Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1445480 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (1441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
serious? Do you have an account with them?. I have been sent the USD account number now sef and it's already showing in my mobile app.

That's nice opening a dorm account without much stress, i just opened an account with them the week they suspended their naira card for international transaction (the $15 monthly limit), they sent me my account number later & called some days later & verified my address by asking & describing the building where i reside, the whole tin tire me as the main purpose of even opening the account(the $15 monthly spending) has been nullified

Now back to your dorm account creation, the first stage has gone successfully, nos the real stage & where it matters the most is how's the funding & charges??

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
icon91:

That's nice opening a dorm account without much stress, i just opened an account with them the week they suspended their naira card for international transaction (the $15 monthly limit), they sent me my account number later & called some days later & verified my address by asking & describing the building where i reside, the whole tin tire me as the main purpose of even opening the account(the $15 monthly spending) has been nullified

Now back to your dorm account creation, the first stage has gone successfully, nos the real stage & where it matters the most is how's the funding & charges??
They still do that physical house verification in 2023 shocked
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
I bought $135 at 765 per dollar at Abeokuta itoku market in the afternoon , deposited it in my GTB dollar account,got home and hit the pay now button. Summer sales is now taken care of and I'm likely to stick with the dollar account for payments in the future. The virtual cards are getting problematic.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
$8 for card creation and initial deposit. A bit steep imo.
That's not even all. A 2% charge and $1 flat funding fee. They no serious.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
I bought $135 at 765 per dollar at Abeokuta itoku market in the afternoon , deposited it in my GTB dollar account,got home and hit the pay now button. Summer sales is now taken care of and I'm likely to stick with the dollar account for payments in the future. The virtual cards are getting problematic.
I should do the same. Those fintech guys are becoming something else.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goodnuel:
Yes they do.The banks have trust issues and who can blame them
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ominie:
Has anyone tried this guys?
Was about to try it but it looks like absolute trash too.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
Yes they do.The banks have trust issues and who can blame them
They no well o. grin. I remember when i created the account in 2013, the guy called me later without telling me he was going to verify the address. He was lost and called me to tell me that he couldn't find the house, i told he wasn't serious, and he should find it, I ended the call. That evening, they sent me my account number.
Really shocked to learn that they still do it till date. I like the bank sha. Always free hall when you enter.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fayrouzz(m): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
What charges are attached to running a dorm account with GT. Like overall charges pls.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
lilioj:

Yes I have an existing account with them.
Sorry Man. But i have a theory that is a little bit wild. I think some CC reps in these banks know more than thier colleagues cuz i first spoke with a lady who told me about the 2 reference form issh, i then asked another CC rep (A man btw) who just ask me for my existing account number and boom,i have sent the dom account no. inside 4 hrs with the internet log in details as well.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2023
icon91:

Yeah, The CC rep said i should come tomorrow to apply for the Dollar Card, and the fee will be debited from my existing naira account, so i should know more by tomorrow hopefully.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goodnuel:
That's not even all. A 2% charge and $1 flat funding fee. They no serious.
As in, i actually took out time within the past 2 days to try about 8! of these fintechs offering VC services and i was met with a stiff brick wall!. Gotok is/was still the best I've used, and i am predicting if they come back, thier stance will be just as stiff. I don't blame them tho, i think most of them have card issuers outside of here, and the financial burden of that is enormous. I read they actually have to remit to the card issuer whenever one uses the card, even if the transaction failed due to insufficient balance!.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
Fayrouzz:
What charges are attached to running a dorm account with GT. Like overall charges pls.
Mine is a GTB dollar account, not domiciliary. The fee is ten dollars per year and you only need bvn, photograph and id card to open it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
As in, i actually took out time within the past 2 days to try about 8! of these fintechs offering VC services and i was met with a stiff brick wall!. Gotok is/was still the best I've used, and i am predicting if they come back, thier stance will be just as stiff. I don't blame them tho, i think most of them have card issuers outside of here, and the financial burden of that is enormous. I read they actually have to remit to the card issuer whenever one uses the card, even if the transaction failed due to insufficient balance!.
Yes. I watched a video of the CEO of Cardify talk about some of the challenges they face, and the issue of charge backs and fraud. Still some of these their charges are just too much for the average user. At the rate other are going, Chippercash, the rejected stone might just become the cornerstone again.

Yes, Gotok was truly the best.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Katsuki: 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Fayrouzz:
You don't have to pay more to get it... There will be tracking actually, but if you have your mind already fixed on using the paid shipping, then you can pay. Personally, i don't pay for any order with free shipping. In fact, i almost always filter for free shipping.

Ok I'll try it out
I'll pay for one and not the other
Let's see how it goes

And also
Is free shipping delivered to your door
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fayrouzz(m): 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
Mine is a GTB dollar account, not domiciliary. The fee is ten dollars per year and you only need bvn, photograph and id card to open it.
Ohh. Okay. Can you transfer to it, and did you pay $10 upfront, and in what currency, if yes.

Also, are there any individual transaction fees attached?

