Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425346 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hureira: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Greatihex:
although you need a strong network, but auto clicker app can go along way in helping to pick calls for you. You can search for the app on Playstore.
thank you so much
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
I have registered on QA for some time now, but can't even get a 3 point rating

At some point, it seems the speakers just intentionally don't want you to hear what they are saying, and I can't seem to drop a call whenever I pick one.

Please, house, is there a way around it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
hausadreturn:
How're you doing guys?
It seems to me that the platform is like a jungle nowadays.

I've been reading to see people talking about the fact that they want to check this gig stuff out. They're also talking and asking about phones to get, laptops to get, etc.
Well, if the old ones won't tell you, I've been here longer, so I'll tell you.
With what I've seen these past few days, this is more than a difficult time to join QA. I'm not saying you shouldn't try. I mean, you have to. How many people even go to work nowadays. But I can understand why the old ones won't want to discourage you to join and try. Na make e no be like say na bad belle. And I understand that. But sometimes, we need to look ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves something. And I'm only telling you what I'm telling myself. That we have to patiently wait till all this is over.
But now, Jesus! I can't deal. This is for me though. You might have something of a more hustling spirit than I do.

Prenom or Efosa, it's nice to see people hailing you about being on the top table for 3 weeks in a row. I really congratulate your efforts. This is good.
I remember saying it some months ago, that no matter how you try on QA, some people still better pass some people. And you've shown that.

But real talk. In my humble opinion, YOU FAILED THIS THREAD. Yes, you did.
You're telling people that if you look and fix your eyes on the queue continuously, you'll see jobs. I don't doubt you. But will continually looking on the thread also show you jobs that will give you over 600 minutes worth of jobs?
YOU FAILED THIS THREAD.
I go through the thread and see tips that have opened doors to a whole lot to of people. From africard, using phones, ear piece, F-cuk, slack, etc.
Where are you in all of this?

C'mon! Look at the people joining and asking questions and recommendations. Don't just lead them on a wild-goose-chase. Tell them plainly and tell them the truth. That this is difficult, and that they cannot get good jobs. Don't tell them to open their eyes and fix it on the thread because that's a dreadful thing to say.

And for those that have been older here, tell guys the truth.
We were able to take people to where we had been. Now, you guys are taking people to where they cannot be, by encouraging them to be dedicated. This is crass, unfair, and unreasonable.

Do the right thing.

I beg to disagree. Why would you discourage someone not to try and make attempt? Very wrong. Mind you, lot of folks from Kenya and other parts of the world still join every minute. Why won't our fellow Nigerian brethren join too What folks need now is good internet speed and their eyes on the queue, that's all. I joined QA relatively new and I'm a couple of tens away from the Gold badge. This doesn't necessarily mean that I've not had my 1s and 2s. Been kicked out once also. It all boils down to being patient and persevere. Now, what I want y'all to know is that it you have issues decoding what is been said, there'll be issues because the transcription softwares will only give you ideas or options. Depend on the AI at our own peril. I no know as Efosa take fail you oooo Maybe you can explain better sir.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
berbs:

I beg to disagree. Why would you discourage someone not to try and make attempt? Very wrong. Mind you, lot of folks from Kenya and other parts of the world still join every minute. Why won't our fellow Nigerian brethren join too What folks need now is good internet speed and their eyes on the queue, that's all. I joined QA relatively new and I'm a couple of tens away from the Gold badge. This doesn't necessarily mean that I've not had my 1s and 2s. Been kicked out once also. It all boils down to being patient and persevere. Now, what I want y'all to know is that it you have issues decoding what is been said, there'll be issues because the transcription softwares will only give you ideas or options. Depend on the AI at our own peril. I no know as Efosa take fail you oooo Maybe you can explain better sir.
You missed his whole point. He doesn't feel like it's worth the trouble as it is right now. Personally, I don't have the patience to wait for calls. I literally started giving up on Qaworld since maybe late January or sometime in February.
But at the end, it's better than nothing for a lot of folks who have the patience for it.
I believe he's saying it's not worth the trouble and no one should be made to believe it's a walk in the park to join, just watch the queue and get calls.
But again, different life circumstances for different people and it's still worth the trouble for some.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by elantraceey(f): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Greatihex:
although you need a strong network, but auto clicker app can go along way in helping to pick calls for you. You can search for the app on Playstore.

