Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71917 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
inikamoze:
I need your advice. I have a corolla 2005 I bought last year(Nigerian Used), I put it up for Uber when I first bought it and had to take it back after 2months after seeing the deplorable state the guy had put the car in. Lately I decided to put it back on the road for Uber again and did some fixes and changes to make it Uber standard.
I did a full suspension change, changed the whole AC unit( compressor, condenser,evaporator) then had the mounts changed cause it has been vibrating, but even after the four mounts have been changed the car still vibrates. The plugs were recently changed(I cannot ascertain this coz my brother took the car out, it developed some problems and his mechanic claimed to have changed the plugs and a coil).
The car is now in shape but the Uber driver says the vibration still persists. What could be the cause if this annoying vibration? PLEASE HELP!!!

kindly clarify what kind of vibration. is it at every RPM? or just at certain RPM? is it only when the vehicle changes gears? is it at a certain speed?
wen you rev the engine does it still vibrate?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by HisSexcellency(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
AutoMoTech:

kindly clarify what kind of vibration. is it at every RPM? or just at certain RPM? is it only when the vehicle changes gears? is it at a certain speed?
wen you rev the engine does it still vibrate?
please, i am having similar issue with my corolla 2006, bought it earlier this year (9ja use). it vibrates (left front tire side) at times after been driving for awhile especially when in traffic. And also it seems there is something draining my bsttery when the car is packed for more than 2days without warming the engine.
what i normally do is to remove one of the battery head at night. It gives a little spark each time i connect it back, my electrician says it could be the car security alarm that's draining the battery.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
HisSexcellency:

please, i am having similar issue with my corolla 2006, bought it earlier this year (9ja use). it vibrates (left front tire side) at times after been driving for awhile especially when in traffic. And also it seems there is something draining my bsttery when the car is packed for more than 2days without warming the engine.
what i normally do is to remove one of the battery head at night. It gives a little spark each time i connect it back, my electrician says it could be the car security alarm that's draining the battery.

Has a rewire gotten their hands on your car before?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by HisSexcellency(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Has a rewire gotten their hands on your car before?
yea, the AC was not working when i bought the car, he fixed the Ac but after that i noticed that the fan doesnt come on when i turn on the ignition, so i went back to him and he said its on termostat and will only come on when the engine is hot except i want him to connect it directly which he did.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by HooxJnr(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
AutoMoTech:

whats the cost of the vehicle?

300k. Location is Kano.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
HisSexcellency:

yea, the AC was not working when i bought the car, he fixed the Ac but after that i noticed that the fan doesnt come on when i turn on the ignition, so i went back to him and he said its on termostat and will only come on when the engine is hot except i want him to connect it directly which he did.

I'm going to assume you didn't do research on NL before this happened. Please return your car to factory with a competent tech
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by HisSexcellency(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:

I'm going to assume you didn't do research on NL before this happened. Please return your car to factory with a competent tech
ok, thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
HisSexcellency:

ok, thanks

Seriously, not scolding. Get a competent tech to reverse back to factory. Post neighborhood and people will suggest someone.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by 9icetoo(m): 7:18am On Nov 28, 2019
HisSexcellency:

Seems like your electrician knew what he was doing but you told him to do the wrong thing. Go back to him so he can restore than fan to factory setting. That may solve your problem.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2019
HisSexcellency:

please, i am having similar issue with my corolla 2006, bought it earlier this year (9ja use). it vibrates (left front tire side) at times after been driving for awhile especially when in traffic. And also it seems there is something draining my battery when the car is packed for more than 2days without warming the engine.
As adviced,
1. get a competent tech to help you check that battery drain issue.
2. return your cooling fan to factory set up.
3. let the tech find the cause of the vibration.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Rocice(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2019
Good day bosses
My toyota camry 2003 model’s throttle recently stops working either when i am in motion or about to start the car
Initially the mechanic thought it was the fuel pump so I changed the pump still no solution!
I have even bought a new new throttle position sensor still the problem keeps occuring
What can i do pls?
Sorry for the grammar errors
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by row2ray(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
AutoMoTech:
undecided winkThe aim of this thread is simple and that is to help resolve whatever electrical and engine performance issues you are currently experiencing with your car. Pls note that the idea is to help guide efficient diagnosis remotely so as to guide you in the fix wherever you are. In light of this no man is an island so I will be glad if other experienced techs, DIYers can help weigh in to advice and help provide solutions to issues tabled on this thread.

So pls if you have any questions or queries about your vehicle kindly drop them here lets help you resolve them together.
Pls while doing so kindly state details of the car in question like make, model, engine size etc. As this will help in more efficient remote diagnosis. Also state clearly the symptoms observed and if you have scanned pls provide DTCs.

Alright lets get those cars fixed grin grin grin

Hi I have an Infiniti g35 with 3.5k engine displacement from a vq35de engine... it’s throwing etc code p1716 and p1768 help was lease
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by UcLloyd: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
My car(Toyota Avalon 03)is having a hard start, and when it eventually starts, it will not fire well, and is bringing out too much white smokes. When I try to put it on Drive or Reverse, it will stop totally. I will start it again, fire it which will also not be smooth try putting it on drive or reverse, it will off. Please help. My mechanic says is Valve, I don't understand anything, help please
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by row2ray(m): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
UcLloyd:
My car(Toyota Avalon 03)is having a hard start, and when it eventually starts, it will not fire well, and is bringing out too much white smokes. When I try to put it on Drive or Reverse, it will stop totally. I will start it again, fire it which will also not be smooth try putting it on drive or reverse, it will off. Please help. My mechanic says is Valve, I don't understand anything, help please

First thing I’d advise you to look at is your plug and nozzles... do you have shooting sounds when revving the engine... then also check the vacuum hose routing and airflow..the valves is a last resort and changing it or grinding it would mean dropping your top cylinder.... was any work done on the car before that would involved them messing with the timing... they may have not tensioned the timing belt or chain and it skipped bending your valves
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by MrDraey(m): 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
Good afternoon my people.

please I need help on the attached picture.

