Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,830 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (37692 Views)

How Can I Fight Depression? / Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression / Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:36am On Jun 23, 2019
theButterfly:
Don't compare yourself to others.

Wisdom
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:37am On Jun 23, 2019
noble2faith:
Get closer to God and study your Bible very well. Believe me when I say depression will never have its way in your life.

Words of wisdom
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Sluacoast:
. Yeah you are right. Poverty is actually not the cause of it all. But let's say the truth to ourselves. We all know the primary reasons why people opt to commit suicide in Nigeria . Majority of them are relatively related to high rate of hardship in our country. We are suffering. So some opt to commit suicide in order to end their miserable lives.

You're wrong. What we usually see is suicides caused by heart breaks and other emotional problems like failure in schools, divorce or separation, post mortem depression et al. It's weird because many of us usually think it should be due to financial issues but we are very emotional people here
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by ogene144(m): 6:03am On Jun 23, 2019
Pavore9:

Very wrong. Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade etc were people who were not struggling for the daily basics of life.
Those ones na their Village people sit on their matters,my own depression na money cause am oooooo..
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by MadCow1: 6:07am On Jun 23, 2019
chibu4u2:
Avoid isolation and try confiding or opening up to ur parents/loved ones. Shikina!!

What about when your parents are the root cause of your depression?

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AngelicBeing: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Keep deceiving yourself
Buzz off, fúçk off, you daughter of jezebel, trolling men on Nairaland to give you peanuts, the same way you trolled the other guy based in China and he disgraced you in travel section that he is not interested in your whorish life, and you have carried your smelling body trolling me, If you don't back off from me on Nairaland, l will disgrace your miserable life, go hawk your rotten body at different clubs in Nigeria , I am not interested in you, continue trolling my comments, l don't even know if you exist and neither will l succumb to what you want, l am not on Nairaland looking for a woman and even if I want a woman, you don't qualify to mop my house in Nigeria
as far as I am concerned, you are a write off and a disgrace to humanity , now run along, go end your maggot infested life, rubbish .

cc Ugosample / Beautyaddy, you people should warn this demented miscreant that is bleeding all over my comments to back off from me or else I will disgrace her on this platform, l am not interested in her, Na by force, I say l am not interested and I will never be interested in you in a trillion years angry
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by MrHighSea: 6:44am On Jun 23, 2019
noble2faith:
Get closer to God and study your Bible very well. Believe me when I say depression will never have its way in your life.
That's why bible scholars, bible spiritualists, bible theologians, bible other ish never get depressed.
SMH
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2019
THOSE ARE NOT WHAT CAUSED DEPRESSION IN NIGERIA

NIGERIA HAS NEVER WORK AND WILL NEVER WORK

They have more for my Igbo brothers....there will soon be random seizing of our containers soon
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by MrHighSea: 6:55am On Jun 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Buzz off, fúçk off, you daughter of jezebel, trolling men on Nairaland to give you peanuts, the same way you trolled the other guy based in China and he disgraced you in travel section that he is not interested in your whorish life, and you have carried your smelling body trolling me, If you don't back off from me on Nairaland, l will disgrace your miserable life, go hawk your rotten body at different clubs in Nigeria , I am not interested in you, continue trolling my comments l don't even know if you exist and neither will l succumb to what you want, l am not on Nairaland looking for a woman and even if I want a woman, you don't qualify to mop my house in Nigeria
as far as I am concerned, you are a write off and a disgrace to humanity is , now run along, go end your maggot infested life, rubbish .

cc Ugosample / Beautyaddy, you people should warn this demented miscrean that is bleeding all over my comments to back off from me or else I will disgrace her on this platform, l am not interested in her, Na by force, I say l am not interested and I will never be interested in you in a trillion years angry

Hawk your rotten body...jeez
Dnt encourage depression.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Brain101: 6:57am On Jun 23, 2019
So rich people can’t be depressed abi
TundeeednuT:
Issa lie..

Anyone who's depressed has no cure expect money.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by SaturnNick(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2019
Nopanties:
Wetin be Mush sex?
Na west sider na
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AngelicBeing: 6:58am On Jun 23, 2019
MrHighSea:

Hawk your rotten body...jeez
Dnt encourage depression.
That idiot has been trolling me on Nairaland and I have told her several times that I am not interested, but she has refused to back off, she is a demented online miscreants and she should buzz off sad

