Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Does The Bible Support Stealing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Stealing? (343 Views)

Pastor In Video Marries 4 Ladies Who Are All Virgins At Once, Says Bible Support / Doesn't The Bible Support Slavery? / SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Bible Support Stealing? by Liliyann(f): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
Does The Bible Support Stealing?

It is quite unfortunate, that the society in which we live in, now supports those that steal, defraud others and are into what is known as yahoo yahoo, they even go as far as celebrating them and sees nothing wrong in it. Thus discouraging honest workers from performing their work. Our God, has given us command on why it isn't good to steal or take what does not belong to us.

What are the biblical Stand On Stealing?

The bible says in Ephesians 6:28
"He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need.

Mark10:19 says "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

Leviticus19:11 admonishes us that "You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another".

Why Should I Not Steal?

1. God has commanded us not to steal.Ephesians 6:28

2. There is an inner joy and happiness that you get when you work for something knowing that you have put in your best. Ps128:2 says You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you.

3. There is dignity in labour. No matter how little the work you are doing is, as long as it is legal and acceptable in the eyes of the law and God, we should always be proud of it.

Lastly, the bible makes us to understand in proverbs10:2 that ill gotten treasures have no lasting value but righteousness delivers from death. Let he that steal, steal no more but work so as to be blessed.

Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Does The Bible Support Stealing? by Satan66(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
But the bible supports slavery.

There's barely any difference.

Re: Does The Bible Support Stealing? by Deicide: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
It supports stealing! Jesus and his disciples q went into someone's farm and started plucking the fruit in it without permission from the owner. Justifying his actions by saying the lord owns all things. Which is true in some way basically I don't need to buy any land I just pick on and build houses on top it's not like the government could do anything about it since the lord owns it. grin

(1) (Reply)

Military Personnel That Died In Active Service Do They Go To Hell Or Paradise? / I Don’t Care That I’m Called Antichrist —freeze / Fani Kayode Fires Hard On Attackers Of COZA Pastor Fatoyinbo With Revelations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.