Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425043 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:03am On Aug 11, 2019
Richardlove:
Please, someone help me out since I started picking calls, the calls will be okay but I but will be displaying loading until the time is over. The total statements will not show, the audio will not be down loaded and releasing calls will not work? Please, what am I to do?
Which browser are you using??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 1:04am On Aug 11, 2019
Someone help me out, my calls are not downloading at all.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2019
Biritiko:

Which browser are you using??
.I use both chrome and Mozilla. But, I opened it with opera with my phone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 1:09am On Aug 11, 2019
[quote author=Biritiko post=81142348]I'll
Which browser are you using??[/quote What do have to say?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:19am On Aug 11, 2019
Richardlove:
.I use both chrome and Mozilla. But, I opened it with opera with my phone.
Use chrome
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Richardlove(m): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2019
Biritiko:

Use chrome
.It is the same with chrome, thanks for your concern.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Worldoma: 6:13am On Aug 11, 2019
Good morning guys. Please how do I transcribe 300 and something dollars? I'm on call please.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2019
Worldoma:
Good morning guys. Please how do I transcribe 300 and something dollars? I'm on call please.

The right place to ask this question is Slack.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2019
This is the longest call I've transcribed, you?

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sylviaokeke4me(f): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5353288/long-rich-long-poor

Become An Online Global Business Man Or woman With Longrich, A Very Sweet Business Model That Gives Freedom And Abundance Lifestyle.

Using Just Your Mobile Phone.

Click the link above to know more
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

Yesterday, I tried working on my longest call. Lost everything, then went back to it and hurriedly submit a not too good work. I was smasched with a 2. sad

Did you download the audios first, and did you run it through grammarly?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 8:07am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

Yesterday, I tried working on my longest call. Lost everything, then went back to it and hurriedly submitted a not too good work. I was smashed with a two. sad Maybe I have to wait for my laptop to work on longer calls.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 8:08am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

psyqs:

Yesterday, I tried working on my longest call. Lost everything, then went back to it and hurriedly submitted a not too good work. I was smashed with a two. sad Maybe I have to wait for my laptop to work on longer calls.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:
I saw a 45! minute call today, sadly my connection grin was too slow and it was a regular one for that matter.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2019
Ogaemmy:

I run all my transcript through Grammarly.

And there is no need to hurry on a long call. You have enough time. I had 11hours on that call and I took two breaks. No kill yourself o

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 8:35am On Aug 11, 2019
samsard:
I saw a 45! minute call today, sadly my connection grin was too slow and it was a regular one for that matter.

Hope say u no release am. You can work on it later when your connection is back up
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

And there is no need to hurry on a long call. You have enough time. I had 11hours on that call and I took two breaks. No kill yourself o

Wow. Nice. Can I share a screenshot of the transcript here for possible corrections? Will blur some parts though... Or jus let it slide?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 9:16am On Aug 11, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Please how do you run through grammarly? I find it difficult to select and copy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2019
nwafresh:

Why not open a prepaid account with UBA? it's called AFRICARD. Did you read that part of the thread where you'll need to open a prepaid account?
Good morning, please is it another prepaid account I am to open. I was trying to link my UBA account to the PayPal account. Like I posted up there I was following thr steps but lost it that was why I uploaded the pictures. These are my questions :
1.how do i edit the Id card digit. I used voters card and omitted one.
2.how do I complete my papypal account ooening?
Attached is a picture of where I am.
Ps:I have read through the documents but got stuck after confirmation of mail.
Can i go ahead? I will go to the bank on Wednesday to request for the Africard but I will need to complete the PayPal account opening.
Also my UBA is a verve card while GT is a mastercard because I was asked the type of card. In short, someone should just help me from the pictures uploaded. Thanks.
Also, whatsapp group should be created maybe spearheaded by the Op.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 9:37am On Aug 11, 2019
houzing:

Please how do you run through grammarly? I find it difficult to select and copy.

Yet to use it too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2019
1. Please, if a speaker keeps say-

Okay, I got you. Repeatedly in different time stamp should I transcribe it? (one per time stamp).

2. And he keeps start something sentences with "and then..." do I transcribe the "and then"?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2019
Ogaemmy:
1. Please, if a speaker keeps say-

Okay, I got you. Repeatedly in different time stamp should I transcribe it? (one per time stamp).

