Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423416 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2020
olaNL:
Hello guys, just a quick one. I just registered on QA world on Monday but i have not been able to get a transcription job there. I do refresh the page several time and whenever a job is listed and i click on it i get an error 401 message. Is there a specific time when i will be able to get transcription job? Thanks
Since you said, you registered yesterday please forget the calls for now and focus on reading and digesting the FAQ guide. You need to focus on that for at least one week if you don't want your first attempt to end in tears cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:55am On Feb 19, 2020
PattyMike:
I don laff taya as Africard no work again, yeparipa e don finally catch una. And I remember some people barking Africard o, Africard ewo, if u try another option you were a big moro n then. So u guys can actually try another card, bust my brain. Sell your funds jejely to webshopNG don't complain that 320 is small, even at that 320 it is still better paying than any job vacancy you've seen so far.
But if you want to try an alternative, buy MTN sim, open betpawa account, buy card to your mtn sim via PayPal and then transfer to your betpawa account wait a while and then withdraw to your account. Before attempting this confirm on betpawa that the mtn funding is working o, buy card 100 and fund the account 50 naira. If not your QA money nah call u go use am call finish or sub for six months LMAO.... Africard bingo ashey una fit calm down like this hahaha, Sardamanu cheesy
We have options from the beginning. As for selling to exchangers, a lot of people have lost money to Exchangers in the past on Nairaland so do understand the fear in this case, Go to the business sections and see what I mean. The rate is not the issue but peace of mind. Also the Paypal fund can be used to purchase things online on Aliexpress annd other e-shops too if you don't want the exchanger route.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:57am On Feb 19, 2020
Nerdnextdoor:
As we all know, Grammarly premium packages are quite expensive which is why most avoid it but take this opportunity now to call/WhatsApp 07068627509 to get your Grammarly Premium at a cheap price
Please stop spamming the thread with your Grammarly business, working on QA doesn't require one. It's becoming annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2020
SUPERPACK:
We have options from the beginning. As for selling to exchangers, a lot of people have lost money to Exchangers in the past on Nairaland so do understand the fear in this case, Go to the business sections and see what I mean. The rate is not the issue but peace of mind. Also the Paypal fund can be used to purchase things online on Aliexpress annd other e-shops too if you don't want the exchanger route.

I'm very sure you saw when I clearly wrote "WebshopNG" as an exchanger. I think Nwafresh referred me to him and I have done several successful transactions with no complains, many others on this thread have done so as well. Also any interested seller who reads the last 20-25 threads will see recommendations for Webshop. Getting scammed by exchangers has never been a fear here, definitely not because if u ask for a trusted exchanger in this group some will definitely point you to the right direction. I think its greed that makes people get scammed by exchangers, the normal rate might be 320 or 325 but someone promise you 340 or 345 and because of 20 naira some people will enter trap. But let's say I work for $200 a month on QA, I buy on aliexpress(things I might sell for lesser price o) it takes 2 or more weeks to get to naija(it might be lesser if you pay more for shipping I don't know) and if God punish you, it now land at the nearest post office, you will seriously blame yourself with extra fees. That money you're trying to avoid losing at exchangers, you will loose more on post office clearing fee, selling at lower price, time wastage(make house come dry that period, otokoto). Sometimes what you ordered might have problem or fault and you'd have to reship back if u buy from manufacturer or you carry your cross. Abi u want to buy from alibaba or that China site, u will import coronavirus to your house las las. Greed is not good, don't be greedy its your hard work but don't be greedy use the exchangers until there is a solution. Also some people use this Kenya app exchanger, forgot the name. I think Opay should work but I haven't tried it or researched on it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:25am On Feb 19, 2020
PattyMike:
I don laff taya as Africard no work again, yeparipa e don finally catch una. And I remember some people barking Africard o, Africard ewo, if u try another option you were a big moro n then. So u guys can actually try another card, bust my brain. Sell your funds jejely to webshopNG don't complain that 320 is small, even at that 320 it is still better paying than any job vacancy you've seen so far.
But if you want to try an alternative, buy MTN sim, open betpawa account, buy card to your mtn sim via PayPal and then transfer to your betpawa account wait a while and then withdraw to your account. Before attempting this confirm on betpawa that the mtn funding is working o, buy card 100 and fund the account 50 naira. If not your QA money nah call u go use am call finish or sub for six months LMAO.... Africard bingo ashey una fit calm down like this hahaha, Sardamanu cheesy
Why don't you start trying all the suggested cards like trial and error was a very wise decision? Or you think it's effortless to get every card variant in Nigeria? FYI, I tried one card and spent about 4k in the process and it didn't work even before Africard was blocked. You can just dig deep into your well of wisdom to start trying random cards to see which work.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 19, 2020
The stanbic prepaid card you got is it a visa or verve card
dgunz:
yes, same exact requirement just like africard , even eco bank too, just go to any of this bank, eco and stabic ibtc bank , and it must be prepaid card and also fund it over in the bank like 2k so you activate it too
and when you get the card you must clear cookies from your browser if possible use another browser and log in to your PayPal with the country short abbreviation (my is Lesotho and that is ls) and dont remove the old card (africard)

