Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423432 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
samsard:
Payoneer na
Someone like Prenom should be leading the pack, but he's busy making bucks to care

True that would be a major boost.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
The payoneer, can you withdraw directly to your bank? Is it not the same exchanger you will use so what's difference does it make?
nwafresh:

I made a statement about other payment option last week, but we ignored and we're waiting for "a Moses to lead the children of Israelites out of Egypt while we do nothing". Let's agree on a payment method, write a letter to Qa and I'll personally risk everything and send it to her. Bad as e bad, they'll reject it but at least we'll know that we tried. Las las if we don't have a lot of people willing to respond, I'll DM big madam and tell her my issues of not working lately and seek for a payment option. Highest she'll disagree, but I'll proud that I tried
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pamela28:
The payoneer, can you withdraw directly to your bank? Is it not the same exchanger you will use so what's difference does it make?
You can withdraw to bank or via their card.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Toks78: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
please kindly guide me on what to do today is my first day on the job but am really confused,
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by lameda40(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pamela28 yes Daddy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Toks78: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
someone come to my rescue I am on a hot seat right now@thorrvic55 kindly save my soul ☹️
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Toks78:
someone come to my rescue I am on a hot seat right now@thorrvic55 kindly save my soul ☹️
Ogini?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
please kindly guide me on what to do with the above today is my first day on the job but am really confused[/quote]

It's against Qa. Take it down.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:

Edit your quote
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Toks78: 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:

how do I take down?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Toks78: 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
samsard:
Edit your quote
thanks I already modified it except for the one you already quoted.please kindly assist me on how to proceed on QA transcription I am on my first job but it all confusing
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
Toks78:
thanks I already modified it except for the one you already quoted.please kindly assist me on how to proceed on QA transcription I am on my first job but it all confusing
Have you received onboarding instructions from the SCCs on Slack?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
I don DM big madam

"Good day, ma'am. I'm sure work is going on smoothly. I know it's wrong contacting you without your approval, but I think it's time I bring this to your notice. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this might cause you or the company. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of myself and thousands of transcribers who are having issues with Paypal solely for an alternative in payment method. If you check my account, I've not been active for the past three weeks due to the fact that the prepaid card linked to my PayPal and that of thousands of transactions from my region got suspended due to the activities carried out with the prepaid cards by fraudsters( not Qa transcribers). So it affected both those fraudsters as well as people earning legit money like Qa. We are now having issues with our funds hanging on PayPal, thereby making it difficult for us to withdraw to our local bank account. Please ma'am, we plead that you help us earning legit cash from this great company, Qa and tender our proposal to the higher authority for consideration. Using Payoneer as another method of payment would be highly appreciated. A lot of us are graduates and this is what has been paying our bills. Once again, I'm sorry for contacting you without your consent, but we need your help"

This was her response

"We have plans of looking into this in the future, Jude. But I'll be honest with you that right now, this isn't in the long list of priorities we have."

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:
I don DM big madam

"Good day, ma'am. I'm sure work is going on smoothly. I know it's wrong contacting you without your approval, but I think it's time I bring this to your notice. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this might cause you or the company. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of myself and thousands of transcribers who are having issues with Paypal solely for an alternative in payment method. If you check my account, I've not been active for the past three weeks due to the fact that the prepaid card linked to my PayPal and that of thousands of transactions from my region got suspended due to the activities carried out with the prepaid cards by fraudsters( not Qa transcribers). So it affected both those fraudsters as well as people earning legit money like Qa. We are now having issues with our funds hanging on PayPal, thereby making it difficult for us to withdraw to our local bank account. Please ma'am, we plead that you help us earning legit cash from this great company, Qa and tender our proposal to the higher authority for consideration. Using Payoneer as another method of payment would be highly appreciated. A lot of us are graduates and this is what has been paying our bills. Once again, I'm sorry for contacting you without your consent, but we need your help"

This was her response

"We have plans of looking into this in the future, Jude. But I'll be honest with you that right now, this isn't in the long list of priorities we have."

