Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1451064 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Nuel182:
Heard GTbank card limit per month is $500. How will someone be able to purchase items worth $800 - $1000 on AliExpress??
Or eBay

Yep. I got that notification about 3 weeks ago. I guess it was because of the worsening naira-dollar exchange occassioned by COVID crisis. It used to be around 2000usd per month, I think.

So when things get back to normal post covid, they'll likely up it. GTB no dey wicked like that like some other banks. Even apparently, with this increase in exchange rate, their rate is one of the lowest if not about the lowest.

As per your question, if you have more than one GTB account that you can pool for the transaction, you can talk to the seller explaining your limitation. Then he can create/list items in his store that cumulates to your intended amount to spend for that single item. You pay for the respective items to the limits allowed using your different cards.

Alternatively, those people in NL (they usually buy gift cards too) that helps buyers pay for items online at some subsidized naira-dollar-yuan exchange rate usually do not have that spending limit problem. They can help you pay as third party while you transfer to them the agreed naira equivalent.

The problem with this though is in the event of failure of delivery of item in which you will have to file dispute for refund, the money will be refunded to that third party's account, not yours and well, except you have an angel of God as that that third party guy, you may be in for a long haul getting him to even acknowledge being refunded by AE let alone him paying you back the money.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2020
mctfopt:

I've done it in Alibaba, seller obliged and split order to make it happen. Dunno about AliExpress, but since Chinese will do just about anything to make that sale, I won't be surprised if the seller agrees to this.

All I did was explain to seller my bank has max limit per purchase, and asked him to split the order into two.
can i have your contact bro?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2020
mctfopt:

I've done it in Alibaba, seller obliged and split order to make it happen. Dunno about AliExpress, but since Chinese will do just about anything to make that sale, I won't be surprised if the seller agrees to this.

All I did was explain to seller my bank has max limit per purchase, and asked him to split the order into two.
Yeah but some sellers kolo. What A would agree with, B might reject citing AliExpress T&C blablabla. grin
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2020
jboixxx:
Yeah but some sellers kolo. What A would agree with, B might reject citing AliExpress T&C blablabla. grin
Dispute 1 done and dusted, more to be opened this time next week

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
Baba o. Sinzu money! Na refund upon refund jare. A package just arrived 9ja yesterday after receiving my refund! I no like this scenario but man must be a good Nigerian.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 11:47am On Jun 22, 2020
jboixxx:
Baba o. Sinzu money! Na refund upon refund jare. A package just arrived 9ja yesterday after receiving my refund! I no like this scenario but man must be a good Nigerian.
sey na that marathoner, Baseus
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by earthrealm(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2020
So got an sms for pick up from Post office, this morning.
Ring rd, benin city.
Se3ms they r back!...yippeee.
Ordered a bunch of items in march, lemme see wch items have arrived

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by fognext: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Volkswagen90:
never u can't lose money, this is not a black man business, trust them so much,i bought many things there,

alright sir, that's really reassuring.
thank you, really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
can i have your contact bro?

Send a pm...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
jboixxx:

Well, it depends on the seller, some may agree, others may not.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
could you imagine, seller wants to refund me 214usd instead of 229 for my lost package undecided
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
sey na that marathoner, Baseus
I don forget that Baseus o but if it lands, na a good luck cuz ordering has been suspended o. Baseus money de one corner with the hope of arrival.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
mctfopt:

Send a pm...
me i no get this Nland pm stuff, you fit msg me via whatsapp
To reach me faster on whatsapp CLICK HERE
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
iKingsley:
could you imagine, seller wants to refund me 214usd instead of 229 for my lost package undecided
that ya DHL good, that's 15 usd lesser,how much you put for amount wen you opened dispute
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
that ya DHL good, that's 15 usd lesser,how much you put for amount wen you opened dispute
229. That's the maximum. Seller is requesting I accept 214 so they can take half of the shipping fee (USD 30)
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
iKingsley:
229. That's the maximum. Seller is requesting I accept 214 so they can take half of the shipping fee (USD 30)
has aliexpress given final verdict.
you can send a screenshot of the dispute page
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
gidieberry:
has aliexpress given final verdict.
you can send a screenshot of the dispute page
AliExpress will step in on 25th

