Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana (23801 Views)

Federal Gov’t Denies Bailing Peter Obi Out Of Detention In UK / Yoruba Nation Agitators To Protest Against Igboho’s Detention In Cotonou / US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by chrisagyei: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
yes my annoyance with you redenominiting your currency is that you guys make it sound as if your currency just became powerful at of the blue,more like the market forces makes it so.mind you,if we re denominate our currency like you guys did 1cedis would be 70kobo,how about that? well,enough said about the currency exchange rate,lets talk about it true values,economic wise.I am sure you know about PPP in economics.thats purchasing power purity..it has to do with the cost of goods in one country vs cost of the same goods in another country. In this example i will like to use a bottle of coke drink.in Nigeria a bottle of coke is sold for 100naira,equivalent to 1.3 cedis ..In Ghana the same bottle of coke is sold for 3.5cedis..so just by buying in Nigeria will save you 2ghana cedis.this explain why many traders are making money by importing this soft drinks from Nigeria,they buy cheap in Nigeria and sell expensive here in Ghana.This is a fact no one can deny,go to chisco office at circle and confirm if you have any doubt..Now tell me who has a better currency now? The values of currencies are not in the quoted exchange rates,but what they can purchase..i am a currency trader and i know this for a fact..when you talk about extreme poverty i am realy tempted to ask if you have been to norther part of ghana,i mean places like temale.i really don't understand you,are you just being sarcastic or you actually meant it when you said we are poorer than you?you talked about infrastructure..in Shatta wela"s voice,Ghana is a village..thats a quote from your number 1 musician,and rightly so.Is it not shameful that a whole capital city can,t boost of more than 20 5story buildings?please before we continues this baseless argument kindly visit Abuja and see the infrastructural development on ground,you can quote me after..Goodbye
Listen boy,nobody sells coke for 3 cedis 50 pesewas in Ghana.Coke is sold for 1 cedis so is Pepsi also sold for 1 cedis.You can ask your Nigerian friends in Ghana.So your purchasing power is a joke.Our GDP PPP is 170 billion dollars in 2018.Nobody imports products from Nigeria to retail in Ghana.That will be a suicide.All the Nigerian traders and Ghanaian traders mostly bring in cheap imported Togolese products to sell here due to their free ports.Why do you think Dangote told you Nigeria's greatest enemy in terms of trade is Benin Republic.They keep smuggling very cheap imported goods to flood your markets to kill your infant industries.Majority of factories in Nigeria has collapsed or moved to Ghana.Even electricity and water cost will render your production useless.Your ports are soo choked and corrupt before one clears goods from the port,prices more than triple due to huge frustrations.About infrastructural,electricity,water,roads,schools,hospitals,basic amenities,security facilities,etc are what we call infrastructure not storey buildings.Abuja is a white elephant project that serves your greedy politicians and leaders who make up just 1% of Nigeria.Did you know your country is the poverty capital of the World even worse than India with 1.5 billion people.90 million Nigerians are extremely poor.They live on less than 1 dollar a day.Let me show you Accra and see the buildings and city

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
Listen boy,nobody sells coke for 3 cedis 50 pesewas in Ghana.Coke is sold for 1 cedis so is Pepsi also sold for 1 cedis.You can ask your Nigerian friends in Ghana.So your purchasing power is a joke.Our GDP PPP is 170 billion dollars in 2018.Nobody imports products from Nigeria to retail in Ghana.That will be a suicide.All the Nigerian traders and Ghanaian traders mostly bring in cheap imported Togolese products to sell here due to their free ports.Why do you think Dangote told you Nigeria's greatest enemy in terms of trade is Benin Republic.They keep smuggling very cheap imported goods to flood your markets to kill your infant industries.Majority of factories in Nigeria has collapsed or moved to Ghana.Even electricity and water cost will render your production useless.Your ports are soo choked and corrupt before one clears goods from the port,prices more than triple due to huge frustrations.About infrastructural,electricity,water,roads,schools,hospitals,basic amenities,security facilities,etc are what we call infrastructure not storey buildings.Abuja is a white elephant project that serves your greedy politicians and leaders who make up just 1% of Nigeria.Did you know your country is the poverty capital of the World even worse than India with 1.5 billion people.90 million Nigerians are extremely poor.They live on less than 1 dollar a day.Let me show you Accra and see the buildings and city
you are just being obstinate..enlighten urself mate.i toldyou i am here in Ghana,since November 24 2013..no body brings things from Nigeria to see in Ghana?i told you go to chisco office @ circle,opposite VIP motors,seeing is believing so go and see for yourself.let me shock you,i am one of the people that brings goods from Nigeria to sell here in Ghana.you wana confirm?ring me up on 0546918039..

