Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana (23799 Views)

Federal Gov’t Denies Bailing Peter Obi Out Of Detention In UK / Yoruba Nation Agitators To Protest Against Igboho’s Detention In Cotonou / US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Skibofire(m): 8:45am On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
And about the Ghanaian media they are free as hell over here.That's why you keep hearing juju adverts and all sorts of insults at even the president on live television.Ghana was ranked number 1st in media freedom in Africa and 21st in the world in2018.We don't censor anyone or anybody.The only thing that limits you is morals which most of them ignore.Nobody is inciting against Nigerians.We have journalists here who are more powerful than even the vice president and ministers.Anas is one example.You guys can't even accommodate him for one day in Nigeria.
oga shut up

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by maestroferdi: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2019
You can see how low we have descended...

Nobody respects Nigeria again...Imagine ordinary Ghana!

If Ghana had respect for Nigeria, could this issue not been handled with some diplomatic finesse instead of sacking the don?

If countries begin to sack foreign nationals who criticize them, how many people will still live overseas?

Africa is just pathetically amusing...

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by tsdarkside(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2019
ghanaians will land in big soup again....

nigeria is not that defenceless....

its sad that we have to show flag to another black nation....but they are desperately askin for our trouble.... undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by tsdarkside(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
And about the Ghanaian media they are free as hell over here.That's why you keep hearing juju adverts and all sorts of insults at even the president on live television.Ghana was ranked number 1st in media freedom in Africa and 21st in the world in2018.We don't censor anyone or anybody.The only thing that limits you is morals which most of them ignore.Nobody is inciting against Nigerians.We have journalists here who are more powerful than even the vice president and ministers.Anas is one example.You guys can't even accommodate him for one day in Nigeria.

then why did you arrest somebody just sayin his opinion....??

that is not freedom of speech....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by rampantlover: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2019
Nigerians are very stupid, that's why you are being ruled by uneducated Fulani herdsman. How can you tell your employer his standards are very low compared to your country and you still expect him to employ you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by akiOYIBO: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2019
teejarny:
I love the role ASUU is playing in the defense of the prof. Say NO to ethnicity bigot in naija. We are one.
u and who? u must be mad.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by shankara7: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2019
rampantlover:
Nigerians are very stupid, that's why you are being ruled by uneducated Fulani herdsman. How can you tell your employer his standards are very low compared to your country and you still expect him to employ you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Most of you commenting on this forum are daft. Prof. Austin Nwagbara is a lecturer at UniLag and only in that Ghanian uni on Sabbatical..

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by rampantlover: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2019
Senseless Nigerians if you are that bold why dont you criticized yorubas who are eager to drive Igbos from their land. Are you not both Nigerians? Our country our laws and nothing fuckinggg ASUU can do about it and not even your docile government.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by maestroferdi: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

Look it is because of the soft hand they are using for Nigerians matters that gave some Nigerians the Audacity to commit crimes in Ghana.

If Ghana is more harsh and brutal to Nigerians, any Nigerians in Ghana will think twice before committing crimes.

If you don't like your treatment in the country, stay away from their country, it is not by force

You are not making any sense...

When did Nigerians support their nationals going to Ghana or any other country to commit crime?

The last time I checked, Ghana is a country which should have law enforcement potent/effective enough to apprehend and punish criminals...

Why take the lazy route of tarring all Nigerians with brush of criminality via an ignorant media?

We have possibly over 500,000 Ghanaians in Nigeria...Unless they tell you, you wouldnt know they are foreigners because of how the system in Nigeria accommodates and integrates everyone...

Why are Ghanaians eternally envious of Nigerians?

The envy is becoming sickening...

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

In Africa, Nigeria is a criminal nation.... Let's just accept the truth. It has nothing to do with low self esteem

Nigerians flock into Ghana just to engage in internet fraud. I don't even want to talk about other issues and countries

Nigeria is a criminal nation. I'm Nigerian, and it's the bitter truth
Let's put it this way: Those men and women sweeping the roads everyday just to be on the paycheck to feed their families, the trash men, the banker that will seat for hours keeping your moneys, the doctors that made sure you didn't die miserably are criminals ,your father that gave birth to you is a criminal, your mother is a criminal, your uncle, aunty, sisters, brothers, you and your generation and lineage is a criminal. This is the way you put it, and they will never forgive you for this statement.
Posterity will judge you for this statement. I know a handful of hardworking people. You open your worthless mouth to generalize people who work and sweat to make a living and you think you are making sense by generalizing a whole 200m people. Your parents failed in their responsibility obviously.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by brainhgeek(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2019
the most dangerous thing these days is to be a Nigerian. We are endangered home and abroad. Conservationists should kukuma enlist us as one of the endangered species. Nowhere is safe for us.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by chrisagyei: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2019
tsdarkside:
ghanaians will land in big soup again....