I changed my car tires to 17rims from 16, since then this check light has been on. The car manual says its the Traction control system.

Took the car, balancing and alignment were checked and they were all okay. the guy loosed the battery, cleaned the top, fixed it back and the check light went off only for it to reappear yesterday.

car is a Pontiac vibe 2009 model
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by MrDraey(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by MrDraey(m): 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=MrDraey post=84522583][/quote]

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
Rocice:
Good day bosses
My toyota camry 2003 model’s throttle recently stops working either when i am in motion or about to start the car
Initially the mechanic thought it was the fuel pump so I changed the pump still no solution!
I have even bought a new new throttle position sensor still the problem keeps occuring
What can i do pls?
Sorry for the grammar errors
Sorry for the late reply. Pls have you scanned the car? We need to know if his is an electrical or mechanical fault. Kindly scan pls, lets see what the computer is seeing...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
UcLloyd:

From the symptoms you have mentioned, white smoke is caused by either coolant leak into d combustion chamber or excess fuel being sprayed into.
Do you have any coolant leak issues?
Do you smell fuel from the exhaust?
Also kindly provide details of previous repairs carried out especially recently.
Also scan lets see what codes are stored in the ECU.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=MrDraey post=84522655][/quote]
There is a possibility when the wheels were changed the technician damaged one of the speed sensors.
I can see your Check engine light on. That shoul give us a direction on what the ECU has seen and therefore turned off the Traction Control.
Be rest assred this is not a difficult issue. So dont stat throwing parts at the car.
Lets start with a scan. Post codes here and we go from there.
Pls use a capable scanner atleast one that can access the engine and ABS computers... happy Sunday
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
row2ray:

First thing I’d advise you to look at is your plug and nozzles... do you have shooting sounds when revving the engine... then also check the vacuum hose routing and airflow..the valves is a last resort and changing it or grinding it would mean dropping your top cylinder.... was any work done on the car before that would involved them messing with the timing... they may have not tensioned the timing belt or chain and it skipped bending your valves
I appreciate the line of your thoughts. Faulty Plugs & injectors and also vacuum leaks can cause misfires and affect engine performance. However we need to be careful with thekind if direction we give so he wont waste money throwing parts at the vehicle. He need to diagnose this issue. Esp the cause of the white smoke. A jumped timing can also have such symptoms... So that is where scanning also comes into play
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Lexusgs430: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
Does anyone know what this error diagram is? And yes i have used my own Google, maybe yours might know......

I am thinking battery, but i might be wrong....... Possibly faulty positive terminal, but this is from my very limited knowledge.....

HeavenlyBang, erico2k2 and all other demeanours, is your Google up to date?...... grin

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Does anyone know what this error diagram is? And yes i have used my own Google, maybe yours might know......

I am thinking battery, but i might be wrong....... Possibly faulty positive terminal, but this is from my very limited knowledge.....
All of a sudden i swear e be like say my Google too don kaput o grin grin grin
Abeg if you find the answer share biko.. i came across it once. I know it's not battery sha.. my mind dey tell me say na coolant something something..
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
AutoMoTech:

All of a sudden i swear e be like say my Google too don kaput o grin grin grin
Abeg if you find the answer share biko.. i came across it once. I know it's not battery sha.. my mind dey tell me say na coolant something something..

The diagram for the coolant is different.

So ẹ get problem wey our Google no sabi?

Maybe GAZZUZZ Google, go sabi am........ grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The diagram for the coolant is different.

So ẹ get problem wey our Google no sabi?

Maybe GAZZUZZ Google, go sabi am........ grin
e be like our google don expire o.
Abi Kingreign google... That one must know am... grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

HeavenlyBang, erico2k2 and all other demeanours, is your Google up to date?...... grin

You activated the spoil button, kindly turn it off
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Coolant low
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You activated the spoil button, kindly turn it off

Savage you are sir.... ��
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Coolant low
@lexusgs430 told ya
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Rocice(m): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Sorry for the late reply. Pls have you scanned the car? We need to know if his is an electrical or mechanical fault. Kindly scan pls, lets see what the computer is seeing...
Its reading error p2112
Throttle actuator .......
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Send a man to do a woman's job.. grin

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/2002-vauxhall-zafira-on-dashboard-warning-light-constatntly-on-box-star-inside-n

Also, YW
https://dashboardsymbols.com/the-symbols/
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by row2ray(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
AutoMoTech:

I appreciate the line of your thoughts. Faulty Plugs & injectors and also vacuum leaks can cause misfires and affect engine performance. However we need to be careful with thekind if direction we give so he wont waste money throwing parts at the vehicle. He need to diagnose this issue. Esp the cause of the white smoke. A jumped timing can also have such symptoms... So that is where scanning also comes into play

Thanks boss but most of those had relatively easy diy checks and fixes...apart from timing jump I didn’t think he’d need to spend any money checking

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.