Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423035 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by damilare96(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
Got my money in less than 5 minutes
She did good to ME
LorellXchange:

Hot to my profile n click on my whatsapp link to message me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
SUPERPACK:
request for a rating clarification if you are sure. it might be a system error. and I think you made the mistake due to similar voice of the rep and customer. I wish QA will give us the opportunity to preview our work on the final transcript page before submission, This will go a long way in reducing inverted speaker flag.

How?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
generationz:

How?
they do request for rating clarification if u are sure that you were rated wrongly. it is done on slack.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
SUPERPACK:
they do request for rating clarification if u are sure that you were rated wrongly. it is done on slack.

Yeah, but not for inverted speakers.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

300 , how please?
Just saying they'll limit the account of an unusually large amount enters.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
samsard:
Just saying they'll limit the account of an unusually large amount enters.
Okay boss.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
__
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2019
50% of my calls this week are yet to be rated. Anybody having the same thing?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Pareidolia: 7:00am On Sep 21, 2019
Qa has been frustrating me lately. Right now I just spent two hours on a call, only for it to tell me the call has expired. And I had about 52 minutes left. cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2019
Pareidolia:
Qa has been frustrating me lately. Right now I just spent two hours on a call, only for it to tell me the call has expired. And I had about 52 minutes left. cry
You left the call for a while? And also refresh your page while transcribing in order to always get the correct timing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Pareidolia: 7:31am On Sep 21, 2019
Torch1:

You left the call for a while?
No
:
And also refresh your page while transcribing in order to always get the correct timing.
I'll adopt that. I'm never working on a call longer than five mins for now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Qa world looks Juicy with calls since yesternight. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2019
Torch1:
50% of my calls this week are yet to be rated. Anybody having the same thing?
I don't bother myself over unrated calls anymore. My own is just to claim as many calls as possible. I sha know one day the unrated calls will rated, and I always hope for the best rating.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2019
toluxe0075:

I don't bother myself over unrated calls anymore. My own is just to claim as many calls as possible. I sha know one day the unrated calls will rated, and I always hope for the best rating.

But how do you fuel your hustle, suppose they don't get rated till the end of the month?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2019
I think this delay in rating pf and sr calls, is to discourage from taking them... Cos, other calls get rated real fast.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Pareidolia: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2019
Three auto 1's this week. grin grin grin
It's funny. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Pareidolia:
It's funny. grin

Sometimes, d reason for auto 1 cos of inverted speaker is over confidence.

U tend to place less emphasis on going through each time stamp b4 submitting because u are confident u will hit that 5 rating and u know that worst case scenario, the redo option is there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Pareidolia:
It's funny. grin

Lol.. Babanla. grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2019
thorrvik55:

U tend to place less emphasis on going through each time stamp b4 submitting because u are confident u will hit that 5 rating and u know that worst case scenario, the redo option is there.

I don't even hope for that redo option. A poor rating affects my quality rating so bad, I'd rather just let the call go than submit and get a poor rating.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2019
brijibs:

But how do you fuel your hustle, suppose they don't get rated till the end of the month?
The calls that gets rated should be enough to fuel the hustle. grin. Besides, it's a side gig.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Please who is familiar with DAS calls?
I'd really like to understand them. I have a 21min call I don't want to drop. But, its rep-rep, work related, but I don't know if its valid.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2019
brijibs:
Please who is familiar with DAS calls?
I'd really like to understand them. I have a 21min call I don't want to drop. But, its rep-rep, work related, but I don't know if its valid.

If it's just rep to rep and no customer comes in at all, whether it's work related or not, it should be released. Just listen to the full audio to know if it's just rep to rep.

Most DAS calls have multiple speakers and the challenge with them is labelling the speakers correctly to avoid inverted speaker.

Their audio and accent is always good though...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2019
brijibs:
I think this delay in rating pf and sr calls, is to discourage from taking them... Cos, other calls get rated real fast.
FC calls are high priority, that's why they get rated on time.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Pareidolia: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2019
thorrvik55:

Exactly. Inverted speakers for a 'Yes'.
I got another one for missing response for a 'Sir'
It's just funny how you try to edit it and get another 1 or 2. I think it's better to let it slide than editing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=thorrvik55 post=82427498]

If it's just rep to rep and no customer comes in at all, whether it's work related or not, it should be released. Just listen to the full audio to know if it's just rep to rep.

Most DAS calls have multiple speakers and the challenge with them is labelling the speakers correctly to avoid inverted speaker.

Their audio and accent is always good though...[/quote]

@bolded. Too good, actually.
Oh, well, I'll just drop this one and hope to get another long call to work on
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2019
samsard:
Not just fc... And besides, they start being high priority all of a sudden. All calls used to get rated at a reasonable time. Even though, there were delays, not to the point having to wait till the end of the month to have your job rated since on the 3rd...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2019
brijibs:

Not just fc... And besides, they start being high priority all of a sudden. All calls used to get rated at a reasonable time. Even though, there were delays, not to the point having to wait till the end of the month to have your job rated since on the 3rd...
They have always been high priority, people were just avoiding them due to having options and it was causing issues for them. Now they make sure to clear FC because they're the challenging ones.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=brijibs post=82428493][/quote]I always love DAS calls, I never go wrong with those.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2019
samsard:
I always love DAS calls, I never go wrong with those.

Please educate me. Though, I've dropped the call, but, in this scarcity period, I can't afford to be dropping the few good, long calls I'm able to grab.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2019
samsard:
I did an FC U.K. call last week . And it took them 3 days to rate it .
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2019
I just withdrew now using my africard on pp....and it says I could be pending for up to 72hrs if approved.....is that normal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2019
brijibs:

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.