Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71930 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Heritpemi: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2019
I have bmw e46 that has gear problem always shows gear light after counting from gear 1to gear 3 it we no more going sharp until I off the engine for like a minute before it we pick up again and I have scan it and it gave this code

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Heritpemi: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2019
I will be very grateful if any body can assist me to solve the problems I live in akute boundary between Lagos and ogun state please any solution ideas are really welcome and appreciated
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2019
nonhuman:
there is no coolant in the coolant container in my hyunadai Tucson 2008 but my engine does not over heat. Do I need to poor coolant?

2. My tires are making wururu sound when on the road I have changed two front bearings in less than a week it continues, what should I do

3. After 30min of driving the acceleration becomes lazy, needs to be pressed down before it will pick up properly

1. how are you sure your engine is not overheating?
pls kindly top up your coolant reservoir and then monitor again. there is a possibility what you are experiencing is a very small slow coolant leak. you need to pressure test that cooling system before we can confidently agree that its not overheating.

2. since you changed bearing twice and its still making noise, there are 2 possibilities,
i. the replacement part was bad.
ii. what was changed was not the faulty parts.

3. you need to scan and do a deep diagnosis while the vehicle is being driven. watch the parameters that change and falls out of place.

best regards.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2019
Heritpemi:
I have bmw e46 that has gear problem always shows gear light after counting from gear 1to gear 3 it we no more going sharp until I off the engine for like a minute before it we pick up again and I have scan it and it gave this code

please kindly write down/note these codes.
erase all the codes.
test drive.
then scan(please use a more professional scanner if possible, personally i dont trust these small scanners) .

these will help us know what system faults are there and we can work on. some of these codes might have been set long ago.

best regards.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
afternoon... how may i help you?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Debosneh31(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
Help please, my AC gets very cold early morning and evenings but not cold in the afternoons, what could be the cause please
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:59am On Nov 04, 2019
Debosneh31:
Help please, my AC gets very cold early morning and evenings but not cold in the afternoons, what could be the cause please
Morning sir.
There r many causes.
Low gas
Dirty or clogged condenser
A weak compressor too could cause it...

Just ensure U locate a competent AC tech to check it for you.

Where do you stay?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Phedam: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello.. Am using Volkswagen jetta 2007 1.6, I recently noticed that the AC only cool in the morning and when it's working, it doesn't circulate it cover only front not working at the back. What could have happend? . Moreso, the radiator fans working when I ON the AC. Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Phedam:
Hello.. Am using Volkswagen jetta 2007 1.6, I recently noticed that the AC only cool in the morning and when it's working[b], it doesn't circulate it cover only front not working at the back.[/b] What could have happend? . [b]Moreso, the radiator fans working when I ON the AC. [/b]Thanks

Afternoon sir.
Your AC not circulating to d back. I would like to ask.
1. Are there AC vents at the back? Or it's only on d dash bt doesn't circulate to the back?
2. If your AC only cools in the morning, you might have low gas, faulty/weak compressor, dirty condenser etc...

It is normal for your radiator fans to come on when you turn on your AC
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by wahlehxyl(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
Please guys, I have this problem with my EOD 2004 model. Once I engage the gear on reverse or drive, there is this sound it gives like something just vibrated or shake. What could be the cause my fellow intellects. Thank you.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2019
wahlehxyl:
Please guys, I have this problem with my EOD 2004 model. Once I engage the gear on reverse or drive, there is this sound it gives like something just vibrated or shake. What could be the cause my fellow intellects. Thank you.

Can you be more precise about the thing that vibrates?
Engine? Transmission? Cabin? What exactly?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
u are really doing a very good job op,and I just have to commend u.pls is sea max dextron iii atf a good replacement for Honda 1999 power steering fluid.The container is red and is sold for 1000k.I need ur opinion on this .thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Aaaaarghmed:
u are really doing a very good job op,and I just have to commend u.pls is sea max dextron iii atf a good replacement for Honda 1999 power steering fluid.The container is red and is sold for 1000k.I need ur opinion on this .thanks

thanks alot bros. sorry for the late reply. i just checked online about the oil. it is made in the UAE. I sincerely don't think I can recommend that oil sir. kindly find a recommended oil to avoid any issues that may arise in the future.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
AutoMoTech:

thanks alot bros. sorry for the late reply. i just checked online about the oil. it is made in the UAE. I sincerely don't think I can recommend that oil sir. kindly find a recommended oil to avoid any issues that may arise in the future.
thanks boss
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
Aaaaarghmed:
thanks boss

welcome sir
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by joshyo1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK AND WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by haiphy: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
hi
my nissan sentra 2007 drags on picking up, but after picking up, it works and moves perfectly
scanning it reveals solenoid whatever
pls help
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
haiphy:
hi
my nissan sentra 2007 drags on picking up, but after picking up, it works and moves perfectly
scanning it reveals solenoid whatever
pls help
Replace the solenoid however.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Costee:

