Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters (60730 Views)

The Result Of Presidential Poll By Arewa Prof. Sani Wuhil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by sampopey(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is what happens when history is not pass down to next generation. "Accept certain inalienable truths prices will rise politicians will philander you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable politicians were noble
and children respected elders".
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
joseph1832:
the opinion of the public who don't vote? Do you honestly believe any sane government will care about the opinion of people who don't have the franchise to vote them out of office?

U can't say whether they voted or whether they didn't vote. U& I aren't privy to that info. What these Nigerians have volunteered is their public opinion & in issues of governance it is important. D govt is in power to serve d public in d first place so therefore their opinion matters in how u govern them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by flames01: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
OgundeleT:

and Atiku wouldn't have gotten more than one vote that belong to him

Atiku would have won hands down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
Splashme:
Still wondering how Buhari won re-election

U can find d reason below. Pls pardon d foul language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by joseph1832(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
lexy2014:

U can't say whether they voted or whether they didn't vote. U& I aren't privy to that info. What these Nigerians have volunteered is their public opinion & in issues of governance it is important. D govt is in power to serve d public in d first place so therefore their opinion matters in how u govern them
I can say they didn't vote because the online poll conducted on Twitter as to who will win the election showed twice the number of people who actually voted real life.

Same can be said as regard the political campaign of both APC and PDP where we saw mammoth crowd grace the campaign grounds but was disappointed this same mammoth crowd many don't have PVC.

Using Twitter as a yardstick to judge the level of government performance is a no no as we know one person can have three of four twitter account, which they can use to vote.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 12:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
joseph1832:
I can say they didn't vote because the online poll conducted on Twitter as to who will win the election showed twice the number of people who actually voted real life.

Same can be said as regard the political campaign of both APC and PDP where we saw mammoth crowd grace the campaign grounds but was disappointed this same mammoth crowd many don't have PVC.

Using Twitter as a yardstick to judge the level of government performance is a no no as we know one person can have three of four twitter account, which they can use to vote.

Did u take a census of d people at campaign venues to have come to ur conclusion? Did u interact with d mammoth crowd after campaigns to have known d percentage that have PVC& d percentage that dont have PVC? Was a poll also taken to ascertain whether d people who participated in d poll each have 5 twitter accounts? If u dont use to solicit 4 public opinion, what else would u use? D poll was open to all to participate in. Whatever d case, whether they voted or not they have a right to their opinion & to how they want 2b governed. And because d govt exists at d instance of d public, then their opinion matters no matter d number of people behind it
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by adeyemi91(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
Erediauwa:
My only concern is that miscreant that gave the humble Umaru Musa Yar'Adua one vote.
Lol.. I swear some people no jus get sense.
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by joseph1832(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
lexy2014:

Did u take a census of d people at campaign venues to have come to ur conclusion? Did u interact with d mammoth crowd after campaigns to have known d percentage that have PVC& d percentage that dont have PVC? Was a poll also taken to ascertain whether d people who participated in d poll each have 5 twitter accounts? If u dont use to solicit 4 public opinion, what else would u use? D poll was open to all to participate in. Whatever d case, whether they voted or not they have a right to their opinion & to how they want 2b governed. And because d govt exists at d instance of d public, then their opinion matters no matter d number of people behind it
actually I did. From the pictures I saw online and the results from polling units posted online, one can easily deduce the mammoth crowd was a farce and full of people who don't have PVC.

There's what we call referendum. It's the oldest tool government use to get public opinion. Or why didn't Nnamdi Kanu tell the government to use Twitter to get public opinion about if the Ibos want Biafra, why did he tell the government to conduct a referendum.