No vex for my 1000 question o
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
Sorry Man. But i have a theory that is a little bit wild. I think some CC reps in these banks know more than thier colleagues cuz i first spoke with a lady who told me about the 2 reference form issh, i then asked another CC rep (A man btw) who just ask me for my existing account number and boom,i have sent the dom account no. inside 4 hrs with the internet log in details as well.
If you have a similar account with them already then there is no reason for them to be asking you to supply the same documents over again for example someone with a current account should be able to open a domiciliary account on the spot while someone with a savings account should be able to open a dollar card account. It's just common sense but unfortunately it's lacking in Nigeria
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fayrouzz(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
Katsuki:

Ok I'll try it out
I'll pay for one and not the other
Let's see how it goes

And also
Is free shipping delivered to your door
Yes. If registered and delivered by Speedaf.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goodnuel:
Yes. I watched a video of the CEO of Cardify talk about some of the challenges they face, and the issue of charge backs and fraud. Still some of these their charges are just too much for the average user. At the rate other are going, Chippercash, the rejected stone might just become the cornerstone again.

Yes, Gotok was truly the best.
Funny story lol i got my Chipper Dollar Card for free in January, then i linked it to my Apple Music, defaulted on the Apple Music Payment because of network issue and Chipper promptly cancelled my card to avoid chargeback at thier end, and now they are requesting for 2k to create another one 😂.

But 2k is very fair compared to what others are offering, so Chipper might be the way to go for virtual dollar cards for now.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
If you have a similar account with them already then there is no reason for them to be asking you to supply the same documents over again for example someone with a current account should be able to open a domiciliary account on the spot while someone with a savings account should be able to open a dollar card account. It's just common sense but unfortunately it's lacking in Nigeria
Exactly!.. It's basically the same KYC!, No need for an extra documentation, i doubt some of the CC reps finish the courses before they mount PC and be answering "Customer Care".
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
This would have made sense, but since it is a foreign currency, these roadblocks are put to sort of dissuade people from flooding it. Before our official currency turn another country currency. It is not even allowed to have another country's currency account in other countries.

So, i think these restrictions are in order kinda
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Katsuki: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
Fayrouzz:
Yes. If registered and delivered by Speedaf.
And how do I know if it is
(Hope I'm not bothering you with questions 😅😅)
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
Fayrouzz:
Ohh. Okay. Can you transfer to it, and did you pay $10 upfront, and in what currency, if yes.

Also, are there any individual transaction fees attached?

No vex for my 1000 question o
The cashier told me I would not be able to transfer into it but people on this board have told me that she was wrong as they were able to transfer into it. I did not pay upfront and they deducted from my first dollar deposit which was very annoying at the time. There are no transaction fees,all you pay is the annual fee.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=Babalegba post=123776743].[/quote
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goodnuel:

Never knew they did this till now, na so i see am, no big deal anyways
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
Funny story lol i got my Chipper Dollar Card for free in January, then i linked it to my Apple Music, defaulted on the Apple Music Payment because of network issue and Chipper promptly cancelled my card to avoid chargeback at thier end, and now they are requesting for 2k to create another one 😂.

But 2k is very fair compared to what others are offering, so Chipper might be the way to go for virtual dollar cards for now.
Yes o. The 2k is very fair now. I have my own card still active but i haven't used it this year. Maybe it is time to go back.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
Broskyjames:
As in, i actually took out time within the past 2 days to try about 8! of these fintechs offering VC services and i was met with a stiff brick wall!.

Have tested about 5 of them in a couple of days also but discovered that they are birds of a feather.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fayrouzz(m): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
Babalegba:
The cashier told me I would not be able to transfer into it but people on this board have told me that she was wrong as they were able to transfer into it. I did not pay upfront and they deducted from my first dollar deposit which was very annoying at the time. There are no transaction fees,all you pay is the annual fee.
Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fayrouzz(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
Katsuki:

And how do I know if it is
(Hope I'm not bothering you with questions 😅😅)
Your tracking number with end with an R. If it is not registered, it will end with an E. This is for Speedaf.

No, the question and answers is what the thread is for. Idea sharing.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
Fayrouzz:
Ohh. Okay. Can you transfer to it, and did you pay $10 upfront, and in what currency.

This is exactly my grouse with the banks! They should make the dollar card funding flexible such that one would be able to transfer dollar from another platform to the card account , just like when one is transferring naira from one bank acct to another. With that, one would be able to fund the card at the comfort of the home, instead of looking for aboki to buy dollar from.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by AutomaticMotors: 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
Olamak1:

This is exactly my grouse with the banks! They should make the dollar card funding flexible such that one would be able to transfer dollar from another platform to the card account , just like when one is transferring naira from one bank acct to another. With that, one would be able to fund the card at the comfort of the home, instead of looking for aboki to buy dollar from.

They would never do this!! That physical inflow means alot to them!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gbagura: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2023
Broskyjames:
No i wasn't given. They just ask for my acc number with them and that was all. The guy basically just filled in the form, verified my BVN and told me to wait for a text with the account number.
Will you be issued a dollar card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (1441) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: sureteeboy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.