Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (73539 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
suzzyrims:

That is what I was told by the mechanic, he opened the bonnet,asked one of his boys to start the car and he observed for a while. He then concluded it' s nothing much to worry about,that it's engine seat.

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
suzzyrims:

That is what I was told by the mechanic, he opened the bonnet,asked one of his boys to start the car and he observed for a while. He then concluded it' s nothing much to worry about,that it's engine seat.

If that be the case then its a good news. Thank God its no overheating issue
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by leosag: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone, i knew i would find some help
here. My toyota matrix ECU was stolen and all
effort to replace it is not working, i've tried
4ECU but dey are not working with it
Here are some of the car details:
Vehicle Information:
2003 TOYOTA MATRIX XR
VIN: 2T1LR32E23C134323
SEDAN 4 DR
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
1.6-2.0
The car is an automatic..
Vehicle Information:
2003 TOYOTA MATRIX XR
SEDAN 4 DR
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
1.6-2.0
Vehicle Information:
2003 TOYOTA MATRIX XR
SEDAN 4 DR
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
1.6-2.0
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by leosag: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2020
Vehicle Information:
2003 TOYOTA MATRIX XR
SEDAN 4 DR
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
1.6-2.0
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
leosag:
Vehicle Information:
2006 TOYOTA MATRIX XR
SEDAN 4 DR
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
1.6-2.0
Guys pls do kindly help my bro here... How can we source the right ECU for him pls...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by funkymeky: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please who knows of good auto shop where i can service my lexus es 350 in port harcourt and a good ac technician will be very much appreciated. I have searching for days now
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
funkymeky:
Please who knows of good auto shop where i can service my lexus es 350 in port harcourt and a good ac technician will be very much appreciated. I have searching for days now
MrFord.... Where are you o?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by funkymeky: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please do you know any one he has worked for ?
AutoMoTech:

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Mrford(m): 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
AutoMoTech:
I spoke to him some days ago.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2020
Good morning
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2020
funkymeky:
Please do you know any one he has worked for ?
Sorry I dont. But he is a friend. Was only making a suggestion. If you're not satisfied you ca find someone else to avoid stories.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2020
Mrford:

I spoke to him some days ago.
Alright chief
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by seanfer(m): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Alright chief

Good morning. Please what can make fuel gauge to be giving wrong reading. Sometimes when I have more than half tank fuel, and drive for some minutes the gauge will show that I am having 1/4 tank. If I park for some time and start driving again it will go back to the normal gauge of 1/2 tank. Please what can be the cause so that I can tell my Mechanic what to do. Car is 06 Camry.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:46am On Feb 03, 2020
seanfer:

Good morning. Please what can make fuel gauge to be giving wrong reading. Sometimes when I have more than half tank fuel, and drive for some minutes the gauge will show that I am having 1/4 tank. If I park for some time and start driving again it will go back to the normal gauge of 1/2 tank. Please what can be the cause so that I can tell my Mechanic what to do. Car is 06 Camry.

Morning chief. possible causes could be
1. faulty fuel sender
2. short circuit or open circuit in wiring from sender to Instrument cluster
3. faulty instrument cluster...

but usually its either 1 or 2
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Sleekteddy: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
2005 mdx
D5 started blinking and the check engine light came on.I scanned and got the follow

P0430
Generic
Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2
P0420
Generic
Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1
P0706
Generic
Transmission range sensor A circuit range/performance

DTC
A/T range switch open
4th pressure sw circuit high

Left front wheel speed sensor open or short
Left front wheel speed sensor failure
Break switch failure
Sensor logic failure

ELD voltage low
Catalyst b2 efficiency below threshold
A/T system malfunction
Catalyst B1 efficiency below threshold
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sleekteddy:
2005 mdx
D5 started blinking and the check engine light came on.I scanned and got the follow

P0430
Generic
P0420
Generic
P0706
Generic

DTC
A/T range switch open

Break switch failure
Sensor logic failure

ELD voltage low
A/T system malfunction
Gone through it. Quite a lot of codes.
So kindly narrow it down, what's your complaint? What problem do you need resolved?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Sleekteddy: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Gone through it. Quite a lot of codes.
So kindly narrow it down, what's your complaint? What problem do you need resolved?

The transmission issue. D5 started blinking after about 10mins drive
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sleekteddy:
2005 mdx

P0430
Generic
P0420
Generic
P0706
Generic

DTC
A/T range switch open

Break switch failure
Sensor logic failure

ELD voltage low
A/T system malfunction
Your problem lies in the above boldened.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sleekteddy:

The transmission issue. D5 started blinking after about 10mins drive
Do you experience any driveability issues before and after the blinking?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Sleekteddy: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Do you experience any driveability issues before and after the blinking?

Yes,more like it s forcing self to speed
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sleekteddy:

Yes,more like it s forcing self to speed

Ok. The problem is most likely electrical. In the wiring or sensor failing. Issue needs to be properly diagnosed to narrow down d fault
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
Good day
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ControlModule(f): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
whats happening here?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
The two of spark plug of my car is covering with black carbon, I have changed it twice it repeats the same thing
Could this also be the reason why my fuel economy have gone bad, please what is the problem of my car any useful information will be appreciated I use 2008 Hyundai
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
nonhuman:
The two of spark plug of my car is covering with black carbon, I have changed it twice it repeats the same thing
Could this also be the reason why my fuel economy have gone bad, please what is the problem of my car any useful information will be appreciated I use 2008 Hyundai
The problem is not with your spark plugs... But the combustion process within both cylinders.
Usually black soot is as a result of a rich condition/incomplete combustion process... That means excess fuel within those cylinders. So pay close attention to that. However some others things could cause it so keep an open mind.
U can try swap injectors btw cylinders. Drive long distance and then see what happens.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
nonhuman:

Sorry to draw you back. Kindly provide more info on this.
Is the said vehicle 4 cyl, 6 or 8 cyl?
What cylinders do U see d fouled plugs?
Do U experience a misfire?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Sorry to draw you back. Kindly provide more info on this.
Is the said vehicle 4 cyl, 6 or 8 cyl?
What cylinders do U see d fouled plugs?
Do U experience a misfire?

it is a 4cylinder
Formally it was only in two cylinders I noticed the fouled plugs but today I notice it in all plugs
Car do not experience any misfire whatsoever fire normal and very rich
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
nonhuman:
it is a 4cylinder
Formally it was only in two cylinders I noticed the fouled plugs but today I notice it in all plugs
check your seals

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
nonhuman:
it is a 4cylinder
Ok good. So no misfire just a very rich misture.
This issue needs to be diagnosed sir. Its abnormal for the engine to run rich as commanded by the PCM. there is most likely a faulty or false input somewhere causing the PCM to make the engine run rich.
Absence of thermostat, faulty Them. sensor, failed 02 sensors etc. So pls kindly find a competent tech to help with checking these things
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2020
My car do not have 02 sensor, I have checked and couldn't find it, Hyundai Tucson 2008
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2020
nonhuman:
My car do not have 02 sensor, I have checked and couldn't find it, Hyundai Tucson 2008
Ok.... Like RadAutos suggested check
1.boil leak into the cylinder.
2. Fue pressure
3. Leaking injectors
4. Failed sensor
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
nonhuman:

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.