Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79399 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2007
@aylala2002

I really enjoy your thread and all the informations you shared with us,. I need your professional advise on this; I bought thousands of Afroil shares sometimes back when it was 0.42 kobo now its almost 7 naira a share I am tempted to sell but my sixth sense says I should wait. So what is your advise
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by vizion: 5:13pm On May 25, 2007
u guys are really doing a great job
sorry to digrest a little but i urgently need to help a friend
could any one supply me with the registrars of the underlisted companies

UBA
UTC
FIRST BANK
ZENITH
UAC
SCOA
UNION BANK

ure help is need cos the friend is trying to get hold of some lost dividend or bonus since the early 90's
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2007
Allwell:

@ FRANK AND AYALA

You guys are the guru's! I wonder what makes 1st bank the 1st. was at their aba office to get their prospectus, and it took me an hour to do so!

I'm tired of holding on to intercon. what will the bonus be like, ayala?
They have got the brand name and market share. Most conservative people still bank with the old generation banks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Egavlas(m): 5:51pm On May 25, 2007
@ CrazyT
IMHO, I think its time to make some money from your afroil shares
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Olarrylaw(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2007
Hi Everyone
Just need to drop a few lines concerning the frenzy about the stock market in Nigeria and many other emerging markets. I don’t mean to spoil the mood but there is something about investment many people don’t understand.
The Rich and wealthy don’t need the market because they have protection against their position if there is a correction in the market. This bullish trend and mood will not continue forever, so when there is a correction how many are prepared for this.  I am not an investment expert (I am just a private investor/trader) but it doesn’t take a genius to see,  history always repeat itself 'cos we don’t always learn. Stock doesn’t always go up as it continues to climb more people get in and complacence set in then we see correction. I don’t know when this is going to happen but beware.
I don’t want to see many of my brothers and sisters get clobbered by the market.
Going back to protection I spoke of earlier,  I don’t know if there options in the NSE to protect one's position in any stock? I stand to be corrected but everyone just buying stock should look closely at the reason for owning part of that company,  Please and please if the company is not on a good solid grounding get out of such position unless you can protect yourself from any downturn. When everyone rushes to the exit the small men get flattened,  you know better my brothers and sisters. If you're trading the stock that’s all good if you're investing it is a different ball game.
Be careful guys things happen faster going down than going up.
If you are interested in FREE stock trading strategies, residual income, wealth and success mentoring, e-marketing, working from home drop your questions and I will try my very best to answer them. Watch out for more postings on thes topics shortly.

Olarrylaw
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by chimmyfred: 1:42pm On May 27, 2007
Crazy T, if u want to sell your Afro oil shares that will be cool for people like me looking to buy it for a while now but have been told by my stock broker that it is very scarce. is there a way you could sell to me? not all though. I could buy just a little.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2007
OLARRYLAW,
Well said, i totally agree with you. Anyway what product are you selling. Contact me through tbanjoko@hotmail.com . I might be interested.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 6:14pm On May 27, 2007
Thanks @ Olarrylaw

Ive been eyeing Afrint print for some weeks now but theres no news (apart from the textile indutry getting some funds from the FG), no website, no history undecided
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 1:15am On May 28, 2007
I think that it would be a good idea if the NSE , would make it compulsory for all securities listed with it to have their own websites, same also goes for all the registered stockbrokers , this will improve things a lot .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 1:19am On May 28, 2007
yea, they should be made to publish all their books from inception as well
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 3:03am On May 28, 2007
@aylala 2002
  Please what are d current prices of the following shares: UNION,intercontiental,unity,niger cement? is there any way i could verify my CSCS no? the person that bought the shares for me refused to give me the no.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 8:25am On May 28, 2007
Hi people!!! cheesy Great job! Goin in2 partnership wit sum people wont b a bad idea afterall.  undecided Kip up the brillant contributions.
I brought y'all good tidings from the floor, the bullish trend witnessed in the Nig. Equities market is simply unparalelled wit an estimated avg returns of about 40% annually!!! @ Olarrylaw, i feel u, i believe bullish trends aren't forever, but i wont be so pesimistic about the market and that a possible crash in the nearest future is in the ofing. tanks to CSCS for the backup and the prayers of the saints who are in2 stocks. I also agree wit rational investing; i mean investin wit sense. I will never recommend long term investment in stocks witout pedigree or fundamentals, except i want to speculate, because am a risk taker, that is the way market operators make their mega bucks! To avert great losses in cases of a possible market depression, then go 4 porfolio diversification (i mean spreadin of stocks across sub-sectors), who believed that the share price a food/bev. giant on the NSE could crash  lipsrsealed. I av said in ma earlier posts that investors all over the world shld know an element of risk exists in their investments. But nothin really 2 worry about, keep investing in liquid (readily traded) stocks on both short and long term basis.