A opinion is suppose to the ascribe to one individual, not many individuals. If you think or believe it's okay for a person to use multiple twitter handles to vote, then you'd be okay with an individual using a PVC with the same name to vote in many polling unit.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Angelfrost(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
1% to Yar'Adua? How did his name get in there in the first place?... That man would have salvaged this country... The day that man died, was the day I concluded that even Heaven had given up on this nation. cry
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by kponkedenge(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
Tolexander:
seems you were not here when sexkillz was banning till 2102 cheesycheesy
Chai grin grin
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Champneys: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
Never in doubt!
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
joseph1832:
actually I did. From the pictures I saw online and the results from polling units posted online, one can easily deduce the mammoth crowd was a farce and full of people who don't have PVC.

There's what we call referendum. It's the oldest tool government use to get public opinion. Or why didn't Nnamdi Kanu tell the government to use Twitter to get public opinion about if the Ibos want Biafra, why did he tell the government to conduct a referendum.

A opinion is suppose to the ascribe to one individual, not many individuals. If you think or believe it's okay for a person to use multiple twitter handles to vote, then you'd be okay with an individual using a PVC with the same name to vote in many polling unit.

Pls look at this
lexy2014:

Did u take a census of d people at campaign venues to have come to ur conclusion? Did u interact with d mammoth crowd after campaigns to have known d percentage that have PVC& d percentage that dont have PVC? Was a poll also taken to ascertain whether d people who participated in d poll each have 5 twitter accounts?
And look at this

joseph1832:

Looking at pictures isn't d same thing as taking an actual census of people. Looking at pictures and what u saw online isn't d same thing as physically interacting with d mammoth crowds in all 36states of d federation & abuja.
So this a lie

joseph1832:
actually I did. .

So if u can lie, then that puts big question marks on whatever it is u are going to say to me.

A referendum is a vote put to d public about key national issues like Biafra that u mentioned. Public opinion isn't too different but it doesn't involve voting. Its a feedback mechanism which govt uses to measure d pulse of d public with regards to their views, attitudes & beliefs about what it is doing. How feasible is it 4d govt to hold a referendum everyday because it wants to feel d pulse of d people? While referendum is instigated by d govt, public opinion is instigated by d public. Both are important & are a good source of information 4d govt as to how d public feels about it.

NB: there's a difference between individual opinion & public opinion. Did u do govt in secondary school? If u did, u won't find d subject of public opinion strange
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by subcbouy: 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
amaniro:

Wtf are you saying? SR is committed to exposing corrupt politicians. From my assertion of them so far they're neutral.
Neutral with presidential ambition.?
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by abbasajao(m): 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
These people should stop being in pains and move on.
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by deomelo: 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
Funny how Igbos used to hate SR, but SR is now their main depot and ipob center for wailing and gnashing of teeth....

Awon werey oniranu.

Long Live @ SAIBABA

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by sapientia(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is rigged.

If its free and fair, Buhari should get 95% while others share 5%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by joseph1832(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
lexy2014:

Pls look at this

And look at this

Looking at pictures isn't d same thing as taking an actual census of people. Looking at pictures and what u saw online isn't d same thing as physically interacting with d mammoth crowds in all 36states of d federation & abuja.
So this a lie

So if u can lie, then that puts big question marks on whatever it is u are going to say to me.
yes of course looking at pictures isn't the same thing as taking census of people. I'm sure you know an individual can't conduct a census all by himself.

Looking at the pictures posted online by people who voted is among the way an individual can know the amount of people who voted, albeit via election result coming from polling units. Interacting with people from the 36 states is impossible and you should stop using it as a yardstick to push your point as an individual can't interact with people from the 36 states at the same time physically.

You should try and read and understand instead of trying so hard to find fault.
A referendum is a vote put to d public about key national issues like Biafra that u mentioned. Public opinion isn't too different but it doesn't involve voting. Its a feedback mechanism which govt uses to measure d pulse of d public with regards to their views, attitudes & beliefs about what it is doing. How feasible is it 4d govt to hold a referendum everyday because it wants to feel d pulse of d people? While referendum is instigated by d govt, public opinion is instigated by d public. Both are important & are a good source of information 4d govt as to how d public feels about it.
aren't we saying the same thing here or you just want to find fault again in my post.

