Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1461729 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (1443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mfunkynation(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

I am not bad mouthing AliExpress sellers, I stated the simple truth.

Bros don't bother explaining to him.... Those that understand it knows better... as a fact, from what he says he knows it already
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

I don't know why people still choose to buy xiaomi phones on alixpress when they are available locally (except flagships)

I thought it's clearly stated before you buy it..
Chinese ROM and global ROM..

Even those that sell in Nigeria also buy from China.. it's not as if it was produced here..
Unless u wanna tell me something I don't know..
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Alozera:

Even those that sell in Nigeria also buy from China.. it's not as if it was produced here..

They don't state it that way most times.

It is either they call it Chinese Version (Sealed with Chinese ROM) or Global ROM (unsealed Chinese Version with Global ROM) or Global Version.

Global Versions are usually more expensive.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Pdazzle6: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

Let me give you a free advice when it comes to AliExpress and Xiaomi phones.

Whenever you see "Global ROM" IT means a Chinese Version(Note you won't be able to use some network 4G, MTN especially) that has been opened(It won't come sealed), bootloader unlocked and a Global ROM is installed.

Now here comes the catch some sellers will flash an official ROM some will flash a Fake ROM that if you try updating it bricks.

My current phone is Global ROM.

I bought a Redmi note 7 (global rom) been using it for a year now and no problem, MTN 4g works very well for me.. I've updated my OS didn't have any problem.
It's just simple when buying phone buy from a good seller with plenty good reviews.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pdazzle6:

I bought a Redmi note 7 (global rom) been using it for a year now and no problem, MTN 4g works very well for me.. I've updated my OS didn't have any problem.
It's just simple when buying phone buy from a good seller with plenty good reviews.

RN7 yes but not RN8. From the 8 series they removed band 7 which was the only MTN Band that used to be available on Chinese Variant, on the 8 series only Band 3 is usable there.

Whenever you want to buy a Chinese Version (Global ROM) it is advisable to check the LTE Bands it has and compatibility with the networks you use.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

It is either they call it Chinese Version (Sealed with Chinese ROM) or Global ROM (unsealed Chinese Version with Global ROM) or Global Version.

This is really confusing.. I'm never had an issue with 4g.. this is my 3rd Xiaomi device from AliExpress..
Does it mean that AliExpress don't sell the global version?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jibrin0: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
please what does this mean Your order will be closed in: 21
days 11 hours 4 minute
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

RN7 yes but not RN8. From the 8 series they removed band 7 which was the only MTN Band that used to be available on Chinese Variant, on the 8 series only Band 3 is usable there.

Whenever you want to buy a Chinese Version (Global ROM) it is advisable to check the LTE Bands it has and compatibility with the networks you use.

I'm currently using the redmi note 8 and I got it on AliExpress.. 4g is perfect both on MTN and Airtel which are the 2 SIM cards I use

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ebby9z(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
SpeedRacer:

Find a seller that will give you Dhl at the standard rate . A lot of these sellers double the DHL rate .I paid $30 for DHL some sellers out dhl for same item at $120 one even put $200, maybe their location within China or Hong kong is also dependent .
Just need Dhl to do fast ad deliver or call me to come and pick up be cause when it landed and I saw departed Lagos facility I called dhl customer care and the agent was telling me estimated delivery is still 25th meaning I have 2more weeks
They better not try that
Will place another call in the morning
Hopefully, I'll be able to get cos the reason I'm in this current dilemma with Nipost wahala is cos I couldn't spend over $500 at that time ...

All I want to buy next is just a screen. Doesn't make sense to spend a lot on delivery, might as well just buy the screen in Nigeria.

When did you make your order that they are asking you to wait for another 2 weeks?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by semid4lyfe(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
QUESTIONS

1. Has anyone received a package from Aliexpress via Singapore Post after the 90 days buyer protection expired in this covid-19 period?