HOT STOCKS!!

UBA and Oceanic : The technical suspension on these stocks were lifted on friday though their prices were still immobilised. Mark my word! Oceanic will do N35 (from it current price of N19.53) by sept '07 UBA will do N50 from N37.99.

C & I Leasing: Impressive 1st qtr result for mar. 07 which trippled comparable to that of '06. It cld do N7.00 on the short run from it current N3.88 per share.

IBTC , Diamond, and Afribank : Market hearsay has it that thses trio will also b lifted from technical suspension, i frankly blv that their prices will witness an upside instantly.

@ Spicie not getin your cscs numb cld mean your broker is in2 sumtin fishy, your account cld b traded on witout your concent, makin money from u in the process, try goin 2 cscs, 2 confirm your stocks account position, 1st floor NSE bulidin. Dont be a passive investor, if u trade on high volumes, get a trade alert!

UBN is doin N34.18, Intercont N25.50, Unity N6.00

@ vision, from the little i know, d registrars 4 your highlighted coys are;

UBN- Union registrars
UBA- UBA Global makets
Zenith- Zenith Registrars
FBN- First Registrars
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mishoo(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2007
@aylala, Thanks for the great info man. they are always priceless !!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mishoo(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2007
Olarrylaw:

If you are interested in FREE stock trading strategies, residual income, wealth and success mentoring, e-marketing, working from home drop your questions and I will try my very best to answer them. Watch out for more postings on thes topics shortly.

Olarrylaw

pls get in touch with me at olumatthias2002@yahoo.co.uk . am interested.
Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bignero: 9:17am On May 28, 2007
hello frank please i want to join your invetment club,how do i contact u iv tried your hotmail add but my email was bounced,my no and my email add is
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 11:19am On May 28, 2007
@
ayala
im really impressed with ur foresite!!! i want to know what u think about unity bank and mutual benefits assurance, what do u think they will reach in the next three months.
thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2007
spicie:

@aylala 2002
Please what are d current prices of the following shares: UNION,intercontiental,unity,niger cement? is there any way i could verify my CSCS no? the person that bought the shares for me refused to give me the no.

Didyou buy these shares through public offers? If this is the case, then you will not have a CSCS number.

If you bought these from the secondary market (the floor of the NSE), then there is only one thing that is clear:

YOUR BROKER IS DEFINITELY TRADING WITH YOUR MONEY!

It is your fundamental right to demand for your CSCS number so that you can get your statements showing your stock positions.

You will need to tell us more details.

For example, is this"person" a stockbroker? Does he work with a stockbroking firm?

Be informed that there are a number of "third tier" stockbroking firms that are not registered by NSE and who buy shares through other registered firms.

We need more info so as to sort out your problem.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by meetgiwa: 12:30pm On May 28, 2007
Do you know you can make huge amount of money on penny stock? visit nairakobo . com to see how.

thanka.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2007
meetgiwa:

Do you know you can make huge amount of money on penny stock? visit nairakobo . com to see how.

thanka.

I vote we stay right here!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 2:40pm On May 28, 2007
Like i predicted, UBA, Oceanic and Diamond bank (its technical suspension was lifted 2day) all closed 5% higher 2day as they were all on full bid. Even Intercontinental (Now the bank with the highest capital base of about N170 billion followin the recent foreign interest) closed N1.27 higher at N26.77. patience is the game here!

