Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424736 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hi house.After doing my first work in Qa-world,I was rated 1 star and ever since then,I didn't log in again(June last year).

Now,I wanna start this job and focus but I am not seeing any queue on my dashboard since the past 1 hour I have logged in.

Then when I just joined, there were a lots of queues on my dashboard and I was even confused of which work to start on.

Is my account still active pls?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Veemah(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
Hi house.After doing my first work in Qa-world,I was rated 1 star and ever since then,I didn't log in again(June last year).

Now,I wanna start this job and focus but I am not seeing any queue on my dashboard since the past 1 hour I have logged in.

Then when I just joined, there were a lots of queues on my dashboard and I was even confused of which work to start on.

Is my account still active pls?
there's no job for now, it's same on my dashboard
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Veemah:
there's no job for now, it's same on my dashboard

Ok,thanks. I will check back by 6-7pm again.

Please, do you know of any other sites that accepts Nigerians as well like Qa-world?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Roju402(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Please guys, I'm new to this transcription of a thing, but I'm willing to learn, I've read so much about it, I took 3 crowdsurf tests last week, failed 1 and passed 2,they are yet to send me the log in though, and I also tried qa world, took a long time on it, but still failed don't know if it's because I took too much time, but I needed to be sure of what I typed
Please I need you guys guidance on how to go about this new career chioce
I also just opened a verified Lesotho PayPal account
Awaiting your replies please, thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
kayusdguy:

I know what I'm telling you. Pay is as high as $0.60 especially if your rating is high. It's what I've seen.

Okay. So the only challenge is just the US /Canada factor abi?

Or selection process's strict?
Because one can ask a resident to open it remotely na or what do you think?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Opiletool(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Weirdgee:
guys good evening am in school now can I be transcribing at my own free time? And also like how much data can someone sub to start this transcribing business? Thanks

NB: I only have a phone no laptop.

Of course.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Rev is employing now ... the test is cool but you need to put your eyes on the details...like they say the devil is in the details...unfortunately I didn't make it, i didn't check the speaker label..they exam is still okay than gotranscript which is quite painstaking.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
Apart from QA, which other transcription sites are good that pay reasonably okay?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
jackcanfield:
Rev is employing now ... the test is cool but you need to put your eyes on the details...like they say the devil is in the details...unfortunately I didn't make it, i didn't check the speaker label..they exam is still okay than gotranscript which is quite painstaking.
Gotranscript test got a lot worse after they started getting bad audio. They said if anyone can pass the test then they sure can handle the jobs. Lol.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pamela28:
Apart from QA, which other transcription sites are good that pay reasonably okay?
Gotranscript pays better than qa world. Or you can set up a gig on fiverr/up work etc. Those ones pay way better.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Roju402(m): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roju402:
Please guys, I'm new to this transcription of a thing, but I'm willing to learn, I've read so much about it, I took 3 crowdsurf tests last week, failed 1 and passed 2,they are yet to send me the log in though, and I also tried qa world, took a long time on it, but still failed don't know if it's because I took too much time, but I needed to be sure of what I typed
Please I need you guys guidance on how to go about this new career chioce
I also just opened a verified Lesotho PayPal account
Awaiting your replies please, thanks.
Please help a bro, I need your advises on how to get started, I do have the required tools
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Weirdgee: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Opiletool:

Of course.
ok
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

I suspect CLH grin
I can't remember the company though. But it was an insurance company.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

How many hours do you sleep in a day? grin

Lol... 7-8 hrs. I sleep late, but Qa ain't the reason.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
kamikaz1:

Okay. So the only challenge is just the US /Canada factor abi?

Or selection process's strict?
Because one can ask a resident to open it remotely na or what do you think?
Yes, if you know a resident, you can ask them to open for you, but it's still also 50-50. I know some people that sell accounts though, but I still prefer QA world to the site.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
samsard:
I'm yet to take the test, but they accepted my registration with Nigeria as nationality. There's a US/Canada section though.
They accepted your registration, but they've not invited you to work. Two different things.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
jaywalker04:

Gotranscript pays better than qa world. Or you can set up a gig on fiverr/up work etc. Those ones pay way better.
Like, how much are you paid on Fiverr?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
kayusdguy:

They accepted your registration, but they've not invited you to work. Two different things.
Stop stressing yourself over nothing, they accept international workers and they have a Canada/USA section. I don't wake to tell people unfounded tales

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
kayusdguy:

Yes, if you know a resident, you can ask them to open for you, but it's still also 50-50. I know some people that sell accounts though, but I still prefer QA world to the site.

To have a resident open it won't be a problem but since you said QA is better, no need then. I trust your judgement.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roju402:

Please help a bro, I need your advises on how to get started, I do have the required tools
quote me with your phone number on an inactive thread let me add you to our small whatsapp group.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
jackcanfield:

so do you register as personal or business
follow the instructions on the guide.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fuckgratulations:
quote me with your phone number on an inactive thread let me add you to our small whatsapp group.

Hope newbies are not asked to pay for anything in d group sha...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
thorrvik55:

Hope newbies are not asked to pay for anything in d group sha...
I paid nothing to learn from you, samsard, hausadreturn and nwafresh so why should I demand money for what I got free. I find it more convenient to discuss on Whatsapp due to instant message delivery, Nairaland has no way of notifying me when someone requests for help. The group has been on for almost two months and has 60 members.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Roju402(m): 12:10am On Jan 13, 2020
Fuckgratulations:
Thanks bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 12:56am On Jan 13, 2020
samsard:
Stop stressing yourself over nothing, they accept international workers and they have a Canada/USA section. I don't wake to tell people unfounded tales
Shebi na me dey follow you talk. Go and apply international, they will accept you immediately.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 12:57am On Jan 13, 2020
smiley
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 4:38am On Jan 13, 2020
Roju402:
Thanks bro 0
I said an idle thread. Pls delete this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 4:55am On Jan 13, 2020
@nwafresh are you the Jude on the leaderboard. Because that person is an Igbo man. That Flin L is giving Relph L a run on his game, and according to to some people must be a battalion of transcribers cheesygrin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:05am On Jan 13, 2020
Fuckgratulations:
@nwafresh are you the Jude on the leaderboard. Because that person is an Igbo man. That Flin L is giving Relph L a run on his game, and according to to some people must be a battalion of transcribers cheesygrin
Ralph is in his own league.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:56am On Jan 13, 2020
I made the leadership board!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 6:05am On Jan 13, 2020
nwafresh:
I made the leadership board!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Where's the party at? grin grin
Congratulations!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.