Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me (873 Views)

I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! / I Find It Hard Expressing Myself And It Is Killing Me / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Mac012: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pls help, I am deeply introverted, I can't mix and socialize with people, in fact I tend to run away from people. When in the midst of colleagues, don't know how to flow with conversation. This has made me to be perceived as dull and slow. I could stay a whole day and my phone doesn't ring. Its eating me up because am lonely. I don't know what to do to blend into the society, always keeping to myself
Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Jmk9292(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
I hope ur not too religious and pious?
Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Hardrive(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
You need to have a change of mindset. Think back to the time when you were a child who could mix freely with other kids and ask yourself, what you did then that you are not doing now.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by lilmax(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
there's nothing wrong with you

your problem is you care about what people think about you and will affect your confidence

you're just introverted, you killed nobody

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Op i don't think you have any problem, as far as you are not hurting anybody. Just try and make yourself happy, do whatever makes you feel good and above all try and share your thought with people close to you.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by ThothHermes: 12:47am On Jun 23, 2019
I am an introvert when I can't find like minds.
All you should do is find people with similar interests.
You'll get over it.

Do you work/school?

4 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by ifyalways(f): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2019
lilmax:
there's nothing wrong with you

your problem is you care about what people think about you and will affect your confidence

you're just introverted, you killed nobody

Touche

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Spechialone(f): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2019
Dear Op, that's the age and times we find ourselves in, don't take it personal. But you have to put a little effort since you're an introvert. If you still live in the area you grew up in, try and visit your old school friends, cousins, siblings church members, etc. Surely there must be one who likes gist like moi.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by sisisioge: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2019
Oga, since you feel bad about this whole thing, then make conscious efforts to mix with people. Start with your neighbors or the vendors you deal with one way or the other...no one will bite you.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Mac012: 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Thanks I appreciate all your comments
Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by Graduateacher(f): 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Mac012:
Pls help, I am deeply introverted, I can't mix and socialize with people, in fact I tend to run away from people. When in the midst of colleagues, don't know how to flow with conversation. This has made me to be perceived as dull and slow. I could stay a whole day and my phone doesn't ring. Its eating me up because am lonely. I don't know what to do to blend into the society, always keeping to myself

Be happy with yourself, that's all.
Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by missimelda01(f): 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
I'm an extrovert but sometimes i feel that way too, especially when I'm in the wrong environment.

Since it's giving you concern, I'll advice you go for hangouts, parties and the rest.. it's easier to make random friends from there, with time you'll filter them and keep the good ones.

P.S there's nothing wrong with your phone not ringing, as long as you're making money somehow. For most people, calls come from only their spouses except business calls.
Re: Depressed: My Introversion Is Killing Me by kapelvej: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2019
Mac012:
hmmmm, sounds like social phobia. You will need a good ciouncellor

(1) (Reply)

I Will Marry A Northerner, Likely. / Pretty Lady Recounts What A Good Joystick Can Do To Her / God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.