Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422959 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
elantraceey:

Every week it's something new with them, this week is terribly slow rating and bad audio. I believe they now leave clear audio for their AI transcription and give the rest one to us at terrible pay. Or am I only one that have been picking mostly FC calls throughout the day? I'm slowly giving up mehn.
It's damn tiring. It's like those raters are doing nothing. Since morning only one out of those calls was rated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
samsard:
Nope. That can't be the issue. You can add up to five cards to PayPal if I'm not mistaken.
okay.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
elantraceey:

Every week it's something new with them, this week is terribly slow rating and bad audio. I believe they now leave clear audio for their AI transcription and give the rest one to us at terrible pay. Or am I only one that have been picking mostly FC calls throughout the day? I'm slowly giving up mehn.
since last week I have not worked on any ISSA or square call. The Penn Fosters and other clear calls have not been up to 3 apiece.

My account have been condemned to CLA, Funding Circle and CLH calls with no auto rating again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Estringx:

It's damn tiring. It's like those raters are doing nothing. Since morning only one out of those calls was rated.

Those guys are picking calls that they are going to rate, I guess.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
emperordachris:
hey guy's, so i took the gotranscript test today, how long does it take for them to get back to us.

which other platforms do you guys recommend i join.
It can take up to a week. After maybe 2 days you should try taking the test again. If you're able to see the test, then you didn't pass.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HAYSHIRES: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2020
And finally, I was able to cross my screen malfunction hurdles. All thanks to KINXU. He guided and calls at will just to ensure I got it right, it took us few hours of trouble shooting before we could sail through , I really do appreciate, that's really "being your brother's keeper"

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2020
Please anyone has any update on the calls auto rated one last week due to systems malfunction?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2020
samsard:
It can take up to a week. After maybe 2 days you should try taking the test again. If you're able to see the test, then you didn't pass.

For me it has been more than 2 months I took the test still I'm not able to retake it. I contacted them and they confirmed that I was not successful. Still till date I've not been able to retake. I'm considering changing email.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:39am On Jun 27, 2020
houzing:

For me it has been more than 2 months I took the test still I'm not able to retake it. I contacted them and they confirmed that I was not successful. Still till date I've not been able to retake. I'm considering changing email.
Oh, your case is special.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bro4u: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2020
Boss Samsard I've registered and took the test which I passed, but the thing is I didn't open the account with VPN, and you sabi say naija IP don cast, will it affect the account operations or do I need to create a new one with VPN
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
samsard:
Oh, your case is special.

Any solutions??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
bro4u:
Boss Samsard I've registered and took the test which I passed, but the thing is I didn't open the account with VPN, and you sabi say naija IP don cast, will it affect the account operations or do I need to create a new one with VPN
Which account is that? PayPal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
houzing:

Any solutions??
Honestly? No idea. You should probably use a new email. Even though Gotranscript blocks multiple accounts from same IP this should would probably not count.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bro4u: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
samsard:
Which account is that? PayPal?
No, latinhire... Btw about PayPal, does it require VPN for opening to keep naija IP anonymous? I wanna go for either Lesotho or south Africa
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
bro4u:

No, latinhire... Btw about PayPal, does it require VPN for opening to keep naija IP anonymous? I wanna go for either Lesotho or south Africa
Some use static IP which of course, is bought. Most of us operate it from Nigerian IP. I don't advise using VPN with PayPal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bro4u: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
samsard:
Some use static IP which of course, is bought. Most of us operate it from Nigerian IP. I don't advise using VPN with PayPal.
In conclusion, Nigerian IP is relatively safe on latinhire?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
bro4u:

In conclusion, Nigerian IP is relatively safe on latinhire?
I honestly don't know about Latin hire and Nigerian IP, I'm not on that platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
Quite strange. Take the matter to slack.
Estringx:
Something is definitely not right on Qa. I've almost 20 unrated calls. Anyone else experiencing this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
HAYSHIRES:
And finally, I was able to cross my screen malfunction hurdles. All thanks to KINZU. He guided and calls at will just to ensure I got it right, it took us few hours of trouble shooting before we could sail through , I really do appreciate, that's really "being your brother's keeper"

You're welcome, bro. Happy transcribing!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
houzing:
Please anyone has any update on the calls auto rated one last week due to systems malfunction?

Mine was corrected and paid.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by OluDonald1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
thorrvik55:

As a Nigerian u can't withdraw with ur Nigerian PayPal account that's why u need to create either a Lesotho, UAE or South Africa PayPal account, so u can withdraw ur funds here in Nigeria without any hassle...

Whichever one u prefer to open is fine, just don't open a Nigerian one. Me sha, I make use of a Lesotho PayPal account...

Hello to all my oga's in the house, please I need your help, there this Lesotho PayPal account that I opened earlier this month, I added a uba prepaid card during which I was charged #435, and also charged #853 when I verified the card last Sunday.
My worry is that I checked my PayPal account balance few minutes ago to see that the amount charged for the card verification which I think would be credited to my PayPal bal isn't there yet.

Please is anything wrong with the PayPal account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
OluDonald1:

Hello to all my oga's in the house, please I need your help, there this Lesotho PayPal account that I opened earlier this month, I added a uba prepaid card during which I was charged #435, and also charged #853 when I verified the card last Sunday.
My worry is that I checked my PayPal account balance few minutes ago to see that the amount charged for the card verification which I think would be credited to my PayPal bal isn't there yet.

Please is anything wrong with the PayPal account?
They refund back to ur card not to ur PayPal balance. Normally, the refund process takes 2 to 5 working days I guess

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
kinzu:

Boss.. Good evening, sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
thorrvik55:

Boss.. Good evening, sir.

thor baba! You still dey transcribe?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Imustreturn(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please help me with guidance one how to open south Africa PayPal account please
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HAYSHIRES: 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
kinzu:

Thanks boss
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by elantraceey(f): 12:14am On Jun 29, 2020
Quality rating reason: Engineering testing. Anyone seen that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 6:49am On Jun 29, 2020
elantraceey:
Quality rating reason: Engineering testing. Anyone seen that?

grin Which one is Engineering testing again. What was the Quality rating?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 6:55am On Jun 29, 2020
One week one trouble. Who knows what trouble QA has in stock for us this week. I still have 10 unrated calls. This past week is just so fvcked.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2020
kinzu:

grin Which one is Engineering testing again. What was the Quality rating?

Lol... I also have it o.. I did a 6min call around 2am and saw the rating notes like that.. Lol
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:15am On Jun 29, 2020
nwafresh:

Lol... I also have it o.. I did a 6min call around 2am and saw the rating notes like that.. Lol

grin But it wasn't a redo, right?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2020
Mekanus:
One week one trouble. Who knows what trouble QA has in stock for us this week. I still have 10 unrated calls. This past week is just so fvcked.

Maybe they have insufficient funds and they want to move payments further by a week, who knows. Make them no just do that auto 1 again

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.