbie? Just a thought.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone I'm sorry for bothering .

Please I have an issue that requires your attention ,
So I bought a Samsung Galaxy s8 from Joseph95 wish he advertised as at&t locked , but in excellent condition and fully functional. I understood this simply means once I unlock the device I'll use my device with fuss Because it's supposed to be in excellent condition and fully functional. So after contacting a very credible unlocker he directed me to , it was discovered the phone has an issue that could be hardware or software related I chatted him up about it and the next thing he said was , all he advertised was at&t locked and since I got it locked means he has nothing else to do . So my question is when does fully functional and in excellent condition becomes locked only and buyer bears any risk , please I've dealt with others on nl and this one fellow wanna ruin my experience here

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2019
Sir Joselph95,

Can we hear your side of the story?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Kreamie:
Sir Joselph95,

Thanks
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 10:13am On Dec 13, 2019
The joselph95 i know is a good guy,Joseph come and clear your name.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joselph95(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2019
Kreamie:
Sir Joselph95,

Thank you Mr. Kreamie.

He bought a TLC deal "S8" advertised as AT&T LOCKED (which he received as stated on 5th Dec ) and this morning he messaged me saying the phone can't make or receive calls, the cellular is inactive and blah blah blah.

I told him I advertised as AT&T LOCKED, It's your responsibility to unlock (which he knows) and you can't push whatever Cellular issue that arise from unlocking to me. He wants me to take responsibility for that.

It's not as if I sold a Demo/Retail mode phone for him.

If it was the Cameras, fingerprint, speaker etc that didn't work, that's a different thing. Of which I even tested all that.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by twinskenny(m): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2019
Joselph95:

Thank you Mr. Kreamie.

He bought a TLC deal "S8" advertised as AT&T LOCKED (which he received as stated on 5th Dec ) and this morning he messaged me saying the phone can't make or receive calls, the cellular is inactive and blah blah blah.

I told him I advertised as AT&T LOCKED, It's your responsibility to unlock and you can't push whatever Cellular issue that arise from unlocking to me. He wants me to take responsibility for that.

If it was the Cameras, fingerprint, speaker etc that didn't work, that's a different thing. Of which I even tested all that.

can this problem be fixed?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joselph95(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2019
twinskenny:

I don't know, it all depends on the process and what he has done.

For instance, I was with Mr AY @CV some months ago. Someone brought a phone (S8+) to unlock at his office and he found out the person has given to another person before coming to him. Because he detected that the phones "manufacturer certificate" has been tampered with. He asked the person to bring the system they tried using to unlock and copy some auto backup from the system file that was automatically saved which the so called engineer didn't even know... He used it to replace the manufacturer certificate and that was when he now started the unlocking process...

So, any solution depends on to what extent the deed was done

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2019
twinskenny:

I don't know how to post voice notes on nairaland , but cybertek is the guy that helped with the unlock , following Joseph95 recommendation , yes I may be saying blah blah blah , thanks , but what I wanna say is , from what cybertek said , there's no way the unlock spoilt any cellular functio of the phone because the phone has something called "MIPI" wish showed falied wish I'll be attaching to the screenshot . And the only reason why I delayed in unlocking the said device was
1 I wasn't having the funds readily available
2 my iPhone 7 plus got stolen on Wednesday and
3 most importantly they said I needed a pc wish I don't have readily available .

And from what cybertek said there could be a solution but it could involve a change of something in the board B how can I buy something and start taking it to a reparier for such complicated procedures .

And note the unlock was done remotely it was only a code that was sent to me , so surely the unlocker didn't spoil anything the issue was already on the phone .

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by khalazi: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2019
D4donnn,
I’d like to know why it took 8days to lay a complaint?
Secondly, I’d like to know if you used Joselphs source for the unlock process or used your own plug.

Modified:
Reasons seen.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2019
Joselph95:

For instance, I was with Mr AY @CV some months ago. Someone brought a phone (S8+) to unlock at his office and he found out the person has given to another person before coming to him. Because he detected that the phones "manufacturer certificate" has been tampered with. He asked the person to bring the system they tried using to unlock and copy some auto backup from the system file that was automatically saved which the so called engineer didn't even know... He used it to replace the manufacturer certificate and that was when he now started the unlocking process...

If you're saying I tempered with the phone in anyway whatsoever , well I can assure you , you are seriously mistaking , you heard the voice notes I sent you , and secondly how can I when I've already concluded negotiations with , cybertek , lumide is someone I turn to for software issues I didn't even ask him about it because I've already resolved to use , cybertek and I was looking for a pc to do the unlock until , he told me yesterday that since it required an unlock code I didn't need a pc . I'm not one to push liability if something goes south , but you blaming everyone but yourself really shows your unwillingness to be reasonable .
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2019
This is one issue I wanted to raise up then.

This is an unforseen issue, DH (deal hunter) stated that the phone only needs to be unlocked but now it has issues with unlocking.

I think the first way to tackle this is for the DH to screenshot the advert where the main seller on offer up or wherever described the device (if available).
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2019
khalazi:
D4donnn,
I’d like to know why it took 8days to lay a complaint?
Secondly, I’d like to know if you used Joselphs source for the unlock process or used your own plug.

Modified:
Reasons seen.

