Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71748 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by oriste(f): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
AutoMoTech:

THE BLINKING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT INDICATES YOU HAVE MISFIRE. ONE OR MORE OF YOUR CYLINDERS IS NOT CONTRIBUTING AS IT SHOULD.
FOR A START CHECK YOUR PLUGS, FUEL INJECTOR AND ALSO SCAN INCASE THERE ARE OTHER KNOWN FAULTS STORED IN THE ECU.

Result is out after scanning

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
oriste:

Sorry for late reply. Not been frequent on NL as before.
As suspected, you have misfires on several cylinders.
Has the cause of the misfire been found now?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Good morning
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by julieA(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
have a kia Sorento with chassis no KNDJD733035047138 and it's been faulty for about a month now with detected to be brain box.
A coil among the 3 coils is shocking and other do not.

Pls, kindly help.
Thanks
AutoMoTech:

There is a high chance the problem is from the transmission since U ascertain it only vibrates when you rev into gear 2 and also wen downshifting to gear 2.
An extensive diagnosis will be suggested sir to narrow it down.
I dont know of any in PH sir. Sincere apologies.

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
julieA:
have a kia Sorento with chassis no KNDJD733035047138 and it's been faulty for about a month now with detected to be brain box.

Pls, kindly help.
Thanks
Thought you already narrowed down on the issue already.
Have you replaced the ECU?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by julieA(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Am still on it yet to be changed.
The part is not common.

I av been advised to convert the engine and wire to Mitsubishi Montero engine.

What is your take pls...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by julieA(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
The part is not common.

What is your take pls...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by id4sho(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Thought you already narrowed down on the issue already.
Have you replaced the ECU?
Good day, I use a 2003 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE. Recently, the driver side firewall started vibrating when vehicle is on Drive, no vibration on N or P. I changed fuel pump, my electrician washed the fuel pump assy using thinner. The vibration stopped for some days. CEL is on after driving for some time. No CEL at starup. The last scanning didn't show any error codes.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
id4sho:

Good day, I use a 2003 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE. Recently, the driver side firewall started vibrating when vehicle is on Drive, no vibration on N or P. I changed fuel pump, my electrician washed the fuel pump assy using thinner. The vibration stopped for some days. CEL is on after driving for some time. No CEL at starup. The last scanning didn't show any error codes.
Thanks in anticipation
Hello.
I don't get how the CEL will be on but no codes. The CEL will only come on if there was a code stored. Pls get another capable higher end scanner and scan the ECU again. If there are still no codes then we'll have to work blind here.
So here goes. Concerning the vibration, has your mechanic checked the engine seats to be sure they are good?
Secondly, vibrations could also be caused by a misfire in one or more cylinders of your engine. Check your spark plugs and also ignition coils. Its possible you have an intermittently failing ignition coil or plug.
Clean your fuel injectors. A clogged injector will not allow clean flow and spray of fuel into the engine. This can also cause misfires.
Finally, clean your throttle body (aka injector mouth). This will allow better air flow into the engine.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
julieA:

The part is not common.

What is your take pls...
Pls do not. Your car will not remain the same again. After the expenses of buying engine, ECU, harness etc it will be you and your wahala.
Have you contacted someone in Lagos to help you check Ladipo?
Also there are some people very good in ECU repair. Kindly consider that too
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
julieA:

Pls, kindly help.
Thanks
Checking your complain again.
What tests were performed to narrow down on the ECU as the problem?
Was a scan performed? if yes what were the error codes stored? If no kindly do that first before proceeding with replacing that ECU.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gluck4cars: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2022
oriste:

Based on your scan codes, check your engine oil level then remove oil pressure switch socket and reinstall to test for short- circuit. Scan again to see if P3400 code is gone, and high RPM corrected. If code is still present, you will need to replace the oil pressure switch.
For the misfire clear DTCs with a scanner or removing negative battery terminal ( not advised) then test drive for upto 100km. If check engine light doesn't come back then the oil pressure fix has taken care of it. If not check your plugs , or coil.
Follow the order in which I have laid out the solution.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gluck4cars: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
julieA:

Pls, kindly help.
Thanks

What year model? This should be a 4 cylinder engine so you have 4 coils not 3.
What part are you looking for that is not common and where are you based?
All your ignition coils are meant to shock when engine is running. How was your brain box tested to ascertain it is faulty. And you are now considering changing engine from Sorento to Montero engine?
Look for a Mechanic that can diagnose the fault in your engine rather than accepting the one (Conversion Expert) that condemns what he can't fix.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Good day all.
To keep this thread alive I think I will start posting pictures and stories of vehicles we have diagnosed and fixed.
This should help anybody reading through the thread to also lean.

2 Likes

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by id4sho(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
AutoMoTech:
Good day all.
To keep this thread alive I think I will start posting pictures and stories of vehicles we have diagnosed and fixed.
This should help anybody reading through the thread to also lean.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gudvibes06: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good afternoon op pls my Honda Civic 06 instrument tray is showing this red spot light, that has refused to go back to normal for 2 days now like it used to do once in a while. Pls I need advice on what to do to get this issue fix permanently I'll attack the picture to this post cos where it comes on like this the fuel and temp gauge does not display and I'm really not comfortable with this . Thanks.

@AutoMoTech

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Good afternoon op pls my Honda Civic 06 instrument tray is showing this red spot light, that has refused to go back to normal for 2 days now like it used to do once in a while. Pls I need advice on what to do to get this issue fix permanently I'll attack the picture to this post cos where it comes on like this the fuel and temp gauge does not display and I'm really not comfortable with this . Thanks.

