Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,313 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1445010 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
gr8gem:

How long did it take to get delivered to you in Nigeria and which shipping company handled the item, did you pay custom duty.

The phone got to me in 10 days, from the date of dispatch to destination country. As per logistics company, leave that to the seller. He gives the parcel to aliexpress who eventually decides which carrier to use. In my case, my order was handed over to 4px and it got delivered promptly. No custom duty, only handling charge paid at the post office for a pick up.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofetemi(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
morikee:

Domiciliary Account

Ok
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofetemi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2022
I am considering GTB. GTB dollar card users, what are the requirements for domiciliary account?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by chiboyne(m): 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2022
jboixxx:
North East.
You'll have patience! Lots of it.
���
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigsecsyde(m): 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2022
MY sterling bank used to do no more than $20 monthly before but the past 2 months, I have done almost $300, I did 148$ yesterday at once and it went through and I'm sure I can still do more if I try

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jmarjr(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2022
Pls I saw a smart tv for 23k on AE....pls what's your take as I have never used the platform b4. Should I buy it?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jmarjr(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
Pls how legit are these products? I want to buy either one of them...am a first timer so I have never bought anything on AE...

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by orikzz(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
Emmyyboy:
Omoh, AliExpress is processing my refund in 3 days, but it was Barter Dollar Card that I used to purchase.

Praying it works out well �

How far bro... What's the update on your refund ?

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by morikee: 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
bigsecsyde:
MY sterling bank used to do no more than $20 monthly before but the past 2 months, I have done almost $300, I did 148$ yesterday at once and it went through and I'm sure I can still do more if I try

I wanted to get Sterling Bank but can't pass OTP
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ebubemg(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
Fremantle:

I know today isn't Sunday, permit me to preach to you.......

You know, when Jesus told his disciples to go into towns and spread the good news, he instructed them to bless the towns that welcomes them and whoever rejects them.... they should dust their feet and leave.

Now I need you to take note of @Bolded cuz that's what you'll do when next you login to AE. Dust your feet and say farewell to the seller and his product.

It is worth nothing that there's no free shipping under DHL or FedEx. None of these shipping lines offer free shipping on AliExpress. Any free shipping under the guise of DHL or FedEx is a scam.
this is not true some sellers offer free shipping with DHL or FedEx and they legit

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Vicboi1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
Eliona:
Okay, send me a mail on vilandrab@gmail.com

Thank you for your help and trust
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2022
Fremantle:

Happy Sunday
Did you see my follow up comment? If you didn't this is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/5266068/thread-only-aliexpress-shopper/984#115426267

I want to ask you a question;
If the price of shipping is been added to the items you intend to purchase (which I'm not arguing is not done, I believe it is) would you pay an outrageous amount for an item you know isn't worth the price? What I'm trying to say... if you follow that link above, you'll see a screenshot for an item that cost $1.20 and DHL shipping cost is N25000.

Let do a little math, let say the seller offers free DHL shipping having in mind (from what you said) the seller will bargain with DHL split the bills (settling DHL) then keep the rest.... Now if the seller was to add the original DHL shipping price of N25000 to the $1.20 item, would you buy the item?

People have laid their frustration and worry here of how sellers offer free DHL and after transactions, item never came or the tracking number issued was fake or it belonged to someone else and when seller was contacted a new tracking number was issued or seller never responded.

Anyway someone asked for advice, I decided to help out with the best of knowledge I've gathered from these thread, it's left for folks to pick or leave. I can only say the negative testimonies of using free DHL shipping out weighs the positives 10-1.

Please do well to check the link and answer the questions thank you.

I agree with what you posted up here. That is why I gave the caveat "not entirely true" in my post.

If a seller offers free DHL on a 15 usd item, I'll pass. This is because 15 usd cost price isn't even likely to bring it to Nigeria via DHL in the first instance, so does it mean that the seller is giving out the item for free?

