Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana (23800 Views)

Federal Gov’t Denies Bailing Peter Obi Out Of Detention In UK / Yoruba Nation Agitators To Protest Against Igboho’s Detention In Cotonou / US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

In Africa, Nigeria is a criminal nation.... Let's just accept the truth. It has nothing to do with low self esteem

Nigerians flock into Ghana just to engage in internet fraud. I don't even want to talk about other issues and countries

Nigeria is a criminal nation. I'm Nigerian, and it's the bitter truth
Which means you are criminal since Nigeria is a criminal nation.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
hustleranthem:
God...I had to come out of hibernation mode for this your lie Charlie ..Charlie u dey lie o, I live in Accra, Spintex precisely and all wat u just wrote is Big fat LIES. Jesus! Even my Ghanaian friend for here dey laf..the hunger for this ur country no b small tin for ur fellow ghanians, why u dey lie like this Charlie? The only thing close to the truth in ur article of lies is the 70% health insurance for Ghanaian citizens and it only applies to public hospitals abi u wan tell me say private hospital like darpong dey give free health insurance..Charlie calm down with ur lies abeg. The way u dey hype Ghana make u know say many of us dey the system
grin grin
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Which means you are criminal since Nigeria is a criminal nation.

Yes smiley
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria is a nice country so is Ghana.The prof. was defending his country buh he forgot he went too far.Why do you say you will destroy the image of Ghana when you currently work in Ghana and take our salary.Why do you say it pains you to see Nigerians pay 10,000 dollars as fees in Ghana whilst they refuse to pay 50,000 naira as fees in Nigeria buh you lecture in these same Ghanaian universities as a Nigerian taking dollars as salaries and fat allowances hence jumping from one university to another since 2011 in Ghana.
In the context of this statement, he was criticizing Nigerians for not supporting their universities because of slight increment in fees but they are quick to pay outrageous amount abroad( Ghana).
And he says Ghanaian certificates are rubbish and 20% comparable to Nigerian certificates.And when your university finds out this you expect them to say Thank you
The authorities should have deported him instead of detaining him. If it was a white skin they would have soft pedded but because it is a black man they are proving right.
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
izzou:

Yes smiley
Get lost fake Nigeria grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by hustleranthem(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
lol.you are so funny my guy..truth be told you are a great patriotic Ghanian.less i forget,i have been in Ghana for 6 good years,which means i know Ghana better than you wrongly assumed. i would not want to sound vituperative,so i"ll counter your claims with facts..you claimed 1cedis is about 70 Naira,yes that's how it sound on paper.can you really be honest enough to let the word know how this comes about?well,if you don't know,the Bank of Ghana { BOG]re denominated cedis in 2007,meaning three zeros{000] were taken off your currencies.So in actual fact your 1cedis still remain 1000cedis,until other countries like Nigeria and co do the same to their respective currencies..if you don't understand this,kindly use Google.you claimed 500{5million cedis] is easy to make,but you didn't state how easy it is to spend also.when you talk about free education i guess you are taking about the free SHS that was initiated by this present administration of Nana Akufo-ado?STOP deceiving the public,Nigerians are not gullible like you guys, so don't try too hard to deceive us,we know better.you talked about exportation,you and i know very well that you are joking..what do you have to export?is it the banku or keke that is not sufficient for the nation? are you ignorant of the fact that 90 percent of the food/drinks you guys consume here are shipped in from Nigeria?taking about paying your nursing students,i guess you are un-aware of the fact that even the doctors went on strike recently..Charley stop lying abeg,Ghana is a complete mess.without Nigeria bank your banking sector IS nothing to write home about.in you next post i am convince beyond every reasonable doubt that you will ask why i live here,until then i reserve my reasons.
hmm imagine one dollar is almost 6 cedis currently and the nigga just dey run he mouth..Their currency is so useless if u carry 200 cedis e no dey last u 3days sef..ghanains are suffering and this guy just dey quote different baseless figures. If Nigerians leave the country eventually, Accra go turn to Ghost town..go labadi beach on Sunday, who u feel say dey patronize those people pass? But yet na Dem still dey castigate us .