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by chrisagyei: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
you are just being obstinate..enlighten urself mate.i toldyou i am here in Ghana,since November 24 2013..no body brings things from Nigeria to see in Ghana?i told you go to chisco office @ circle,opposite VIP motors,seeing is believing so go and see for yourself.let me shock you,i am one of the people that brings goods from Nigeria to sell here in Ghana.you wana confirm?ring me up on 0546918039..
And listen also,those cheap products entered into your country through Benin Republic and Togo with their free port system.They smuggle goods worth billions of dollars into your country.That's why those cheap Chinese goods are flooded in your country.And since you're in Ghana,tell me where a bottle of coke is sold for 3 cedis 50 pesewas.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Just30: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
And listen also,those cheap products entered into your country through Benin Republic and Togo with their free port system.They smuggle goods worth billions of dollars into your country.That's why those cheap Chinese goods are flooded in your country.And since you're in Ghana,tell me where a bottle of coke is sold for 3 cedis 50 pesewas.
the coke arguement is a useless argument

a bottle of coke is way expensive in the US than Ghana

Disposable income and taxes are what determines the prices of things in countries

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
tstx:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities , University of Lagos , has described as illegal the arrest and detention of a Professor of English, Austin Nwagbara , in Ghana.

ASUU threatened that if anything untoward happened to the don , the Ghanaian government would be held accountable.

Nwagbara was on sabbatical at the University of Education, Winneba , Ghana , when a discussion he reportedly had with some members of the Nigerian community was leaked.

A video clip of the meeting reveals the don berating Ghanaians for mistreating Nigerians despite their contributions to Ghana ’ s economy .
He asked Nigerian media houses to investigate the allegations against the Ghanaian authorities and broadcast to embarrass the government .
After the video went viral , the Winneba University sacked him.

In a statement by the school ’ s registrar , quoted by Ghana -based Starr News , the varsity said the don ’ s sabbatical at the school , which started in October 2018, had been terminated over the controversy.

“ In the said video, Prof . Nwagbara makes several unsavoury , unethical and damning comments about our country , its history as well as its educational system.

“ The university totally dissociates itself from the grossly irresponsible comments and condemns it in no uncertain terms.

“ The university after subjecting Prof . Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara to internal disciplinary process finds him culpable of gross misconduct and has, accordingly , dismissed him , ” the statement said in part.

According to Ghana ’ s Star FM , the Ghana ’ s Majority Leader and Minister for Parliamentary Affairs , Osei Mensah -Bonsu , backed the decision of the university.

“ We can ’ t continue to have such persons in our midst . No country will encourage that sort of a thing in its backyard, ” he said.

The lecturer was said to have been later invited by the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service.

He was reportedly accompanied by the Nigerian High Commissioner in Ghana , Ambassador Micheal Abikoye, and was allegedly subjected to hours of interrogation.

A statement by the Head of the Public Affairs Unit of the CID , DSP Juliana Obeng, said the professor was arrested for “ offensive conduct conducive to the breach of the peace . ”

It added that he was later released on bail.

Colleagues of Nwagbara at the UNILAG said the alleged harassment of the professor was wrong .

The UNILAG ASUU Chairman , Dele Ashiru, in a statement on Thursday , said the union received the reports of his alleged detention with “ anguish . ”
“ It is the opinion of our union that no matter how scathing the views of Professor Nwagbara may be to the authorities of the university at Winneba , the government and people of Ghana , the fact remains that Professor Nwagbara ’ s views should be viewed within the context of academic freedom guaranteed by Article 3 and 4 of the Kampala Declaration on Intellectual Freedom and Social Responsibility which states that
‘ No African intellectual shall in any way be persecuted , harassed or intimidated for reasons only of his or her intellectual work , opinions, gender , nationality or ethnicity.

‘ Every African intellectual shall enjoy the freedom of movement within his or her country and freedom to travel outside and re - enter the country without let , hindrance or harassment. No administrative or any other action shall directly or indirectly restrict this freedom on account of a person ’ s intellectual opinions , beliefs or activity . ’

“ In the light of the above, our union condemns in absolute terms the unwarranted harassment, intimidation and illegal detention of the erudite professor . Our union calls on the authorities of the University of Education, Winneba , relevant government agencies and the people of Ghana to ensure the safety of Professor Nwagbara ’ s life and property .

