Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (72249 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 1:49am On Jan 11, 2021
Jaygrl:

My hubby recently bought a Honda CR-V 2003model(Naija used) for me. It has been from one issue to another. At first it was the gear but it was fixed,one of the days I took the car out it just stopped on the road and the mechanic came to check the car and said he will change a certain switch which he did. In the last 2days now,when driving the steering will be hard all of a sudden and the car will go off showing battery sign on the dashboard. The battery is relatively new,please what do you advice I do?
Alot of things can cause this to occur.
Start with running a scan on all available systems not just the engine.
Post codes here of you need help further Diagnosis.
If the fault is electrical there is a good chance the scan result might point in the right direction.

Also the battery sign is an indicator to a fault in the charging system.
Is it only the battery symbol that comes on?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Jaygrl(f): 7:57am On Jan 12, 2021
AutoMoTech:

Alot of things can cause this to occur.
Start with running a scan on all available systems not just the engine.
Post codes here of you need help further Diagnosis.
If the fault is electrical there is a good chance the scan result might point in the right direction.

Also the battery sign is an indicator to a fault in the charging system.
Is it only the battery symbol that comes on?
Ok,thanks. Yes just the battery sign.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2021
[quote author=AutoMoTech post=97934179]

morning house
does anyone know the price of engine oil cooler and gearbox oil cooler for VW golf 4 2001 model engine.
thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by SeniorGee(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello people
Pls i use Chevy Optra 2005, once the engine is warm it it won't start till it cools, like after 2hrs.
I have changed the fuel pump, vapour switch and air control switch still no improvement. Can anybody help pls
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by TamedWhisperer(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hi all,

What could be the cause of a stuttering/fluctuating tachometer (meaning it takes a sec or two to get to an accurate RPM reading when accelerating/decelerating while the pin stutters) plus there's a slight shaking even while idling (probably the spark plugs?). It idles well (at least below 1k RPM). I read it might be the ignition coil/speed sensor. The CEL, Side airbag off indicators on.

Also, I have different car keys (one with the buttons & to start the car another for opening the doors manually), is it possible to have both keys "merged"? I need to have one key doing both and where can I get that done?

Anyone does home service for scanning smiley? Also, I'm willing to bring in to any of your workshops to have it scanned/fixed. Thanks

AutoMoTech
radautoworks
GAZZUZZ, etc.

It is a Honda Accord V6 '09.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 6:58am On Jan 17, 2021
SeniorGee:
Hello people
Pls i use Chevy Optra 2005, once the engine is warm it it won't start till it cools, like after 2hrs.
I have changed the fuel pump, vapour switch and air control switch still no improvement. Can anybody help pls
Remote diagnosis not possible, it will have to be properly diagnosed in a workshop to find the problem, no matter the number of parts you throw at the car it won't solve the issue
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by freakyprince05: 9:35am On Jan 17, 2021
Please I need a professional help.
My Honda City 2004 model when cool will delay while engine is running for about 10mins when the gear is shifted to D (Drive). But engages immediately when put in R (Reverse).
Please what could be the possible cause?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
freakyprince05:
My Honda City 2004 model when cool will delay while engine is running for about 10mins when the gear is shifted to D (Drive). But engages immediately when put in R (Reverse).
Take it for a scan
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by johnonuh: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Please I need help, I was driving my Toyota Camry tiny light, and then it stopped firing and was still on, so after a little while it started firing normal but as soon as I added pressure it stopped firing again and at a point the car went off and I kicked it again and it started normal. As it was not firing the car was shooting also, please what do I need to d. Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by erico2k2(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2021
johnonuh:
Please I need help, I was driving my Toyota Camry tiny light, and then it stopped firing and was still on, so after a little while it started firing normal but as soon as I added pressure it stopped firing again and at a point the car went off and I kicked it again and it started normal. As it was not firing the car was shooting also, please what do I need to d. Thanks
take your car for a SCAN that's the 1st thing to do then come back with the codes given
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
Hello fam... abeg make una no vex say I no dey available all this while to personally attend to queries on this thread. This young man wen to marry ni o. to the glory of God I am back fully now to be of assistance to everyone and anyone...

