Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424372 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
Greatihex:
I also was on the beta platform before 3 weeks ago, but things changed after I was kicked out and I opened a new account.

When did you join?
I've been kicked out once too. Joined in November for the first time, was kicked out, took the test again late December and it's been fair ever since. Getting close to being a Goldie.

But wait ooo, all ye Veterans in QA World that transcribe 10mins call within 30mins/1hour. What type of AI do you people use because I tried using Otter but it didn't work for me. It looks as if Otter is being synced into the Beta platform because there's really no difference here. I wanna be good like you guys oooo.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Greatihex:
big madam has already told me that there is no timeline for when they will migrate everyone, but I want to have an idea of when it may be..

I researched on the average time people usually take to test a beta version and the average I saw was 12 weeks, so I want to count 16 weeks from the time it was first introduced, so that I can have a time line for myself.

What I want to know is the time you guys first noticed it?
Why not create another account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why not create another account.
I am not happy saying this, but since that time I was sacked till just now, I have created four accounts and none got the beta version. I give up.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
berbs:

I've been kicked out once too. Joined in November for the first time, was kicked out, took the test again late December and it's been fair ever since. Getting close to being a Goldie.

But wait ooo, all ye Veterans in QA World that transcribe 10mins call within 30mins/1hour. What type of AI do you people use because I tried using Otter but it didn't work for me. It looks as if Otter is being synced into the Beta platform because there's really no difference here. I wanna be good like you guys oooo.
so you got the beta version in November when you first registered?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
Greatihex:
so you got the beta version in November when you first registered?
Yes, for the 1st and 2nd entries.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
berbs:

Yes, for the 1st and 2nd entries.
wow. And I Don create four accounts since yesterday yet no beta version for me.

Na for me to just wait until them migrate everybody go there and I believe the time is near.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Greatihex:
I don't think there's any need for multiple accounts. Just make do with what you're being given. Some sites like REV and Verbit use the old platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
berbs:

I don't think there's any need for multiple accounts. Just make do with what you're being given. Some sites like REV and Verbit use the old platform.
my issue is that I can't work well with audios that are not playing full and continuous. I need that to be able to work well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ezedioranma9(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
The bloke that did this, u and ya madam don settle so?

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
Greatihex:
my issue is that I can't work well with audios that are not playing full and continuous. I need that to be able to work well.

Look for ways to adapt as fast as you can.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by DavictimIsDope(m): 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dgreatman10:

Good day bro, howdy?
Pls how far regarding the Paypal/UBA, e don drop?
No,I sent a message not too long ago and the reply is attached
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:02am On Mar 10, 2020
ezedioranma9:
Is he a Nairalander?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Topshow4real: 1:39am On Mar 10, 2020
Greatihex:

Na for me to just wait until them migrate everybody go there and I believe the time is near.

Which one is the better version? Is it the one that worked well on mobile? Since I created a new account 3days ago, I've not been able work on my phone. . It's just complicated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 6:05am On Mar 10, 2020
I'm quite confused. What exactly is the point of this new outline?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:05am On Mar 10, 2020
Nigerians are learning scam where Indians are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rmvhwwiQAY
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Scribie's pay is so low that it is ridiculous even by third world standards, imagine $5 an audio hour.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2020
Topshow4real:

Which one is the beta version? Is it the one that worked well on mobile? Since I created a new account 3days ago, I've not been able work on my phone. . It's just complicated.
the one that is not like the one shown in the training video.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2020
samsard:
Scribie's pay is so low that it is ridiculous even by third world standards, imagine $5 an audio hour.
lol, let me just stick with my QAWorld.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 6:40am On Mar 10, 2020
DavictimIsDope:

Na wah oo. March 17 ke?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 6:46am On Mar 10, 2020
Greatihex:
big madam has already told me that there is no timeline for when they will migrate everyone, but I want to have an idea of when it may be..

I researched on the average time people usually take to test a beta version and the average I saw was 12 weeks, so I want to count 16 weeks from the time it was first introduced, so that I can have a time line for myself.

What I want to know is the time you guys first noticed it?

Register with another email and see whether that will be taken to the beta version.

I don't pray to go to that beta version because of that Ai stuff. I like this older version. I was initially on the beta version but was kicked out because of poor ratings. Now, I'm few 5s from getting a gold badge despite the fact that I don't transcribe everyday, sometimes for a week.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:49am On Mar 10, 2020
Greatihex:
lol, let me just stick with my QAWorld.
They have varying pay, but imagine being as low as $5 for a one hour audio, very ridiculous regardless of how clear it may be.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2020
kamikaz1:

Na wah oo. March 17 ke?
At least if e enter. Seem the guy is an Africard VIP

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 6:53am On Mar 10, 2020
samsard:

And I almost joined few days ago o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2020
DavictimIsDope:

I hope they resolve every issue

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 7:06am On Mar 10, 2020
samsard:
At least if e enter. Seem the guy is an Africard VIP

Lol. So If e enter now, na to dey wait 2 2 weeks? Chai

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 7:08am On Mar 10, 2020
samsard:
Dem go sell oooo.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 7:17am On Mar 10, 2020
samsard:
Nigerians are learning scam where Indians are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rmvhwwiQAY

Chai!!! Diaris God ooo. All these scamming they are sharing in Grugham, diaris God oooo. lipsrsealed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 7:18am On Mar 10, 2020
Olabowa:

Register with another email and see whether that will be taken to the beta version.

I don't pray to go to that beta version because of that Ai stuff. I like this older version. I was initially on the beta version but was kicked out because of poor ratings. Now, I'm few 5s from getting a gold badge despite the fact that I don't transcribe everyday, sometimes for a week.
after being hit by the AI bug twice, I have learnt how to deal with it. It usually shows signs when it wants to hit.

Usually, you start having to return your cursor to where you initially placed it, after it must have jumped from there to the end of the transcript. When this happens severally, always know that the AI bug has come.

What I do is to reload the page for like 2 to 3 times and then delete the rubbish it has done and continue with my job.

Anyway, I just sent an email back to the help desk requesting that my account be reinstated. I just pray that they should consider me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2020
ezedioranma9:

Na this Kain people dey use their own koba other people. Lol

Just like some people did I TOO KNOW and they blocked PayPal. Arlen go soon block phone for those that use phones. Lol.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NkShallom(f): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2020
Good morning guys, pls I have a quick question to ask. I know most people here are likely using grammarly. So our project supervisor in school said we should pay for grammarly account so he can use it to be correcting our works, I know it's good. But paying that $139.95 for grammarly premium is too much. I think there should be a way around it, I talked with someone on nairaland and he told me he sells same grammarly account for just 6k. Pls is it actually possible to get a grammarly account cheaper than the price on their official website?.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ezedioranma9(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2020
NkShallom:
Good morning guys, pls I have a quick question to ask. I know most people here are likely using grammarly. So our project supervisor in school said we should pay for grammarly account so he can use it to be correcting our works, I know it's good. But paying that $139.95 for grammarly premium is too much. I think there should be a way around it, I talked with someone on nairaland and he told me he sells same grammarly account for just 6k. Pls is it actually possible to get a grammarly account cheaper than the price on their official website?.
Very possible. Some sell for 1k sef.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tshege(m): 9:52am On Mar 10, 2020
mytym:

Are you the dude from twitter? (Tshege)
Olusegun Z.

I'm just here to double check saw the digits, dialled it and my phone showed it as already saved olusegun z.

grin yes I am the dude from twitter

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.