Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425720 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
Avoid login into your PayPal account from multiple devices, avoiding changing the internet source you use in accessing your PayPal, PayPal is not Facebook o. Anything that smells like compromised access or dubious transaction will get your account locked or limited.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Happy New Year hustlers!!! More $$ in your accounts, more clients to Qa, more calls on queue, good health, long life, greater heights we pray.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 12:58am On Jan 01, 2020
To all my fellow transcribers,

May pp never block our path. We pray for more 5's. May our eyes be anointed to see our errors, our ears anointed discern their accents, and may our fingers never get too weak to type.

In all, may God grant us the wisdom to sow seeds that will lead to our freedom.

Happy New Year.

10 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 12:58am On Jan 01, 2020
nwafresh:
Happy New Year hustlers!!! More $$ in your accounts, more clients to Qa, more calls on queue, good health, long life, greater heights we pray.

Amin.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 01, 2020
First withdrawal of 2020. Happy new year to everyone.

I buy paypal funds at reasonable rates,

also provide paypal emails for withdrawals from QA-World. Let us manage paypal for you. You get paid in dollars. We pay out your naira as early as it drops.

DM via whatsapp below.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Stmiceel(m): 8:26am On Jan 01, 2020
Prinss:

Are you able to change password?

Have you check your mail?

They should provide an alternative for you to get around it.

I have tried changing the password. It said it can not verify my identity.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:28am On Jan 01, 2020
Stmiceel:

I have tried changing the password. It said it can not verify my identity.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2020
MaziOkoro:

They'll ask you to submit some documents.

Which country PayPal?
Awaiting the go ahead to credit you accordingly via whatsapp sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Stmiceel(m): 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Prinss:

I have checked. Nothing was sent into it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dotmans(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
hi
Estabrown:
Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Stmiceel:

I have checked. Nothing was sent into it.
Seems you will have to contact them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
skywalker95:
To all my fellow transcribers,

May pp never block our path. We pray for more 5's. May our eyes be anointed to see our errors, our ears anointed discern their accents, and may our fingers never get too weak to type.

In all, may God grant us the wisdom to sow seeds that will lead to our freedom.

Happy New Year.

This your prayer go well, abeg. Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iykip(m): 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
drawnobet:
Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC, tab or mobile phone
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported

Please, I'm new here. How do I link my PayPal account on slack?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Iykip(m): 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
thorrvik55:

You don't download the audio, you just listen to it online (different from the first test)...

The audios are not live calls.

After the first test, you will have to pass another mini test (not audio transcription). The test is about the Do's and Don'ts at Qaworld and their FAQ. U will have to read the passage and answer the objective questions (they don't fail u if ur answers are not correct at this stage, u will only be prompted to select another answer)...

After the mini test, u enter ur PayPal email address and then you can start transcribing.
Please, I've read the Do's and Don'ts at Qaworld and their FAQs but didn't see any objective question.
Secondly, how do I link my PayPal email address on Qaworld platform?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Aafulenu(f): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
happy new year guys,

please, the gurus in the house, your newborn needs help. I have been having consistent low ratings. how do I turn this around?
I have been read the FAQs. I think i am improving but ratings are telling me otherwise. even when I review the accepted transcripts I don't still get it.

I seriously need help.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
Iykip:

Please, I'm new here. How do I link my PayPal account on slack?

U don't link PayPal account on slack. Slack is an app similar to whatsapp where u get to meet other transcribers and ask questions regarding the calls u are working on.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
Iykip:

Please, I've read the Do's and Don'ts at Qaworld and their FAQs but didn't see any objective question.
Secondly, how do I link my PayPal email address on Qaworld platform?

After the test(if u pass), a link will be sent to ur email which u will now use to create ur password and login. After loggingin, u'll append ur name to their privacy statements and then u'll see the Do's and Dont's. When u are done reading, if u scroll down u'll see some objective questions(five I think). After answering the first set correctly, u'll see the FAQ and another set of objective questions. Once I've answered those questions correctly then u'll see a YouTube tutorial video for newbies. After that, u will be asked to provide ur PayPal email address b4 u'll have access to the queue where u can start working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
Aafulenu:
happy new year guys,

please, the gurus in the house, your newborn needs help. I have been having consistent low ratings. how do I turn this around?
I have been read the FAQs. I think i am improving but ratings are telling me otherwise. even when I review the accepted transcripts I don't still get it.