Public opinion is instigated by the public while referendum is instigated by the government of which the same public opinion is what will be used to appraise or even measure the referendum.

So if the government decide to conduct a referendum about how well its governing the people public opinion won't play a role in it because the public won't take part in it?
NB: there's a difference between individual opinion & public opinion. Did u do govt in secondary school? If u did, u won't find d subject of public opinion strange
the sum total of individual opinion is what makes public opinion. Of which like I said, an individual is entitled to his opinion but when that individual have access to spread his opinion more than once like the poll conducted by Sahara reporters, then something is wrong.

I say it again, social media is the "wrongest' place for anybody to conduct any opinion poll because we don't know who is who. Anybody can be anybody on social media. Or why do you think Twitter verify the handles of some individuals.

Once again, stop trying to look for fault. Beside, did you vote in the last election?
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by food4tot: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
udokpuenyi:

The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them

Hmmmm, food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Lamasta(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is the only election I can vote for Buhari any other is void

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Onemanonevote: 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
contigiency:
Voted by Sahara reporters, PDP faithfuls and other corrupt enemies of Nigeria whose source of feeding fat over the years has been from misappropriated and stolen common treasury.
Mainagate vote for buhari.Tinubu with his 2 bullion van also voted for buhari. Corruption fighter indeed
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by charlsecy(m): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
contigiency:
Voted by Sahara reporters, PDP faithfuls and other corrupt enemies of Nigeria....
Why didn't APC faithfuls vote?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by datopaper(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Buhari
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by chuksmad(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
I am not surprise, who again if not Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
joseph1832:
yes of course looking at pictures isn't the same thing as taking census of people. I'm sure you know an individual can't conduct a census all by himself.

Looking at the pictures posted online by people who voted is among the way an individual can know the amount of people who voted, albeit via election result coming from polling units. Interacting with people from the 36 states is impossible and you should stop using it as a yardstick to push your point as an individual can't interact with people from the 36 states at the same time physically.

You should try and read and understand instead of trying so hard to find fault.
aren't we saying the same thing here or you just want to find fault again in my post.

Public opinion is instigated by the public while referendum is instigated by the government of which the same public opinion is what will be used to appraise or even measure the referendum.

So if the government decide to conduct a referendum about how well its governing the people public opinion won't play a role in it because the public won't take part in it?
the sum total of individual opinion is what makes public opinion. Of which like I said, an individual is entitled to his opinion but when that individual have access to spread his opinion more than once like the poll conducted by Sahara reporters, then something is wrong.

I say it again, social media is the "wrongest' place for anybody to conduct any opinion poll because we don't know who is who. Anybody can be anybody on social media. Or why do you think Twitter verify the handles of some individuals.

Once again, stop trying to look for fault. Beside, did you vote in the last election?

First of did u do govt in secondary school? I doubt if u did. Public opinion is a concept in govt/political science just like rule of law, separation of powers, social contract& a host of others. In more advanced democracies, they have what is called opinion polls just like what Sahara did on twitter. D polls are used to gauge public opinion or sentiment& govts take these polls seriously.

D problem u are having is questioning d qualification of d people that participated in d poll. That is not ur duty. Just d way u acknowledged that every individual has a right to his or her opinion, then who are u to determine whether they were qualified to air their opinion on Twitter on d basis of whether they voted or didn't vote? U aren't in any position to question d credentials of those that participated in d polls. What u can do is to look at d result of d polls& if u dont agree witg it, disprove it with facts. If u say d results of d poll is wrong, provide us with a true reflection of things by doing a comparative analysis of buhari with d other presidents. If u can't do that, sorry dude there's nothing anyone can do about how u feel about d polls.

