Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80989 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2007
Prospects of bonus, cash dividend drive up Zenith Bank price

Read this------>http://www.businessdayonline.com/?c=56&a=13730
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2007
NSE Lists 4bn Custodian & Allied Insurance Shares. Read this -------->http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=80799

Is this one of the ones to watch?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2007
My dear Nairalanders,

I have some sizeable number of shares in Mutual Benefits. Should I offload now or is there still prospect for the share prize? Kindly advise cry kiss
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ all the gurus
If this thread is about stocks that will make us rich in 2007, what do the gurus in the house have to say for those of us who are starting now? If you all don’t mind, could u help those of us wanting to start now with some of the stocks that could make us rich as this thread implies. Looking forward to hearing from you all.U all are highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Frank,Egold,ayoola,easimoni,enolase and others,pls reply

If this thread is about stocks that will make us rich in 2007, what do the gurus in the house have to say for those of us who are starting now? If you all don’t mind, could u help those of us wanting to start now with some of the stocks that could make us rich as this thread implies. Looking forward to hearing from you all.U all are highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2007
easimoni, aylala frankriri et all.
what do you guys think of ABCtransport. do u think its a gd buy. this is more directed to easimoni cos i saw u post sumthin on them earlier
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2007
Hi all,

Can i report my stock broking fime to SEC? I dropped my letter for transfer of shares with them and the receptionist told me to come back after 2months to get the letter signed. I only need two signatures and she says she's not even sure i'll get it in 2 months. Meanwhile, the second firm (Marriot Securities ) were so efficient and polite and gave it to me in 5 mins.

The worst part is that the UBA share's certificate i gave them to verify since August last yr has not been verified. I only found out last week because they never give CSCS monthly statements and when you request for it, you have to pay N50 per month while others give it free. At least Marriot gave it to me free. Its bad enough that i had to pay to verify the certificate. I think they are trying to frustrate me from leaving them but my mind is made up.

Please what can i do. I can wait for 2 months to get it signed. Please i need your advice
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2007
speak to a proper staff not the mai guard receptionist, speak directly with te officer in charge of your portfolio or the manager
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ferugio(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Sleek_Chick

What is the name of the stockbroking firm so that we can all avoid the coy like a plague.
It's one thing sharing your predicament but I think its worthwhile to name and shame the firm.
We can hit them where it hurts by taking our custom somewhere else.

The services from some of this so call "Stokebroking" firms is enough to put you off dealing.
They think they are doing you a favour. Forgetting that the service is not free.
You get charged for every transactions which is their bread and butter.

Please, don't let me vent my anger here. angry angry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2007
shigidi:

easimoni, aylala frankriri et all.
what do you guys think of ABCtransport. do u think its a gd buy. this is more directed to easimoni because i saw u post sumthin on them earlier

I like ABC and just ordered 300k units myself. I'm expecting an EPS of ~15k when the full year results are announced.

Based on the number of new contracts they've signed in the last year and the expansion plans in Nigeria and to Ghana, I think they could witness rapid earnings growth in the next few years.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2007
@easimoni,

How far with Mutual Benefit please cry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
Kashif:

@easimoni,

I don't know. I don't follow them. Sorry
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2007
Is there any1 who can give me any info on MB pls. I heard a foreign coy has bought 25% of its equity.

Hold or Offload?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Aproko(f): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ kashif,

you dont have to be sad. yes, foreign investors have bought into mb. analyst use to predict N5 as share price but as you can see it has exceeded N5. i think insurance stocks will be trading much higher next year. if you think you have made enough profit, by all means go ahead and sell and dont look back. but if you want it to be a long term buy, then you may want to hold on a bit longer.

am no expert, just gut feelings.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Opomulero1(m): 5:27am On Jun 15, 2007
ferugio:

@Sleek_Chick

What is the name of the stockbroking firm so that we can all avoid the coy like a plague.
It's one thing sharing your predicament but I think its worthwhile to name and shame the firm.
We can hit them where it hurts by taking our custom somewhere else.

The services from some of this so call "Stokebroking" firms is enough to put you off dealing.
They think they are doing you a favour. Forgetting that the service is not free.
You get charged for every transactions which is their bread and butter.

Please, don't let me vent my anger here. angry angry

@ ferugio
Pls vent your anger! We all need to know what these companies are taking the ordinary investor through in the name of "service"  shocked angry Abeg, yab dem!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 8:39am On Jun 15, 2007
@Aproko,

Thanks a lot on that. I knew the foreign investment meant a more prospective future; just wanted to be sure I am not in the wilderness. 10q kiss
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2007
Intercontinental Banks’s public offering oversubscribed by 774%

Please read this------------------>http://nigeriaworld.com/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jun/14/215.html

For those who bought into the IPO last year share certificates will be out  3rd July if you are waiting to flip your shares not long to go and let me know!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Kashif
if the foreign investment is in form of loan,you've better think 2wise.
find out the true face of the invest.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Kashif(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2007
I heard it was a private placement
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2007
Kashif:

@easimoni,

Dude, what are you still doing with Mutual Benefit? Weren't you in on the discussion we were having on another thread where pple were advising those with this stock to get out at about 5 bucks if they have a short term focus?

Anyway, the company has some good long term prospects, so you might want to hold on to it if you haven't already sold. The current price decline is due to profit taking and will end at some point . . .