for the first bank i heard it complex to get it they will say they have a multicurrency card and to get it, they start to ask you stupid questions,

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2020
Pamela28:
The stanbic prepaid card you got is it a visa or verve card
Whatever you do, don't get Verve.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 19, 2020
PattyMike:

I'm very sure you saw when I clearly wrote "WebshopNG" as an exchanger. I think Nwafresh referred me to him and I have done several successful transactions with no complains, many others on this thread have done so as well. Also any interested seller who reads the last 20-25 threads will see recommendations for Webshop. Getting scammed by exchangers has never been a fear here, definitely not because if u ask for a trusted exchanger in this group some will definitely point you to the right direction. I think its greed that makes people get scammed by exchangers, the normal rate might be 320 or 325 but someone promise you 340 or 345 and because of 20 naira some people will enter trap. But let's say I work for $200 a month on QA, I buy on aliexpress(things I might sell for lesser price o) it takes 2 or more weeks to get to naija(it might be lesser if you pay more for shipping I don't know) and if God punish you, it now land at the nearest post office, you will seriously blame yourself with extra fees. That money you're trying to avoid losing at exchangers, you will loose more on post office clearing fee, selling at lower price, time wastage(make house come dry that period, otokoto). Sometimes what you ordered might have problem or fault and you'd have to reship back if u buy from manufacturer or you carry your cross. Abi u want to buy from alibaba or that China site, u will import coronavirus to your house las las. Greed is not good, don't be greedy its your hard work but don't be greedy use the exchangers until there is a solution. Also some people use this Kenya app exchanger, forgot the name. I think Opay should work but I haven't tried it or researched on it.
Calm down my broda, when you don taste Honey e go difficult to adapt to Heineken.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2020
PattyMike:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
samsard:
Why don't you start trying all the suggested cards like trial and error was a very wise decision? Or you think it's effortless to get every card variant in Nigeria? FYI, I tried one card and spent about 4k in the process and it didn't work even before Africard was blocked. You can just dig deep into your well of wisdom to start trying random cards to see which work.
Dis one go dey do like say nah him wise pass. Who is this one telling "for your information" who dey follow dis one speak English. Wetin concern me with all this English wey this one dey talk. My PayPal does not accept cards of any sorts so I'm not facing the change in fortunes that has befallen you guys. Right from day one I've always used exchangers and I really pity those ones trying all sorts of cards, you are risking your PayPal account. There are several solutions but its not really my problem so I'm not tripping. So many many solutions dey, use Google search it out, all the answers y'all seek are there. People should really stop whining and complaining on the thread here that Africard is cancelled. Just imagine some people have refused to work until they see solution, no wahala. For a whole UBA Africard(a pan African bank) to be cancelled, I really don't think any Nigerian prepaid card can work. Maybe a Ghanian bank card or Lesotho bank card or any other country prepaid card might work. Paypal knows what they're doing when they banned this regardless of the income on fees Africard generates for them, they still closed it. You guys can keep trying various cards o but as I talk before, you're risking your PayPal account. I don't know anything about Dollar card so I can't comment if that'll work or not, even to use the PayPal buy bitcoin on paxful or localbitcoin is not accepted for GnS PayPal users, only family n friends and you'll still short cus you won't be buying for example that exact $100 worth of bit coin, maybe $78 bitcoin or less or more depending on the rate. And you'll pay via PayPal $100 complete but will sell $78 worth of bitcoins for I think N345/$. So calculate it yourself to see the one wey go pay you. This only works for FnF (family and friends) PayPal not GnS (Goods and services) PayPal.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
samsard:
Guys, has anyone ever tried withdrawing PayPal funds with Xoom?
Boss, any findings concerning this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by silaxx(m): 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Playz:
You can't use your PayPal balance to send money through Xoom