2. Which exchange rate will be used in the event of a REFUND, the rate at which the order was made or the present rate?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

Now I understand what you meant..
This is the seller I bought from. It was clearly stated global version not global ROM

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Pdazzle6: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

Redmi note 8 Global rom is currently scarce and is more expensive than global version.. so far only 2 stores are selling global rom.. check it out

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pdazzle6:

Redmi note 8 Global rom is currently scarce and is more expensive than global version.. so far only 2 stores are selling global rom.. check it out

So in conclusion, the global version is more preferable for a Nigerian buyer, right?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Alozera:

I'm currently using the redmi note 8 and I got it on AliExpress.. 4g is perfect both on MTN and Airtel which are the 2 SIM cards I use

You bought a Global Version
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Alozera:

Now I understand what you meant..
This is the seller I bought from. It was clearly stated global version not global ROM

This is Global Version. The only LTE band not available is Band 28 but all Xiaomi New Global Versions from the Mi Note 10 all have Band 28.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Alozera:

So in conclusion, the global version is more preferable for a Nigerian buyer, right?

Yes. Except that phone don't have a Global Version, in that case just buy the Sealed Chinese Version with Chinese ROM.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alozera(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

You bought a Global Version

Yes
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pdazzle6:

Alright.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by stanisbaratheon: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
adeniranfam:

U call text me on WP

Please what is WP?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lemonz(m): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Alozera:

Let 'em be talking what i don't understand.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BabaKc: 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

This is and absolute lie and misleading information.
Quote me anywhere.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaKc:

This is and absolute lie and misleading information.
Quote me anywhere.

Highlight which one is a lie and a misinformation.

Highlighted on the picture below is the LTE BANDs supported on the Chinese Version for RN8.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kemicalreact: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Abeg, shey I fit ship from aliexpress this COVID-19 period and the Nipost Wahala

Cc Dermmy
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BabaKc: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

Highlight which one is a lie and a misinformation.

Highlighted on the picture below is the LTE BANDs supported on the Chinese Version for RN8.

You're quoting GSMarena, but I am talking from first hand experience.

I received 3 Redmi note 8 and one Redmi 8 Global ROM (Only the 4gb + 128gb variant is Global version) ordered on June 17 in my local post office in ENUGU today.

I have tested all of them and the support MTN and Airtel 4g LTE.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
ebby9z:

Hopefully, I'll be able to get cos the reason I'm in this current dilemma with Nipost wahala is cos I couldn't spend over $500 at that time ...

All I want to buy next is just a screen. Doesn't make sense to spend a lot on delivery, might as well just buy the screen in Nigeria.

When did you make your order that they are asking you to wait for another 2 weeks?

Got the screens today ,paid on monday
Used DHL shipping
Seller gave me shilpping for $30 a lot of sellers have shopping for 55000 naira that's note than $100,

Just woke up in the middle of the night sunday/monday and started chatting sellers .he was the only one that responded that midnight out of like 15 sellers and allowed me to pay base fare for DHL shipping .
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaKc:

I received 3 Redmi note 8 and one Redmi 8 Global ROM (Only the 4gb + 128gb variant is Global version) ordered on June 17 in my local post office in ENUGU today.

MTN are testing Band 3 in some selected locations.

Download network LTE checker from playstore it will tell you the band you are using.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by HarrierJumpJet: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaKc:

you are lucky
okay
here is my question
please, when was it despatched to overseas?, what did the tracking show when it arrived in Nigeria that's if it was updated??, how long did it take post office take to call you? and which state
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
prince985:
Oga seller I no do again oo grin

haha grin grin
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Pdazzle6: 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaKc:

It's the same store I ordered my own Redmi note 8... I ordered 22nd June but mine is still stucked on despatched to oversea since 8th July...
When was ur own dispatched pls?
Did the tracking information change From despatched B4 u received ur phone?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Hussain87: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hey guys , gtbank is now going through...... just letting you know; cheers

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hussain87:
really? GTB customers, over to you cool
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by adeniranfam(f): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hussain87:

Wen did u try it

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (1443) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: Adebayolove(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.