I sold mine at close to N5 and doubled my initial investment in less than 2months -- i've never believed in short term investing, but this is one i've done that worked! grin grin

By the way, it's good to be back on the board after a long time smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2007
hbrednic:

@Kashif
if the foreign investment is in form of loan,you've better think 2wise.
find out the true face of the invest.

The foreign investment is in form of equity, and infact, the foreign investor has long been the sole agent of Mbenefit. The 25% equity stake is being alloted to the core investor via existing warehoused shares, so there'll be no increase in the number of shares outstanding.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2007
windywendy:

The foreign investment is in form of equity, and infact, the foreign investor has long been the sole agent of Mbenefit. The 25% equity stake is being alloted to the core investor via existing warehoused shares, so there'll be no increase in the number of shares outstanding.

Nice info, pls keep it coming
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Amjiving: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2007
[/sub]rolls out the red carpet[sub] wendy Welcome back. missed ya kiss
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by COinvest: 3:19am On Jun 16, 2007
hey evryone

I've been following the board for quite some time now and I'm quite impressed wit the information that has been shown on the board,

I'm about to set up an account with one of the stockbroking firms back home and I'm about to decide between F&C securities, Afri-invest or Lead Capital,

I've contacted all three firms and I'm really liking F&C Securities but would like to get anyone's opinions on these firms.

Thanks in advance for the help smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:41am On Jun 16, 2007
Wendy, welcome back grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cheexy: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2007
@windywendy,
Welcome, i have missed your posts.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by windywendy(f): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2007
Awww, thank you all, I'm really feeling loved right now . . .

I've missed you all as well.

By the way, there's a credit rating company, CR Services Ltd currently doing a private placement. I spoke to someone at IBTC yesterday who sent me the 56-page placement memo. At first glance, I didn't really like what I saw, as they're offering preference shares and there's no indication that shareholders who buy into this deal will have the option of converting their perference shares into ordinary shares in the event of an acquisition of the company or listing on the stock exchange. Also, there's no indication of when the company intends to list. But the company has signed up a good number of heavy banks, including Zenith, first bank and the like. I'll read the memo this weekend and post my thoughts in detail.

The placement closed "officially" on 6/14, but they're extending for another week or two at the most. Price per share is N16.5 and minimum application size is 100k units. (N1.65m minimum investment). I'm not in any way promoting this investment, but I'm excited at the prospects of a credit rating company is Nigeria 'because the potential market is huge. But at the same time, I'm not too keen on buying preference shares, unless they come with an option to convert to ordinary shares at some point.

Takers any one? Frank, easi, cheexy et al, what do you think? Or better yet, have you heard about the placement and what do you know about the company?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by seggie: 9:47am On Jun 16, 2007
I have read so many articles on online FOREX trading from our national dailies. I am interested in it but I am scared of internet scam. How do I get started? How much is the initial cost? Please, I need your advice as soon as possible.
Can you also link me with one or two persons that have succeeded in it? I will be most grateful if you do.
My email: orsinolink@yahoo.co.uk, 08035670184, 08057194101
Regards.

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by oxytech: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2007
@aylala2002, and all,

In one of your recent posting, you suggested that taking a 1 yr loan to buy first bank IPO is a good move.

Noting: the interest around 27%(when u add all the extras), the possible delays that are real, delayed return money etc

Do you still think the loan idea for FBN IPO is good?
And why??
Please comment asap, very important,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2007
CO_invest:

I'm about to set up an account with one of the stockbroking firms back home and I'm about to decide between F&C securities, Afri-invest or Lead Capital,

I've contacted all three firms and I'm really liking F&C Securities but would like to get anyone's opinions on these firms.

Stay away from Lead Capital! angry Tell them easimoni said so. Oh wait! That's not my real name. tongue Seriously, I use Lead Capital and I would not advise a friend to join me. Thinking of switching myself.

Never heard of F&C but Afri-invest at least seems to offer sound analysis.

@ windywendy,
clearly u need to post more often. wink A CR agency is clearly needed and could be big business. If the memo is a PDF or word file, would you mind posting it for us all to read and decide?

If I were u, I'd only do this if 1.65M is not such a big deal. It could take a while for a start-up to start yielding returns
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2007
welcome back wendy,u have our luv here.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2007
oxytech:

@aylala2002, and all,

In one of your recent posting, you suggested that taking a 1 yr loan to buy first bank IPO is a good move.

Noting: the interest around 27%(when u add all the extras), the possible delays that are real, delayed return money etc

Do you still think the loan idea for FBN IPO is good?
And why??
Please comment asap, very important,

I personally don't think it is wise to take a loan to buy First Bank's Public Offer (incorrectly called IPO; it is not an initial offering).

By the time CBN and other regulatory bodies are through ratifying the ratifiables, it may be one year before people get their certificates (look at Intercontinental Bank). This is always the problem with bank public offers.

Until CBN hastens their involvement on bank offers, it is SUICIDAL to take a bank loan to buy the First bank PO.

With the increase in no. of outstanding shares occasioned by the hefty one for one bonus last year and this offer (which is expected to raise the no of outstanding shares by 30%), price movement is expected to be very sluggish this year.

Rather use borrowed funds to play other equities on a short term basis. Always the best option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply)

MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.