As per the other part of free DHL being real in some instances, I recall when I got a gate opener from a seller, he had two different adverts of the same item in his store. Then, the dollar was still around 350 naira. First advert gave 45k cost price, 66k FedEx shipping. The second advert gave 119k cost price, free FedEx shipping. Note that the second one is 8k more than the total of the first advert even though it is tagged free FedEx shipping; and from the same seller ó.

In both scenarios painted (yours or mine), due diligence is key because I could have paid more to that seller if I jumped on the "Free FedEx shipping" tag.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 12:04am On Aug 08, 2022
Jmarjr:
Pls how legit are these products? I want to buy either one of them...am a first timer so I have never bought anything on AE...

You only showed us the cost price. Are you sure everything you'll pay is that 29k? Better look further down the page ó, there you will see the cost price which may be around 80k.

If it is free shipping or negligible shipping cost, then it may not be so legit.

Better still, check the ratings of the seller, the reviews other buyers gave him on this item and also how many years (or months) he has been trading on AE.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Eliona(f): 3:59am On Aug 08, 2022
You are welcome
Vicboi1:

Thank you for your help and trust
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Fremantle: 6:51am On Aug 08, 2022
ceaser:

If a seller offers free DHL on a 15 usd item, I'll pass. This is because 15 usd cost price isn't even likely to bring it to Nigeria via DHL in the first instance, so does it mean that the seller is giving out the item for free?
Now you get my point, that has been my argument all along, that's why I made it clear on items that cost below 20 USD. What ever tactics the seller intends to use to bring your product to you via free DHL is up to him. But note that some maybe scam, a guy recently complained about free DHL, 3pages back, he was giving a wrong tracking number. The tracking number was for someone else's order under DHL.

As per the other part of free DHL being real in some instances, I recall when I got a gate opener from a seller, he had two different adverts of the same item in his store. Then, the dollar was still around 350 naira. First advert gave 45k cost price, 66k FedEx shipping. The second advert gave 119k cost price, free FedEx shipping. Note that the second one is 8k more than the total of the first advert even though it is tagged free FedEx shipping; and from the same seller ó.
@bolded, I also made it clear in my previous post, I don't have a problem with free DHL if the cost of the item is high (expensive) like you earlier said, the cost of shipping has been added to the item, no problem. Like in your scenario the free shipping was a tactics used by the seller to lure customers, not every one will pick out the 8k increase like you did, so in dis case the 8k I think is for the seller will the original FedEx shipping cost is added to the item. I'm sure if you take away the 8k, the price of the free shipping and the paid shipping will be the same.

In both scenarios painted (yours or mine), due diligence is key because I could have paid more to that seller if I jumped on the "Free FedEx shipping" tag.
You're right.
Anyone buying a product on AE and comes across Free DHL or FedEx shipping should do his/her due diligence.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Dotmanmcdon(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2022
Hello house, I ordered an item last month ( around 2nd of July) the item was supposed to be delivered around august 3 but till now i haven't got the goods. When I checked the tracking this is the message I got ''Sorry, logistics delay, we will delivery it to you as soon as possible''
I have contacted the seller and she says she help me check it. My question is should I open a dispute cause the system will automatically confirm receipt in 11 days.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jmarjr(m): 9:14am On Aug 08, 2022
ceaser:

You only showed us the cost price. Are you sure everything you'll pay is that 29k? Better look further down the page ó, there you will see the cost price which may be around 80k.

If it is free shipping or negligible shipping cost, then it may not be so legit.

Better still, check the ratings of the seller, the reviews other buyers gave him on this item and also how many years (or months) he has been trading on AE.
its free shipping n no reviews yet. Tink he is a new sellers
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Incredible128: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2022
Jmarjr:

its free shipping n no reviews yet. Tink he is a new sellers
u'll just lose it money
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emmyyboy: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2022
Emmyyboy:
Guys, my Singapore post item has spent 64 days in transit. On 13th July, it showed ARRIVED IN DESTINATION COUNTRY".