Special thanks to all who have been of great assistance on the thread keeping it alive but more importantly providing assistance. YOU ARE THE REAL MVP... Thanks guys.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
SeniorGee:
Hello people

SORRY FOR LATE RESPONSE.
HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO GET IT RESOLVED?
IN SOME CASES, FAULTY CRANK OR CAMSHAFT SENSORS CAN CAUSE THIS PROBLEMS. I WILL ADVICE YOU DO A SCAN TO SEE IF THE PCM HAS ANY ERROR CODES STORED. THEN PROCEED TO CHECK ALL SENSOR SIGNALS WHILE THE FAULT IS PRESENT TO NARROW DOWN ON THE PROBLEM.

@AUTOMOTECH

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
freakyprince05:
SYMPTOMS AS THESE ARE USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH GEAR/TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS SUCH AS LOW OIL, ELECTRICAL FAULTS, WEAK SOLENOIDS/SWITCHES ETC.
CAN I ASK WHEN LAST YOU SERVICED THIS TRANSMISSION?
SUGGESTION:
1. ENSURE THE GEAR OIL IS PROPERLY GUAGED.
2. CARRY OUT A FULL SYSTEM SCAN, PAY ATTENTION TO FAULT CODES STORED ON THE PCM AND TRANSMISSION MODULE.
POST CODES HERE SO WE CAN FURTHER ASSIST.

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
johnonuh:
CONTAMINATED FUEL i.e WATER IN FUEL COULD CAUSE THIS, WEAK FUEL PUMP COULD ALSO CAUSE THIS, IGNITION PROBLEMS AMONG OTHER THINGS. AS SUGGESTED PLS CARRY OUT A SCAN IF POSSIBLE. MORE IMPORTANTLY FIND A COMPETENT TECHNICIAN TO HELP RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
YOU CAN ALSO PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION SO WE CAN ASSIST FURTHER.

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2021
AutoMoTech:

SYMPTOMS AS THESE ARE USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH GEAR/TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS SUCH AS LOW OIL, ELECTRICAL FAULTS, WEAK SOLENOIDS/SWITCHES ETC.
CAN I ASK WHEN LAST YOU SERVICED THIS TRANSMISSION?
SUGGESTION:
1. ENSURE THE GEAR OIL IS PROPERLY GUAGED.
2. CARRY OUT A FULL SYSTEM SCAN, PAY ATTENTION TO FAULT CODES STORED ON THE PCM AND TRANSMISSION MODULE.
POST CODES HERE SO WE CAN FURTHER ASSIST.

@AUTOMOTECH

Oil in my radiator reservoir. culprit was gearbox oil cooler. could my gearbox be damaged?
oga automotech I hail u

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by johnonuh: 7:16am On Mar 04, 2021
[I will do so, I have been so busy lately that I dont have time to even go to mechanic.quote author=AutoMoTech post=99577331]
CONTAMINATED FUEL i.e WATER IN FUEL COULD CAUSE THIS, WEAK FUEL PUMP COULD ALSO CAUSE THIS, IGNITION PROBLEMS AMONG OTHER THINGS. AS SUGGESTED PLS CARRY OUT A SCAN IF POSSIBLE. MORE IMPORTANTLY FIND A COMPETENT TECHNICIAN TO HELP RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

@AUTOMOTECH
[/quote]
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Larwin(m): 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
@AUTOMOTECH, welcome back. My Honda element 2003 is giving me issue. I changed the transmission recently, but the D is always blinking. Whenever I clear the code, the D won't blink even if I drive from. Morning till night. But once I switch the engine off and drive the D will start blinking again. The code is giving out is solenoid pressure switch C
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2021
Larwin:
@AUTOMOTECH, welcome back. My Honda element 2003 is giving me issue. I changed the transmission recently, but the D is always blinking. Whenever I clear the code, the D won't blink even if I drive from. Morning till night. But once I switch the engine off and drive the D will start blinking again. The code is giving out is solenoid pressure switch C

thanks chief...
CAN YOU PLS PROVIDE THE ERROR CODE YOU GET?
ALSO WHEN THE TRANSMISSION WAS CHANGED, WAS IT COMPLETE WITH ALL SOLENOIDS AND STUFF OR SOME PARTS WERE SWAPPED?
THERE IS NEED TO KNOW THIS SO WE CAN IDENTIFY OTHER PARTS THAT WERE NOT CHANGED WHICH COULD BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM FOR EXAMPLE WIRING, ECU ...