Hummmm
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Okay. Hello people. I heard that PayPal is now limiting Lesotho accounts here and there. Has anybody else heard of this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ayoola1986:
Torch1 since you sent through gns you have no choice than to wait
Is it possible to send through fnf with my business account? How do I do it next time instead of gns? I have checked and I can't find the option there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:
I don DM big madam

This was her response

I suggest you take down the screenshot though.
TBH, suspicion of fraud and money laundry is more likely the reason Africard was blocked. No serious person collects fraudulent money and withdraws to bank from PayPal. That is highly traceable. From an exchange I saw on Twitter between UBA Ghana and a tweep, it seems UBA was getting alarmed by the money coming in. Because seriously there's a lot of Nigerians making money online legitimately. India has a lot more frausters than Nigeria can dream of and yet they have PayPal fully available. Nigeria just doesn't have regulations that allow for some things.
Once again, India has a lot more fraudsters than Nigeria can dream of.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
kayusdguy:
Okay. Hello people. I heard that PayPal is now limiting Lesotho accounts here and there. Has anybody else heard of this?

I kept my word by chatting with big madam. I'll urge old transcribers here to try and see if she'll help our ministry. Prenom, samsard, thorvic etc.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
kayusdguy:
PayPal always blocks accounts en masse periodically, especially now that exchanging funds is the only way guys are cashing out.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:

I kept my word by chatting with big madam. I'll urge old transcribers here to try and see if she'll help our ministry. Prenom, samsard, thorvic etc.
She already responded that it is not on their long list right now. I already asked her last year if they had plans and she responded saying not right now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
samsard:
PayPal always blocks accounts en masse periodically, especially now that exchanging funds is the only way guys are cashing out.
So what are we going to do like this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:

I've already done that twice and she no gree. I don't want her to be saying my own is too much.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
kayusdguy:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Toks78: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
samsard:
Have you received onboarding instructions from the SCCs on Slack?
I have not received anything of such from slack &SCC... please kindly put me through to it am in an helpless situations
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Toks78:
I have not received anything of such from slack &SCC... please kindly put me through to it am in an helpless situations
Have you registered on Slack, watched the training videos and read the FAQ? Please go through the emails they sent you. It'll be easier to assist you if you know the basics.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
nwafresh:
I don DM big madam

This was her response

You have done well. You tried.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
samsard:
I suggest you take down the screenshot though.
TBH, suspicion of fraud and money laundry is more likely the reason Africard was blocked. No serious person collects fraudulent money and withdraws to bank from PayPal. That is highly traceable. From an exchange I saw on Twitter between UBA Ghana and a tweep, it seems UBA was getting alarmed by the money coming in. Because seriously there's a lot of Nigerians making money online legitimately. India has a lot more frausters than Nigeria can dream of and yet they have PayPal fully available. Nigeria just doesn't have regulations that allow for some things.
Once again, India has a lot more fraudsters than Nigeria can dream of.

Why do you/ we Nigerians like to patronise ourselves/yourself laidis?

If India like they should have 3 billion fraudsters, you can not compare it's popularity to Nigerian scam. Maybe if you had called it a result of stereotype, would have been better.

PayPal was the fastest way Nigerian scammers used to defraud people back then, with fake bank ID for your information.

Didn't Western Union also limit how much that could be sent to Nigeria due to issues of scam? Do the bank agents not advise their citizen not to send money abroad due to Nigerian scams?

The truth is in our face but that's one disadvantage of being a Nigerian. We will just have to deal with it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
kamikaz1:

If India like they should have 3 billion fraudsters, you can not compare it's popularity to Nigerian scam. Maybe if you had called it a result of stereotype, would have been better.

PayPal was the fastest way Nigerian scammers used to defraud people back then, with fake bank ID for your information.

Didn't Western Union also limit how much that could be sent to Nigeria due to issues of scam? Do the bank agents not advise their citizen not to send money abroad due to Nigerian scams?

The truth is in our face but that's one disadvantage of being a Nigerian. We will just have to deal with it.

Do you have the stats for number of fraudsters relative to population? Or you just assumed Nigerians have more?
Indians aren't just into cyber crime, they're into sophisticated cyber crimes and even their people know about it.
Have you ever heard of Russian cyber criminals? Do you know that those guys pull more dollars in a year than Nigerians can dream of?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
kamikaz1:

This are the stats for countries "generating cybercrimes".

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.