“ They should take notice that should anything untoward happens to Professor Nwagbara , the authorities of the University of Winneba and the government of Ghana would be held squarely responsible with its reciprocal consequences for Nigeria - Ghana relations and the Ghanaian community in Nigeria , ” he said in the statement .

https://punchng.com/ASUU-opposes-nigeria-profs-sacking-detention-in-ghana/
Lol... I hope they also send similar copy of this letter to boko haram. I can assure them this will be better for the nation than guiding or supporting the prof that is already sober and feel remorseful of his action. My one Kobo.

Empty threat ......
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nanatrendy(f): 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
hustleranthem:
hmm imagine one dollar is almost 6 cedis currently and the nigga just dey run he mouth..Their currency is so useless if u carry 200 cedis e no dey last u 3days sef..ghanains are suffering and this guy just dey quote different baseless figures. If Nigerians leave the country eventually, Accra go turn to Ghost town..go labadi beach on Sunday, who u feel say dey patronize those people pass? But yet na Dem still dey castigate us .
what exactly are you doing in ghana for a living if I may ask?
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nanatrendy(f): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Esseite:

I understand your point, but of late the Ghanian media categorize all Nigerians as criminals while they enjoy the benefits of same Nigerians and Nigeria in their polity..

Give definitive measures to crimes not tag a people criminal just because of a miserable few, that was what the professor was trying to emphasize, and to think the govt would harp on such to advise its media accordingly, it axed the professor.

If we begin to do same to ghanaians as multiple criminal stories have been alleged against them and aswell could be made up as rumours like the ghanian media has done in previous past, would we have good news ever coming of Ghana with our dominating media?.
isn't that the same way you categorize ghanaians in nigeria as shoemakers and puff puff sellers? So basically what you are seen doing is what will be used to label you
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:
Lol... I hope they also send similar copy of this letter to boko haram. I can assure them this will be better for the nation than guiding or supporting the prof that is already sober and feel remorseful of his action. My one Kobo.

Empty threat ......
Listen! Prof has done us a great deal! By creating awareness concerning ur media criminalizing Nigerians in totality over there and urges Nigeria media to reverse it. I put to your notice it's an eye for an eye now! Any physical attack on Nigeria citizen living in Ghana anymore, a reprisal attack also will be carried out on Ghanaians here. The earth is big enough for we all to occupied! be warned Clown.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
Original447:

Listen! Prof has done us a great deal! By creating awareness concerning ur media criminalizing Nigerians in totality over there and urges Nigeria media to reverse it. I put to your notice it's an eye for an eye now! Any physical attack on Nigeria citizen living in Ghana anymore, a reprisal attack also will be carried out on Ghanaians here. The earth is big enough for we all to occupied! be warned Clown.
i am afraid the prof is a disappointment, What he said shows that his professorship is questionable. A professor who doesn't respect facts; a whole professor who says the standard of Nigeria education is better than Ghanaian education; how can you calculate that. His history, his logic is questionable; he is so hollow . . . if this is his level how can he be a professor of a university. This make me understand why resonable Nigerians will want their ward to be educated elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:
i am afraid the prof is a disappointment, What he said shows that his professorship is questionable. A professor who doesn't respect facts; a whole professor who says the standard of Nigeria education is better than Ghanaian education; how can you calculate that. His history, his logic is questionable; he is so hollow . . . if this is his level how can he be a professor of a university. This make me understand why resonable Nigerians will want their ward to be educated elsewhere.

You are entitle to your opinion. his professorship is questionable due to the degree of contempt and prejudice you Ghanaians show to Nigerians on daily basis! for a former vice chancellor of a university and a professor to verbally react to the damage your media has done then you should know it's alarming. damage control has be placed anyway.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
Original447:

You are entitle to your opinion. his professorship is questionable due to the degree of contempt and prejudice you Ghanaians show to Nigerians on daily basis! for a former vice chancellor of a university and a professor to verbally react to the damage your media has done then you should know it's alarming. damage control has be placed anyway.

He belongs to the same tribe that are known in Nigeria for such divisive statement. No sound yoruba or hausa/fulani will make such horrible remark without fact.

The fact is, Nigerians are currently behaving in Ghana just the same way in Europe especially in Germany, many Nigerians who acquired German Passports have got these Passports withdrawn from them because of the criminal activities which they were doing with these Passports and in the end they are now using United Nations Passports because the Nigerian Government/ Embassy refused to grant them Nigerian Passports because they renounced their Nigerian Citizenship as one of the prerequisites for acquiring a German Passport.

