Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police (27847 Views)

Eze Napoleon Amadi Killed By His Wife Gladys Amadi In Rivers State (Photos) / Taxi Driver Robbed And Killed In Abuja, One Of The Robbers Arrested / OFFA BANK ROBBERY: Pictures Of One Of The Robbers And Wife!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by GistmoreNG: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2019
GistMore.com

An investigation by the Rivers state Police command has revealed that Professor Emmanuel Amadi, the lecturer in the Department of Microbiology, Rivers state University, who was murdered in his home in Rumuolumeni in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state on Wednesday June 19th, was killed after he recognised one of the robbers that attacked his home.

The spokesperson of the state police command, Nnamdi Omoni, who made this known to newsmen in Port Harcourt, the state capital, said the academician recognised one of the robbers during a robbery attack in his home. In a bid to stop him from exposing them, the robbers hit him on the head with an iron rod. The lecturer was rushed to the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

We can confirm the sad incident of the murder of Prof. E. N. Amadi of the Rivers State University. Prof. Amadi was murdered on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at about 4am when armed robbers attacked his house. He was able to identify one of them (robbers) and because he was able to identify one of them, they came back and hit him with a rod they were holding and the man fainted.

His younger brother, Loveday, rushed him to the UPTH, where he gave up the ghost. It was after then that the family came to us to officially lodge a complaint at the Rumuolumeni Police Station about the incident. Our men immediately went to the hospital to identify the corpse.

As we speak, the corpse has been deposited in the mortuary and an investigation has been ordered by the Commissioner of Police to unravel the circumstances and brain behind the lecturer’s murder,” Omoni said

See more here; http://gistmore.com/rivers-university-lecturer-killed-because-he-recognized-one-of-the-robbers-police-says

1 Like

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by success1smyn(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2019
Rip

security in nigeria has become something else. May the good lord continue to protect us from the men of the underworld.

16 Likes

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by bunmconig(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2019
hmmmmm! how the police take know? something is fishy here....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Davash222(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2019
bunmconig:
Maybe the man's ghost appeared to the Police and informed them.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by bunmconig(m): 9:58am On Jun 21, 2019
Davash222:
Maybe the man ghost appeared to the Police and informed them.
I seeee, just like I used to watch it in nollywood movies. okaaaaayyyyy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Kingosytex(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2019
R.I.P to the man!!

the killers must surely be brought to book... AMEN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Eazie351(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
God rest his soul.... 148th on the list of most peaceful countries... we're a joke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
PEOPLE should start packing out of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Yakade(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Sorry comrade
Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
If that is true, he is not a smart professor.
Which smart person claims to recognise a robber on mask during robbery...
He killed himself...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by BluntBoy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
bunmconig:

Obviously from eyewitnesses's accounts. That is why police question those who witness crimes.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by sapientia(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
If a nation fails.

These kind of news becomes daily affair.

Bad news is no more surpising in Nigeria.

Actually, when I see stories of bandits and herdsmen, I read it only to be sure its not repetition.

When the economy is taking a nose dive into abyss.

Truth is.

Buhari and APC are helpless.

I can't believe they do not want to solve all these problems cos they are not demons.

Talk of being super confused.
Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Mekanus(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
How the Fu^ck did they come about this story
Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
Na wa
Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
For those asking how did the Police know..

1.Prof was probably not the only person in the house

2.Probably the other persons or persons witnessed the circumstances leading to the shooting.

3.Alternatively, a police informant probably provided the information.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Btruth: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
success1smyn:
Rip

security in nigeria has become something else. May the good lord continue to protect us from the men of the underworld.
Not only security. Everything don spoil finish. I'm on a trip to Badagry now. You need to see the state of the roads. It's sickening.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by deltateam: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
He killed himself...

Don't be silly. Is it not possible for 2 people to recognise each other? Even if one of them was to pretend, would you assume the other as stupid?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by sapientia(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
tactius:
For those asking how did the Police know..

1.Prof was probably not the only person in the house

2.Probably the other persons or persons witnessed the circumstances leading to the shooting.

3.Alternatively, a police informant probably provided the information.

With the way our police work

You may not be wrong in all.

1 Like

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
bunmconig:
READ BETWEEN THE LINE.HIS FAMILY MEMBERS WERE THERE DURING THE ROBBERY INCIDENT.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by KINGJAJA888(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
lipsrsealed Sometimes SiLence is golden. He'll have just pretend ND kept Quiet rather dan Scream he knew dem so as to save his life.

1 Like

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by NOC1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
lipsrsealed Sometimes SiLence is golden. He'll have just pretend ND kept Quiet rather dan Scream he knew dem so as to save his life.

hmm, Maybe he did not even talk, some years back i was in a friend house when Armed robbers attacked us, when the broke in one of them shouted on me not to raise my head because he knows me, he called me my nickname so that i will know that he knows me to well, he went further to ask me what i was doing there because it is not my house. he pleaded over and over again that i should not try to make a move and i never did.
after some weeks, him and his gangs were apprehended and the thief happened to be a coursemate who is ahead of me, his house is opposite my own, we play ball together on weekends, sometimes we drive out to drink etc.
Imagine if i happen to see him, when they broke in or he felt i have seen him, i would have been a dead man. I give all glory to God almighty

31 Likes

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by holyman247: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
what is this world turning to? guys please visit @ejirosplacenspa for anything relating to skin care product
Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by mytime24(f): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Zoo

1 Like

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by JuanDeDios: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
He killed himself...
If you recognise someone is it not likely the person would also recognise you?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. E. N. Amadi Killed Because He Recognized One Of The Robbers– Police by desiredhome: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kingosytex:
R.I.P to the man!!

the killers must surely be brought to book... AMEN

Since the killings have been going on in the state, how many have they brought to book? instead of punishing criminals they keep rewarding them, by next elections they will still enforce these criminals for their dirty jobs. Who are the the people sponsoring these criminals?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Of Three Steals Goat In Osun (Picture) / Landlords Storm Police Command, Report Suspected Homosexual Rapist / Man Stabs Apprentice To Death In Lagos Over N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.