No more updates on its whereabouts in Nigeria and post office hasn't called me (this is the 16th day since it arrived Nigeria).

Worse, my AliExpress Buyer Protection will end in 12 days.

Please, what should I do

This item never came though it's showing "Arrived Country of Destination."
I've gotten back my full refund for this item from AliExpress
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emmyyboy: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2022
orikzz:

How far bro... What's the update on your refund ?

I emailed Barter immediately AliExpress processed my refund.

After some days, they checked their system, confirmed it, then converted it to naira and send to my Barter Naira Card.

So it's successful.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ab221(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
My parcel finally came.
The band pro is indeed a product of quality.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hi all, I ordered for two type c dongles advertized as having DAC chips on board but the supplied dongles were without dacs and did not work. I was wondering if I should open a dispute but the amount involved is very small,two dollars. Is it worth opening a dispute for something so small.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
Babalegba:
Hi all, I ordered for two type c dongles advertized as having DAC chips on board but the supplied dongles were without dacs and did not work. I was wondering if I should open a dispute but the amount involved is very small,two dollars. Is it worth opening a dispute for something so small.

Please open dispute and get back your money no matter how small. Take pictures of the item, juxtapose with screenshots of the page where the seller claimed it has DACs and file as evidences.

If many hundred buyers also decide not to open dispute like yours, you can imagine the hundreds of dollars that seller might be cashing in illegally.

Not filing dispute "because the money is small" is what that seller is banking on.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Sologzy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Who has done a transaction with wema (ALAT) App..
And what's there limit
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by orikzz(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Emmyyboy:

I emailed Barter immediately AliExpress processed my refund.

After some days, they checked their system, confirmed it, then converted it to naira and send to my Barter Naira Card.

So it's successful.

Lol, omo.. thank God... My body don come down now... If Dem like make Dem no give me my product.. na refund asap
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by JoeSef0(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello
Just wanted to confirm something
I was looking to buy a replacement battery for my mi 11 from AliExpress then one of my friend said shipping of phone battery isn't allowed in Nigeria
I don't know how true this is
According to him
His friend ordered a battery, shipping got declined at the sorting centre

Has anybody tried this before?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by grinface98(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
damotche:

Yeah! That's true
So how far, bro? Have you gotten your item?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jmarjr(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Incredible128:
u'll just lose it money
cancel the order already
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
ceaser:

Please open dispute and get back your money no matter how small. Take pictures of the item, juxtapose with screenshots of the page where the seller claimed it has DACs and file as evidences.

If many hundred buyers also decide not to open dispute like yours, you can imagine the hundreds of dollars that seller might be cashing in illegally.

Not filing dispute "because the money is small" is what that seller is banking on.
Thanks, I'll do that.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by morikee: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
JoeSef0:
Hello
Just wanted to confirm something
I was looking to buy a replacement battery for my mi 11 from AliExpress then one of my friend said shipping of phone battery isn't allowed in Nigeria
I don't know how true this is
According to him
His friend ordered a battery, shipping got declined at the sorting centre

Has anybody tried this before?

Yes not allowed they cancelled and refund me for Ulefone Armor 3T battery ordered last month
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Meister(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Dotmanmcdon:
Hello house, I ordered an item last month ( around 2nd of July) the item was supposed to be delivered around august 3 but till now i haven't got the goods. When I checked the tracking this is the message I got ''Sorry, logistics delay, we will delivery it to you as soon as possible''
I have contacted the seller and she says she help me check it. My question is should I open a dispute cause the system will automatically confirm receipt in 11 days.

Track your order from postal.ninja and share a screenshot of it here
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emmyreal4(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
Meister:

Track your order from postal.ninja and share a screenshot of it here
please what's the meaning of the last update?

(1) (2) (3) ... (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.