nigeria is not that defenceless....

its sad that we have to show flag to another black nation....but they are desperately askin for our trouble.... undecided undecided
buh you forgot you forcefully sacked 2.5 million Ghanaians from 1983 to 1985 and shouted "Ghana Must Go!" anywhere when we were experiencing severe famine and economic crisis.Currently,we accommodate 4-5 million Nigerians in a country of 29 million people and they all walk freely that some even take advantage of our peaceful society to introduce kidnappings into a country who don't know what that it is.Ghana was last week ranked 4th most peaceful country in Africa and 44th worldwide even ahead of the UK.We won't tolerate hate speech against our country by a foreigner who teaches in our own government owned university.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
buh you forgot you forcefully sacked 2.5 million Ghanaians from 1983 to 1985 and shouted "Ghana Must Go!" anywhere when we were experiencing severe famine and economic crisis.Currently,we accommodate 4-5 million Nigerians in a country of 29 million people and they all walk freely that some even take advantage of our peaceful society to introduce kidnappings into a country who don't know what that it is.Ghana was last week ranked 4th most peaceful country in Africa and 44th worldwide even ahead of the UK.We won't tolerate hate speech against our country by a foreigner who teaches in our own government owned university.
grin grin Ghanaians don't know what kidnapping is? The ghanaians that kidnapped people in porthacourt, Nigeria, are what? You lots are pretty blind and sentimental just like your media.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by maestroferdi: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2019
olisaEze:
Nigeria a country with almost 200m people, and over 60% of them suffering from low-self esteem. No sensible country in the world will let a college professor suffer such indignities because he tried to defend his country’s reputation.
We are in it together.

This funny APC government will let this affront slide and cower in cowardice...

Try pulling this stunt with the national of a serious country and all hell would have broken loose by now...
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Let's put it this way: Those men and women sweeping the roads everyday just to be on the paycheck to feed their families, the trash men, the banker that will seat for hours keeping your moneys, the doctors that made sure you didn't die miserably are criminals ,your father that gave birth to you is a criminal, your mother is a criminal, your uncle, aunty, sisters, brothers, you and your generation and lineage is a criminal. This is the way you put it, and they will never forgive you for this statement.
Posterity will judge you for this statement. I know a handful of hardworking people. You open your worthless mouth to generalize people who work and sweat to make a living and you think you are making sense by generalizing a whole 200m people. Your parents failed in their responsibility obviously.

Should I take any offense with what you typed? Absolutely not grin

You know why? I'm not emotional and I put sentiments aside before I make a choice

Some countries are listed as terrorist nations, including Nigeria. Does it make the entire population terrorists? No

But when an incident occurs every time from a particular area, then something definitely is wrong with them and they have to be classified as that

Are all herdsmen killers?
Are all politicians thieves?

Keep crying sir. It won't change the fact that Nigeria leads in internet fraud in Africa. Nigeria leads in drug peddling in Africa. Nigeria leads in corruption in Africa. Nigeria leads in human trafficking in Africa

Nigeria is a criminal nation.........

NIGERIA IS A CRIMINAL NATION grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by brainhgeek(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:

There couldn't have been a better response. well said sir!
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Esseite:

With your kind of comment, it's not far fetched why Nigeria is being run down by small Ghana..

That professor spoke the truth, it's high time Nigeria engages its media on Ghana as Ghana has done, we allowed South Africa and the xenophobic acts is now majorly on Nigerians, now Ghana wants to take same route.

Yes there are bad Nigerians, but to tag 200m people bad just because of less than 20 people is the height of it..
This is empty threat. Did he say those words in the lecture room? If you are a lecturer and you meet you kinsmen at a social gathering and you make inciteful comments, would that amount to academic freedom? I am disappointed by this statement from the Union. They should have rather apologized on behalf of their colleague. I am more disappointed by their quote. Is it what you say Ghana's education standard is 80% below that of Nigeria? You could not even appreciate the context of what you quoted! Which reasonable country will allow such a speech? Will American prof teaching in Canadian uni condemn Canada EDUCATIONAl System.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
maestroferdi:
We are in it together.