Replace the solenoid however.
Lwkmd.... Chai. U wicked oooo hehehehe
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
joshyo1:
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK AND WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO
Kindly scan the vehicle pls. And post error codes here so we can help guide you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adeeva06(f): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
P0335 code on 2001 honda civic. How do one tackle this? Car keeps stalling

[Aquote author=AutoMoTech post=83848492]
Kindly scan the vehicle pls. And post error codes here so we can help guide you[/quote]
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
adeeva06:
P0335 code on 2001 honda civic. How do one tackle this? Car keeps stalling

[Aquote author=AutoMoTech post=83848492]
Kindly scan the vehicle pls. And post error codes here so we can help guide you

First is to check your Crank Position Sensor and it's wiring. Dont be quick to throw parts. Bt u might be lucky tho.
Just ensure u test the sensor/wiring confirm they r bad before changing parts.
Also inspect d tone wheels.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ugreat(m): 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
What's your thoughts on these codes-'01 Volvo V40

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:01am On Nov 09, 2019
ugreat:
What's your thoughts on these codes-'01 Volvo V40

Sorry i am personally biased against some of these cheap scanners. Tested one a long tym ago, was always throwing wrong codes until i used a more capable scanner. And codes were different.

However, store these initial codes somewhere. Clear the codes. Test drive the vehicle and lets see what codes come back.
U can also try to locate the o2 sensor fuses, replaced if damaged. If d fuse is good then check the o2 sensor wiring. From the sensor to the ECU if there is good continuity then you should change the sensors for a good one.

For the crank Position Sensor inspect the sensor and circuit. Confirm where the problem is before you change the part.

The the fan check the circuit from fuse to wiring to fan.

For TPS check the ref. voltage supply, signal and ground
1. At the ecu.
2. At the sensor. (While sensor is disconnected)
3. From the sensor (while sensor is connected)

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Happy sunday
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Debosneh31(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2019
House please I just noticed somethings in my car, while ac on the radio switches off and on, the fuel gauge drops, the odometer indicator too go off, rpm drops almost to zero and car vibrates much... What could be the cause... Urgently
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by IKPOLIGA: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2019
I bought my toyota rav 4, 2001 model with "check engine" light on, pls how do i get it out?
Secondly, my car was slagging and i just changed the gearbox after so many attempts at resolving it failed, do i need to also change my brain box because i dont want to have any issues in the future?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Debosneh31:
House please I just noticed somethings in my car, while ac on the radio switches off and on, the fuel gauge drops, the odometer indicator too go off, rpm drops almost to zero and car vibrates much... What could be the cause... Urgently
Possible the Compressor circuit was connected/ "tapped" from the instrument cluster circuit... And this is causing a high current draw on tha circuit....

Check where the AC compressor is connected to
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
IKPOLIGA:
I bought my toyota rav 4, 2001 model with "check engine" light on, pls how do i get it out?
Secondly, my car was slagging and i just changed the gearbox after so many attempts at resolving it failed, do i need to also change my brain box because i dont want to have any issues in the future?

Stop throwing parts. You are only wasting money. The first problem you must solve is to find a competent technician to help you scan and diagnose your vehicle problem.

I REPEAT DON'T THROW PARTS AT THE CAR
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2019
How may i help you?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Jobminister: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
AutoMoTech:
How may i help you?

My Toyota camry 2007 has this vibration when ever am moving on an uneven road. tie rod and down link have been checked and confirmed ok, all four shocks also confirmed ok.

The vibration is around the back side in between the two back tyre area.

Someone is suggesting I should check bushing and cacam bar ( dont know the spelling).

Please what do you think might be the issue with the car.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by 180263: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good Evening.
I use a Lexus 350 07/08.
Recently, the is a noise like the power steering oil leaked and the pump making noise. At the same time the Ac stopped cooling.
I had met one or two technicians on ac.
One told me it is the condemnation that leaked the oil and gas.
Recently, I met a man that claimed to be a Japanese vehicle Mechanic.
He had the sound and told me it is the Ac compressor that has gone bad, hence the noise I am hearing.
Please, advice me on what to do.
A part of me say I should go to do diagnosis before giving it for repair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.