I am sorry the professor can only compete with a secondary school graduate in my own opinion. He is too hollow in thinking.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:
He belongs to the same tribe that are known in Nigeria for such divisive statement. No sound yoruba or hausa/fulani will make such horrible remark without fact.

The fact is, Nigerians are currently behaving in Ghana just the same way in Europe especially in Germany, many Nigerians who acquired German Passports have got these Passports withdrawn from them because of the criminal activities which they were doing with these Passports and in the end they are now using United Nations Passports because the Nigerian Government/ Embassy refused to grant them Nigerian Passports because they renounced their Nigerian Citizenship as one of the prerequisites for acquiring a German Passport.

I am sorry the professor can only compete with a secondary school graduate in my own opinion. He is too hollow in thinking.

That is why I entitled you to your opinion! your mindset is totally biased to entire Nigerians. you should be a female I know Ghanaians quite alright because I have lived with them! your people are not saints in anyway! They are into these negative vices also you mentioned home and away and I am certain the passport withdrawal from foreigners in Germany will not exempt them.

Our prof is highly intellectual for you people to suppress him with your constant display of contempt and prejudice! which you expected him because he works under Winneba incompetent university.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Original447:

That is why I entitled you to your opinion! your mindset is totally biased to entire Nigerians. you should be a female I know Ghanaians quite alright because I have lived with them! your people are not saints in anyway! They are into these negative vices also you mentioned home and away and I am certain the passport withdrawal from foreigners in Germany will not exempt them.

Our prof is highly intellectual for you people to suppress him with your constant display of contempt and prejudice! which you expected him because he works under Winneba incompetent university.

You mean the same university he already apply for contract extention? When he was summoned to the disciplinary committee, he claimed the video was doctored and seek for forgiveness. and I said the only thing doctored about the video is his professorship.

Augustine Nwagbara knows no shame. He is just another subversionist and terrorist caught red handed in his scheme to destabilize Ghana.. some Ghanaians who went to teach Nigerians in all areas in the 70s, were burnt alive by emulation while they looked and laughed it off. Do you have your history?

Well Ghanaian will not tolerate any wicked ways from any nationality . Takoradi has shown Nigerians their capacity to deal with rogues. the Tak'di fashion called It "Bottom Tree" . Augustine shame on you once again . So-called "professor" giving out pseudo-fake learning materials about 80% to his students. I blame UEW for apppointing him without interview.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by PetroDollaxxx: 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
Don’t know why nigerians are upset that a stvpid ediot who calls himself a professor has been sacked for running his mouth about a country that fvcking pays his salary. As far as I am concerned, the ediot should spend at least five years in Ghanaian jail before he is deported back to his country. Next time he will talk with sense and not run his mouth like an agbero. Fuckeduppedness cheesy angry grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by PetroDollaxxx: 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Don’t mind th3 ediots. They are talking as if a Ghanaian professor working for the Nigerian government in Nigeria had said half the stvpid things the ediot said, they won’t have done worse to the Ghanaian. We will continue to make Ghana too hot for these terrorists and ingrates grin

vaxx:
You mean the same university he already apply for contract extention? When he was summoned to the disciplinary committee, he claimed the video was doctored and seek for forgiveness. and I said the only thing doctored about the video is his professorship.

Augustine Nwagbara knows no shame. He is just another subversionist and terrorist caught red handed in his scheme to destabilize Ghana.. some Ghanaians who went to teach Nigerians in all areas in the 70s, were burnt alive by emulation while they looked and laughed it off. Do you have your history?

Well Ghanaian will not tolerate any wicked ways from any nationality . Takoradi has shown Nigerians their capacity to deal with rogues. the Tak'di fashion called It "Bottom Tree" . Augustine shame on you once again . So-called "professor" giving out pseudo-fake learning materials about 80% to his students. I blame UEW for apppointing him without interview.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
vaxx:

If you had deduced it from its speech you will understand he is not ready to work with that incompetent university again! Your authority is using his probation period to mock him including your dialectal media that can only broadcast within your shores. ASUU has already issued a warning to winneba university management and your authority that nothing should happen to him or his property which I believe they must obey! Lair

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by romme2u: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2019
ORIJIN201:
You are an idiot without bounds. 200m people cannot be criminal minded. Stop quoting me.

sad

You are giving that daft slowpoke the oxygen to breath.........he likes running around here to air his jaundice opinions thinking he's smart......deny him the attention he's craving for n watch hime wither away

