Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1444757 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gbagura: 6:48am On Jun 14, 2023
Babalegba:
Mine is a GTB dollar account, not domiciliary. The fee is ten dollars per year and you only need bvn, photograph and id card to open it.
Does the dollar account comes with a dollar card? What's the difference between a Dom and a dollar account with gtbank? Thanks baami, ba i sí
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2023
Gbagura:
Does the dollar account comes with a dollar card? What's the difference between a Dom and a dollar account with gtbank? Thanks baami, ba i sí

You can't operate domiciliary account in a bank unless you're an existing customer of such bank. But Prepaid dollar card is issued to interested persons whether they're already customers of the issuing bank or not. An account number (written on the card) is usually attached to the card. This is the number you use when depositing dollar into the card.
For instance, I went to UBA last year to request for dollar card, and in less than 2hrs, without submitting any documents and filling any account-opening forms, I picked up the card ( Mind you, I don't have account with UBA, even up till now). If I had requested for domiciliary account, then I'd have been told to open a current account first.....
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sheggsliveth: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2023
Olamak1:

You can't operate domiciliary account in a bank unless you're an existing customer of such bank. But Prepaid dollar card is issued to interested persons whether they're already customers of the issuing bank or not. An account number (written on the card) is usually attached to the card. This is the number you use when depositing dollar into the card.
For instance, I went to UBA last year to request for dollar card, and in less than 2hrs, without submitting any documents and filling any account-opening forms, I picked up the card ( Mind you, I don't have account with UBA, even up till now). If I had requested for domiciliary account, then I would have been told to open current account first.....

Please, how will you be funding the dollar card? Will you have to buy at black market or CBN rate?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sheggsliveth: 11:07am On Jun 14, 2023
Broskyjames:
$8 for card creation and initial deposit. A bit steep imo.

Hello bro, please have you used this on AliExpress before? Am about funding it
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by IAmRoot(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2023
Broskyjames:
No i wasn't given. They just ask for my acc number with them and that was all. The guy basically just filled in the form, verified my BVN and told me to wait for a text with the account number.

Can someone in the U.S send money directly
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2023
sheggsliveth:

Please, how will you be funding the dollar card? Will you have to buy at black market or CBN rate?

Of course, funding is at black market rate because banks won't sell dollar to you.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Psalmspsalms: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Good afternoon everyone. Please can I make purchases on AliExpress using my chipper cash virtual card?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Sonrexx: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
Psalmspsalms:
Good afternoon everyone. Please can I make purchases on AliExpress using my chipper cash virtual card?
👍🏽💯 works this morning, klasha better
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Reports reaching Nairametrics indicate the Central bank has given commercial banks and dealers in the forex market the green light to sell forex freely which is at a market-determined rate.

This is in line with the promise of President Bola Tinubu to unify the multiple exchange rate in the market.

The initial understanding of this message is that banks can now sell forex at market-determined rates, suggesting Nigeria is now operating a freely floating exchange rate.

Nairametrics confirmed this from multiple sources at the central bank and from traders with knowledge of the matter.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/14/breaking-banks-told-to-trade-forex-freely-in-nigeria/?amp=1
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by williams2600(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sonrexx:

WHAT RATE?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ganie(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nipost now charges 1k for pick up
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sheggsliveth: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
What I got after funding, I just fund right now

Wanted to send my money back and got this response

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sonrexx:

Klasha working properly? How about their incesant message of one challenge or the other? I got a message from them this morning that card funding is unavailable for now . Am reluctant to fund my card.... Have you used it of recent?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
sheggsliveth:
What I got after funding, I just fund right now

Wanted to send my money back and got this response
Just wait. Most of them are down currently.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sheggsliveth: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
After I successfully top my zed account, can't still add to AliExpress, though have send them a message but they closed for today

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Broskyjames:
Exactly!.. It's basically the same KYC!, No need for an extra documentation, i doubt some of the CC reps finish the courses before they mount PC and be answering "Customer Care".
You'll need to. When I opened Dom account last year, I was asked to fill a new form and 2 guarantors. Mind you, I have savings and current accounts with them since 2009.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
Babalegba:
The cashier told me I would not be able to transfer into it but people on this board have told me that she was wrong as they were able to transfer into it. I did not pay upfront and they deducted from my first dollar deposit which was very annoying at the time. There are no transaction fees,all you pay is the annual fee.
They've introduced stamp duty on it now, except it's not valid for prepaid but they charge it on my Dom account.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by dipson4: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
ganie:
Nipost now charges 1k for pick up

Your package eventually arrived?
Did they call you or you went there?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Psalmspsalms: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sonrexx:
works this morning, klasha better
Alright I tried downloading the Klasha app yesterday and when I got to the stage of inputting my home address, it didn't proceed from there again
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ominie(m): 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
smiley

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ominie:
smiley

What does this news mean for a common/lay man??

Both in short/long term, better days or more pending doom??

Those that understand this Fx & all these economy stuff very well should throw more light on this issue so that man will know his stance well & get prepared for what's coming
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
sheggsliveth:

Yh, maybe its because of the federal floating of naira...I hope it will be cheaper sha
Is it official yet?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
jboixxx:
You'll need to. When I opened Dom account last year, I was asked to fill a new form and 2 guarantors. Mind you, I have savings and current accounts with them since 2009.
Currently in the bank now. The ladies told me i needed to bring references, i told them that that's not what i heard. Another guy gave me an agreement form to fill, and proceeded. I have done everything now, they said the account number will be sent later. I didn't fill nor bring the guarantors.

I also have had an account with them since 2012.

These banks seem to have different rules or staff that are not properly informed.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Goodnuel: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2023
icon91:

What does this news mean for a common/lay man??

Both in short/long term, better days or more pending doom??

Those that understand this Fx & all these economy stuff very well should throw more light on this issue so that man will know his stance well & get prepared for what's coming
I don't think we will face any further hardship than we have now, giving that we weren't getting the FX at the official rate anyways. I think the government just decided to openly face the reality, and things should be slightly cheaper. At least, in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ganie(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
dipson4:

Your package eventually arrived?
Did they call you or you went there?
All my packages have arrived ooo....both Speedaf and Nipost.

I just picked up the Nipost today and I can say it was very fast if we go by what people have been saying here. I was called to come pick up and it's the Nipost office inside my estate. So I was even happy to give the woman the 2k she requested for (2pcs of phone) because they came separately.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by dipson4: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
ganie:

All my packages have arrived ooo....both Speedaf and Nipost.

I just picked up the Nipost today and I can say it was very fast if we go by what people have been saying here. I was called tocome pick up and it's the Nipost office inside my estate. So I was even happy to give the woman the 2k she requested for (2pcs of phone) because they came separately.

That's nice...still expecting mine.. when exactly was the phone shipped? Is your location Lagos?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
sheggsliveth:

Hello bro, please have you used this on AliExpress before? Am about funding it
I didn't even create the card Bro. The fee is on the very high side.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
IAmRoot:

Can someone in the U.S send money directly
Yes.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
jboixxx:
I didn't need to. I have the dom acc set up now with no documentation provided other than my naira account number with them. I applied for the dollar card, i have been debited for it from my Naira account and the card is expected to come in next week.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ganie(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
dipson4:

That's nice...still expecting mine.. when exactly was the phone shipped? Is your location Lagos?
I guess it would have arrived at the nearest post office to you.
Yes, it is Lagos...this is the timeline

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by dipson4: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
ganie:

I guess it would have arrived at the nearest post office to you.
Yes, it is Lagos...this is the timeline

I'm in Abuja though. You didn't attach the timeline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.