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by izzou(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Get lost fake Nigeria grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by hustleranthem(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
grin grin
lol my guy no believe that nigga o..The guy lies fit wake Lazarus from grave..Make I tell u, If Nigerians leave Ghana, I just feel sorry for their economy.. Ghana go poor pass Zimbabwe or even Somalia..Come Accra make u see matured Ghana men dey eat banku 1cedi with pepper (shito ) no fish o, suffer won kill Dem..Nigerians wen dey here na dey help their business..eateries, clubs, beach, churches sef Nigerians dey so I just dey look these boys dey laf..if Nigerians leave Ghana, e no go affect us one bit..we can make money anywhere even for hellfire sef, naija man go make money .

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by chrisagyei: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
lol.you are so funny my guy..truth be told you are a great patriotic Ghanian.less i forget,i have been in Ghana for 6 good years,which means i know Ghana better than you wrongly assumed. i would not want to sound vituperative,so i"ll counter your claims with facts..you claimed 1cedis is about 70 Naira,yes that's how it sound on paper.can you really be honest enough to let the word know how this comes about?well,if you don't know,the Bank of Ghana { BOG]re denominated cedis in 2007,meaning three zeros{000] were taken off your currencies.So in actual fact your 1cedis still remain 1000cedis,until other countries like Nigeria and co do the same to their respective currencies..if you don't understand this,kindly use Google.you claimed 500{5million cedis] is easy to make,but you didn't state how easy it is to spend also.when you talk about free education i guess you are taking about the free SHS that was initiated by this present administration of Nana Akufo-ado?STOP deceiving the public,Nigerians are not gullible like you guys, so don't try too hard to deceive us,we know better.you talked about exportation,you and i know very well that you are joking..what do you have to export?is it the banku or keke that is not sufficient for the nation? are you ignorant of the fact that 90 percent of the food/drinks you guys consume here are shipped in from Nigeria?taking about paying your nursing students,i guess you are un-aware of the fact that even the doctors went on strike recently..Charley stop lying abeg,Ghana is a complete mess.without Nigeria bank your banking sector IS nothing to write home about.in you next post i am convince beyond every reasonable doubt that you will ask why i live here,until then i reserve my reasons.
well,I don't understand your annoyance of we redominating our currency.You can redominate if you like.The truth of the matter is 1 cedis is 70 naira.And even that was in 2007 which is about 15 years ago.Yes,we export products.This is the 2018 top ten African export countries and we are number 8 with 17 billion dollars exports for a country of 29 million people compared to your 52 billion dollars export with oil being 80% of it for a country of 200 million people.Yes,free SHS is free.How do we become gullible.Your politicians always take you for a ride since God knows when and you now have the largest extremely poverty population in the World.Your health system is highly unaffordable and very poor and your Human Development index is among the worst in the world upon all this,insecurity is your middle name.Listen,your recession suffering economy with population growth rate higher than economic growth rate is in crisis so know who their citizens are gullible to be lied to.Simple infrastructure such as electricity and water is a luxury for the rich buh you still parade ignorantly shouting Giant of Africa because your leaders told you that.Our currency is far far better than your naira if you care to know.

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by hustleranthem(m): 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
well,I don't understand your annoyance of we redominating our currency.You can redominate if you like.The truth of the matter is 1 cedis is 70 naira.And even that was in 2007 which is about 15 years ago.Yes,we export products.This is the 2018 top ten African export countries and we are number 8 with 17 billion dollars exports for a country of 29 million people compared to your 52 billion dollars export with oil being 80% of it for a country of 200 million people.Yes,free SHS is free.How do we become gullible.Your politicians always take you for a ride since God knows when and you now have the largest extremely poverty population in the World.Your health system is highly unaffordable and very poor and your Human Development index is among the worst in the world upon all this,insecurity is your middle name.Listen,your recession suffering economy with population growth rate higher than economic growth rate is in crisis so know who their citizens are gullible to be lied to.Simple infrastructure such as electricity and water is a luxury for the rich buh you still parade ignorantly shouting Giant of Africa because your leaders told you that.Our currency is far far better than your naira if you care to know.
make Nana Addo employ u as the minister of hyping ..u will do a great job

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by mikeapollo: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
ASUU is not serious!' I wonder if Nigerians actually heard what the man said that made the Ghana university to sack him.

