Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy (41001 Views)

Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) / Super Eagles: Onazi Under Fire Over Performance During England Friendly / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2019
tactius:

Sorry, you have only unvieled part of my evil plans... cheesy

Other things include...

1.Increasing participation...this means organising children's and teenage female football clubs to increase the talent pool. Also means training more coaches.

2.Nigerians should take more interest in female football..because revenue in the game helps development

3.Airing matches on television...like DSTV...privdes revenues for clubs.

Of course, money is needed...you may laugh....but the hones truth is that without money, we won't be able to do much. And considering our sports budget is less than $2billion...
I believe you have not touched the main issue. The elephant in the room is planning& implementation. Africans eehn, we too like short time, Jehovah sharp sharp, immediate alacrity etc.
European and American sports associations groom their sportsmen from early age of six, seven and continue monitoring, teaching, mentoring them till they get to the stage where the whole world sees and appreciates them.
It seems to me like the African is not conditioned to that kind of painstaking and slow process that yield ultimate results. Even at the international stage, we only remember these girls (and boys too btw) when there's a tournament nearby and we then spend so much money expecting them to go and beat people who have been planning and working towards it for fifteen to twenty years.
These same attitude costs us in the areas of research, tech and scientific devt. We prefer to go spend money to buy tech while not building our own local stuff. The results are there for all to see.
Until we have visionary leaders in all spares of our lives who are genuinely interested in the devt of the continent, we'll continue to lag behind the rest of the world in every sphere of human endeavour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2019
shevchenko:
You can't even speak English correctly What do you know ? Oponu
Mr English...did I ask u to correct me...my message is clear...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by SIRTee15: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Buckubuck:

What do you suggest we do to deal with the issues in our sports? Lemme guess: increase ticket fees, increase shirts and other club wears cost, increase tv fees etc??

So u sabi the guy....
To him, the solution to everything is money, money, n more money....
Then borrow more money....
If that's exhausted...tax the hell out of the citizens for more money....
Just keep spending money n don't stop....
I really don't understand his way of seeking pragmatic solutions....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy by olmyde(m): 7:00am On Jun 26, 2019
Benekruku:

Tell me please. I care to know.

shocked so u mean u are alive and watch d match on color tv?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier Draws / Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) / Neymar Celebrates Kylian Mbappe Hat-trick Goal Vs Barcelona (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.