Union Bank stockholders, i think u av every reason 2 smile; Y? because i think sumtin big is in the offing for u guys as the stock has been on the rise since friday last week. i wont let the cat out of the bag! lipsrsealed!!

UBN holders, i suggest u hold on2 your stock as we await its full year result.

I repeat, most bankin stocks are GUD BUYs!!! Watch out for IBTC and FCMB, still underpriced.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Egavlas(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2007
@ayala

Please what do you think about Thomas Wyatt? Do you have any useful info on them? Thinking of buying the shares
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nkc(m): 3:32pm On May 28, 2007
pls ayalla, what do u know about kakawa guaranteed income fund
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2007
aylala2002:

Like i predicted, UBA, Oceanic and Diamond bank (its technical suspension was lifted 2day) all closed 5% higher 2day as they were all on full bid. Even Intercontinental (Now the bank with the highest capital base of about N170 billion followin the recent foreign interest) closed N1.27 higher at N26.77. patience is the game here!

Union Bank stockholders, i think u av every reason 2 smile; Y? because i think sumtin big is in the offing for u guys as the stock has been on the rise since friday last week. i wont let the cat out of the bag! lipsrsealed!!

UBN holders, i suggest u hold on2 your stock as we await its full year result.

I repeat, most bankin stocks are GUD BUYs!!! Watch out for IBTC and FCMB, still underpriced.

In a market where rumuors of bonus drives share prices, Union Bank's re-awakening is not a surprise (rumuors of 1 for 5 bonus).

What is happening to Oceanic, UBA and Diamond bank is going to continue for some time to come.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengu(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2007
Hello Ayo,

You're realy great. Kudos to your intellect and efforts.

I love to follow stock market too and always attend seminar on shares. However, I've been looking to a good info to backup the first bank offer which a friend of mine told me, it will pull trend. That also I've confirmed from you.

I can now go for first bank offer although @ high price but it worths buying.

God bless you, God bless Nigeria,

Gbenga D. A.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Tmoni(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2007
pls who knows if oceanic bank accepted all the buyers and did nt bounce some people as dangote did to us, as in if u buy over a certain amount of stock
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tollu: 6:16pm On May 28, 2007
Here's sth to spur all you shares aficionados on:

WARREN BUFFET

There was a one hour interview on CNBC with warren buffet, the second richest Man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:

He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!

He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.

He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha , which he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.

He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.

He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.

His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the ceos of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.

He has given his ceo's only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder's money. Rule number 2: do not forget rule number 1.

He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch television.

Bill gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill gates did not think he had anything in common with warren buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and bill gates became a devotee of warren buffet.

Warren buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.

His advice to young people: stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself .

Sounds eccentric? I guess that's what makes him tick. smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by DisGuy: 6:52pm On May 28, 2007
why do i get irritated when people start worshipping another person  undecided

Warren is a Genius but please ease up a bit abi

i wont let the cat out of the bag!
whats the point? you started this thread for a reason remember stop holding back now
easimoni is around the corner  wink and trust me he doesnt have to be called a guru or praised to high heavens before he shares 'da knowledge' wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tollu: 7:28pm On May 28, 2007
Dis Guy:

why do i get irritated when people start worshipping another person undecided

Warren is a Genius but please ease up a bit abi

Na wa o, if u can't apprciate people u should just keep urself to urself haba. Nobody's worshipping anybody and if they are he's worth it!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dexsail: 12:52am On May 29, 2007
Good morning everybody[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dexsail: 12:54am On May 29, 2007
please someone should carry me along i am a kid in this bizness
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dexsail: 1:02am On May 29, 2007
easimoni:

easimoni:

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by otokx(m): 6:11am On May 29, 2007
Is this an investment club?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

MMM Runs To Kenya After Swindling Nigerians. Promises 40% Per Month / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.