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 1:33am On Jun 22, 2019
chrisagyei:
So the Nigeria traders move goods from Togo to Ghana,and you are not even ashamed to say it.you said cost of water will kill our company,let me remind you that a bag of pure water in Nigeria is 60 Naira,less than 1cedis,but here in Ghana the cheapest is 3.5cedis.you know this is fact.you should be ashamed that we have dominated virtually all your key markets..Banking sector is controlled by Nigeria banks.you guys don't even have a reputable bank,if i am lying please name just one..your real estate is controlled also by Nigerians..you just mentioned Dangote, hope you know he is far richer than Ghana?what exactly can you even be proud off as a Ghanian?Money you don't have.human resource you don't have.Natural resources you don't have..except your rhetoric rhyme of "we have peace"..Charley i am done with you.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 2:12am On Jun 22, 2019
So people are still here arguing? grin
Nigerians are this, Nigerians are that. Ghana is a paradise grin Hope y'all can rest now? cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Ugosample(m): 2:44am On Jun 22, 2019
daddytime:
Don't you guys just wish you would find any Ghanaian lecturer in any of the Nigerian higher institutions to give the tit for tat treatment?

That's how unfortunately low the country has descended.

there are AT LEAST 2 Ghanaian lecturers I know of in private universities in Nigeria

And I'm sure there are others.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2019
Nanatrendy:
isn't that the same way you categorize ghanaians in nigeria as shoemakers and puff puff sellers? So basically what you are seen doing is what will be used to label you

That cannot be regarded as incitement.. we obviously know those are just idle remarks, dont Nigerians have shoemakers and puff puff sellers in very large quantity?..
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Alejobs: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2019
Original447:

If you had deduced it from its speech you will understand he is not ready to work with that incompetent university again! Your authority is using his probation period to mock him including your dialectal media that can only broadcast within your shores. ASUU has already issued a warning to winneba university management and your authority that nothing should happen to him or his property which I believe they must obey! Lair
well, Ghana just show what she is capable of doing when dealing with nuisance and people of insurbordinate character. The prof has been reduce to the lowest level. You can see, no significant intellectual in Ghana reply him becuse they consider his utterances very brute and full of ignorance. Nigeria ASUU ( lagos uni chapter) also shows significant amount of irresponsibility and pseudo exposure to intellect with their letters. Ghana is a sovereign nation and she can't be intimidated by Nigeria talkless of an insignificant institution.

Well, history repeat itself. Ghanaian was also in this mess before in the 70s and 80s in Nigeria during Nigeria oil boom.

Let me live you with a quote.

. "For if you ignore the prospects of others future, tomorrow will come to encircle you in shame"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nanatrendy(f): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Esseite:

That cannot be regarded as incitement.. we obviously know those are just idle remarks, dont Nigerians have shoemakers and puff puff sellers in very large quantity?..
what do you mean by incitement, if you keep making the news for the bad reasons continuously na who cause am? The fact that every country in the world label you same should tell you something. If you cant leave peacefully with Ghanaians then you can't cope with anyone else in the world. As for Ghanaian media they are the loudest in Africa, you have no idea how politicians have suffered in their hands go and ask the ex president , if you decide to disturb our peace they will expose you. They are just doing their job. Everyone on Nairaland knows that most nigerians who go to Ghana go to do crime so where from this hypocrisy if their action are coming to light? I asked one guy above what he was doing in Ghana and he hasn't been able to answer. Tell yourselves the truth for once.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by PetroDollaxxx: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
I guess they are not incitement when it is about other people who are not Nigerians, huh?

Esseite:

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Ikinternational: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
RichBoy247:

Just the same way Igbo media have be lying against Bush and APC after the Igbos were humiliated at the 2015 and 2019 elections. Igbo propaganda won't work in Ghana.

Man stop embarrassing yourself n shut the fuk up.
Grown men are talking
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
vaxx:
well, Ghana just show what she is capable of doing when dealing with nuisance and people of insurbordinate character. The prof has been reduce to the lowest level. You can see, no significant intellectual in Ghana reply him becuse they consider his utterances very brute and full of ignorance. Nigeria ASUU ( lagos uni chapter) also shows significant amount of irresponsibility and pseudo exposure to intellect with their letters. Ghana is a sovereign nation and she can't be intimidated by Nigeria talkless of an insignificant institution.

Well, history repeat itself. Ghanaian was also in this mess before in the 70s and 80s in Nigeria during Nigeria oil boom.

Let me live you with a quote.