2. And he keeps start something sentences with "and then..." do I transcribe the "and then"?
Read the FAQ

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

Hope say u no release am. You can work on it later when your connection is back up
Error 401 someone quickly grabbed it
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2019
houzing:

install the extension on your browser.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2019
AirstarKane:

Good morning, please is it another prepaid account I am to open. I was trying to link my UBA account to the PayPal account. Like I posted up there I was following thr steps but lost it that was why I uploaded the pictures. These are my questions :
1.how do i edit the Id card digit. I used voters card and omitted one.
2.how do I complete my papypal account ooening?
Attached is a picture of where I am.
Ps:I have read through the documents but got stuck after confirmation of mail.
Can i go ahead? I will go to the bank on Wednesday to request for the Africard but I will need to complete the PayPal account opening.
Also my UBA is a verve card while GT is a mastercard because I was asked the type of card. In short, someone should just help me from the pictures uploaded. Thanks.
Also, whatsapp group should be created maybe spearheaded by the Op.

Forget about you having a UBA verve or GT mastercard. Just go to my post on page 40 and read on how to get a UBA PREPAID CARD (AFRICARD) that's what we use. It's different from your normal bank account you opened. Just CAREFULLY read my post on PAGE 40, go to the bank tomorrow and open it then come back for help. Remember the emphasis i laid on "CAREFULLY" if not, you might be going back to the bank for another card.

This is it ���
With my experience so far, i guess it will help a lot folks that are yet to get their prepaid card..

1. Make sure that your billing address on paypal will be the same with the one you'll fill during the card application. If your PayPal address is not correct, you can edit it (i edited mine)
2. Request for the card from the customer service before he starts filling the details online. Once the card is with you, check the back of the envelope and see if what is written is INTERNATIONAL HIGH. if not, don't allow the personnel to continue with the process online.(i had same issue. I didn't check the back of the envelope and the guy ended up giving me LOCAL HIGH. So please ensure you collect the card envelope and check before he proceeds )
3. If the account (INTERNATIONAL HIGH) is successful, ensure you deposit at least #2000.

4. Once step 1-3 is correctly followed, you can now proceed with both the linking and confirmation.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 4gunners(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:

How do you guys run your call through Grammarly? Do you finish the transcription first, then copy and paste on ms word. Pls, put me through.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2019
nwafresh:

Forget about you having a UBA verve or GT mastercard. Just go to my post on page 40 and read on how to get a UBA PREPAID CARD (AFRICARD) that's what we use. It's different from your normal bank account you opened. Just CAREFULLY read my post on PAGE 40, go to the bank tomorrow and open it then come back for help. Remember the emphasis i laid on "CAREFULLY" if not, you might be going back to the bank for another card.

This is it ���
With my experience so far, i guess it will help a lot folks that are yet to get their prepaid card..

1. Make sure that your billing address on paypal will be the same with the one you'll fill during the card application. If your PayPal address is not correct, you can edit it (i edited mine)
2. Request for the card from the customer service before he starts filling the details online. Once the card is with you, check the back of the envelope and see if what is written is INTERNATIONAL HIGH. if not, don't allow the personnel to continue with the process online.(i had same issue. I didn't check the back of the envelope and the guy ended up giving me LOCAL HIGH. So please ensure you collect the card envelope and check before he proceeds )
3. If the account (INTERNATIONAL HIGH) is successful, ensure you deposit at least #2000.

4. Once step 1-3 is correctly followed, you can now proceed with both the linking and confirmation.
Thanks for your rapt response and I am sorry seems I am not getting it. I was already opening the PayPal account as shown on the pics posted earlier. Does it mean I should just leave it till I go to the bank to continue it and request for card?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AirstarKane(f): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2019
nwafresh:

This is it ���

Thanks for your rapt response and I am sorry seems I am not getting it. I have already opened PayPal account as shown on the pics posted earlier. Does it mean I should just leave it till I go to the bank to continue it and request for card?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2019
psyqs:
You're back in! Ride on bro.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2019
samsard:

Are you kidding me?! shocked shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2019
Biritiko:

Read the FAQ

Typical Slack response!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2019
brijibs:

Are you kidding me?! shocked shocked
I'm for real. grin those ones don't spend 3 seconds on the queue

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.