Thank you so so much. I finally picked a Penn Foster call that I've been missing since without touching my phone. This is surely a lifesaver.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bring your paypal Funds,Bitcoin,Gift cards,Cashapp,Zelle,venmo,Neteller for instant payment

Just call or WhatsApp me

paypal funds
Venmo
Zelle
ITunes card
Amazon card
Ebay gift card
Steam wallet
Google play store
Amex gift card
Bitcoin

Just call or WhatsApp me
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 12:16am On Apr 22, 2020
elantraceey:

Thank you so so much. I finally picked a Penn Foster call that I've been missing since without touching my phone. This is surely a lifesaver.
You are welcome, ma'am.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Hureira:
thank you so much
you are welcome, sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hureira: 2:01am On Apr 22, 2020
Picked first call today, wasnt clear, so i released it. second one came, was rated 1, edited and was rated 2. bad start
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 7:51am On Apr 22, 2020
Greatihex:
you are welcome, sir.
Boss, i just downloaded the auto clicker app but I'm not clear on how to set it up. Can you please put me through.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2020
phranklyn92:
Boss, i just downloaded the auto clicker app but I'm not clear on how to set it up. Can you please put me through.
Thanks in anticipation.
if the one you downloaded has the icon as in the picture below, then once you install it, it will direct you to enable it in your settings. After that, click on settings as in the picture below and setting it as in the next picture. Then click on "enable" and move the circle as shown below to the target area (i.e. where you want it to click, then click on the play button and then wait for it to pick calls for you.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Greatihex:
if the one you downloaded has the icon as in the picture below, then once you install it, it will direct you to enable it in your settings. After that, click on settings as in the picture below and setting it as in the next picture. Then click on "enable" and move the circle as shown below to the target area (i.e. where you want it to click, then click on the play button and then wait for it to pick calls for you.
Waoh! Thanks alot chief. God bless.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ronicare: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hi, kindly help on qaworld, on this "To be clearer, the function will be describing something to dressing to us, and I believe it is in development. We are very focused on billing the box put up in the space, but we surf to priorities new features. You looking for the body to add multiple accounts and see the top networks for our accounts, it is that right?

Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ronicare: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hi, kindly help on qa world, on this "To be clearer, the function will be describing something to dressing to us, and I believe it is in development. We are very focused on billing the box put up in the space, but we surf to priorities new features. You looking for the body to add multiple accounts and see the top networks for our accounts, it is that right?

Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
ronicare:
Hi, kindly help on qa world, on this "To be clearer, the function will be describing something to dressing to us, and I believe it is in development. We are very focused on billing the box put up in the space, but we surf to priorities new features. You looking for the body to add multiple accounts and see the top networks for our accounts, it is that right?

Thank you
To be clear, the functionality you're describing is something we've had suggested to us. and I believe it's in development. We're very focused on building the best product in the space, but we still have to prioritise new features. To reiterate, you're looking for the ability to highlight multiple accounts and see the top metrics for all highlighted accounts. Is that right?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2020
SUPERPACK:
To be clear, the functionality you're describing is something we've had suggested to us. and I believe it's in development. We're very focused on building the best product in the space, but we still have to prioritise new features. To reiterate, you're looking for the ability to highlight multiple accounts and see the top metrics for all highlighted accounts. Is that right?

To the old transcribers that has been working on the new platform for some time while using dia phone. How do you get to work faster? Qa just pushed everyone to the new platform and I'm not as fast as the old platform. Any secret will be appreciated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2020
nwafresh:

To the old transcribers that has been working on the new platform for some time while using dia phone. How do you get to work faster? Qa just pushed everyone to the new platform and I'm not as fast as the old platform. Any secret will be appreciated.
So, we enter the same boat sha. Abeg, make una epp us.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 1:31am On Apr 23, 2020
nwafresh:

I think it's even easier to work on phone with this platform. I rarely use phone, though. It was funny when I picked a 19 minutes call and saw that platform. I had to logout and log back in to be sure it was my account grin It slowed me down yeah, but I think with practise, and more practise, we'll get used to it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 6:03am On Apr 23, 2020
nwafresh:

The new platform is best for phone users. I have been using phone from day one, but after their recent update on the new platform, I noticed that it gets slow with low RAM devices especially if the call is 10 minutes and above. I use a 2gb RAM tablet and a 4gb RAM phone and I've noticed that it's very frustrating to work on long calls with the tablet. So, if your phone has good RAM size, then you're good to go.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 6:51am On Apr 23, 2020
Mekanus:
The new platform is best for phone users. I have been using phone from day one, but after their recent update on the new platform, I noticed that it gets slow with low RAM devices especially if the call is 10 minutes and above. I use a 2gb RAM tablet and a 4gb RAM phone and I've noticed that it's very frustrating to work on long calls with the tablet. So, if your phone has good RAM size, then you're good to go.