I seriously need help.

There is an article on this thread that could help improve ur punctuation and grammar. Can't remember the exact page, maybe someone else could help point u to the exact page.

Aside that, study their sample transcripts (very important) so u'll have an idea as to the quality of transcripts they expect from u.

"I have read the FAQ"- To make significant money on QA, reading the FAQ just once does not cut it. When I started initially, I always had a tab opened with the FAQ so I can refer to it ASAP. Some peeps here even printed it out so they can refer to it easily when they are working on a call.

Wot are the ratings u are getting, wot do the rating notes say?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year QA family. More $$$ to our PayPal this year for sure.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Stmiceel(m): 2:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Prinss:

Seems you will have to contact them.

The number for their call center, I couldn't connect.
Mail I was unable to send them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Stmiceel:

The number for their call center, I couldn't connect.
Mail I was unable to send them.

Got this number online; 1-402-935-2050.
Or you can try twitter. If you don't have funds in the account you might as well open new account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2020
I have a question pls. In an EMAX call a lady is requesting a quote on behalf of a Mexican customer who doesn't speak English, I can hear the customer in the background but he never spoke directly to the customer. She answers all question for the customer. Pls is this call valid, I am asking because I suspect that the person speaking on behalf of the customer is a Rep from another company?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Aafulenu(f): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2020
thorrvik55:

There is an article on this thread that could help improve ur punctuation and grammar. Can't remember the exact page, maybe someone else could help point u to the exact page.

Aside that, study their sample transcripts (very important) so u'll have an idea as to the quality of transcripts they expect from u.

"I have read the FAQ"- To make significant money on QA, reading the FAQ just once does not cut it. When I started initially, I always had a tab opened with the FAQ so I can refer to it ASAP. Some peeps here even printed it out so they can refer to it easily when they are working on a call.

Wot are the ratings u are getting, wot do the rating notes say?

Thank you, I will look for the punctuation article and read up. On the FAQs I keep it open on a tab too, continue to consult it but I still end up with 1s and 2s.

Let me giver you examples of the rating notes:
"Among others, several error in punctuations, sentence structure, error in capitalizations, missing content"

In this case above I reviewed the passing transcript and and didn't see the contents I missed.

Another example:
"SFX lifestyle Vs SFX Lifestyle, errors in punctuation, grammar, capitalization, sentence structure, segmentation. Did not use ellipsis as needed"

I really need help, more pointers would be welcome.

Off to look for the punctuation article
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:09am On Jan 02, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I have a question pls. In an EMAX call a lady is requesting a quote on behalf of a Mexican customer who doesn't speak English, I can hear the customer in the background but he never spoke directly to the customer. She answers all question for the customer. Pls is this call valid, I am asking because I suspect that the person speaking on behalf of the customer is a Rep from another company?

I would say it's valid since there is a customer in the conversation, but cross check with the SCC's to be 100% certain
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2020
thorrvik55:

I would say it's valid since there is a customer in the conversation, but cross check with the SCC's to be 100% certain
the customer only speaks their native language and was just on the back ground. I've asked such before on slack and the SCC's ignored it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2020
SUPERPACK:
the customer only speaks their native language and was just on the back ground. I've asked such before on slack and the SCC's ignored it.

I would transcribe it if twas me.

We learn everyday
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Stmiceel(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2020
Prinss:

Got this number online; 1-402-935-2050.
Or you can try twitter. If you don't have funds in the account you might as well open new account.

There is fund in it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2020
thorrvik55:

I would transcribe it if twas me.

We learn everyday
An SCC after checking the call said I should flag it as rep to rep.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
SUPERPACK:
An SCC after checking the call said I should flag it as rep to rep.
Nice. Do they actually pay for those flaggings as promised?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
kamikaz1:

Nice. Do they actually pay for those flaggings as promised?
No, you only get back your release token if 5 more persons flags same call.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
SUPERPACK:
No, you only get back your release token if 5 more persons flags same call.

Oh, okay. Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stmiceel:

There is fund in it.
Hmm tough luck. Try via twitter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.