Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424413 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2020
jaywalker04:
So this is what it feels like to have unedited transcript added to your work, lol
I've lost count of the number of redos I had because of this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2020
nwafresh:

Lol.. Borno state grin grin
I don't mind Sambisa sef, just cake, drinks and party jollof is enough to convince me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2020
samsard:
I've lost count of the number of redos I had because of this.
This is my first. The notes had me confused till I saw it. This is the only issue I have with this new platform now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2020
Richardlove:
Hello, Friends.
The journey at Qa-World hasn't been easy. Who has two earphones and can give me one? Actually, I don't have the money to pay any now. And the effect of not having one is telling on my RQR. Sometimes I last well edited transcripts that should have be rated 5, due to one or two misheard. Actually, I'm a good listener but I think, an earphone will save me the pains.

Imagine not been paid for your hard work. So, whosoever God has touched or just want to assist me can reach me through: 08091867470.
You don't need a high end earphone to work on QA, #500 earpiece can do the job comfortably. Borrow #500 (if you don't have) from people around you and get the fake AKG earpiece, that's what I've been using.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2020
samsard:
How much do you think QAs (raters) are paid
It is on the non disclosure form you signed when creating your account around $0.5 - $0.7 per minute.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2020
Fuckgratulations:
It is on the non disclosure form you signed when creating your account around $0.5 - $0.7 per minute.
It means we do the work and they earn the money.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Fuckgratulations: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2020
samsard:
It means we do the work and they earn the money.
They might have other works too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
Fuckgratulations:
They might have other works too.
Yes, might. But rating transcripts is usually a breeze because obviously, the AI scans it first and they through in a few minutes.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
thorrvik55:

U go surprise when boys go show up for Borno state because of ur $$$$$ grin

Lol... Boys dy vex o
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
samsard:
I don't mind Sambisa sef, just cake, drinks and party jollof is enough to convince me.

Lol...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Savvywriteprene(f): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
tenderfigure:

As for the errors in grammar, I'll say that you should always make any necessary correction to ensure that your work is readable and understandable. Personally, I edit about two times before submission, which gives me a better understanding of the call and also helps see more errors.

Okay. Thank you. Will start editing more than once.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Savvywriteprene(f): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
jaywalker04:

Your biggest error here is inverted speaker. It doesn't matter what you do or how well you do it, inverted speaker mistake will cost you everything. Learn to identify who's the customer and who's the rep. Then you can read an ebook or two on punctuations. And it'll do you a lot of good if you read and understand the FAQs. That's my two cents, I hope it helps.

Thank you. I appreciate. I have and still reading the FAQ. Really want to improve.

Is there a way to know who is rep or customer. I will be so sure the voice I hear is that of the rep or customer, by the time the transcript is rated I will see 1 and the reason will be inverted speaker.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Savvywriteprene(f): 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
tenderfigure:

As for the errors in grammar, I'll say that you should always make any necessary correction to ensure that your work is readable and understandable. Personally, I edit about two times before submission, which gives me a better understanding of the call and also helps see more errors.

Please, I sent you a mail. I don't know if you got it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
Savvywriteprene:

Thank you. I appreciate. I have and still reading the FAQ. Really want to improve.

Is there a way to know who is rep or customer. I will be so sure the voice I hear is that of the rep or customer, by the time the transcript is rated I will see 1 and the reason will be inverted speaker.

From the introduction, you should be able to differentiate between rep and customer.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by COdeGenesis: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
tenderfigure:

Shey u mean say na only 80 to 100 minutes u dey do per week ni?

Ehn na. You dey do reach 500?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
Savvywriteprene:

The reps mostly introduce their selves so you should get the idea there. Either that or you take note of how the conversation is going. Take it from a fellow newbie, trust me, you'll get so much better at this.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
Savvywriteprene:

Please, I sent you a mail. I don't know if you got it.

Yeah, I saw it. I've sent a reply.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
COdeGenesis:

Ehn na. You dey do reach 500?

E be like say na small small calls u dey do. Na 400 me dey stop per week.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by COdeGenesis: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
tenderfigure:

E be like say na small small calls u dey do. Na 400 me dey stop per week.

Chai. I never reach una level o. I actually work so from 6am to 8pm I am always occupied. I wish I could up my game sha.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
COdeGenesis:

Chai. I never reach una level o. I actually work so from 6am to 8pm I am always occupied. I wish I could up my game sha.

It's totally okay, with your work schedule. Some people do QA full time. With 100 minutes, you can sure take care of few bills weekly.

**In Mr Macaroni's voice** you're doing well grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AIIyIic(f): 5:21am On Jan 27, 2020
Please i just joined QA yesterday evening. Up till now, it's telling me no job available. Please help a brother oo
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SolomonGrundy: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2020
AIIyIic:
Please i just joined QA yesterday evening. Up till now, it's telling me no job available. Please help a brother oo
And ur moniker is bearing female shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by eyefordetails: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2020
MaziOkoro:

It's totally okay, with your work schedule. Some people do QA full time. With 100 minutes, you can sure take care of few bills weekly.

**In Mr Macaroni's voice** you're doing well grin
Could you please put me through this Transcribing Job? I'm so interested. Thank you lots in advance.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AIIyIic(f): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2020
I'm seeing 1 job available but before i can claim it, it would have been claimed already. Please is this how it would continue or there are still times where there will be plenty of jobs available
@jaywalker04
@maziokoro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Savvywriteprene(f): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2020
jaywalker04:

The reps mostly introduce their selves so you should get the idea there. Either that or you take note of how the conversation is going. Take it from a fellow newbie, trust me, you'll get so much better at this.

Okay. Thank you for the tips and encouragement. God bless you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Savvywriteprene(f): 9:02am On Jan 27, 2020
MaziOkoro:

From the introduction, you should be able to differentiate between rep and customer.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
AIIyIic:
I'm seeing 1 job available but before i can claim it, it would have been claimed already. Please is this how it would continue or there are still times where there will be plenty of jobs available
@jaywalker04
@maziokoro
I've not been on the team long enough to know. But there was a time when it was overflowing with calls so, yeah, I don't think it's always going to be like this.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
AIIyIic:
@jaywalker04
@maziokoro

4G network + fast fingers.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AIIyIic(f): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
MaziOkoro:

4G network + fast fingers.
Thanks sir.
Is dere a particular time frame where jobs are available so that I'll be able to schedule myself properly?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AIIyIic(f): 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
jaywalker04:

I've not been on the team long enough to know. But there was a time when it was overflowing with calls so, yeah, I don't think it's always going to be like this.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
AIIyIic:

Thanks sir.
Is dere a particular time frame where jobs are available so that I'll be able to schedule myself properly?

Usually from 10pm to 5am is peak period as far as calls on the queue go.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AIIyIic(f): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
Prinss:

Usually from 10pm to 5am is peak period as far as calls on the queue go.

Thanks man.
Really appreciate ur help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.