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
drmuchin:

Oil in my radiator reservoir. culprit was gearbox oil cooler. could my gearbox be damaged?
oga automotech I hail u
I HAIL BACK BOSS. SINCERELY I CANT SAY.
BUT I WANT TO ASK, HOW LONG DID YOU DRIVE THE TRANSMISSION WITH OIL AND WATER MIXED IN IT?
A FRIEND HAD VERY SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH HIS 607 LAST MONTH. INFACT THE WATER AND OIL WAS IN THE GEAR BOX FOR 2 MONTHS ALTHOUGH HE HE DIDN'T DRIVE IT, AND ALL HE DID WAS REPLACE THE OIL COOLER, FLUSH COOLING SYSTEM AND REPLACE TRANSMISSION OIL AND THE GEAR IS BACK AS NEW. SOME PEOPLE HOWEVER HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUCKY.
SO MY ADVICE IS WORK AS THOUGH YOUR TRANSMISSION WAS STILL GOOD. BUT PLS ENSURE YOU DO A PROPER FLUSH OF THE COOLING SYSTEM, FLUSH THE GEAR VERY WELL TOO. AND LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
johnonuh:
[I will do so, I have been so busy lately that I dont have time to even go to mechanic.quote author=AutoMoTech post=99577331]

@AUTOMOTECH

NO WAHALA CHIEF...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Larwin(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2021
AutoMoTech:

thanks chief...
CAN YOU PLS PROVIDE THE ERROR CODE YOU GET?
ALSO WHEN THE TRANSMISSION WAS CHANGED, WAS IT COMPLETE WITH ALL SOLENOIDS AND STUFF OR SOME PARTS WERE SWAPPED?
THERE IS NEED TO KNOW THIS SO WE CAN IDENTIFY OTHER PARTS THAT WERE NOT CHANGED WHICH COULD BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM FOR EXAMPLE WIRING, ECU ...

@AUTOMOTECH

Here is the code

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
AutoMoTech:

I HAIL BACK BOSS. SINCERELY I CANT SAY.
BUT I WANT TO ASK, HOW LONG DID YOU DRIVE THE TRANSMISSION WITH OIL AND WATER MIXED IN IT?
A FRIEND HAD VERY SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH HIS 607 LAST MONTH. INFACT THE WATER AND OIL WAS IN THE GEAR BOX FOR 2 MONTHS ALTHOUGH HE HE DIDN'T DRIVE IT, AND ALL HE DID WAS REPLACE THE OIL COOLER, FLUSH COOLING SYSTEM AND REPLACE TRANSMISSION OIL AND THE GEAR IS BACK AS NEW. SOME PEOPLE HOWEVER HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUCKY.
SO MY ADVICE IS WORK AS THOUGH YOUR TRANSMISSION WAS STILL GOOD. BUT PLS ENSURE YOU DO A PROPER FLUSH OF THE COOLING SYSTEM, FLUSH THE GEAR VERY WELL TOO. AND LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.

@AUTOMOTECH

drove it close to a month. during change of ATF the bottom plate of gearbox was removed and all the oil drained. how can gearbox be flushed. I am yet to flush the cooling system properly. pls is Oando ATF DEXTRON III good enough?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Godsonjolly: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
@Automotech
Good evening. Pls I have a Mitsubishi Galant 2000 model, we tried to start it but it's not starting,the starting is very hard and current isn't getting to the plug. pls what could be the problem
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2021
drmuchin:

drove it close to a month. during change of ATF the bottom plate of gearbox was removed and all the oil drained. how can gearbox be flushed. I am yet to flush the cooling system properly. pls is Oando ATF DEXTRON III good enough?

drove it close to a month.
R: BEFORE THE PROBLEMM OCCURED OR AFTER?

how can gearbox be flushed?
R: KINDLY CHECK ONLINE OR YOUTUBE FOR VIDESO ON YOUR PARTICULAR VEHICLE.

pls is Oando ATF DEXTRON III good enough?
R: I HAVE USED IT IN THE PAST AND STIL DO. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. BUT IS IT THE RECOMMENDED OIL FOR YOUR VEHICLE? YOU NEVER GAVE DETAILS OF THE CAR IN QUESTION. PLS CONSIDER CHECKING IF IT MEETS THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDATION FOR YOUR CAR.

