Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times (30800 Views)

Constitution Alteration Bill: 35 Items To Be Transmitted To Buhari For Assent / INEC Chairman Admits Sending Presidential Results To Central Server During Poll / VIDEO: INEC Chairman Admits Sending Presidential Results To Central Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by frankson1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
tuniski:

You still dont get. it is not about voting. [b]Voting was done manually and the result collated manually, right? After that the manually collated results were then transmitted to the central server using the card reader which is enabled to do that.[/b]

The transmitted result was the remote control used to manipulated Osun election. Cos they already knew centrally that Adeleke won marginally, they then went to work disrupting and canceling some units to create an inconclusive outcome.

Yeah, you're very correct when you say voting was done manually and the result also collated manually. But you're not correct when you say the results were transmitted electronically using the SCR. I was with the POs and I did everything and made sure my calculation was correct before sending. I worked with INEC tech guys where I'm confused.
There is no provision on the SCRs to state the results of each of the political parties.

I REPEAT, RESULTS WERE NOT TRANSMITTED TO ANY SERVER.

IT WASN'T THE RESULT THAT WAS TRANSMITTED.

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by billbonesmd(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
Why u de apply excess knowledge for naija matter.
Abeg use ur time go do better thing.. As for 9ja, very soon sniper go be scarce commodity
Enice:
can someone explain why any POS will display ur data just by inserting ur ATM card but a SCR will not display sh!t if you go outside the area you registered? because the POS is connected to a server while the SCR is not. it is just a memory card with voters data. it is a stand alone that you take to a computer to download info from. j
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Halo22: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
You can only hide the truth but for a while.... I have said it earlier than now that Atiku must reclaim his mandate for good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by jaxxy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
Yakubu is a scam that’s just the truth and also a weakling who allowed the ruling party intimidate him into shameless mass rigging and now he’s can’t even explain his functions properly anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by BabaO2: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
tuniski:

Wrong you can win presidency without winning majority in NASS. Just like in Sokoto,Bauchi Where pdp won guber but, apc had majority in state assemblies.
reason why the results of those states were so contentious and very close. It is not the same with presidential, and all indicators are distinctly clear

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tuniski: 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
frankson1:

In my unit voting wasn't done manually. Infact, I had two SCRs should one fail. The POs did everything and made sure the calculations was correct before sending.I worked with INEC tech guys where I'm confused.
There is no provision on the SCRs to state the results of each of the political parties.
Why is it difficult for you to understand? Let me explain to you again; accreditation was done by the card reader and it is mandatory. If the card reader fails to authenticate your PVC you can't validly vote.
However, after the card reader has accredited you, you are then given a ballot paper to vote manually. At the end of the voting, the ballot papers are sorted and results collated manually.

It is after this phase that the results as collated manually are then transmitted to the central server using same card reader by the E-transmission (the inec official empowered to do so)

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by nasirujj(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
PDP Nawa ooo, several inec staffs not all, the facts is that even the deaf and blind knows that Resut was collated manually and also announced manually. Which one is several again

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Mightyodi: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Enice:
can someone explain why any POS will display ur data just by inserting ur ATM card but a SCR will not display sh!t if you go outside the area you registered? because the POS is connected to a server while the SCR is not. it is just a memory card with voters data. it is a stand alone that you take to a computer to download info from. j

My friend do not come and decieve people who don't have sufficient knowledge in this knowledge area. Your answer shows you are smart by half. You are saying it is a memory card that was inserted in smart card reader.
My question to you? Do they reconfigure memory card. Because when card readers was destroyed in Anambra State prior to elections, new ones were brought in and reconfigured. It is only a device that synchronizes data from a remote stored location that is reconfigured

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tuniski: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
BabaO2:
reason why the results of those states were so contentious and very close. It is not the same with presidential, and all indicators are distinctly clear

Same reason why the presidential election results are now being so contentious. Do you get it?

PDP is claiming it won the presidency regardless of NASS election which is very possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by frankson1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
tuniski:

Why is it difficult for you to understand? Let me explain to you again; accreditation was done by the card reader and it is mandatory. If the card reader fails to authenticate your PVC you can't validly vote.
However, after the card reader has accredited you, you are then given a ballot paper to vote manually. At the end of the voting, the ballot papers are sorted and results collated manually.

It is after this phase that the results as collated manually are then transmitted to the central server using same card reader by the E-transmission (the inec official empowered to do so)

I made corrections to the post you quoted.

If results were transmitted to a server, how was it distributed to the different political parties?

I DID NOT TRANSMIT ELECTION RESULTS TO ANY SERVER AND IT WASN'T ELECTION RESULTS THAT WERE TRANSMITTED.