This funny APC government will let this affront slide and cower in cowardice...

Try pulling this stump with the national of a serious country and all hell would have broken loose by now...
All I'm seeing here is an unserious Nigerian government. If not, the Ghanaian media would have been warned and threatened with broken ties if they do not stop criminalizing Nigeria as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:
This is empty threat. Did he say those words in the lecture room? If you are a lecturer and you meet you kinsmen at a social gathering and you make inciteful comments, would that amount to academic freedom? I am disappointed by this statement from the Union. They should have rather apologized on behalf of their colleague. I am more disappointed by their quote. Is it what you say Ghana's education standard is 80% below that of Nigeria? You could not even appreciate the context of what you quoted! Which reasonable country will allow such a speech? Will American prof teaching in Canadian uni condemn Canada EDUCATIONAl System.
Did you watch the video?
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by maestroferdi: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

In Africa, Nigeria is a criminal nation.... Let's just accept the truth. It has nothing to do with low self esteem

Nigerians flock into Ghana just to engage in internet fraud. I don't even want to talk about other issues and countries

Nigeria is a criminal nation. I'm Nigerian, and it's the bitter truth
You can confirm that you are a criminal and we shall have no problems at all.

Guy talk about yourself...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Did you watch the video?
i over watched it. No reasonable country will accept such an inciteful statement.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vioment: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2019
If I be president of naija, na to just dash yank and euro like 2 billion each for a year, so that them no go intervene when we begin beat ghana.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2019
maestroferdi:
You can confirm that you are a criminal and we shall have no problems at all.

Guy talk about yourself...

No need to cry about it

I don't need to confirm anything and neither do you

Leave the shores of Nigeria and see where your country is classified grin
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Pacesetter123(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2019
Ironi:
Bleep ASUU or whatever they are , any Nigerian wakes up and develops the audacity to threaten Ghana. This shithead of a professor or whatever he calls himself should count himself lucky because if he comes to create problems, Ghana would bring the full force of their laws on his stupid head.

Ghana is a sovereign nation and every Nigerian should remember that.

Ghana has been accommodating to a lot of nonsense from Nigeria and it’s gradually getting there .
Will you stop talking thrash! Which sovereign nation? The one that cannot feed herself? Which of de African states has Nigeria not shown big brotherliness to? Berraaa stop that insult.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

Should I take any offense with what you typed? Absolutely not grin

You know why? I'm not emotional and I put sentiments aside before I make a choice

Some countries are listed as terrorist nations, including Nigeria. Does it make the entire population terrorists? No

But when an incident occurs every time from a particular area, then something definitely is wrong with them and they have to be classified as that

Are all herdsmen killers?
Are all politicians thieves?

Keep crying sir. It won't change the fact that Nigeria leads in internet fraud in Africa. Nigeria leads in drug peddling in Africa. Nigeria leads in corruption in Africa. Nigeria leads in human trafficking in Africa

Nigeria is a criminal nation.........

NIGERIA IS A CRIMINAL NATION grin grin grin
I'm only sorry for you. I didn't debunk any of your the claims or against it. Nigerians perpetrate fraud, kidnapping and all that. It happens everywhere, even in The USA. The USA are the biggest internet scammers, I've been scammed by a British citizen I worked for online. Did I carry a placard to call Britons scammers?
If you have had a chance to walk and talk amongst people and hear how they grind to make a living, you'll pull off these stvpid comments and cry with them.

Millions of people don't deserve the nonsense you posted just to sound sensible which in turn made you ridiculously look stvpid.

You are obvious a local being. You obviously don't read. People like you are ignorant.

We know there are people who do fraud and other activities in Nigeria, but labeling other hard working people is wrong even if the media does it (which is obviously wrong).

You are just an idiot with internet.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by tsdarkside(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:

go hug something around you....

i am for all african nations separating from each other....

soooo,you are talkin to the wrong nigerian....i dont give 2 flying fvcks about other african nations....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2019
ifyalways:

Exactly .

If this happened in Nigeria, the foreigner will be protected and even promoted, the police force, DSS will fish out who leaked the video and all media houses that published the news will be arm twisted to pull it down.

You cannot blame Ghana for protecting their OWN interest even if its wrong , in this case.