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
Playz:
Only for European and North American PayPal addresses.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Trow: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
I think the withdrawal problem is from PayPal end, I mailed PayPal and their response was that they cannot process the transfer because it was declined by my card issuer. I hope uba fix this Asaph.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgunz: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
hi guys update on africard
africard as i was told today from uba atm representative says they have been on upgrade since last week Thursday, i want to withdraw the remaining small cash on my africard but i was not able to withdraw, i was even prompted on the atm machine that my pin was incorrect, it was funny to me cos i have been using this card for long now i heard to go to nearby uba bank and use their atm and same issues i went to complain and they told me that there are into upgrade, that why that probably next week he guess it will be all fine, so no panic if you are using africard and forget all this once saying PayPal as ban africard , if PayPal have ban africard why do day say you should update your card if you have not update it for long, there is a reason , THINKKKKK

by the way as i said on stanbic ibtc, is the aiternative it just like africard , eco bank will have been too but i was told today that there no more requesting for the visa prepaid card cos it not an always ask card , but i feel people living in lagos will get it but at there head office, I know no one love that stress, that why i said Stanbic ibtc

when filling the form pls tick visa naira only not ( nifi or isn cant remember ) dont tick visa dollar too only visa naira and other stuffs follow just like as you got your africard , go with your ID, nepa bill and BVn, and lastly when ticking income flow tick 150 to 750 thousand naira or batter still tick 750 thosand naira and above , this is like africard when you will have to tick international high ( those that have africard will understand), then you will be asked to pay N1075 FOR THE CARD TO BE PURCHASED THEN 3 TO 5 WORKING DAYs you will be sent an email to get your card

when you get it tactivate it by crediting it (like 2k) and changin all pin when you link to your PayPal make sure you clear all cookies before you try to withdraw it will definitely work ,

if you like aguee with me to screen shot , you will wait till Jesus comes and help you out , have tried bye

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ethereum: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
dgunz:
africard as i was told today from uba atm representative says they have been on upgrade since last week Thursday, i want to withdraw the remaining small cash on my africard but i was not able to withdraw, i was even prompted on the atm machine that my pin was incorrect, it was funny to me cos i have been using this card for long now i heard to go to nearby uba bank and use their atm and same issues i went to complain and they told me that there are into upgrade, that why that probably next week he guess it will be all fine, so no panic if you are using africard and forget all this once saying PayPal as ban africard , if PayPal have ban africard why do day say you should update your card if you have not update it for long, there is a reason , THINKKKKK

by the way as i said on stanbic ibtc, is the aiternative it just like africard , eco bank will have been too but i was told today that there no more requesting for the visa prepaid card cos it not an always ask card , but i feel people living in lagos will get it but at there head office, I know no one love that stress, that why i said Stanbic ibtc

when filling the form pls tick visa naira only not ( nifi or isn cant remember ) dont tick visa dollar too only visa naira and other stuffs follow just like as you got your africard , go with your ID, nepa bill and BVn, and lastly when ticking income flow tick 150 to 750 thousand naira or batter still tick 750 thosand naira and above , this is like africard when you will have to tick international high ( those that have africard will understand), then you will be asked to pay N1075 FOR THE CARD TO BE PURCHASED THEN 3 TO 5 WORKING DAYs you will be sent an email to get your card

when you get it tactivate it by crediting it (like 2k) and changin all pin when you link to your PayPal make sure you clear all cookies before you try to withdraw it will definitely work ,

if you like aguee with me to screen shot , you will wait till Jesus comes and help you out , have tried bye