Do you remove the snippets before working? And hope it doesn't affect your work?
Me no like this new platform jare.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2020
Olabowa:

Do you remove the snippets before working? And hope it doesn't affect your work?
Me no like this new platform jare.
Removing the snippets makes it even more stressful because you'd have to be scrolling up and down to play, pause or rewind the audio.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Omarion120(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Good morning guys, keep up the good works
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2020
holluikon:
*GOOD MORNING*

Buying all your PayPal funds now, instant Payment, no hold/Pending

*$10--$200 GNS needed Asap*

*Bring what you have, I'll accumulate*

*HAPPY EASTER*

Contact via my signature

Hi. I texted you

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2020
nwafresh:

1. Install Hackers Keyboard, set it up so that you can see the function keys and you are good to go.
2. Always remove all the snippets using the ''Remove all snippets button'' before working on any call.
3. Should you plan to use the snippets, do not delete or backspace any of them.
4. Break-up the AI transcript into 2 or 4 parts taking note of the conversation flow, when listening to the call for the first time to prevent lagging or frozen keys.
5. Try as much as possible to save your work by downloading it before submitting it, should in case the bug spoils your work you can copy and paste from the saved copy when you get the redo.
6. The new platform has a cache problem meaning that it mostly doesn't save your work as you type, so do not refresh the work page or open the work in another tab at the middle of a job.
7. Lastly, do not delete any speaker label you created by mistake, just leave it blank, deleting it have been found to trigger the AI bug on many occasion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:55am On Apr 23, 2020
Omarion120:
Good morning guys, keep up the good works
The africard is currently working, try it again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:58am On Apr 23, 2020
Mekanus:
Removing the snippets makes it even more stressful because you'd have to be scrolling up and down to play, pause or rewind the audio.
Install hackers keyboard from playstore and you will be able to use ''F7 and the others to rewind and fast forward'' Esc to pause and play.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by fyinka47(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2020
holluikon:
*GOOD MORNING*

Buying all your PayPal funds now, instant Payment, no hold/Pending

*$10--$200 GNS needed Asap*

*Bring what you have, I'll accumulate*

*HAPPY EASTER*

Contact via my signature
Hello
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Install hackers keyboard from playstore and you will be able to use ''F7 and the others to rewind and fast forward'' Esc to pause and play.
Working with the snippets is better than that keyboard.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2020
SUPERPACK:

1. Install Hackers Keyboard, set it up so that you can see the function keys and you are good to go.
2. Always remove all the snippets using the ''Remove all snippets button'' before working on any call.
3. Should you plan to use the snippets, do not delete or backspace any of them.
4. Break-up the AI transcript into 2 or 4 parts taking note of the conversation flow, when listening to the call for the first time to prevent lagging or frozen keys.
5. Try as much as possible to save your work by downloading it before submitting it, should in case the bug spoils your work you can copy and paste from the saved copy when you get the redo.
6. The new platform has a cache problem meaning that it mostly doesn't save your work as you type, so do not refresh the work page or open the work in another tab at the middle of a job.
7. Lastly, do not delete any speaker label you created by mistake, just leave it blank, deleting it have been found to trigger the AI bug on many occasion.
This is serious oh. I picked a six minutes call this morning and in the process, I deleted a timestamp. I was just confused and had to release the call. Mad o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2020
Mekanus:
Working with the snippets is better than that keyboard.
It is, until you mistakenly delete one of them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
wisewordd:
This is serious oh. I picked a six minutes call this morning and in the process, I deleted a timestamp. I was just confused and had to release the call. Mad o.
If you haven't gone far in the call you can refresh the page to be sure no bug is present and then continue, but it is a gamble if you are already through.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2020
SUPERPACK:
If you haven't gone far in the call you can refresh the page to be sure no bug is present and then continue, but it is a gamble if you are already through.
The issue was, after deleting the snippet, I couldn't replay that particular part again, so I had to release because I didn't know the content.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.