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by BabaO2: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
tuniski:

Same reason why the presidential election results are now being so contentious. Do you get it?
How is it contentious, only a natural thief can have boldness of claiming victory over Buhari in that election. It's nauseating, somebody that can't win his poling unit wants to be president. Dubai tactics cant work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by kernniejay(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
i hope atiku wins the case and send bubu packing, inasmuch as i dont trust atiku either, i will not support rigging or taking what does not belong to you. atiku has definitely been flagrantly robbed.
But truth is, the duo are abokiis fighting for their own pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by deji68: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
There is an interface on the SCR where u can allocate results to the political parties....u can watch the INEC demo video

frankson1:

If results were transmitted to a server, how was it distributed to the different political parties?

I DID NOT TRANSMIT ELECTION RESULTS TO ANY SERVER AND IT WASN'T ELECTION RESULTS THAT WERE TRANSMITTED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by frankson1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mightyodi:

My friend do not come and decieve people who don't have sufficient knowledge in this knowledge area. Your answer shows you are smart by half. You are saying it is a memory card that was inserted in smart card reader.
My question to you? Do they reconfigure memory card. Because when card readers was destroyed in Anambra State prior to elections, new ones were brought in and reconfigured. It is only a device that synchronizes data from a remote stored location that is reconfigured

It was reconfigured to carry a new DATE in the case of suspension.

And in the case of Anambra State, it was reconfigured to state, WARD, POLLING UNIT AND NUMBER OF VOTERS IN EACH UNIT
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by frankson1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
deji68:
There is an interface on the SCR where u can allocate results to the political parties....u can watch the INEC demo video

Ok. I'll do just that right now.

The card reader wasn't used to transmit results.

I'm not saying what I don't know. If I wasn't involved in the process I would have kept quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
all I know, is that I will make it in life....I will Excel, and whoesover says I will not make it will be crushed to death......Amen

Amen o...

But Atiku must reclaim his mandate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by deji68: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
https://twitter.com/DemolaRewaju/status/1121369254002081792 here is a link to the videos.showed INEC officials were trained for E_collation of results

D
frankson1:

Ok. I'll do just that right now.

The card reader wasn't used to transmit results.

I'm not saying what I don't know. If I wasn't involved in the process I would have kept quiet.
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tuniski: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
BabaO2:
How is it contentious, only a natural thief can have boldness of claiming victory over Buhari in that election. It's nauseating, somebody that can't win his poling unit wants to be president. Dubai tactics cant work in Nigeria
No, let us assume buhari won, then even the back end e-transmitted result will show same the margins may only be different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Deepthoughts: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
ishiamu:
Server Controversy: Several INEC staff say results transmitted to ‘central server

Several officials who said they were deployed as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the 2019 presidential election said they transmitted results electronically to a ‘central server’ through smart card readers.

This they said was done in compliance with the directive given by the commission during a three-day training before the polls.

The 20 officials deployed to various states, who mostly worked as presiding officers, said they were told that there was a “central server in Abuja” where results are collated electronically.

It is not immediately clear on which “central Server” the officials admitted to transmitting results but this has added a new twist to the ongoing confusion trailing INEC’s consistent denial that it used no server for the election.

A manual issued to the electoral officials by INEC for the 2019 election revealed that the “Communicate” icon on the Smart Card Reader should be used to transmit the accreditation data to the central server.

Another handbook for election officials in 2018 was however more précise on how presiding officers should use the card readers for electronic collation and transmission of results.

It said it became necessary to apply technology to transmit data and results from the polling units due to irregularities that take place after the voting process.

“After successfully filling the EC8A result sheet and announcing the result, the presiding officer shall tap the e-collation application on the home screen”, a part of the book read.

Backstory
The runner up in February’s presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the election tribunal.

Read more : https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/336496-server-controversy-several-inec-staff-say-results-transmitted-to-central-server.html
The simple truth of this server issue is that INEC has servers but because the law does not permit electronic transfer of elections results,INEC deployed the servers secretly in a collaborative scheme with APC/Buhari to monitor the elections results especially presidential upfront so that if the results didn't favour Buhari/Apc as it did happen,they can quickly employ dirty tricks to manipulate the results to their taste before making their final announcement, unfortunately Atiku/PDP were ahead of them n now INEC is confused n speaking with different sides of their tongue, unfortunately the more INEC try to play smart the more their folly keep staring them in the face, except the presidential elections tribunal are compromised or without conscience the least they should do is to cancel the elections as was done in Kenya recently.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tuniski: 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
frankson1:

Which are you?
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by sunnymaja(m): 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
004gist:
grin

Atiku actually won the election we all know this for sure but the compromised inec are saying another thing altogether

Buari rigged in the north and Atiku rigged in the south south and south east. So no one can say Atiku won afterall abia state results were available when the election was postponed.

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tymicjay77: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Koolking:
Money answereth some things but not all things.