He said: “…Our people will come here and pay $10,000 but they will not pay N20,000 in the University of Lagos … What an average student pays in the University of Lagos in one session to get a degree in English is N12,000. Ghanaians are there paying N12,000… if you ask Nigerians to donate N50,000 naira every year to contribute to that university they will riot but the same Nigerians will come here and pay $10,000 for something 80 percent inferior to Nigeria.”

“I won’t pay 10 percent of that sum for my child to get a degree in a Ghanaian university, I am in the system, I know the quality of education we receive here is 80 percent inferior to what is in Nigeria. I can tell you authoritatively,” he added.

“No Ghanaian degree is 20 percent up to the quality of a Nigerian degree. All our federal universities are better than any universities here. What makes a university? It’s not buildings, it’s not trees, it’s the quality of staff that will recycle and produce others; they don’t have it,” he said.

How do you expect a responsible university or any organization to keep this kind of man on its payroll.? May be in Nigeria, but not in Ghana because they have their integrity and quality to protect.

Meanwhile, the same professor had actually applied for an extension of contract at the same university, and was grandstanding talking recklessly outside because he wanted to be seen as someone special. When will Nigerians learn to respect our host community/nation when we travel outside the country? Someone employs you, pays and provides you with facilities and you say they are inferior because you want to desperately defend some of your brethren that have been caught in criminal acts? It is pathetic how a whole professor could descend so low and talk with reckless abandon!

The Public Relations Officer of the University of Education, Winneba, Ernest Azutiga, told host Kwaku Owusu Adjei aka Patoo on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa FM that he found it hard to understand how Prof. Nwagbara after running down Ghanaian universities still wanted to extend his contract with the UEW.

“What is surprising is that Prof. Nwagbara who denigrated Ghanaian universities had actually applied to have his work stay at the university extended.

“When he appeared before the disciplinary committee he said what had happened was unfortunate. He told the committee that with reference to the video it will take him the rest of his life to defend his statement and that he doesn’t see how he’ll explain things to his children and friends who have called him all over the world in the past few days since the video hit the internet.”

How

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by olisaEze(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
maestroferdi:
We are in it together...

Bro that’s what all these holier-than-thou, government apologists up in NL don’t get, we’re all in this together! The shame is neither for the north nor south but for all Nigerians both at home and in diaspora. Defend ur country against unfounded accusations that’s all the man did.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ORIJIN201(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
hustleranthem:
lol my guy no believe that nigga o..The guy lies fit wake Lazarus from grave..Make I tell u, If Nigerians leave Ghana, I just feel sorry for their economy.. Ghana go poor pass Zimbabwe or even Somalia..Come Accra make u see matured Ghana men dey eat banku 1cedi with pepper (shito ) no fish o, suffer won kill Dem..Nigerians wen dey here na dey help their business..eateries, clubs, beach, churches sef Nigerians dey so I just dey look these boys dey laf..if Nigerians leave Ghana, e no go affect us one bit..we can make money anywhere even for hellfire sef, naija man go make money .
Lmao grin
I really didn't care about their lies. No be me dem dey do. All I'm saying is they should not go against a nation just because of disgraceful acts of a few. I don't care if they shiiite gold. I'm in Nigeria, and I want a better Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by omoplaycool(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
helinues:

See bro, sometimes we deserved those harassment.. Must we wait for foreigners to harrass us before our people can behave well.. They need to stop those poo most especially in Ghana. Imagine, some Nigerians are doing kidnapping business in Ghana.. Kidnapping for Christ sake

If you want to enjoy your life abroad, never associate with Nigerians.. Simple as ABC
You sound educated and that's the more reason I'm ashamed of your comment.. Dangote is a Nigerian. I bet you'd do anything to associate yourself with him in any part of the world. Same goes for other reputable Nigerians.. So you can't make a myopic statement saying the best way to enjoy like abroad is not to associate with Nigeria.. How about you specify the kind of Nigerians one shouldn't associate themselves with when statements like this.....
And by the way, I'd like to remind you that this is a Nigerian Forum.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria
And God bless every hardworking well meaning Nigerian at home and abroad