Well said, Lastly before you go how was the rate/$ on stanbic Visa- Was it higher or lower or same as uba Africard? Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
dgunz:

I use the UBA Low card as agaisnt the popular High and it worked since.

LOW signifies withdrawal less than 300k a month

HIGH signifies 700k limit a month. I guess the cards were acquired wrongly for limit purpose.

So, for you to advise picking up HIGH card may not be necessary. Even the great EFOSA cannot use up the withdrawal 300k from a LOW card, monthly.

Meanwhile my last withdrawal was on Thursday... When did this problem start actually?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
dgunz:

But I was able to transfer some money from my africard account to my sister this morning.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
kamikaz1:

I use the UBA Low card as agaisnt the popular High and it worked since.

LOW signifies withdrawal less than 300k a month

HIGH signifies 700k limit a month. I guess the cards were acquired wrongly for limit purpose.

So, for you to advise picking up HIGH card may not be necessary. Even the great EFOSA cannot use up the withdrawal 300k from a LOW card, monthly.

Meanwhile my last withdrawal was on Thursday... When did this problem start actually?
Some here use their card for things other than just Qa. And trust me, there are people that are maxing out international low limit in a few days.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ethereum:

Well said, Lastly before you go how was the rate/$ on stanbic Visa- Was it higher or lower or same as uba Africard? Thank you
I don't know why he has refused to answer this question. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
samsard:
Some here use their card for things other than just Qa. And trust me, there are people that are maxing out international low limit in a few days.

Ok I was talking about QA only though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nerdnextdoor: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
https://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/transcription-equipment/
Yeah thanks, It's actually annoying that you know very minimal of what you claim to know much about. FYI, QA is not the only transcribing platform.
SUPERPACK:
Please stop spamming the thread with your Grammarly business, working on QA doesn't require one. It's becoming annoying.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Besto(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Playz:
I don't know why he has refused to answer this question. lipsrsealed

Guy is a joke
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
kamikaz1:

Ok I was talking about QA only though.
Yeah, Even Ralph L will not be maxing it out easily grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nerdnextdoor:
https://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/transcription-equipment/
Yeah thanks, It's actually annoying that you know very minimal of what you claim to know much about. FYI, QA is not the only transcribing platform.
Get the Bleep out nigga with your rubbish grammarly we don't fucking need it. Qa transcribers don't need it please take it to other platforms that need it. Rubbish and ingredient.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
dgunz, you've been crawling this thread since morning, you've not still told us what rate you withdrew at.
The amount heavy for mouth? grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by elantraceey(f): 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
samsard:

please can I send you a pm? I need some assistance.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
samsard:
Prepaid cards are usually not linked to ANY BANK ACCOUNT, so I don't know how come you guys are talking about a prepaid card that requires the opening of a bank account. But seeing this is a dollar card sef, it is probably not worth the double wahala at the end.
What do you have to say about this bro?

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Rapisares(m): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
jaywalker04:

I actually use aimtoget so I can vouch for them

Hello bro. Can you put me through on how to use aimtoget?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
kayusdguy:

What do you have to say about this bro?
I don't know what they're talking about, prepaid cards do not (to the very best of my knowledge) do not require an account, not just in Nigeria. They will still require account opening information or KYC aka know your customer. Maybe for some reason they have a different process, but I doubt that.
Note that banks scarcely get requests for prepaid cards, some of their staff are basically unaware of its existence or how it works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.