Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424960 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2019
chibuzor05:

From my research, I doubt if they can decipher British accent too. The more reason they want people to transcribe those calls.
Yeah
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2019
Playz:
Approximately how much payment have you received?
$80+

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2019
Hey guys, is there anyone operating two accounts linked to one Paypal account that got paid?

Although, the FAQ says two people shouldn't share one account. Anyone?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2019
Hey guys, is there anyone operating two accounts linked to one Pay-pal account that got paid?

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:
Hey guys, is there anyone operating two accounts linked to one Pay-pal account that got paid?

add another email to your PayPal and you should be good.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 11:26am On Aug 10, 2019
samsard:
add another email to your PayPal and you should be good.

Wow.. Smart one. Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2019
This stuff is hard o. You guys are trying. Tired of getting 2's and i have been sent warning email last week Wednesday.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
Cuteimma1:
This stuff is hard o. You guys are trying. Tired of getting 2's and i have been sent warning email last week Wednesday.
It’s not as easy as it seem .
It’s just that most people that are having hard time at it don’t comment about it on here .

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
For those worried about not having a suitable setup for this work, here's a suggestion.
Can work with Android Phones/Tablets and even enhance the experience for PC Users.
Get a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse.

Connect them to your device and then you can use the keyboard for typing (with full options and shortcuts available) and the mouse for changing the speaker tags easily.
I hope this helps.
Cheers.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
Cuteimma1:
Don't give up..I just started getting 5's and 4's this week after like 10-12 one ratings..
just go back to the Do's and dont's and take note of Capitalization and punctuation when you are transcribing
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ayo199:

Don't give up..I just started getting 5's and 4's this week after like 10-12 one ratings..
just go back to the Do's and dont's and take note of Capitalization and punctuation when you are transcribing
grin Let them wait for easy money grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
Thanks.I will

Ayo199:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
samsard:
grin Let them wait for easy money grin

Lolz.No easy money anywhere bro

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
KayceeBanks:

I just did. I withdrew $17 but was deducted $5 as transfer fee and ended up getting $12. Do they do this normally? As in, how much does PayPal collect as transfer fee?

Like they just took 30% off. Like wtf

How far? You don see alert abi?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
nwafresh:

How far? You don see alert abi?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2019
Using phone to transcribe sucks though. But then, my last six calls are all 5stars. Thanks to all the guys who have been putting us through with different tips on this thread.

I used one week in reading comments and FAQ. and it's paying off.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:
Using phone to transcribe sucks though. But then, my last six calls are all 5stars. Thanks to all the guys who have been putting us through with different tips on this thread.

Keep it up.. I also use phone. I find it convenient than PC. the ESC, F1, F2 and so on, are at my disposal.
It's called NEXTAPP. i make use of it to listen to missing audios and in reducing the speed of the audio while I type with SwiftKey. I make at least $5 daily with my phone. smiley smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
Please house, who knows how DMs(not emails o) work here on Nairaland? Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
Good day everyone, I really want to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread in sharing knowledge. God bless you.
Please ,I am still on opening the PayPal account. I followed the step by step process for South Africa account but at a point I got stuck so I had to open it on my laptop . Some of the issues I have are:
1. I used my voters card as Id but made a mistake with the digits while submitting. What do I do?
2.How do I link it to my account via setting? Seems the dashboard is updated from the template used to teach.
Attached is a picture of where I am stuck. Thanks.
I want to know if I am on the right path and if I am correct for choosing savings.
3.what is the routing number to choose? I had to cover those ones I don't know if they might me important

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Comments and FAQ where? I am currently reading the doc submitted for qa though. Please share any other one too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
AirstarKane:

Comments and FAQ where? I am currently reading the doc submitted for qa though. Please share any other one too.

The comments here, and the FAQ on Q.. A site. I read all the comments. And if you go through the comments, a guy shared a link of sample transcript.

Then, it has to do with your punctuation know-how too.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2019
nwafresh:

Keep it up.. I also use phone. I find it convenient than PC. the ESC, F1, F2 and so on, are at my disposal.
It's called NEXTAPP. i make use of it to listen to missing audios and in reducing the speed of the audio while I type with SwiftKey. I make at least $5 daily with my phone. smiley smiley

Bro. My major challenge is in typing. Which browser do you use, and do you experience any challenge with what you typing running into the extreme part of the screen? Where the "release options and co tend to block your view.

If you don't mind, you can share a screenshot of your workspace. Or just tell me how you do it...Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
nwafresh:

Nice cool

Hardwork definitely pays off...

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
thorrvik55:

Nice cool

Hardwork definitely pays off...
I'm humble to your government sire
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:

The comments here, and the FAQ on Q.. A site. I read all the comments. And if you go through the comments, a guy shared a link of sample transcript.

Then, it has to do with your punctuation know-how too.
alright. I am reading it through too.Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Bro. My major challenge is in typing. Which browser do you use, and do you experience any challenge with what you typing running into the extreme part of the screen? Where the "release options and co tend to block your view.

If you don't mind, you can share a screenshot of your workspace. Or just tell me how you do it...Thanks.

Lol.. I use chrome. No need for screen shots because I experience same thing. Well, I've gotten used to it and it's no longer a barrier.. What I normally do is once I'm done editing where I can see, I'll select and cut it. Then I'll work on those side I can't see. After working, I'll paste the one i cut.. Just try and find a means that'll work for you.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
AirstarKane:
Good day everyone, I really want to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread in sharing knowledge. God bless you.
Please ,I am still on opening the PayPal account. I followed the step by step process for South Africa account but at a point I got stuck so I had to open it on my laptop . Some of the issues I have are:
1. I used my voters card as Id but made a mistake with the digits while submitting. What do I do?
2.How do I link it to my account via setting? Seems the dashboard is updated from the template used to teach.
Attached is a picture of where I am stuck. Thanks.
I want to know if I am on the right path and if I am correct for choosing savings.
3.what is the routing number to choose? I had to cover those ones I don't know if they might me important

Why not open a prepaid account with UBA? it's called AFRICARD. Did you read that part of the thread where you'll need to open a prepaid account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
:Dfour back to back 5 ratings..be like dey are doing 5 bonanza today
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ogaemmy:

puffin displays your transcripts without any problem on phone but the only problem with puffin is it can reload itself anytime and you might have to start afresh.
what I simply do while using chrome or Mozilla on phone is switch phone to landscape mode and I'd have a better view of my work

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
nwafresh:

Why not open a prepaid account with UBA? it's called AFRICARD. Did you read that part of the thread where you'll need to open a prepaid account?
I have a UBA card but I want to complete the paypal account and link it ti the account also my UBA card us verve.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 12:26am On Aug 11, 2019
AirstarKane:

I have a UBA card but I want to complete the paypal account and link it ti the account also my UBA card us verve.

I'd suggest that you back read on the thread. Go to page 40 and help yourself so that you won't find it difficult when withdrawing. What you need is a UBA Africard.. Back read on the thread.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 1:01am On Aug 11, 2019
Please, someone help me out since I started picking calls, the calls will be okay but I but will be displaying loading until the time is over. The total statements will not show, the audio will not be down loaded and releasing calls will not work? Please, what am I to do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.