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
yes my annoyance with you redenominiting your currency is that you guys make it sound as if your currency just became powerful at of the blue,more like the market forces makes it so.mind you,if we re denominate our currency like you guys did 1cedis would be 70kobo,how about that? well,enough said about the currency exchange rate,lets talk about it true values,economic wise.I am sure you know about PPP in economics.thats purchasing power purity..it has to do with the cost of goods in one country vs cost of the same goods in another country. In this example i will like to use a bottle of coke drink.in Nigeria a bottle of coke is sold for 100naira,equivalent to 1.3 cedis ..In Ghana the same bottle of coke is sold for 3.5cedis..so just by buying in Nigeria will save you 2ghana cedis.this explain why many traders are making money by importing this soft drinks from Nigeria,they buy cheap in Nigeria and sell expensive here in Ghana.This is a fact no one can deny,go to chisco office at circle and confirm if you have any doubt..Now tell me who has a better currency now? The values of currencies are not in the quoted exchange rates,but what they can purchase..i am a currency trader and i know this for a fact..when you talk about extreme poverty i am realy tempted to ask if you have been to norther part of ghana,i mean places like temale.i really don't understand you,are you just being sarcastic or you actually meant it when you said we are poorer than you?you talked about infrastructure..in Shatta wela"s voice,Ghana is a village..thats a quote from your number 1 musician,and rightly so.Is it not shameful that a whole capital city can,t boost of more than 20 5story buildings?please before we continues this baseless argument kindly visit Abuja and see the infrastructural development on ground,you can quote me after..Goodbye

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by hustleranthem(m): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Lmao grin
I really didn't care about their lies. No be me dem dey do. All I'm saying is they should not go against a nation just because of disgraceful acts of a few. I don't care if they shiiite gold. I'm in Nigeria, and I want a better Nigeria.
yea bro my prayer is for Nigeria to get better. I am moving back to Naija once my rent expire by december. If the government can just fix power and the security of the country improves, many Nigerians will come back home. So there is nothing special about this place called Ghana, every Nigerian in Ghana is here to hustle nothing more nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Excellentmind: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
chrisagyei:
1 cedis is about 70 naira.It's extremely easily to get or make 1 cedis a minute in Ghana.Our VAT is 20% of any product thus things being expensive over here.Taxes makes up 20% of our revenue.Our country is a socialist society thus we enjoy free compulsory education from kindergarten to Senior high school nationwide even for boarding schools and free meals,free uniforms,free text books and exercise books and everything.We enjoy universal health insurance which covers 70% of Ghanaians in all government hospitals and majority private hospitals.Even foreigners enjoy free national health insurance and free high schools in Ghana.We have the Ghana Youth Employment Authority which employs millions of Ghanaian youths and support them in trade.We highly subsidies our universities,pay our teacher and nursing students nationwide,highly subsidize our farmers with National Planting for food and jobs and exportations,massive social interventions and massive infrastructural projects.If you make 500 cedis in Ghana which is very easy to make and send it to Nigeria,it's a lot of money.

Ordinarily, this comment doesn't deserve a response, but this will further misinform the public if records are not set straight because i have lived and worked in Ghana.

The official currency in Ghana is Cedi/Pesewas. But this currency was totally destroyed by hyper inflation as a result of poor monitory policies of her successive governments. It was so bad that to pay N100,000 equivalent in Cedi would require two ghana-must-go bags, thereby attracting armed rubbery. As a cash economy, payment for an item of value became a burden to both the buyer and seller due to the bulky nature of the amount involved. In some cases, bullion vans would be required to carry the bulky cash to their payment destinations. This of course, became a problem to the government and the people of Ghana. For this reason, financial experts swung into action and came up with a recommendation of "RE-DENOMINATION OF CEDI" just for easy carriage. In 2007, re-denomination policy was implemented and Four zeros (0000) were removed from Cedi and the remnant named "GHANA CEDI" to differentiate the two bank notes.

Please note, that every One Ghana Cedi you come across is Ten Thousand Cedis. Initially, when i arrived in Accra in 2010, i used to exchange N1000 for Ghc9.70 (One thousand Naira for Nine Ghana Cedis and Seventy Pesewas) i.e 1000/9.70=103.09. But today, they exchange at N70.