It won't change the result of the last presidential elections.

By the way, some INEC staff is not INEC. INEC had already issued a statement, that is tenable and case closed

Nigerians are too blind to see what is coming on them.... Political game is about to happen soon... A strategy for Northerners to succeed a Northerners is the game...
What happen in osun state some years ago will repeat itself.
Buhari will almost finished his tenure then he will hand over to Atiku,with the disguise of elections petition victory for Atiku...
Mark my words....I only pity politician like Jagaban who think myopically

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by tuniski: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Deepthoughts:
The simple truth of this server issue is that INEC has servers but because the law does not permit electronic transfer of elections results,INEC deployed the servers secretly in a collaborative scheme with APC/Buhari to monitor the elections results especially presidential upfront so that if the results didn't favour Buhari/Apc as it did happen,they can quickly employ dirty tricks to manipulate the results to their taste before making their final announcement, unfortunately Atiku/PDP were ahead of them n now INEC is confused n speaking with different sides of their tongue, unfortunately the more INEC try to play smart the more their folly keep staring them in the face, except the presidential elections tribunal are compromised or without conscience the least they should do is to cancel the elections as was done in Kenya recently.
Exactly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by IITTA50: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
Koolking:
Money answereth some things but not all things.

It won't change the result of the last presidential elections.

By the way, some INEC staff is not INEC. INEC had already issued a statement, that is tenable and case closed
hmmmm? Inec staff is not inec? pls what make inec if not staffs?

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by deomelo: 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
vacanci:
When you use a POS machine, the operator shows you what is about to be transmitted before you supply your PIN for transmission.

Now with the election, did the presiding officers show anyone what they were transmitting? I know the machine is called a card reader which is allowed by the law. Results were counted and collated manually and you guys want me to believe that after the collation, one PO will now enter a certain figure and transmit without any of the agents vetting it.

Exactly what they want you to believe.

The party agents from PDP walked out of the polling units for fresh air while the APC agents cooked up different numbers and transmitted the numbers to INEC's imaginary server and the APC quietly did the same thing in tens of thousands of polling units all over Nigeria

I don't think they see the silliness and holes in their illogical argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigeria deserve better than outright theft of the people’s mandate

Enough is enough
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by udemzyudex(m): 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
frankson1:

Sir, I don't know if the POs are authentic. The SCR wasn't used to vote. What the SCR state is the number of accredited and failed votes. I don't know what results they said the SCR transmitted.

People have posted a lot pic of the card reader showing the names of political parties in it, this is where the results of each party will be filled in at each ward level.

How many times are we going to go through this again?
These are INEC officers saying that results where transmitted, oga where you part of the INEC start during the just concluded election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Kennymorgan1: 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
frankson1:

Yeah, you're very correct when you say voting was done manually and the result also collated manually. But you're not correct when you say the results were transmitted electronically using the SCR. I was with the POs and I did everything and made sure my calculation was correct before sending. I worked with INEC tech guys where I'm confused.

I REPEAT, RESULTS WERE NOT TRANSMITTED TO ANY SERVER.

IT WASN'T THE RESULT THAT WAS TRANSMITTED.

1 Like

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Edithfavourite: 11:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You are also going too far with the card reader, boss.

The data of the 80 million registered Nigerians are stored where?

#AtikuisComing

Memory card grin according to a Zoobie
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by udemzyudex(m): 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
vacanci:
When you use a POS machine, the operator shows you what is about to be transmitted before you supply your PIN for transmission.

Now with the election, did the presiding officers show anyone what they were transmitting? I know the machine is called a card reader which is allowed by the law. Results were counted and collated manually and you guys want me to believe that after the collation, one PO will now enter a certain figure and transmit without any of the agents vetting it.

Google INEC RATECH or search for the words here on nairaland and find out what their job was at the just concluded election.
Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by Taeewo(m): 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
traihit:

I was a PO during the election and I'm telling you INEC used a server. Let's even talk about the voters' registration part, you may not need to use the SCR for that but at the end of the election, the data on our SCRs was transferred somewhere (at a point I had to use my phone's hotpot to get it done).
I was almost mobbed when I refused to make people vote because my SCR was not connecting. So your point is invalid.

You are PO and you transfered result through card reader? Lie kill you there, u can only transfer the accredited voters since the normal vote was done manually.. Since the accredited vote was transferred, how did ur Atiku arrived at server result without deducting the void/invalid vote..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several INEC Staff Say Results Transmitted To ‘Central Server' - Premium Times by deomelo: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2019
udemzyudex:

Google INEC RATECH or search for the words here on nairaland and find out what their job was at the just concluded election.

Apart from programming the card readers, what else was their job?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Presidential Ticket: Tinubu On Edge As Cabal Sells Lawan To Buhari / Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.