I hope the professor learns from this. The president of the country hes trying to defend travelled to another country to announce that Nigerian Youths are lazy. . .go figure.

You shall live long

Let the emotional babies here keep crying. A country upheld it's law and reputation before anyone's opinion and people are saying shiit grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:
i over watched it. No reasonable country will accept such an inciteful statement.
Tell me the statements you call inciting.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
I'm only sorry for you. I didn't debunk any of your the claims or against it. Nigerians perpetrate fraud, kidnapping and all that. It happens everywhere, even in The USA. The USA are the biggest internet scammers, I've been scammed by a British citizen I worked for online. Did I carry a placard to call Britons scammers?
If you have had a chance to walk and talk amongst people and hear how they grind to make a living, you'll pull off these stvpid comments and cry with them.

Millions of people don't deserve the nonsense you posted just to sound sensible which in turn made you ridiculously look stvpid.

You are obvious a local being. You obviously don't read. People like you are ignorant.

We know there are people who do fraud and other activities in Nigeria, but labeling other hard working people is wrong even if the media does it (which is obviously wrong).

You are just an idiot with internet.

Yen Yen Yen Yen Yen grin grin grin

So there are no hardworking people in Syria, Iraq mad Sudan? Yet you'll still call them terrorist nations

I'd rather be an idiot that see things logically, than be a genius that has thinks with emotions

Nigeria is a criminal nation according to other countries because we have perpetuated more crimes than our counterparts. It has nothing to do with the cleaner on the street, your parents or anybody

If you don't want stigma, stay in your country. The moment you leave here and misbehave, they'll treat you like a criminal and there's nothing your government or your worthless emotions can do about it.

My last response to your tearful mentions. grin

Iti
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by maestroferdi: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
am a Ghanaian and have been following your discussions.Nigeria is a nice country so is Ghana.The prof. was defending his country buh he forgot he went too far.Why do you say you will destroy the image of Ghana when you currently work in Ghana and take our salary.Why do you say it pains you to see Nigerians pay 10,000 dollars as fees in Ghana whilst they refuse to pay 50,000 naira as fees in Nigeria buh you lecture in these same Ghanaian universities as a Nigerian taking dollars as salaries and fat allowances hence jumping from one university to another since 2011 in Ghana.And he says Ghanaian certificates are rubbish and 20% comparable to Nigerian certificates.And when your university finds out this you expect them to say Thank you.When Ghanaian authorities find out you expect them to say Congratulations.He was sacked,arrested and charged for inciting violence and Ghanaians hospitality should not be undervalued
What are you talking about?

The prof is 100% right.

You small neighbours are taking Nigeria's accommodating/cosmopolitan disposition for granted...

How dare Ghanaians disparage Nigeria when they are quite aware that Nigeria can reasonably do without Ghana while the reverse is not necessarily the case? If for example, Nigerians schooling in Ghana were to withdraw their patronage from the educational system in Ghana, will it not have a seismic effect or send shock waves to Ghana?

Why cant you muster the courage to punish offenders without dragging the name of Nigeria to the mud?

Some day the leadership in Nigeria will get it right and send a resounding signal to the small countries who relish casting aspersions on Africa's most important nation...

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Tell me the statements you call inciting.
're you asking me this. Don't you read when he said the present Ghana Goverment came purposely to witch hunt Nigerians and the provoking statement he says about Ghana educational systems fallen below standard.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

Yen Yen Yen Yen Yen grin grin grin

So there are no hardworking people in Syria, Iraq mad Sudan? Yet you'll still call them terrorist nations

I'd rather be an idiot that see things logically, than be a genius that has thinks with emotions

Nigeria is a criminal nation according to other countries because we have perpetuated more crimes than our counterparts. It has nothing to do with the cleaner on the street, your parents or anybody

If you don't want stigma, stay in your country. The moment you leave here and misbehave, they'll treat you like a criminal and there's nothing your government or your worthless emotions can do about it.

My last response to your tearful mentions. grin

Iti
I'm very sure many foreign people don't share the same opinion. I've worked with several internationals and they also don't share this your mumu opinion. If they did, I wouldn't even have a job to do. You own your opinion, a wack opinion that doesn't even matter. You are just a product of failed parenting. Good day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Customs Raid Fraisier Hotels, Impound 11 Vehicles / Precious Chikwendu: Fani-Kayode Hates Igbos / Aisha Yesufu To El-Rufai: "APC Is The 419 Party"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.