There is nothing to be proud of in Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ArchAngelos999: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
Esseite:

This is the reason, Chinese would build restaurants in Nigeria and say "No blacks"

Because we have already rejected ourselves.

no blacks ke. where is your evidence
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Walexilee(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
helinues:
So people are talking and ASUU thinks they have moral justifications to comments on this issue?
hey think before typing nw haha Shey your brain small ni
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by ArchAngelos999: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Yyeske(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
yes my annoyance with you redenominiting your currency is that you guys make it sound as if your currency just became powerful at of the blue,more like the market forces makes it so.mind you,if we re denominate our currency like you guys did 1cedis would be 70kobo,how about that? well,enough said about the currency exchange rate,lets talk about it true values,economic wise.I am sure you know about PPP in economics.thats purchasing power purity..it has to do with the cost of goods in one country vs cost of the same goods in another country. In this example i will like to use a bottle of coke drink.in Nigeria a bottle of coke is sold for 100naira,equivalent to 1.3 cedis ..In Ghana the same bottle of coke is sold for 3.5cedis..so just by buying in Nigeria will save you 2ghana cedis.this explain why many traders are making money by importing this soft drinks from Nigeria,they buy cheap in Nigeria and sell expensive here in Ghana.This is a fact no one can deny,go to chisco office at circle and confirm if you have any doubt..Now tell me who has a better currency now? The values of currencies are not in the quoted exchange rates,but what they can purchase..i am a currency trader and i know this for a fact..when you talk about extreme poverty i am realy tempted to ask if you have been to norther part of ghana,i mean places like temale.i really don't understand you,are you just being sarcastic or you actually meant it when you said we are poorer than you?you talked about infrastructure..in Shatta wela"s voice,Ghana is a village..thats a quote from your number 1 musician,and rightly so.Is it not shameful that a whole capital city can,t boost of more than 20 5story buildings?please before we continues this baseless argument kindly visit Abuja and see the infrastructural development on ground,you can quote me after..Goodbye
Remind that person you quoted that the South Korean won is about 1,160 to a US dollar, ask him if that means the Ghanaian economy is stronger and their currency is more traded internationally than that of South Korea?

When Ghana redenominated the cedi, it was about 90 pesewas to a dollar but it has really depreciated to about 6 cedis to a dollar and he's not even ashamed about it, not even the naira depreciated like that.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yyeske:
Remind that person you quoted that the South Korean won is about 1,160 to a US dollar, ask him if that means the Ghanaian economy is stronger and their currency is more traded internationally than that of South Korea?

When Ghana redenominated the cedi, it was about 90 pesewas to a dollar but it has really depreciated to about 6 cedis to a dollar and he's not even ashamed about it, not even the naira depreciated like that.
my brother don"t mind him.they keep bragging with their currency as if we don't know what happened..THEY HATE BEEN CONFRONTED WITH FACTS.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Walexilee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ironi:
Bleep ASUU or whatever they are , any Nigerian wakes up and develops the audacity to threaten Ghana. This shithead of a professor or whatever he calls himself should count himself lucky because if he comes to create problems, Ghana would bring the full force of their laws on his stupid head.

Ghana is a sovereign nation and every Nigerian should remember that.

Ghana has been accommodating to a lot of nonsense from Nigeria and it’s gradually getting there .
see rubbish wey this one dey talk you no get sense fool
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Okoroawusa: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Notatribalist:
You make me proud being a Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Okoroawusa:

You make me proud being a Nigerian
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by Notatribalist(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Excellentmind:

Ordinarily, this comment doesn't deserve a response, but this will further misinform the public if records are not set straight because i have lived and worked in Ghana.

The official currency in Ghana is Cedi/Pesewas. But this currency was totally destroyed by hyper inflation as a result of poor monitory policies of her successive governments. It was so bad that to pay N100,000 equivalent in Cedi would require two ghana-must-go bags, thereby attracting armed rubbery. As a cash economy, payment for an item of value became a burden to both the buyer and seller due to the bulky nature of the amount involved. In some cases, bullion vans would be required to carry the bulky cash to their payment destinations. This of course, became a problem to the government and the people of Ghana. For this reason, financial experts swarmed into action and came up with a recommendation of "RE-DENOMINATION OF CEDI" just for easy carriage. In 2007, re-denomination policy was implemented and Four zeros (0000) were removed from Cedi and the remnant named "GHANA CEDI" to differentiate the two bank notes.