U no an individual can't take census by himself but yet u said u did. So what am I missing here? I choose to use whatever criteria I deem fit if u can't meet it, that's not my problem. After all, earlier u said u met d criteria. Y are u now complaining?

joseph1832:

Looking at the pictures posted online by people who voted is among the way an individual can know the amount of people who voted,

How can u just by looking at pictures b able to ascertain d number of people that voted? Oga, which magic u de use? Even INEC can't do that

Pls answer this:

lexy2014:

How feasible is it 4d govt to hold a referendum everyday because it wants to feel d pulse of d people?

I don't need to find fault in d things u say. U put d fault in ur comments urself
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Vicilo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Huhari at 65%, then how did he win 2019 election? Who voted him inn?
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Lampsy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Erediauwa:
My only concern is that miscreant that gave the humble Umaru Musa Yar'Adua one vote.

1% of total vote ... not ONE... think!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by MrBONE2(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
contigiency:
Voted by Sahara reporters, PDP faithfuls and other corrupt enemies of Nigeria whose source of feeding fat over the years has been from misappropriated and stolen common treasury.

Yeah grin

Say No to Dasuki grin

Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by joseph1832(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
lexy2014:

First of did u do govt in secondary school? I doubt if u did. Public opinion is a concept in govt/political science just like rule of law, separation of powers, social contract& a host of others. In more advanced democracies, they have what is called opinion polls just like what Sahara did on twitter. D polls are used to gauge public opinion or sentiment& govts take these polls seriously.
Me doing government in secondary school isn't the issue here but you still trying to look for faults.

Opinion poll are conducted no doubt but people who usually take part in that poll have identities. They're not faceless like the people on Twitter.

Now imagine an opinion poll conducted here on nairaland where we know a person can have up to 50 monikers, how credible would you say that poll is? This is what I've been trying to put across to you which you fail to take note of but rather chose to find fault in what I've been typing.
D problem u are having is questioning d qualification of d people that participated in d poll. That is not ur duty. Just d way u acknowledged that every individual has a right to his or her opinion, then who are u to determine whether they were qualified to air their opinion on Twitter on d basis of whether they voted or didn't vote? U aren't in any position to question d credentials of those that participated in d polls. What u can do is to look at d result of d polls& if u dont agree witg it, disprove it with facts. If u say d results of d poll is wrong, provide us with a true reflection of things by doing a comparative analysis of buhari with d other presidents. If u can't do that, sorry dude there's nothing anyone can do about how u feel about d polls.
now here again you're trying to find fault. I didn't question the qualification of the individuals who took part in the poll, I only questioned the individuals who took part in the poll because they're faceless.

Now what's to stop another online newspaper from conducting another poll and arriving at a different result which might show PMB as the best president ever. After all, faceless individuals are the ones who will take part in the poll and they too might have 30 Twitter account to vote for PMB. Need I mention Sahara Reporters is owned by someone who is against the administration of PMB.

Now here you are. If you want comparative analysis, let Sahara Reporters show the Twitter handles of everyone who took part in that poll. That's comparative analysis, don't you think so?
U no an individual can't take census by himself but yet u said u did. So what am I missing here? I choose to use whatever criteria I deem fit if u can't meet it, that's not my problem. After all, earlier u said u met d criteria. Y are u now complaining?
how did I take census? Hope you know the definition of census bros?

How can u just by looking at pictures b able to ascertain d number of people that voted? Oga, which magic u de use? Even INEC can't do that
how can you just by looking at numbers from people who don't have face accept that PMB is the worst president ever?
Pls answer this:

I don't need to find fault in d things u say. U put d fault in ur comments urself
where did I say government need to conduct referendum everyday to know people's opinion about them?
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by slimghost(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
Tolexander:
I concur

What?. Even you?. We are making progress bro. Never knew you can turn on Buhari.
Re: Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters by Akiika: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Except Shehu Musa Yar'Adua was never a Nigerian president.
SR are lazy and ignorant online media. It has lost all credibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike & Amaechi Exchange Words At The Burial Of Adolphus Karibi -Whyte / Army: Why We Cannot Expose Boko Haram Sponsors / Motorcyclists Break Into Governor Ayade's Office, Dump Corpse Of Colleague There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.