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
iKingsley:
AliExpress will step in on 25th
no worry, aliexpress will pass a better verdict
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Darlinx01(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
singpost have started again...abeg guys which one is "expired tracking number"? What does it mean?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Darlinx01:
singpost have started again...abeg guys which one is "expired tracking number"? What does it mean?
Screenshot?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Darlinx01(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
jboixxx:
Screenshot?
viz stupid fone cant take screenshots
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hi guys, I've been shopping on AliExpress for 2yrs now but I don't understand what is happening lately.. last 2 weeks, I got an update of item delivered on the phone I ordered since march.. I had to call the post office but my post man told me that nothing came.. I was worried because none of my orders have been declared received before it gets to me in the past, but I decided to chill since folks on this forum who experienced the same still got their packages a day or 2 after such update..
Jboixxx also encouraged me to chill, that it will still come.
My people, this happened since 11th of this month and up till now, it hasn't gotten to my post office and I have less than 3days buyer's protection for an order that has been marked as delivered..
I'm really confused and scared. I dunno what to do.
Below are screenshots of the last updates I got.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Alozera:
Hi guys, I've been shopping on AliExpress for 2yrs now but I don't understand what is happening lately.. last 2 weeks, I got an update of item delivered on the phone I ordered since march.. I had to call the post office but my post man told me that nothing came.. I was worried because none of my orders have been declared received before it gets to me in the past, but I decided to chill since folks on this forum who experienced the same still got their packages a day or 2 after such update..
Jboixxx also encouraged me to chill, that it will still come.
My people, this happened since 11th of this month and up till now, it hasn't gotten to my post office and I have less than 3days buyer's protection for an order that has been marked as delivered..
you are in soup if the item never arrived and the tracking says it arrived. You can never win dispute with it like this. lipsrsealed
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tonididdy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
earthrealm:
So got an sms for pick up from Post office, this morning.
Ring rd, benin city.
Se3ms they r back!...yippeee.
Ordered a bunch of items in march, lemme see wch items have arrived
Otenwen dormor
Please can I see a sample of your exact shipping address to the post office?
I also am in Benin. It's my first order on AE, I just want to be sure my address is right.
Meanwhile is this your first delivery to the Edo PO?
What are some of their procedures there?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
iKingsley:
you are in soup if the item never arrived and the tracking says it arrived. You can never win dispute with it like this. lipsrsealed

But It never got to my local post office.. the last update was from the post office in the capital city which is like 2hrs from my town.. I really dunno what to do
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by earthrealm(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
tonididdy:

Otenwen dormor
Please can I see a sample of your exact shipping address to the post office?
I also am in Benin. It's my first order on AE, I just want to be sure my address is right.
Meanwhile is this your first delivery to the Edo PO?
What are some of their procedures there?

Turns out to be a single item.
Bought since oct 2019, didnt get to me..seller shipped again in dec...saw a nipost bus offloading more packages, so seems the guys are back for good

Lolz @ your request, not posting sh,it.
Address is address, item would get sent to nearest post office to your address, PO wil call or s3nd sms for pick up

Post your own address here, so we can correct it,.....if necessary
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Alozera:

But It never got to my local post office.. the last update was from the post office in the capital city which is like 2hrs from my town.. I really dunno what to do
you called your post office or you went there?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tonididdy(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
earthrealm:

Turns out to be a single item.
Bought since oct 2019, didnt get to me..seller shipped again in dec...saw a nipost bus offloading more packages, so seems the guys are back for good

Lolz @ your request, not posting sh,it.
Address is address, item would get sent to nearest post office to your address, PO wil call or s3nd sms for pick up

Post your own address here, so we can correct it,.....if necessary
Smh... I am asking for a public govt address not your ATM pin oh...

Anyway here's mine.
I have inked out my full names and mobile number.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
iKingsley:
you called your post office or you went there?

This is my school's post office. I've been in touch with the postman ever since then.. he keeps updating about other untracked items that came in but he told me that he haven't gotten any phone so far..
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Alozera:

Check http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Track_Trace

Your screenshot shows updates from NIPOST and EMS Nigeria. Go to the post office and present your findings.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Alozera:

You're wasting precious time. Can't you see Item Delivered from NIPOST? Go down to your local post office and present your findings before your package vanishes into thin air. Let them contact GPO Umuahia to provide an update.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
tonididdy:

Anyway here's mine.
I have inked out my full names and mobile number.

Isn't this the Post Office address? Airport Road postal code is 300251 but nothing to worry aboit. The post office along Airport Road, GRA will notify you when the package is ready for collection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1442) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.