Please note, that every One Ghana Cedi you come across is Ten Thousand Cedis. Initially, when i arrived in Accra in 2010, i used to exchange N1000 for Ghc9.70 (One thousand Naira for Nine Ghana Cedis and Seventy Pesewas) i.e 1000/9.70=103.09. But today, they exchange at N70.

God bless you.. I have written similar post just to enlighten our people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by rampantlover: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Our country our laws...if you dont like it you better leave to your zoo. grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by rampantlover: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
All these stupid Nigerians ranting about how Ghanaians hate them so much, just ask them why are they not leaving Ghana if they feel threatened and vulnerable and you will never get an answer to that question grin grin grin grin grin I wonder why. Ungrateful people grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by mikeapollo: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Excellentmind:

The official currency in Ghana is Cedi/Pesewas. But this currency was totally destroyed by hyper inflation as a result of poor monitory policies of her successive governments. It was so bad that to pay N100,000 equivalent in Cedi would require two ghana-must-go bags, thereby attracting armed rubbery. As a cash economy, payment for an item of value became a burden to both the buyer and seller due to the bulky nature of the amount involved. In some cases, bullion vans would be required to carry the bulky cash to their payment destinations. This of course, became a problem to the government and the people of Ghana. For this reason, financial experts swarmed into action and came up with a recommendation of "RE-DENOMINATION OF CEDI" just for easy carriage. In 2007, re-denomination policy was implemented and Four zeros (0000) were removed from Cedi and the remnant named "GHANA CEDI" to differentiate the two bank notes.

Nonsense!
Do you exchange that Naira was also 75k to the USD in the early 1980s?
So what it is to be proud of in Nigeria? Can Nigeria boost of electricity and water for its people?
Ghanaians are okay with the little they have with peace of mind, freedom and security! That is a country where taxis and buses move around 24/7. You can get a taxi at 2am or 1am midnight. Do you have such in Nigeria.
You rather think about how almost every country is complaining about the sickening attitude and criminality of Nigerians in diaspora!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana by chrisagyei: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
Excellentmind:

The official currency in Ghana is Cedi/Pesewas. But this currency was totally destroyed by hyper inflation as a result of poor monitory policies of her successive governments. It was so bad that to pay N100,000 equivalent in Cedi would require two ghana-must-go bags, thereby attracting armed rubbery. As a cash economy, payment for an item of value became a burden to both the buyer and seller due to the bulky nature of the amount involved. In some cases, bullion vans would be required to carry the bulky cash to their payment destinations. This of course, became a problem to the government and the people of Ghana. For this reason, financial experts swung into action and came up with a recommendation of "RE-DENOMINATION OF CEDI" just for easy carriage. In 2007, re-denomination policy was implemented and Four zeros (0000) were removed from Cedi and the remnant named "GHANA CEDI" to differentiate the two bank notes.

what you should know is 1 cedis is 70 naira.That's a fact.There's no currency used in Ghana aside the Ghana cedis and you can't change the fact besides we are not the first or only country to redominate our currency.Germany,Argentina,Brazil,Denmark,Taiwan,Turkey,etc all redominated their currencies and your miserable country is not better than any of them.Who cares if you once lived in Ghana,I am a Ghanaian so you can't teach me how my country works.Your economy is a pity with population growth rate higher than the economic growth rate,that's abnormal.Your currency started in the 70s and 80s as 1 pounds or dollar to 1 naira and even in 2016,two years ago,it was 197 naira to a dollar buh fast forward to now,it's about 400 naira to a dollar now.Tell me about your inflation and useless currency that is dead as hell.Can you carry 300 thousand naira in a purse or 2 million naira in a bag.You use bullion vans and huge sacs to load your currencies now and you are here talking about 2007 which is about 15 years ago,what happened in Ghana.1 cedi is about 70 naira and that's a fact.You think in 2008 and Yaradua era your leaders didn't plan on redominating your toilet paper currency.Go and check.It's still in your plans.Your kobo is useless now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ganduje’s Chief Of Staff, Ali Makoda, Resigns, Dumps APC & Joins NNPP / Picture Of Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu, Rufai, And Ganduje At The Bussiness Sumit / Airstrikes Mistakenly Kill 11 Soldiers, 7 Zamfara Villagers, Injure 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.