. "For if you ignore the prospects of others future, tomorrow will come to encircle you in shame"

Firstly! Your authority has shown their incapability to maintain peace and Order by allowing citizens to take laws into their hands and that will result to a massive breakdown during your coming presidential election. Secondly it's same this authority that has come to realize their loopholes due to profs verbal reaction and warned you Ghanaians including your dialectal media not to attack Nigerians again! How capable are they? UNGRATEFUL LEARNERS THAT WILL NEVER ADMIT IT.

Your incompetent intellectuals will never respond because ASUU has already put to their notice about Kampala declarations intellectual freedom and social responsibility right which covers him.

The prof is an hero in the making and we Nigerians will honor him as soon as he lands our shores.

I will keep calling you lair concerning your history facts! because I know Ghanaians too well! Propaganda is the order of the day among you citizens and your present ruling party NPP to achieve your nefarious acts.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by PetroDollaxxx: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
Just shut up,huh? The Ghana government employed your so-called professor. Now he has been sacked and may even be imprisoned. What is the problem all about? The Government of Ghana hired the individual and can as well fire him. You may want to argue the man didn’t do anything wrong. but that is not how Ghanaians, including myself, see it. So just accept that the Ghana Government That employed the so-called professor, has the right to sack him. End of story. Don’t go about calling Ghanaians names,huh? What do you mean by “incompetent intellectuals “? Are there competent intellectuals in your country? Don’t make me laugh.

Original447:

Firstly! Your authority has shown their incapability to maintain peace and Order by allowing citizens to take laws into their hands and that will result to a massive breakdown during your coming presidential election. Secondly it's same this authority that has come to realize their loopholes due to profs verbal reaction and warned you Ghanaians including your dialectal media not to attack Nigerians again! How capable are they? UNGRATEFUL LEARNERS THAT WILL NEVER ADMIT IT.

Your incompetent intellectuals will never respond because ASUU has already put to their notice about Kampala declarations intellectual freedom and social responsibility right which covers him.

The prof is an hero in the making and we Nigerians will honor him as soon as he lands our shores.

I will keep calling you lair concerning your history facts! because I know Ghanaians too well! Propaganda is the order of the day among you citizens and your present ruling party NPP to achieve your nefarious acts.

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Original447(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
PetroDollaxxx:
Just shut up,huh? The Ghana government employed your so-called professor. Now he has been sacked and may even be imprisoned. What is the problem all about? The Government of Ghana hired the individual and can as well fire him. You may want to argue the man didn’t do anything wrong. but that is not how Ghanaians, including myself, see it. So just accept that the Ghana Government That employed the so-called professor, has the right to sack him. End of story. Don’t go about calling Ghanaians names,huh? What do you mean by “incompetent intellectuals “? Are there competent intellectuals in your country? Don’t make me laugh.

bombastic element like you! Just hide yourself! Did you even read what she wrote about there intellectuals! Where u come from self?
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by vaxx: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Original447:

Well, The only truth I can deduce from his assertion is his grammatical errors. I don’t hold even first degree in English but I speak fluent and coherent English than this so called professor of English. Probably it’s true that he and his compatriots with fake qualifications are contaminating the noble Ghanaian education standards. I am sure the authorities are currently verify his qualifications and I’m cock sure he will prove to be a quack professor.

Ghana was recently nominated as the fourth most peaceful country in Africa and 44th globally(slightly better than UK) and yet you said Ghana Goverment can't maintain peace.! Are you suffering from dysfunctional literacy like your prof? Ghana media and freedom of speech is recently rated the best in africa, yet you nicknamed Ghana media with degraded word. Are you in anyway sane intellectually? Fact and data available suggest you need a quick exposure to factual knowledge instead of propangada.

ASUU doesn't even understands Kampala declaration, Kampala declaration is declaration on academic freedom not divisive statement. I am actually dissapointed in them with such ugly remark, well your half baked prof already reply by admitting that the content of the video does not sit well with the image of any institution and it is not the best thing that a professor of his caliber should do . clearly i don’t see why they are talking about academic freedom in this sense. Maybe for bragging purpose anyway. But anyway the prof had been deal with appropriately just like any sane country will do.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by PetroDollaxxx: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
I understand you4 frustration. But I am not responsible for what you nigerians are going through today,huh?

Original447:

bombastic element like you! Just hide yourself! Did you even read what she wrote about there intellectuals! Where u come from self?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Political Blunders Made By Nigerian Presidential Candidates In 2022 - SR / Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger / Kenneth Okonkwo: "Enugu Local Government Election A Disgrace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.