@AutoMoTech
Can you show the position of the red light relative to other lights on the cluster?
Also is it supposed to serve as a indicator light for any system?
Does it stay on when the ignition is on?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gudvibes06: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2022
It's the anti theft light but came up and was not blinking for few days and my fuel and temperature gauge area was blank it was the light alone that was showing and the engine is running fine... But it's working now I don't know why it does that sometimes.

AutoMoTech:

Can you show the position of the red light relative to other lights on the cluster?
Also is it supposed to serve as a indicator light for any system?
Does it stay on when the ignition is on?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Gudvibes06:
It's the anti theft light but came up and was not blinking for few days and my fuel and temperature gauge area was blank it was the light alone that was showing and the engine is running fine... But it's working now I don't know why it does that sometimes.

Possibly your instrument cluster is gradually bowing out and might need to be replaced.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by phurlar(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Good day Car Gurus...pls what could be the cause of this...
whenever I enter into a small gallop while driving, my left or right trafficator will automatically switch itself on and after few seconds,.it will off by itself without being touched..
the car is a Toyota Camry 2009
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Possibly an electrical fault
Does this happen even with the Hazard switch off?
Try this.
Ensure all fuses and relays are sitting properly.
Esp the Hazard light relay.
If possible swap it with an identical relay. And see what happens.
phurlar:
Good day Car Gurus...pls what could be the cause of this...
whenever I enter into a small gallop while driving, my left or right trafficator will automatically switch itself on and after few seconds,.it will off by itself without being touched..
the car is a Toyota Camry 2009
Possibly an electrical fault
Does this happen even with the Hazard switch off?
Try this.
Ensure all fuses and relays are sitting properly.
Esp the Hazard light relay.
If possible swap it with an identical relay. And see what happens.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Gudvibes06:

@AutoMoTech

Chief have you gotten this fixed? Curious to know what the problem was
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gudvibes06: 12:35am On Sep 27, 2022
It later came on it self and later it all went off not showing anything even the red light I complained about was not showing so my rewire checked all the fuse and everything thing intact but when he slap the instrument tray all the light came up so just like you said, he also suggested either the instrument tray panel is faulty or a wire having partial contact inside the dash but I've been slapping sense back into it's head anytime it's fumbling for now till I'm ready for proper fixing

Thank you so much for the concern.
AutoMoTech:

Chief have you gotten this fixed? Curious to know what the problem was
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2022
Gudvibes06:
It later came on it self and later it all went off not showing anything even the red light I complained about was not showing so my rewire checked all the fuse and everything thing intact but when he slap the instrument tray all the light came up so just like you said, he also suggested either the instrument tray panel is faulty or a wire having partial contact inside the dash but I've been slapping sense back into it's head anytime it's fumbling for now till I'm ready for proper fixing

Thank you so much for the concern.
appreciate the update. I have seen quite a number of that same issue. Usually it's the cluster going dead. Just plan towards replacement.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gudvibes06: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Thanks boss, na the next thing be that God no go shame us.

AutoMoTech:

appreciate the update. I have seen quite a number of that same issue. Usually it's the cluster going dead. Just plan towards replacement.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Thanks boss, na the next thing be that God no go shame us.

Of course he never will. No worry hustle go set, you go change the thing.
Change motor sef grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Gudvibes06: 12:53am On Sep 29, 2022
A big Amen to this boss thanks

AutoMoTech:

Of course he never will. No worry hustle go set, you go change the thing.
Change motor sef grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by kingjoe(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2022
Please my wiper refused to function.oa there anything I can do by myself to make it work.its raining
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
kingjoe:
Please my wiper refused to function.so there anything I can do by myself to make it work.its raining
Very sorry for late reply...
Have you checked the fuses first of all?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by sirleke(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
Toyota sienna 05

P0016
P0037

Codes after sign

What to do?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by susanc: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2022
Good evening sir. Please i bought this Toyota Camry 2007 4 plug engine. to use for bolt. But i am not enjoying the car. This car does not drive well at all. It misfires and acts like it is been forced to move. After scanning it brought this code
P0016 crank cam position correlation
P0102 mass air flow circuit low
P0101 mass airflow sensor circuit range/performance
P0116 engine coolant temperature circuit range/ performance problem
P0113 intake air temperature circuit high input
P0172 system too rich

I recently bought the Bluetooth scanner I will attach some pictures. I don’t know if it will be of help.
Cc Gazzuzz
Ikenna351
Kingreign

AutoMoTech:

The main cause of your misfire is the P0016 & P0018.
You need to diagnose the cause of the non- correlation of both sensors. Focusing on the VVT system wc consists of the brainbox, the Oil control valve and VVT controller.
Possible causes of these codes:
1. Stretched chain/timing belt jumped tooth
2. Faulty sensor/ sensor wiring
3. Faulty computer (rarely)
4. Weak Oil Control Valve
5. Bad VVT controller.

These are among other things.
So carefully diagnose each of these one after the other and rule the out.

And NO IT IS NOT A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
susanc:
Good evening sir. Please i bought this Toyota Camry 2007 4 plug engine. to use for bolt. But i am not enjoying the car. This car does not drive well at all. It misfires and acts like it is been forced to move. After scanning it brought this code
P0016 crank cam position correlation
P0102 mass air flow circuit low
P0101 mass airflow sensor circuit range/performance
P0116 engine coolant temperature circuit range/ performance problem
P0113 intake air temperature circuit high input
P0172 system too rich

I recently bought the Bluetooth scanner I will attach some pictures. I don’t know if it will be of help.
Cc Gazzuzz
Ikenna351
Kingreign

Long road to recovery

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

To Be Shot With An AK-47 While Sitting In An Armored Car / Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.