Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" (19998 Views)

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / Nigerian Lady Calls Out Event Decorator Who Allegedly Steals Photos Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" by philip0906(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2019
LordAdam16:

Part of this is why I don't follow the Nigerian tech scene anymore. A lot of the actors there have their heads in Yaba clouds.

But to your point, Iroko could be doing this to have FMA (first-mover advantage). Although it doesn't seem like we're making headway, monthly minimum wage has been under $100 since forever (it temporarily went higher under Jonathan, but it's back under), and would be for the foreseeable future. So it's not like the number of prospective customers who can afford to pay would drastically improve anytime soon.

The idea is that as the country evolves from a third-world backwater to a middle-income country; disposable income would increase substantially enough that there'd be an extended growth phase. Essentially, setting up shop not for the current economic reality but for the future.

For the IT sector, what Nigeria needs is a Mukesh Ambani armed with a full-proof business plan and strategy to tackle our bespoke challenges. Dude single-handedly transformed India's broadband industry directly causing the bankruptcy of over a dozen ISPs and forcing the merger of two of the four largest telecoms. I had high hopes about NTEL, but it seemed they crumbled under the weight of our harsh economic environment.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone remotely like him. And don't mention Dangote; dude only goes for low-hanging fruit.

The purchasing power of Indians is also very low, but because of the ridiculously inexpensive data; their tech scene is thriving. It can be replicated in Nigeria, but whoever commits to that has to have a very deep pocket (be immensely wealthy), have political connections everywhere, and be prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed because the challenges would be massive.

-Lord
I tell you...I lived in Benin Republic years back and paid 25,000 cfa (naira equivalent was about 8,000 naira THEN) for unlimited data for maximum 3 computers. The company's name used to be Isocell or something like that. This was about 2008.

It's shocking and appalling that in this age and time, data is still luxury for Nigerians. It's simply mind boggling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" by Rextizz(m): 4:07am On Jun 30, 2019
sexybbstar:

IrokoTv is mainly for Nollywood movies. I need an app that's just for bollywood movies alone. I don't even want to sight any nollywood movie in the app.
You are not a good citizen. sad

1 Like

Re: Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" by booksrite001: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2019
philip0906:
I tell you...I lived in Benin Republic years back and paid 25,000 cfa (naira equivalent was about 8,000 naira THEN) for unlimited data for maximum 3 computers. The company's name used to be Isocell or something like that. This was about 2008. It's shocking and appalling that in this age and time, data is still luxury for Nigerians. It's simply mind boggling.

smiley
Re: Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" by Ndipe(m): 7:30am On Nov 15, 2019
Some Nigerian companies treat their employees like slaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where May I Work With Bsc In Physics In Nigeria? / Companies That Request For Payslip Before Employment / Which Of These Two Careers Can Help Me Migrate To The US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.