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
Godsonjolly:
@Automotech
Good evening. Pls I have a Mitsubishi Galant 2000 model, we tried to start it but it's not starting,the starting is very hard and current isn't getting to the plug. pls what could be the problem

A NUMBER OF THINGS CAN CAUSE THIS FOR EXAMPLE A BROKEN FUSE, FAULTY BRAIN BOX, BAD IGNITION MODULE, WRONG IGNITION TIMING, BAD CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, FAULTY WIRING... AMONG OTHER THINGS.
WHAT HAS YOUR MECHANIC TOLD YOU?
WHAT JOB WAS DONE OR HAS BEEN DONE ON IT SO FAR?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Godsonjolly: 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2021
AutoMoTech:

A NUMBER OF THINGS CAN CAUSE THIS FOR EXAMPLE A BROKEN FUSE, FAULTY BRAIN BOX, BAD IGNITION MODULE, WRONG IGNITION TIMING, BAD CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, FAULTY WIRING... AMONG OTHER THINGS.
WHAT HAS YOUR MECHANIC TOLD YOU?
WHAT JOB WAS DONE OR HAS BEEN DONE ON IT SO FAR?

We've checked all these and it's working perfectly. The mechanic said current isn't getting to the plug. That's the only thing they could discover
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
Larwin:

Here is the code

WHEN LAST DID YOU CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION OIL?
DID YOU USE THE RECOMMENDED OIL?
WHAT IS THE PRESENT CONDITION OF THE OIL?

MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS.
DRAIN THE OIL. INSPECT FOR METAL FILINGS. IF THERE IS A LOT OF METAL FILINGS YOU MIGHT NEED TO START PLANNING TOWARDS TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT.
HOWEVER IF THE OIL IS STILL GOOD, PLS CHECK ALL THE WIRES ESPECIALLY THE GROUND WIRES CONNECTED TO THE TRANSMISSION.
IF WIRING IS GOOD, CHANGE THE SOLENOID/SWITCH THAT IS IDENTIFIED TO BE FAULTY.
IF ALL THS DOES NOT CORRECT IT, YOU MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2021
AutoMoTech:

drove it close to a month.
R: BEFORE THE PROBLEMM OCCURED OR AFTER?

how can gearbox be flushed?
R: KINDLY CHECK ONLINE OR YOUTUBE FOR VIDESO ON YOUR PARTICULAR VEHICLE.

pls is Oando ATF DEXTRON III good enough?
R: I HAVE USED IT IN THE PAST AND STIL DO. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. BUT IS IT THE RECOMMENDED OIL FOR YOUR VEHICLE? YOU NEVER GAVE DETAILS OF THE CAR IN QUESTION. PLS CONSIDER CHECKING IF IT MEETS THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDATION FOR YOUR CAR.

1 a month after discovery
3 recommended ATF is vw/audi G 052 162
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
drmuchin:

1 a month after discovery
3 recommended ATF is vw/audi G 052 162

TRY CHECK THE CONTAINER OF THE OIL IF THE OANDO OIL MEETS THE RECOMMENDATION. OTHERWISE NA TO FIND THE ONE THAT DOES.

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
AutoMoTech:

TRY CHECK THE CONTAINER OF THE OIL IF THE OANDO OIL MEETS THE RECOMMENDATION. OTHERWISE NA TO FIND THE ONE THAT DOES.

@AUTOMOTECH

pls which specific container are you talking about
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2021
drmuchin:

pls which specific container are you talking about

The oil gallon
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
here

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

₦2,290 Car Sold In Nigeria In 1974 (Throwback Photo) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria / Tekowi: Armoured Vehicles Manufactured By Obasa Specialty Vehicle In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.