Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424367 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LordShiva97(m): 4:27am On Aug 12, 2019
nwafresh:

Keep it up.. I also use phone. I find it convenient than PC. the ESC, F1, F2 and so on, are at my disposal.
It's called NEXTAPP. i make use of it to listen to missing audios and in reducing the speed of the audio while I type with SwiftKey. I make at least $5 daily with my phone. smiley smiley

Dude please am stuck and i need help.
What mobile browser do you use?
I tried using Chrome and some parts of the transcript that i should edit spilled over into the instructions on the right part of the screen, i had to release the call. It was my first time.
Is it possible to re-watch that YouTube training video that we watched after we were accepted. I couldn't even find it on YouTube.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LordShiva97(m): 4:30am On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:
Guys, so after days of reading all the comments on this thread and FAQ, I made my first attempt today. It wasn't easy because I used a phone, and I was nervous. But guess what?

I got a Five. I'm good to go shocked

Please what mobile browser did you use?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2019
LordShiva97:

I tried using Chrome and some parts of the transcript that i should edit spilled over into the instructions on the right part of the screen, i had to release the call. It was my first time.
Is it possible to re-watch that YouTube training video that we watched after we were accepted. I couldn't even find it on YouTube.

Qa jobs are meant to be done with laptop. If you are using phone (like myself) you'll have to use some techniques in order to complete your jobs. It's something you'll have to develop on your own in other to earn. I'm using Chrome for the job. If you still think you can't use phone, then try a laptop. But If I was able to transcribe over 200 minutes with my phone and earn bonus of $5, then you can as well do it with a phone.. Peace.

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2019
LordShiva97:

Move it from Mobile site to Desktop site in your phone browser.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2019
What a lovely public holiday this will be.
Loads of regular calls on the dashboard! Let's get them, guys.!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2019
I don't u derstand your difficulty using mobile phones to work on the platform. I've been using one, myself. I use Chrome, landscape view. And as for the icons blocking my view, those icons scroll differently from the work space, so I can actually scroll the part that is blocking my view, move my cursor to the point i need to edit, and just get on with it.

Just rotate your phone from portrait view to landscape view. That's what I do.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2019
lanibi:
Not being ready means not ready to make some cool cash grin
I read in past pages how you started with your struggles and how you're now a boss tongue

I'm no boss. Everyone struggled at some point.

But don change my story.

I gave up twice. Got back up twice.

Just ask good questions , read FAQ (I open it up when I'm working), read the sample Transcript, read posts here.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
Just to encourage those using phone. I have a laptop and believe me when I say I just used it once. I use my phone always. And I found it more convenient using it. For the other part being blocked, I'm comfortable with it now. At first, it was stressful trying to locate some hidden statements.
This transcribing is easy once u master it.
My first account was removed from Qa world due to very poor ratings. I never give up. I kept trying till I got it right.
I went through the sample transcript, FAQs, some hints her on Nairaland and taking note of the rating notes.
For now, I don't have to be checking my email or my profile for 1 or 2 rating. because I know it will be 5 or 4.

Never give up!

I will remove be screenshot soon.

8 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2019
dryakson:
Just to encourage those using phone. I have a laptop and believe me when I say I just used it once. I use my phone always. And I found it more convenient using it. For the other part being blocked, I'm comfortable with it now. At first, it was stressful trying to locate some hidden statements.
My first account was removed from Qa world due to very poor ratings. I never give up. I kept trying till I got it right.
I went through the sample transcript, FAQs, some hints her on Nairaland and taking note of the rating notes.
For now, I don't have to be checking my email or my profile for 1 or 2 rating. because I know it will be 5 or 4.

Never give up!

Badessssssssssssss!!!! wink wink
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
Goodmorning to all the goodmembers of this forum.
Please I need help with the PayPal account creation , I tried it with both (sa) and (ls) but keep getting stuck on this stage as seen on the photo below and no idea on how to proceed.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
dryakson:

Never give up!

Do you download the audio before you work on it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
I just came across a complain of paypal holding people's fund and asking for verification before the fund can be released. Please, what is the maximum amount to withdraw in order to avoid a situation like that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
LordShiva97:

Please what mobile browser did you use?

Chrome. But it sucks. Pc is far better.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
dryakson:

Never give up!

You guys motivate us. I want to go all out by next week though. Because, I'm yet to set my paypal account. Would I be pay for last week job if I don't get my paypal account ready before Thursday next week?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
toluxe0075:
I just came across a complain of paypal holding people's fund and asking for verification before the fund can be released. Please, what is the maximum amount to withdraw in order to avoid a situation like that?

I think 500 dollars.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

I think 500 dollars.
is it per month? or at a go?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
toluxe0075:
$3600 per year transaction limit (approximately) for mine.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Chrome. But it sucks. Pc is far better.
Wayyyyy better. Maybe he's not using to working on a desktop

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
Prenom:
Goodmorning to all the goodmembers of this forum.
Please I need help with the PayPal account creation , I tried it with both (sa) and (ls) but keep getting stuck on this stage as seen on the photo below and no idea on how to proceed.
I created mine eternities ago...
Maybe someone else might have an idea.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning, please I have been reading and watching videos because sincerely it's disheartening seeing mistakes though. Please how do you decipher between rep and customer?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
dryakson:

Never give up!

Secondly bro, how do you deal with understanding everything they say?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
samsard:
How about at a go?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

I think 500 dollars.
I just hope 100 dollars at a go wouldn't bring such wahala. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
samsard:
How did you get to know this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

just try to know what services the company provides. Example, some is education, some is solar services for the home, etc.
Just understand the flow and what de her talking about.

Just go with the flow

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

You guys motivate us. I want to go all out by next week though. Because, I'm yet to set my paypal account. Would I be pay for last week job if I don't get my paypal account ready before Thursday next week?
u wouldn't be able to start transcribing without a PayPal
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
Playz:
Do you download the audio before you work on it?
I don't download. I'm used to the calls. Sometimes before they finish a statement, u can know they are talking about already.
I am using a good earpiece from Huawei. When I used another earpiece, I couldn't decipher anything with some earpiece I tried.

The pix of the earpiece below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dryakson(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
toluxe0075:
U can verify your PayPal and lift the withdrawal limit. I did mine.
They will withdraw $1.90 from ur account and refund it within 30 days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3thelicioux(f): 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
I'm interested. please how do I get started?.�
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
toluxe0075:

How about at a go?
They stated "no limit".
I guess I can max out my yearly at go and then get stopped.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ogaemmy:

CONTEXT. Someone explained it up there. You have to Google A LOT else you'd suffer with 1s & 2s. Also check the glossary.
You most likely won't understand everything at once, but as you proceed you'll get the context properly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.