Thanks a lot , the unlock didn't take 8 days for me to lay a complaint ,
After getting the phone from him on the 5th I was told I needed a pc to complete the unlock wish I didnt really have available , I told cybertek wish he recommended for me ( josephy95) for me to do the unlock from . And it was only yesterday that he suggested to me , to put my sim and tell him what happens , and we realized it could be unlocked without a pc , so I told him to help me unlock it , wish he did and told me the code was available but because I couldn't make the transfer , I had to wait until today , wish after sending him the money he quickly sent me the code , that was when we discovered the phone has a "MIPI" issue . I don't know how to do software things I don't have a pc and I don't even no anyone who can do it , so how then did I temper with the device

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2019
bobo65:

This is an unforseen issue, DH (deal hunter) stated that the phone only needs to be unlocked but now it has issues with unlocking.

I think the first way to tackle this is for the DH to screenshot the advert where the main seller on offer up or wherever described the device (if available).

This was the ad , he said excellent condition and fully functional

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Joselph95(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2019
bobo65:

Here's the description...

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for airing your side of the story.

Sirs Wildchild1 , Omotolsy , Bobo65 , Twinskenny , Nicerazor , Khalazi , Omicpet all & sundry

Thoughts on this please?
Joselph95:

Thank you Mr. Kreamie.

I told him I advertised as AT&T LOCKED, It's your responsibility to unlock (which he knows) and you can't push whatever Cellular issue that arise from unlocking to me. He wants me to take responsibility for that.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2019
Secondly in case of bad pick ups where the DH isn't aware of other issues, who bares cost of repairs and loss?

Because if we say just the DH, if he bought that item for himself, he would bare the cost of repairing it alone, don't you think it's right for the buyer to take full responsibility of repairing the phone since he bought it off the DH before it arrives?

At this Juncture, I think there should be something like caveat or a heads up that buyers should be ready to pay for repair if items comes with issues unknown to the DH.

At the same time, this would scare away buyers from deals, let's discuss this please
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2019
Joselph95:

And the process was done remotely , it was only a code that was sent to me this morning

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2019
bobo65:
Secondly in case of bad pick ups where the DH isn't aware of other issues, who bares cost of repairs and loss?

Because if we say just the DH, if he bought that item for himself, he would bare the cost of repairing it alone, don't you think it's right for the buyer to take full responsibility of repairing the phone since he bought it off the DH before it arrives?

At this Juncture, I think there should be something like caveat or a heads up that buyers should be ready to pay for repair if items comes with issues unknown to the DH.

At the same time, this would scare away buyers from deals, let's discuss this please

If he'd suggested something like fully functional to my knowledge I'd understand ,
And our initial agreement was that when it arrives I'll send him the money for the unlock because there's no body around me who can do it here , so saying I tempered with it is entirely false ,
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toceenay(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2019
D4donnn

Have you tried to change all the network mode (Automatic, 2G/3G, LTE/CDMA - or whatever modes are available) and restart the phone at each point on the mode.

Reason being that I've sold a samsung phone (S7 edge) to someone here and the buyer called stated cellular issue just like this. After sending it back to me, I found out it was on a certain mode that the cellular won't work (since it was unlocked here). So, changing it to automatic the phone works fully well, and with 4G sef.

So, I'll advice you check the network mode very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2019
I've been in a very awful frame of mind because the two phones I bought from nl had issues , I contacted the previous seller and after explaining to him , he simply told me to waybill it over that he would do a refund for me , before the phone got stolen by one timileyin Beckley boluwatife Ezekiel , but this is by the way

I am not trying to label him bad or tarnish his image , I've not had previous dealings with him but he was nice to me so I sought for an amicable resolution , I can't pay for a phone expecting it to be fully functional , whereas all I get is cosmetic beauty without actual functionality .

Y'all have been really helpful with your response , I just want this nightmare week to get behind me , things has been really tough for me I don't wanna complicate it with being literally bankrupt

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2019
Toceenay:
D4donnn

Have you tried to change all the network mode (Automatic, 2G/3G, LTE/CDMA - or whatever modes are available) and restart the phone at each point on the mode.

Reason being that I've sold a samsung phone (S7 edge) to someone here and the buyer called stated cellular issue just like this. After sending it back to me, I found out it was on a certain mode that the cellular won't work (since it was unlocked here). So, changing it to automatic the phone works fully well, and with 4G sef.

Just did nothing happened this is what it shows

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2019
D4donnn:

If he'd suggested something like fully functional to my knowledge I'd understand ,
And our initial agreement was that when it arrives I'll send him the money for the unlock because there's no body around me who can do it here , so saying I tempered with it is entirely false ,

Brother as you can see here, it's not the fault of you or the DH

This is an unforseen issue, just be patient let other people contribute
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2019
bobo65:

All deal hunter has to do is buy a bad phone,knowing whoever buys it from him is talking responsibility. It won't end well,as this would be totally abused.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2019
bobo65:

Brother as you can see here, it's not the fault of you or the DH

This is an unforseen issue, just be patient let other people contribute

Ok
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2019
dannybrasky:

All deal hunter has to do is buy a bad phone,knowing whoever buys it from him is talking responsibility. It won't end well,as this would be totally abused.

I've seen ads where people has stated things like
Buyer says the phone is unlocked but if it's not unlock is ....

Or others who say functional to the best of my knowledge or however phrased ,

I wouldn't have even bothered him if he'd stated that locked to at&t . Ideally he was the one who would have helped with the unlock but it's simply because my phone wasn't reachable that day
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by seyithug(m): 11:22am On Dec 13, 2019
Toceenay:
D4donnn

To buttress this point, let @D4donnn go to Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Network mode. Then, set network mode to LTE/GSM/UMTS or Global, and see if the network registers automatically.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.