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by SaturnNick(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2019
billionman:
I struggled to read the writeup. Please OP do well to edit and proofread your post before posting. Most Nigerians are depressed, even the rich. The good thing is that most of us adapt/readjust quickly to reality. Unfortunately, some find it difficult to adapt and opt for the easy way out.
I was discouraged to read too... So came straight to comments
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by SaturnNick(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2019
lonelydora:
Any depressed person who wants to buy N500 sniper should first think of buying 2 bottles of cold beer and drink away their worries.
kai kai sef dey na
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by SaturnNick(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2019
ichidodo:
You feel depressed? Take Anti-depressants. End of Discussion.
e.g
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by themonk(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2019
xendra:
yet his post explains the situation better than you
I’m not in your religious and spiritual bandwagon please quote someone else.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Buzz off, fúçk off, you daughter of jezebel, trolling men on Nairaland to give you peanuts, the same way you trolled the other guy based in China and he disgraced you in travel section that he is not interested in your whorish life, and you have carried your smelling body trolling me, If you don't back off from me on Nairaland, l will disgrace your miserable life, go hawk your rotten body at different clubs in Nigeria , I am not interested in you, continue trolling my comments, l don't even know if you exist and neither will l succumb to what you want, l am not on Nairaland looking for a woman and even if I want a woman, you don't qualify to mop my house in Nigeria
as far as I am concerned, you are a write off and a disgrace to humanity , now run along, go end your maggot infested life, rubbish .

cc Ugosample / Beautyaddy, you people should warn this demented miscreant that is bleeding all over my comments to back off from me or else I will disgrace her on this platform, l am not interested in her, Na by force, I say l am not interested and I will never be interested in you in a trillion years angry

Seun, dommique, lalasticlala, justwise, I don't understand why this fellow just broke rule 2 , this is serious o grin grin
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Jaqenhghar: 7:13am On Jun 23, 2019
Only in Niggeria. A nigger who doesnt understand what depression is wants to advice people on how to manage it. SMH

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2019
Haymaykar:
8. Sniper
take it and cool off morafucker
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AngelicBeing: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Seun, dommique, lalasticlala, justwise, I don't understand why this fellow just broke rule 2 , this is serious o grin grin
The day you stop trolling my comments on Nairaland, you will be free, as long as you keep bleeding with your rotten pad all over my comments, l am ready for you, now run along with your miserable life, the guy in China and other guys in travel section that you tried to lure have disgraced you already and I will do the same thing to you, rubbish angry
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Jaqenhghar: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2019
themonk:

Something that has been studied for many years and backed up with working evidence. Depressed people have been treated or managed without them visiting a church or knowing a pastor.
Dont bother educating them. Then they wonder why they are so far behind the rest of the world.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
The day you stop trolling my comments on Nairaland, you will be free, as long as you keep bleeding with your rotten pad all over my comments, l am ready for you, now run along with your miserable life angry

You're imagining things kid cheesy
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AngelicBeing: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:

My brain is full of kaka, I need money for books and to start my fashion business cheesy
Go hawk your body and buzz off, remember to use a Cologne because of your body odor grin
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by themonk(m): 7:24am On Jun 23, 2019
Built2last:

Your problem is comprehension. Did I mention pastor or church in my post?

Man is a tripartite being. Spirit, Soul and body.

Why am I wasting energy self.
What has this unverifiable information about man being a tripartite being got to do with depression?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 23, 2019
Depression is real if u have been there u will understand.

in Nigeria depression is caused by our so xall leaders
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by dia4iam(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2019
Depression like anger is a normal feeling that anyone could find himself in at one point or the other. It is very normal like I said, and it is how one reacts to it that leads one on to suicide or resets one to stability. There are so many triggers for depression but I think depression will not proceed without a catalyst, which is being over-analytic. I think the first step to combating depression is taking a breather from whatever is making one depressed in the first place and if it hurts too deeply, talking to a more experienced person, or anybody at all within reach.

More importantly, one should always remember that life is not meant to be an army of one, we are here for all of us. So, it is important to reach out for support when we are drowning. Nobody has it all figured out, and a problem shared is half-solved.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AngelicBeing: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:

How did you arrive at this conclusion?
He is right, counter his assertion and stop been a miscreant online looking for men to give you peanuts, poverty and lack of finance is amongst the causes of depression, olodo grin
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by yomi007k(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2019
Notatribalist:
But you end up not proffering a solution..yes u actually capture the real symptoms of depression.But what i want you to understand is depressed people don't commit suicide because they want to end their lives,but they do it just to end their suffering..If you have never been depressed is very difficult to understand what the depressed are going through.This year makes it 11years since i got depressed.it may surprise you to know that for this this 11years i have never felt happy for 1 minute..i lost interest in all the activities i once enjoy a lot.so tell me,am i actually living a life? Though i will never commit suicide but such action would never mean ending my life,because the life is already miserable....But like i said,no suicide for me,i have been fighting,i will continue to fight..Anyway thanks for remembering us.
How do you fight yours?
These days fighting is not even easy for me. embarassed
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by meetmeonline: 7:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Built2last:
Depression is a spirit that starts with talking to your head. Once you keep quiet, suicide is the last stage

Pls don't let anyone make you feel stupid here, YOU ARE VERY CORRECT!!!

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Ode how is he right? grin he hasn't given any evidence to back up his statement nah only a dumb person like u will believe things that aren't proved

10 Funny Answers To Common Nigerian silly Questions / Benue Buries Tanker Fire Victims (Graphic Photo) / I present to you MY HERO!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59